- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

 

 

"Let her go" Selah said coldly. "You come onto our property stinking of anxiety during a lockdown. And somehow got close enough to knock on our door. You dropped an auspicious name..." Susan was saying before Selah touched her waist summoning the Hero Driver. "Get you fucking hand off her now" Selah growled as the air reeked of ozone as static electricity filled it. "Selah no! They have every right to suspect us. They're just as afraid as we are. Please let go. I'm sure you just broke my wrist" Alicia said. "Let her go Susan" Keith said. Susan let go and saw the bruises on Alicia's wrist. "I... apologize. I sometimes forget my own strength" Susan muttered. "No permanent damage done" Alicia said healing her wrist. "Keith. Do you remember a woman named Faith?" she asked. "Yeah I do. She was here at the mansion some time ago. She was doing strange things for us but refused to tell us who she really was and how she just...knew things. Even my daughter couldn't see who she was" he replied. "Faith authorized me to answer any question you had including who she really is. She said that if you doubt our sincerity, to speak a single word and you would know to trust us" Alicia said. "...what is it?" Keith asked curious. "Acornwood" she replied softly. Keith's eyes went wide. "Go on in" he said quietly stepped aside. "Keith..." Susan said wary. "Very few people in this world would say that word to me and know what it means. It's my last name and I only tell it to people that I consider true family" he said softly. They entered the mansion and were led to the library.

 

"Please sit" he told them. They sat as Keith and Susan stood. "How does Faith know my last name? Who is she really?" he asked. "She knew because you told it to her once. As for who she is...she's your daughter" Alicia replied. Keith looked at her shocked. "Contrary to what some people believe, I'm not that much of a horn dog. I get some...comfort from girls now and then but I'm very choosy who I nut in. Now who is her mother?" he asked. "Aspen" she replied. Keith looked furious. "Keith, she's speaking the truth. I can smell it on her" Susan said. "You should sit down. The full story is a little to take in" Alicia told him. "How is it me and Aspen have a daughter we don't know about?" he asked sitting. "Technically you do. You see, Faith inherited your sense of humor and when she changed her name she used a play on words. Before her name was Faith...it was Hope" she said. "You're telling me that woman who was here once...is really my daughter who's in her room playing Mario Kart? he asked. "Yes and no. She comes from another world. Another timeline. It all began last year around August..." she said as she told the sorry.

 

Two hours later...

 

Keith smashed a lamp with his hand. "SHE HAD NO RIGHT TO ERASE MY MEMORIES!" he yelled. "She did it to ease any possible guilt you may have with two Hope's in the world. I mean you would feel obligated to tell Aspen wouldn't you? And then explain what Hope did in the other timeline" Alicia said. "And if someone took away the memory of your daughter?" Keith asked. "I never said I fully supported her decision. Only that I understand why she did it. Keith, you were badly injured, and she feared you'd throw yourself right into our conflict because of who she was. That added to possible rejection from Aspen and her siblings pushed her to do it. And....the decision broke her little heart. She sang "Come go with me" over and over. "I sing that song to Hope to cheer her up" he muttered. "And your little war was lost badly" Susan said. "Understatement of the year. However, Selah made some progress killing Izanami" Skylar said. "Her? The kid?" Susan asked. "She has the power to kill a god. I didn't stop your beef session with her out of fear of her safety. I did it out of yours. She could've blown you to smithereens or simply turned you to sizzling bone and ash" Alicia said. Selah smirked.

 

"So, Lilith is behind all this? The actual Lilith from the bible?" he asked. "The same. She and three other goddesses took over the world with a reality warping Perception spell as you can see" Alicia replied. "The Internet confirms that three goddesses appeared with her, but it says it happened back in January. How come they haven't knocked on our door in all that time?" he asked. "We think what happened was the same thing that happened for us. Your barrier shielded you from the effects and shifted you out of reality until this new reality realigned with the original one inside the barrier. Kinda like trapping air in a bubble. "Then that means we're totally exposed now. Susan, check on Aspen and Claire. We need to see if they heard anything during their time as...Jesus what do you call human sacrifice people? Cultists?" he asked. "Wait. You have Aspen here?" Alicia asked. "We were able to bring her and her wife back by force. Trouble is they were under the influence of this spell" Keith replied. "Isn't that dangerous?" Skylar asked. "They're sedated and being watched last time we checked. Claire did waver when she was put under emotional stress. We're hoping her daughter can reverse the effects" Susan said. "I found that love can be a kind of deterrent to the spell. There's risks though" Alicia said. "What kind?" Keith asked. "I saw a woman go into convulsions like her mind, body, and soul were in conflict. I didn't pry harder but it's clear it's no easy fix" Alicia replied. Keith nodded and dispatched Susan to check on Claire and Aspen.

 

Susan went to check on them and found them still asleep. "Good but we can't keep them asleep forever" she said closing the door. "Hey Suzie? Who's the powerful people with dad?" Hope asked coming from the bathroom. "You sensed that? I'm surprised you didn't come right down" she said. "Was busy looking after both my moms. Their dreams are...twisted" Hope said. Susan didn't want to ask what she meant. "I wanna meet those people" Hope said to her. "Okay" Susan shrugged leading her back to the library. "They're still asleep" Susan said. "Whoa! Those two are really strong dad!" Hope said looking at Alicia and then Selah. Alicia and Selah saw her and couldn't help what they felt. "This is my daughter Hope but as you claim, you already know that. Hope, this is Alicia, Selah, and Skylar. They're here to help" Keith said. Hope floated closer to them. "Why? Why do I feel so much pain from you when you look at me?" Hope asked. Alicia sniffled while Selah simply began bawling. "I don't understand. I feel so much pain and grief from you and I'm in your mind but...I'm different. You, Selah I can feel you desperately fighting not to touch me. I don't mind. You're not a bad girl" Hope said confused. She floated to Selah and landed in Selah's open hand. "Not so bad right? Watch me dance" Hope chuckled as she hoped around like a ballerina. Selah laughed a little but cried harder. "Wow. That works on dad when he's sad" Hope said. "She looks like mom but...younger" Selah muttered sniffling. "I know what you mean but she's not her Selah" Alicia said. "Why am I so clear in your mind when we haven't met before?" Hope asked. Alicia and Selah were hesitant to answer. It was not an easy thing to explain. They looked at Keith. "She'll find out one way or another. Hope sweetie, it's a lot to take in. I don't know if you'll understand it all" he said. "Don't underestimate me" Hope said coldly and oddly mature. Keith and Susan were taken aback. "Please open your mind to me" she said. Alicia and Selah did.

 

It was as if she tried to tread water in a tidal wave. A flood of images, explanations, love, grief, the sight of children that was hers and not hers. A wife, a city under her rule, the maturity she had obtained from constant studying and hard choices in a life not hers. Hope broke the connection. "Honey? You okay?" Keith asked worried. Hope floated to the windowsill and sat on it. "We should help them. Neither of us can do this alone" Hope replied. "That's not a yes or no kiddo" Susan said. Susan approached her. "Don't" Hope said before flying off. "Let her be alone. Susan, please arrange the guest rooms for them" he said. Susan nodded and led them out of the room. Keith stayed thinking on what he had learned. "I had a duplicate daughter with children and a wife. Fuck me..." he hissed. 

 

Meanwhile...

 

"You keeping tabs on Yorkshire still?" Lilith asked. "I'm busy Lilith. Claire and Aspen went missing. Nobody knows where they are" Morrigan said. "You telling me you kept them alive?!" Lilith shouted. "Of course, I did. Claire is powerful in her own right but not too powerful she's immune to our effects. Keeping Aspen alive kept Claire in check. Keeping them alive brings us a powerful slave and a possible lure for the Etherion child" she replied. "Hmm...good thinking but if they're gone..." Lilith muttered. "Then they made their move. I'll be at Yorkshire later this evening. I'm busy with...an issue of my own" Morrigan said. "An issue?" Lilith asked. "None of your concern" Morrigan snapped ending the link. 

 

Morrigan stood as a giantess over the private school in Ulster. The students, all male, were 13 years or older till 18 which is what she desired. 157 of them stood outside as commanded by their goddess. She looked into the souls of each one and most were of good virgin quality. The others barely passable. Of her three forms, she chose the young woman to appear before them. Dressed in black with the feathers of Ravens adorning her collar. Her feet bare with painted black toenails. Her skin was pale as a ghost except her fingers and toes which were rosy as if stained by blood. If one dared look up her dress, they would see her bare pussy. She was as beautiful as she was dangerous. Thousands had already died in her name. Blood spilled to increase her power. Young males, virgin males were best. One would say it was cruel to sacrifice so young a boy barely in their teens but in the time she was worshipped most, it was common as Irish fog to see such boys on the battlefield. She looked down at the boys carefully and gestured for them to come forward one by one to her feet. They came, bent down at her toes, and slit their own throats on her toenails. It was a methodical travesty of the sanctity of life. One by one they bled out over her toes and once spent, she would brush their corpse aside. Their blood would stain her nails and skin for a moment before pooling with the rest on the ground. Within an hour, half were gone and the ground red muddy. By two hours, blood had pooled. By and hour and a half, only a few remained. Then only one. Morrigan could see the quality of his soul.

 

Alexander was a strapping boy of 15. Tall, handsome, the star football player. She felt sorry for him as she was more than a goddess of death. It was not unusual for her to take one like him as a mate before his end came. Morrigan stepped out of the bloody pool to him and sat down. She grabbed him up and studying him for a moment before ripping his school uniform off. "Nice indeed" she muttered studying him. Without ceremony, she plunged him headfirst into her pussy. The teachers and headmaster watched in silence as the last surviving student was raped before them. To Alexander, this was heaven. Losing his virginity to his goddess was a supreme honor. And then jammed all the way in until his head touched her cervix was too much for him to comprehend. With a groan, he released his seed within her. Morrigan immediate sensed it as a death goddess being cum in was like lighting a match in a pitch-black room. A spark of life within a myriad of death.

 

Morrigan pulled out the dazed boy. She almost let him go but he was needed for her dark work. Holding him upside down by his tiny little ankle, she pressed her fingernail to his teeny, little throat...and sliced it open. She remained emotionless as he gurgled and choked. His blood spilling down into the pool beneath him. She waited and waited as he began to run dry. His heart had stopped and sue used her fingers to milk him dry like someone squeezing the last bit of toothpaste out of the tube. His pale corpse spent, she tossed it aside landing in the pile next to her. "Biodh an rud sin air a seulachadh (Let that which was sealed be undone)" in Gaelic. The ground trembled as a spearhead began to rise from the blood. A javelin seven feet from tip to tip with a forked head with seven barbs on each side. It was a legendary fearsome weapon lost in time. Morrigan knew of it fairly well as she collected the victims of it more than once. Last she knew of it was long ago sealed into the very land itself by the legendary Merlin. By using innocent boys' blood, she undid the seal. Touching it, it grew to 190 ft long before she held it. Slamming the base on the ground, it drained the life out of it. The blood spilled turned to red ash, the grass to dust. Gaé Bulg existed once again. 

 

"Keith. There was a great disturbance north of us. Something powerful was just unsealed" Oberon warned. "...you know Morrigan better than any of us. Can she be defeated?" Keith asked sitting at the bedside of Claire. "Morrigan is older than I am Keith. Trying to kill her is like trying to kill death itself. I sensed once before she was wary of Hope, but wariness doesn't equal fear. We can delay or ward her off but killing her?" Oberon replied. Hope entered the room. "They're going to wake any moment" she said floating down to his shoulder. "I figured as much" he said. "You should get back. Claire might...lash out" she warned. Keith backed away but Hope stayed where she was. "The chains are cold iron" he said. "Which will barely contain her. Uh oh..." she said as Claire stirred. Claire awoke. "Where...where am I?" Claire muttered. "Back home momma Claire" she replied. "Aspen!" Claire said looking to the far side of the room. "Honey. Let us go" Claire said. "No can do. You turned bad. You killed innocent people" Hope said. "Because of our goddess. Now let us go right now young lady!" Claire yelled. Hope winced at her tone. "No. You need to be fixed" she replied. Claire lashed out with her power. It was mostly muted thankfully but did frighten Hope and Keith. "Keith..." she muttered. "We all saw what you and Aspen did Claire. You turned into what we have fought. Didn't you feel anything killing those people?" he asked. Aspen began to stir. 

"What the hell is..."

 

"Our daughter and our surrogate sperm bank chained us up!" Claire yelled. "Is that all I am to you?" Keith asked. "You thought you were something else? Don't kid yourself. You gave us some babies and you're a nice friend but that's it. I mean who can deal with your issues? Lawan only married you because she's fucked up too" Claire said. "You're...you're still under the influence" Keith stammered. "Or maybe this is what I'm really thinking but I just don't say it" Claire said. Keith looked at Aspen. "She has a point Keith. Trouble follows your ass. It's like your fucking bloodline is cursed" she said. "Mom...mom don't do this" Hope said. "As for you young lady. I can't even have baby photos of you. I have to worry if you're going to fuck up and destroy us all. It's like having a nuclear bomb for a kid" she spat. Hope put her head in her hands sniffling. "This isn't them. It's the goddamn spell fighting back" he told her. Hope held out her hand. "I can see it wrapped around their souls. I don't think I can break it without seriously hurting their souls" she said. "Wait here" Keith said leaving the room. It was an uncomfortable five minutes alone with them before he returned...holding a handgun.

 

"Where the hell did you get that?" Claire asked. "In Lily's study. It belonged to her husband who got it from his grandfather who served in WWII. This old Webley is in working order too. "You think an illusion..." Aspen said before he tossed it onto her stomach. She felt the weight of it. Keith quietly picked it up and slung the cylinder open. "No illusion. And neither is this .45 caliber round" he said loading a chamber. He slapped the cylinder closed. "Time for a game of Russian Roulette Keith style but you're going to hold the gun Aspen" he said before sitting on the bed. He unlocked her wrist chains and forced the gun in her hand. He had her point the gun at his chest. "Pull the trigger" he said. "Dad you can't be serious!" Hope yelled. "Be quiet. Mom and dad are having a talk" he said. "You think I won't..." she said before Keith used his finger to pull the trigger. *Click*

 

"One down. Five to go. 20% chance this time" he said. "This won't prove anything!" Aspen yelled. Keith pulled the trigger for her. *Click* "He obviously palmed the bullet Aspen" Claire sighed. "Use your clairvoyance to check my pockets then" he said. Claire did. "It's nothing there" she muttered. She looked at the gun. "There's too much iron! I can't see!" Claire yelled. "You sound worried Claire. Come on Aspen. 1 in four chance. 25% in blowing me away" he said. She looked at Hope. "The bullet has a soft iron core so it's a fifty-fifty chance she can heal it. Pull the fucking trigger" he growled. Aspen pulled the trigger on her own this time with shaking hands. *Click* "You're on a roll Aspen! Don't stop now!" Keith yelled making her pull the trigger once more. *Click* "Whoo...now you got a 50% chance this time. Pull the trigger" he said. Aspen was shaking. Tears welled in her eyes. "Pull it. Pull it. PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER" he growled. "I... I can't" she said. "Why the hell not?! I'm a fuckup case right? I don't mean a fucking theming to your right?! Wait, I'll make it easier for you. Invoke the name of your goddess and use my life as a sacrifice. Say it with me. I'm Morrigan's name...I give his blood to thee" he said pressing the barrel to his chest.

 

"In... Morrigan's name...I gave thee...*Click*" she said before Keith pulled the trigger for her. Aspen whimpered like a dog being kicked.  "Well, one chamber left" he muttered. His finger entered the trigger guard. "Please...please don't..." she begged. "Goodbye Aspen" he whispered. Aspen screamed as emotional pain had reached its peak. "Oh my god" Hope said seeing the spell weaken around her mother's soul. Using her power, she exorcised it making the woman convulse before collapsing. "She's free" Hope muttered. "As for you..." Keith said looking at Claire. "Your bullshit won't work on me" Claire said. Keith held the gun and pointed it at the ceiling before pulling the trigger. A deafening shot rang out. "Fuck me that's loud!" he said nursing his borrower hearing. Their ears rang but he made his point clear to Claire. The gun was really loaded, and it was by chance Aspen had not shot him. Keith threw the gun on the table next to her. Keith sat down calmly beside her before shrinking to her size. He touched her cheek.

 

"You remember the night we had sex don't you? How desperately you wanted a child of your own. I felt...well I felt scared Claire. Was I good enough? Could I give you a healthy baby? I looked deep in your eyes that night and saw how badly you wanted it. Like you were scrambling to fill a hole in your heart, and I held the piece. Having kids made me realize how incomplete my life was. Having kids is like our way to make our world less dreary. In a way I envy how long it takes for humans to give birth. 9 months compared to our six weeks. But what six weeks they are. Rubbing your back as you had morning sickness. Dealing with your increased libido at all times of the day. My lips got chapped how many times I sucked your little pussy. Rubbing lotion on your belly. Holding you as you drifted off to sleep. I..." Keith said suddenly stopping as he looked away. Claire began to twitch.  "It was you that helped me get over the loss of my sister. You beautiful miracle. Yes, miracles. Every single one of you. I know I'm not the best guy to have around. I'm impulsive, a horn dog, and I have OCD, but I know deep down you love me anyway. I have never run away from a fight Clare and I'm not about to start now. I will fight for your soul" he said.

 

Claire shuddered and shockingly snapped one of the chains holding her wrists. She punched Keith so hard he tumbled across the bed. "Dad!" Hope yelled. "I'm fine" he muttered spitting a tooth before walking back to her. "You...you think some pretty words is going turn me against my goddess? She has given me everything I wanted! Money! Power! Any mate of my choosing!" she yelled. "At what cost? Your parents? Your son?" he asked. Keith grabbed her left breast and squeezed causing her to shake. He caught her wrist before she could punch him again. "You fucking pervert. When I'm done with you..."

 

"She even took away your ability to breastfeed him. Remember what that was like Claire. Looking into those little eyes as he drank your milk. Does any feeling compare to that perfect peaceful moment?" he asked. "No..." she said softly before crying. "Do you want that feeling again? That perfect moment again?" he asked. "YES!" she screamed sobbing. "Hope. Give her what she wants" he said. Hope nodded and cast magic on her. Claire groaned as hormones flooded her blood and tissue. Her milk ducts coming back to life. Seconds later, precious breastmilk leaked from her nipples. "Please...please help me" she begged as magic flickered in her eyes. Hope broke the spell holding her soul prisoner. Keith undid her chains. "Easy Claire" he said holding her close. Her milk soaked his shirt. Keith grew back to human size and sat there watching the exhausted girl slip back to sleep. "Two down. 7.4 billion to go" he sighed. "Was that a gun shot?!" Alicia said opening the door. "That it was. If Lily were here she'd grab me by the balls and make guacamole for putting a hole in her antique ceiling. Seconds later, a security team appeared. "Four minutes? Guys you can do better" he chided before dismissing them. "You need something other than my daughter?" he asked her. "The Ring of Shishak. The stone is capable of safely supplying Selah's artifact with magic" Alicia replied. "Done. Meet me in the living room at 8 am" he said softly. Alicia left him be. "Get some sleep honey. Daddy has it under control now" Keith told his daughter. Hope was reluctant to leave him but did.

 

The next morning...

 

"Here it is" Keith said handing it to her. "Now to take the stone out" she said. "Whoa there. It is not that easy. This stone is anchored to the ring with very old Arabic arcanes. It would be very bad to try to force it out" he said. "We're on the clock Keith. How bad are we talking?" she asked. "A stone of this quality would explode with a force of one kiloton. It would turn everything and everyone on this hill to dust. I tried asking Oberon to help but he doesn't read old Arabic. He said he thinks he could dislodge it...in a month" he said. "We don't have that kind of time. It's a miracle Morrigan hasn't shown up on your doorstop yet. Arabic arcanes...I think I might know someone who can help. Hand me the ring and I'll make a quick run" she said. Keith shrugged and handed her the ring. She walked out the front door through the barrier. "Be back as quick as I can" she smiled before walking through a portal. "Wish I could do that?" he muttered. "I thought I heard momma Alicia" Selah said yawning. "She left to run an errand. Breakfast?" he asked. She nodded smiling. Keith fixed bacon eggs and a side of toast for her. "Bacon..." Hope mumbled floating into the kitchen. "Eat up ladies" he grinned as his tiny daughter sat on the table.

 

"Been wanting to ask but who made that weird shrinking spell on you Selah?" Hope asked. "You know about that?" Selah asked. "Hope can see all kinds of spellcraft" Keith said sipping coffee. "Well, a man named Markus. All humans where I live are born under it. This is my real size" Selah said controlling her shrinking and standing on the table. "Whoa" Keith muttered seeing the girl no bigger than an ant. "That's so weird seeing someone tinier than me when I'm my natural size. You're cute that size" Hope said petting her. "Aww thanks" Selah blushed.  "Why don't you show her around the city Hope. Make a day out of it" Keith said. "That sounds like a great idea dad!" Hope replied. They quickly finished eating and raced to the sunroom. Selah grew to borrower size to match Hope as they entered the city. "Here is south district. Here you'll find administrative buildings" she said. "Administrative?" Selah asked. "Dad is pretty much the de facto leader here but there is a city council that listens to the people and voice their concerns. It's divided up further into education, sanitation, economy, and other complicated stuff" Hope said shrugging. "It does sound complicated" she said. Selah found the city very familiar in terms of physical design. Modern buildings, walkways for giant and giantesses, streets and even fountains. "Over here are the docks" she said pointing down. "So, goods and stuff enter here?" Selah asked. "No, it's distributed here. Basic needs stuff is distributed for free. Luxury stuff is parceled out by work credits" she said. "Hmm...our city everyone gets whatever they want" Selah said. "So, nobody works?" Hope asked. Selah shook her head.

 

"Sounds cool" she said. "Not entirely. People got whatever they wanted but in exchange were slaves. No, more like livestock" Selah said. Hope stopped walking. "This other me ruled people like that?" Hope asked. "No, she broke that system but kept the idea of providing for them. As mom explained it, it was a work in progress" she replied. "Mom...Selah? Can you tell me about her?" Hope asked. Selah nodded. Hope led her to the east district where the expansive park near the cemetery was. She had her sit down. "It's pretty here" Selah said. "I come here often to think. "Hope! Play with us!" a kid shouted seeing her. Selah grinned. "I have company today" she said. "Please?" the child begged. "Alright" she sighed. Hope grew to human sized and took a few steps over to the others. Hope sat down again. "Sorry. It's hard to say no to them" she said to a small Selah sitting next to her. Selah watched silently as she picked up random tiny children and gently bounced them up and down in her hands. Hope giggled and placed them down for a next kid's turn. "Some things stay the same" Selah said. Hope looked at her. "Mom did this too with the kids in the city" she explained. Hope flicked a rubber ball away for them to scramble for it.

 

"What else did she do?" Hope asked. "She is the kindest person I ever met. I lost my parents in an attack. Mom pulled me out of the rubble, nursed me back to health, and then adopted me" she replied. "...what else?" Hope asked. Selah went and talked for over an hour about Faith. "And then mom and I had this pillow fight...oh. Look down" Selah said. Hope looked down to see some of the kids that were still there had used her bare sole to sleep against. She tapped it. "Kids. My foot isn't a pillow. If you're sleepy go home" Hope said. "Yes Hope" they sighed before leaving. "They really love you here" Selah said. "Not as much as they love Faith in your city" Hope said softly. "I don't think that's a fair comparison to make. Sure, we have more people, but they were slaves Hope. They love her so much because she gave them freedom. These people love you because you're so nice. You took time to play with their kids. You brighten their day just being in it" Selah said. Hope wiped a tear from her eye. "Any good place for lunch?" Selah asked. "I know just the place" she smirked.

 

Hope led her to a cafe. They shrank down to enter. "Afternoon Hope. You have company?" a young man asked. "Yes Brian. Table for two" Hope replied smiling. Brian led them to a table. "The usual and Selah?" she asked. "The same" Selah replied. The young man nodded and left. Selah noticed Hope sniffing the air as he left watching him. "Aha. So, this is Brian" she said. "Wha?" Hope asked. "Faith told me she had a major crush on a boy named Brian and I just saw you taking his scent" she replied. Hope blushed. "Oh. Uh...yeah I do kinda like him" she muttered playing with her hair. "Well, you definitely picked a cute one. He's 16? 17?" Selah asked. "16" Hope replied. "You know. Faith regretted not going out with him" Selah said. "Really?" Hope asked. Selah nodded grinning. Brian returned with two plates of shrimp fettuccine and water. "Brian? If you're not busy later...would you like to spend time with me?" she asked. "I have to look after my brother" he replied. "How old is he?" Selah asked. "14. I don't trust him not burning down the house trying to cook" he chuckled. "Ooh! Double date!" Selah said. "Really? He's been wanting to meet a girl..." Brian muttered. "Settled. Tonight, your place for dinner" Selah said. "Okay. See you at seven?" he asked. Hope blushed and nodded. "I have a date!" Hope squealed.

 

Meanwhile...

 

"Alicia?" Aly asked finding the giantess waiting on their sofa. "Sorry to show up unannounced but I have a problem you or Ahmed might be able to solve" she said. "Lately all you have is problems" Aly quipped. Alicia looked down at her feet. "Sorry. It's been one of those days. What's the problem?" Aly asked taking her shoes off before climbing onto the sofa. "This. I need the gem off it, but it's anchored by really old Arabic arcane" she said placing the ring before the tiny woman. "By Allah. I have only seen such arcane in the royal library. No wonder you have problems. This script hasn't been used since the golden age of Islam nearly 800 years ago. Where did this come from?" Aly asked touching the gem. "From what I was told it was confiscated during an investigation years ago. It's called the Ring of Shishak" she said. Ally's eyes went wide. "Shishak?! The genus arcane Mage of the Saladin Caliphate?!" Aly asked. "I guess? It's really powerful. Faith said the ring can actually control time" Alicia replied. "Sounds like something he'd make. Shishak was a genius. He was to arcane as Einstein was to physics. To create a philosopher stone of such purity" she muttered tapping her teeny like fist on it. "Careful. I heard the thing could explode if you fuck with it" Alicia warned. "Ahmed is busy purifying himself for the coming battle and is indisposed but I can help with this. I spent many sleepless nights studying the old texts" she said. "So, you can remove it?" Alicia asked. "Yes. It will take about three days but why would you remove it?" Aly asked. "We need the stone as a power source for a more powerful artifact" Alicia replied. "...I see. I'll let you know when I'm done with an arcane summon" she said. "Thanks Aly" she said. Aly simply nodded and stared intently at the ring. Alicia left her quietly and returned to the island. 

 

"Any word on him?" she asked Skylar sitting on the sofa with Hana. "Jesus you scared the shit out of me!" Skylar said jumping and catching Hana in midair. Skylar took a deep breath. "Your creepy friend only comes up for food, water, and to take a shit. What is he doing Alicia?" she asked. Alicia sat next to them. "He's working on a cell phone operating system exploit" she replied. "Excuse me?" Skylar asked. "Before Markus was defeated, he was working on a master plan to conquer the world. Part of that plan was to upload a hack into every cell phone on the planet. From there, the phones would become a Trojan horse that would slip a virus into hundreds of communication and navigation satellites orbiting the Earth. The virus would knock out the satellites plunging the planet back into the 1950's" she replied. "Sounds stupid" Skylar said. "According to Faith, it worked in her world and it caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands in a single day. It even crippled nuclear arsenals that had been upgraded. Stupid it is not" Alicia said. "So, you're going to do the same thing?" Hana asked worried. "Don't be silly. I do need that exploit uploaded but not to take out communications. I need it to force a streaming video" she said. "What kind of video?" Skylar asked. "The greatest performance of my life. I'm going to remind the world what love feels like" she replied. 

 

"I'm missing something Alicia-sama. How will reminding them of love help us?" Hana asked. "When Lilith used her spell to enslave the world, she didn't just change their feelings about worshipping their God or gods. She also sealed away their feelings of love. She had to for her plan to work. But love is a tricky thing. You can't just bury it away and pretend it's gone. Love is a manifestation of a person's soul and not even her can enslave a soul. She can control their minds but not their souls. I confirmed that in Dubai when I met a girl who has lost her parents and only had her brother left. She had turned him into a plaything as her goddess Persephone commanded all her subjects to treat men. But when I pulled her true feelings up to the surface, her love for him caused a feedback on the spell knocking her clean out" she said. "If that's the case, it won't work on everyone. Not everyone has someone to love" Skylar said. "True. Unfortunately, very true but I'm betting a couple million people breaking free of her grip is going to cause her to stop in her tracks. She can't afford a rebellion" Alicia said. "She'll kill them" Haha muttered. "Probably" Alicia said shrugging. "A shrug? That's it? Millions are going to die Alicia" Skylar said. "We are at war Skylar and from their point of view we are the enemy. Now I'm not happy about the situation either but it keeps her from sweet talking a general into nuking our asses. Oh? You didn't take that into account? She controls the goddamn planet Sky. You bet your Norwegian ass she has access to every country's nuclear arsenal" Alicia said angrily. "I need coffee" she muttered getting up. Skylar and Hana remained silent.

 

Once she had made a cup, she went downstairs. "Alex, how's it going?" she asked. "The architecture was already laid so that's a plus. Now it's a matter of building on it" he said. "How long?" she asked. "Another two days at this rate but that's not including a debugging and beta test."'

 he said. "We don't have time for that. The longer this takes, the chances of her wiping us out in an instant increase" she said. She handed him her cup of coffee. "I'll try to work faster" he muttered before sipping coffee. 

 

Back in Yorkshire...

 

"You keeping tabs on them?" Keith asked looking at the city. "I have an agent following them. So far they're just having fun" Susan replied. "Good. Hope can use the distraction" he said leaving the window. "Claire and Aspen just finished lunch. They're asking for you" she said. Keith nodded and headed to their room. He entered and saw them quietly looking out the window at the city like he had minutes ago. "How are you two feeling?" he asked. "Like we just came off a fucking coke binge and remembering every fucking thing we did" Claire said. Keith sat down on the bed. He patted it for them to sit as well. "So, you actually remember everything?" he asked. "From the moment I stepped off the model runway in Barcelona feeling this euphoria with Morrigan in my head to the moment you had Hope make my breasts lactate again. 10 months. 10 MONTHS OF..." Claire cried out. Keith picked her up from Aspen's shoulder and held her in his hands. He cuddled her to his cheek as she sobbed. "And you?" he asked Aspen. There was a boy that played a mandolin. He was maybe 14, could've been 15. It was hauntingly beautiful. He stood in the city square with a jar for tips as he played. I shrunk and drowned him in a margarita that night."

 

"A nice man who ran a bakery with his mother. He touched Claire as I was paying for a loaf of bread. I crushed him under my foot in front of his mother. She had a heart attack on the spot. Then the orphanages, schools, hospitals." she muttered. Her hands began to shake. "They begged and pleaded! Offered themselves in exchange for others. A father slit his own throat to save his son. I remember it. I remember it all! OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?!" Aspen shrieked. She ran off the bed to the bathroom and vomited. Keith waited for a minute or so. He could hear her stop and simply sobbed. Keith got up and went to her, he kneeled at her side and pulled her long hair back. He rubbed her back for a moment. "It wasn't you that did it. Both of you were under a very, very powerful perception spell" he told her. "It doesn't change how I felt. I fucking came watching the ones with weaker minds offer up their lives under my bare feet. I watched with a perverse fascination the ones with no families, nobody to love or be loved willingly sacrifice themselves. And those that did have loved ones, especially if they were with them, bargain for their lives. It wasn't me and again it was me" she muttered. She grabbed his shirt collar. "Promise me you'll kill this unholy bitch. Promise me you're going to send her to the depths of hell!" Aspen yelled. "We're working on it. Clean yourself up. I can hear Claire crying" he said. Aspen washed her face and mouth and staggered back to the bed.

 

"How can I even tell mom and dad about this?" Claire cried. "The truth. They've been calling me every hour for the last day about you two. I haven't told them everything. Didn't feel like I had the right" Keith said. "The things we said to you and Hope. How can you even stand to look at us?" she asked. Keith picked her up and brought her to his face. "If all it took was words to break a bond of love and friendship, then all of us would die alone" he answered. Claire hid her face crying and muttered how sorry she was. "I'd rather you smile. Now that takes courage and I know you're a very brave girl" he said. She looked up at the loving giant and wiped her eyes before giving him a smile. "I forgot how beautiful you truly are" he said holding her left foot and kissing it. Her tiny toes curled and wriggled on his upper lip. A gentle kiss on her belly before suckling her breasts. Claire moaned as he drank her sweet milk. He let go and with his other arm pulled Aspen close. Aspen could hear him crying softly. I was so scared I lost you both" he muttered. "What trick did you use with that gun anyway?" Aspen asked. "He didn't. You really could've killed him" Claire said. Aspen looked horrified. "It's alright. It really alright" he whispered kissing her cheek. "We should take a shower. We got some people we want to see" Aspen said. Keith nodded and left the room. "How does he do it?" Claire asked. "I don't know, and I hope I never do. It would ruin the magic of it" Aspen replied.

 

As the sun set, Morrigan began her work summoning shades from her domain. Naked except the thin black veil adorning her face, she stood atop the highest point in Ireland, Carrauntoohill. Standing at 3,407 ft. it was taller than she but anyone looking could still easily see the giantess at the peak. One bare foot on the north side, the other on the south side, she slammed Gaé Bulg down making the mountain shake. Dark energy blotted out the twilight as she began the summoning. "Boudicca, bane of the Romans and hero of the Isle, rise from the darkness and walk the Earth once more" she commanded. The darkness above shed some of itself and raced to the ground forming a naked woman. Red hair twisting into a braid. Her green eyes glowing with unworldly energy. Then her armor appeared. Her toes wriggled as sandals clad her feet. Her breath sharp as a breastplate covered them. Leather armor snug on her naked body. Blue paint coloring her cheeks. She raised her hand and her sword appeared in it. Satisfied with that one, she began summoning another. Brennus, ruler of the Senenones and the first true enemy of Rome, rise from the darkness and walk the Earth once more" she commanded. The darkness coalesced and formed a strong middle-aged man. Boudicca watched in awe as she knew of him very well. When alive, she grew up on stories of how he sacked Rome. He was every bit what she imagined him.

 

"No wonder he has so many heirs" she thought looking at his body. She couldn't help but stare for a moment at his penis. Morrigan sensed her desire for him. Boudicca was almost disappointed when he was no longer naked and wore his ancient armor. They felt the giantess' feet shift on the ground. They turned and bowed to a knee. "It has been many turns, many moons since either of you walked the earth. Things have changed. Humanity has foolish lost respect for the gods and embrace technology as their new religion. Me with other pantheons have corrected this affront but still some remain to blaspheme. You shall accompany me to smite them. If you succeed, you will not only be restored to full life, but you will also be granted lordships over Rome and Sicily" she said. "They still exist?" Boudicca asked. "Indeed, they do and yours for the taking...if you succeed" she replied. "By your command" they said. "Good. Now I shall rest. Today was a busy day" she said sitting. Boudicca and Brenna sat silently in the meantime. 

 

In Yorkshire...

 

"I dunno. Red, blue or black?" Hope asked. "Maybe this silver? These clothes are fantastic Hope. Where did they come from?" Selah asked. "Momma Claire is a fashion model for Lily's company. They specialize in clothing for borrowers.  You should see Rose's..." Hope said before going silent. "Is something wrong?" Selah asked. "Rose. I don't know what happened to her. Her, Elena, Hikari" she muttered. "I don't know about the other two but Hikari is doing okay...mostly" Selah said. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah. We met her before coming here" she replied. "Dad wants to know what happened to them but doesn't want me to look fearing what I saw last time. Truth is...I'm relieved he didn't ask. That's wrong isn't it?" Hope asked looking at a dress. "It's natural to avoid something that can hurt you. I can't set foot in the area I used to live in with my parents. Mom told me that we can only conquer our fears when we feel we are ready" she said. "I said that?" Hope asked. "Mom...mom is mom because if the things she went through, things she learned along the way. It changed her" she replied. "She told me not to rush growing as a person. To let it come naturally" Hope said remembering her visit to them. "Mom lost her innocence along the way. She probably didn't want that to happen to you" Selah said. Hope nodded in understanding.  

 

Hope put on the silver dress that went down to her calves. "This does look good" she muttered. Selah nodded and picked out the red dress. "It suits you" Hope said. "You sure? I've never worn anything this extravagant. How much does something like this cost?" she asked. "Hmm...about £1,500" Hope replied. "Eep" Selah squeaked. "Pfft. Our family is loaded. Don't worry about it. Don't forget the shoes" she said. Selah slipped on a par of red open toed heels. Hope chose flats. "Oh, that's right. Borrowers don't do heels" Selah said. "Shall we go?" Hope asked. Selah smiled and nodded. Hope took her hand and flew with her through the hallways to the sunroom. "You two look fancy. Where are you going?" Keith asked standing there. "On a date" Hope asked flying again. He grabbed them both in midair. One handheld Selah, the other Hope. "This is the first I heard of this. I said you could have a boyfriend but that was just days ago. Aren't you moving a bit fast?" he asked. "I've known Brian for a while now dad" she replied. "So, his name is Brian. Age, job, how does he look. What's his last name?" Maithili asked narrowing his eyes. "So, you can have Aunt Suzie look him up? Uh...no" Hope replied sternly. "Young lady, your circumstances..."

 

"I am fully aware of my circumstances! If I want to see a boy it's my own goddamn business! Come on Selah!" Hope yelled flying off his hand, grabbing her, and flying off. "That could've gone better" Aspen said entering the room. "Your daughter just left the house dressed like an escort woman" he hissed. "She's at a point in her life she wants to see boys. Of course, she's going to be offended by the cop treatment you gave her. You need to trust her" Aspen said. "And six weeks from now you're a grandmother again?" he spat. "Again?" Aspen asked. Keith caught what he said. "What do you mean again? Keith don't ignore the question" Aspen said as he looked away. "We need to talk" he said softly. Keith motioned for her to sit down.

 

"Christ. Dad pisses me off sometimes. He acts like I'm gonna fuck any boy that comes my way" she growled as she flew. "I admit he's overprotective but he's not doing it to be mean. Honestly, I wish I had an overprotective dad. Or just a dad" Selah said. "You don't understand Selah. You don't feel this urge inside of you to find a mate. It's like being hungry or thirsty and not being allowed to eat or drink. I have needs and desires. It's not right for my father to deny me those" she said turning in the wind. Selah looked down at the sparkling city below. "I'm not saying he's completely right Hope, but do you think you're ready for a long-term relationship? The commitment? What if he breaks your heart?" Selah asked. "Then it is what it is. I have the right to try" Hope replied. Hope landed minutes later in front of Brian's house. "Speaking of parents, are they going to be okay with us dropping in?" Selah asked. "His parents died during a mogwai attack on my birthday. It's just him and his brother" she replied. Hope knocked on the door. "Good evening milady. Please enter" Brian grinned bowing as he opened the door. "Silly" Hope giggled as she stepped into the home. "Steven! They're here!" Brian yelled up the staircase.

 

"Nice house" Selah said. "Thanks. I try to keep it clean. Ohh! One moment" he said as the oven bell rang. He ran to the kitchen and took dinner out of the oven. "Please have a seat" he said checking it. Selah and Hope sat down. The sound of footsteps made them turn. Down came a boy around 14 years old. A brown mop of hair on his head. Lean and trim wearing a nice shirt and jeans. "Hope, Selah. This is my brother Steven" he said. "He...hello" he blushed. "Nice to meet you Steven" Hope said. "Well go on over and sit next to them. You were so eager to meet Selah before" Brian said checking the potatoes. The boy sat next to Selah. He took a good look at her and then slowly looked down her body stopping at her feet. Selah noticed the boy sniffing the air every so lightly. Selah had to hide her amusement as Faith had told her that borrowers tend to sniff those they find...desirable. "Do I smell nice?" Selah asked. The boy looked embarrassed enough to die. Selah held his hands. "It's okay. You're pretty new at this aren't ya?" she asked. He nodded. "So am I. This is my first real date" she whispered grinning. Steven loosened up seeing her smile. "Time to eat everyone" he said.

 

One fantastic beef stroganoff and seared garlic potatoes dinner later, they sat on the two sofas in front of the iPhone tv. Ever since the change, Netflix and other streaming services had been expunged. Even popular music was nonexistent, but some things did remain like classical music. Brian had it playing Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata while a video of a fire was on the screen. Hope placed her feet in his lap grinning. Not missing a beat, he slipped off her flats and bang rubbing her feet. "I'm glad you came tonight. I was going to ask you out but you kinda beat me to it. If I seem nervous or weird tonight forgive me" he chuckled. Hope had her eyes closed enjoying the massage. "You're doing just fine Brian" she smiled. Hope chuckled for a moment. "What?" he asked. "I heard that thought" she said. Brian blushed. "Don't be embarrassed. Your thoughts are what turned me onto you. Many people here either revere or fear me. And then others simply want to fuck me. You're different" she said. "I'd be a liar if I never thought of being...intimate with you" he muttered rubbing her big toe with his thumb. "It would be weird if you didn't. But you, you genuinely care about my happiness" she said. Brian looked to the side seeing Selah was cuddled with his brother.

 

"I'm not ignorant to what you've been through. Of all the people here, you deserve happiness the most" he said. Brian kissed her bare sole. "You're not weirded out that I don't think as mature as other 15-year-old girls?" she asked. "I kinda like that innocence. There's no underlying bullshit with you" he replied. Hope smiled at his answer and pushed her big toe into his mouth. She shivered feeling his teeth gently nibbling her toe. He let go of her toe and placed his arm beneath the small of her back before placing her in his lap. Brian kissed her burying his tongue in her mouth. He stopped when he got worried. "I'm not being too rough am I?" he asked. "No. It's just a lot of stuff I'm feeling. My heart is beating so fast. My body's so warm" she said. Brian chuckled. "That's normal. Feel mine" he said as he took his shirt off. The borrower girl felt his bare chest. "It's beating really fast" she said. "Because you're so close" he whispered. Selah saw them and felt self-conscious of herself. "Steven?" she asked. The boy turned his head right into a kiss by her. He sniffed her body once more and was surprised. "You're...not a borrower" he said, "No I'm not. I'm human...mostly" she said. The boy was totally shocked. "But humans are much bigger than us. You shrank using magic?" he asked.

 

"Actually, I grew using magic. Normally I'm much smaller" she replied. Steven looked skeptical. Selah released the growth spell his he had on herself and immediately shrank. "Whoa!" Steven said.  "See? No fooling" she said. Steven picked her up. "This is so weird. So, you're like bug sized normally?" he asked. "Yeah. All humans are where I'm from" she replied. "So, I'd be like a giant if I visited you?" he asked. Selah nodded. Steven's finger poked her a few times eliciting giggles. "I don't mind the tickles. Just don't eat me or anything" she smiled. "I'd never eat you!" he yelled. Steven grew quiet. "Was it something I said?" she asked. "Our parents were eaten during the battle last year" Brian said. "Oh shit. Steven I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to bring that back to the surface" she said. The boy was sniffling. Selah grew back to their size. She held him close. "I must look pretty pathetic crying on my first date" he muttered. "Not at all. I lost my parents a few weeks ago. I know how raw that can feel" she said to him. She kissed him deeply. "I'm glad I met you Selah" he said smiling. "I can see that" she smiled looking at his erection poking his pants. Before any of them could continue the evening, something got Hope's attention...

 

Five minutes earlier...

 

Morrigan roused from her slumber. She had been asleep for only a few hours, but it was enough. As she slept, the very life energy of the land had been sucked dry. Nothing but barren waste remained. Not even the microorganisms in the soil remained. "Brennan. Boudicca. It is time" she commanded standing up. Their goddess towering over them shrank down. Morrigan raised her lance and a magic circle appeared around them. In a crack of black lightning, they flew into the sky. Within seconds, they had crossed hundreds of miles landing on the public street in front of Yorkshire manor. "So, they did reappear" she said. She took a few steps and paused. "A perception spell. Strong one" she said feeling the invisible barrier with her hand. Amused, she walked right through it. Her bare feet crinkling the grass and killing it. Her servants followed her up the hill.

 

"Selah we got trouble" Hope said quickly getting off Brian's lap. She grabbed Selah. "What's going on?" Selah asked. "Something very bad just passed through my perception spell like it wasn't even there" she replied. "Like us?" Selah asked begging dragged to the door. "Not like you. I sensed power from your mother when she passed through but no malice. Whatever it is, it radiates ill intentions like smoke from flame" she said slipping her shoes back on. "What's going on?" Brian asked. "It's complicated" Hope replied. Selah put her heels back on. Hope paused before leaving and gave Brian a kiss. "Hopefully, we can do this again" she smiled before grabbing Selah. "Steven you're a good kisser!" Selah yelled as they took to the air. Their flight was not as slow and gentle this time. Selah had to close her mouth they flew so fast. She flew through the sunroom and grew landing on her feet starting Keith. "Your date ended this soon? How did it go?" he asked. "Not now dad. We got trouble walking up the hill. Get Suzie and probably your sword" Hope said walking past him. Keith looked bewildered. "NOW DAD!" Hope yelled with eyes flaring with magic. Keith had never seen her so worried and quickly called Susan to come to the house. 

 

 

"She's on her way. What is it?" he asked looking out the window. In the far darkness, he couldn't make them out but did see three figures coming up the driveway. "So, this is what an actual goddess feels like" she said. "Morrigan is here?!" he asked. Hope used her magic to get a cleaner look. "A woman in all black shrouded by...ancient dark magics. Her power is on a completely different wavelength than mine. Like thoughts, feelings, all jumbled together. Writing, very tiny writing mixed with unwritten words circling her" Hope muttered. Keith shook her. "Thanks. It felt like she was drawing me in" she said. "Susan. Get to the living room now. Run in human size of you have to. Calling a code black" Keith said on the phone. Keith hung up. "Don't do anything until I return" he said to her. "Better be quick. They'll be here in three minutes" Hope said. Keith ran to Control. "Code black! Activate the code black procedures!" he yelled. Control scrambled their response and shortly a shrill siren went off for all to hear. Some were asleep, some eating a late dinner, others enjoying time with their families during this uncertain time. They all heard the siren and knew what to do.  After the battle last year, Keith organized a responsive system for threats. Code yellow meant a possible magical attack and to stay indoors. Code red meant a pending attack by invaders and to seek shelter in the basement of the mansion. Code black meant an immediate threat and to take cover in their own basements (which were tiny even for them) or strong reinforced parts of their homes. Keith feared a code black above anything else as it carried the biggest threat to mass casualties.

 

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}

Chapter End Notes:

 

.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}