- Text Size +

 

"Your demons are dropping like flies. Again, you underestimated the resolve of humanity" Joseph said clutching his side. A blast of magic force slammed the old man into rubble. Lilith placed her bare foot on his neck. "As if I care about what imaginations of humans can do. I didn't need the archfiends to conquer the world. I only needed them to get the ball rolling so to speak. The cracked open the doorway between the living and dead. You accomplished little. Look at you old man. Before you were barely my equal in power but now, you're a shadow. A footnote to my glory and I haven't even transformed" she said pushing her massive weight on his throat. Joseph translocated from underneath her foot and Lilith swung her leg cracking him in the cheek as he reappeared. "Your tricks won't work" she said softly. Suddenly, an invisible force blew a hole in her abdomen. "Then some new ones are needed" Hope said appearing above them. Her feet landed gently on the cracked and broken ground. "Now we're getting somewhere" Lilith said summoning her Inferno Driver. "INFERNO" it said as she summoned the key to Lucifer's domain and his power. She inserted it and twisted. "Inferno rise" she muttered staring at them. There was the burst of light as she transformed, and Joseph and Hope did not look away or blink. Moments later there she stood in stolen angelic glory. The Fallen Angel descends. Abandon all hope" the driver said as the last sparks of light faded. Joseph and Hope instinctively tensed up feeling the skyrocket burst of power. "Shall we begin?" Lilith asked. Joseph and Hope began their combined assault.

 

Kali stood before Azazel in the ruins of Johannesburg. Azazel's power of wrath had infected the city like a plague turning people against one another. Over the course of just a few hours, over 150,000 lay dead by their own hands but now the fighting had lulled due to Alicia and the sudden appearance of the Hindu goddess. At first, they were terrified of Kali as her appearance was freighting and fearsome indeed. Black skin, red eyes, a lolling tongue, and her four arms. But looks are deceiving as they quickly found her to be a protector who immediately engaged the fallen angel. Kali was conscientious about where she placed her giant feet as there were some survivors at ground zero. Mostly children as they were immune to Azazel's power. And of all, Kali was most inclined to protect children. However, this care hindered her battle with Azazel causing it to become a tug of war of who was winning. "I expected a goddess of your caliber to be more...worthy" Azazel said holding a sword of flames. "You're not the first demon to insult me in battle. Plenty of Asura have mocked me before falling to my dagger" Kali said to her. "Fool. Do not compare me to those weaklings you fought in your Vedas. I am a demon in name only. I AM AN ANGEL OF THE HOST!" Azazel yelled bringing her sword down on her. Kali parried with her dagger and was driven down to her knees. "A fallen angel and I have fought those kicked out of the heavens as well!" she roared as she pushed back. Kali countered as Azazel was off balance and slashed her chest. Burning wings appeared and slashed back cutting off one of Kali's arms. Kali withdrew injured.

 

"You cannot win this. Even if the others have fallen, their victors are too weakened to help you" Azazel said as her sword absorbed flames around her. "I wouldn't call on them anyway" Kali spat as her bare feet dug into the ground. The ground cracked and she faintly heard screaming and whimpering. Her stance shifted realizing the survivors were underground and threatened to be buried by her steps alone. What came next was a flurry of attacks by Azazel. Each one stronger and heavier as the monster fed off the wrath and anger rising as her influence spread. Kali realized fighting Azazel on her terms would never work. "Alicia. I need a song to quench the evils in the hearts of men" she said. Alicia didn't have Hope helping her anymore and knew full we the risks involved spreading her power worldwide without her. "...got it" Alicia said. Alicia queued he third song.

 

"There is a light at the end of this road, and I know that there's a long way to go. As long as my head is high, and I walk with pride. Go with the strength inside. Take every step in stride. No chance will pass me by. Long as I always try. Won't let my passions die, and as long as I'm alive. The future belongs to me. Ooh, the future belongs to me and its going to be a beautiful thing to see..."

 

Alicia felt the drain instantly but all over the world, people began to stop fearing the darkness. Stopped fearing the evil assaulting the world. And with three demons vanquished on live streaming, humanity found its hope. Lilith began to faulter but not as much as Azazel. The fallen angel was completely cut off from its source of power and in a fit of rage, unleashed an attack to burn Kali to nothing. Using its own wings, Azazel powered up his flaming sword and plunged it into the ground unleashing a 5 kiloton explosion destroying everything around her. Nothing withstood the attack...except for one Hindu goddess. Kali was on her knees once again. Her black skin seared red. Her beautiful black hair burned off her scalp. Azazel arrogantly walked up to her. Her giant bare feet crunching the sizzling bones of her victims under her soles. People from a far distance saw a giant teenage girl naked as the day she was born with burning wings on her back standing before the goddess ready to deliver the final blow. Tears from Kali's eyes sizzled on the red-hot concrete. Kali did not weep because she was defeated. No, she wept be used all her efforts to protect the children hiding underground was for nothing. The children, and their parents were gone in an instant as a giant flaming blade pierced the parking garage they hid in. And in that cold anger, Kali unleashed her true form.

 

Kali had been holding back the entire fight. A goddess of time, destruction, and creation she was a VERY formidable deity and beloved protector of over a billion souls. As her power, she could conceive a thousand different ways the fight would go but as it progressed, the outcomes became littler and littler until this moment only two remained. Either she invoked her true power and form and ended this fight at a terrible cost, or not and perish. Her resolve strengthened by the murder of the children beneath them for all things that she was...she was a mother. A pale blue light surrounded Kali. It grew brighter and brighter blinding the fallen angel until anyone watching believed a star had birthed on the city. And then it was gone replaced by a giantess with 10 arms, three of them holding weapons, 10 faces that saw in every direction, 10 feet to find balance for any attack and defense. And her skin shined like polished cut sapphire. The demonic fallen angel looked upon her form, Mahakali, with contempt and worry. Mahakali looked dead at her with eyes so red their glow could be seen for miles. Then she walked right towards her. The thunder of massive 10 bare feet could be seen and heard and yet she weighed well over 300 tons, her giant feet did no damage whatsoever to the ground.

 

Azazel struck her with intense flames which did nothing. Burning light which melted concrete which only refracted off her skin. Determined to destroy her, Azazel attacked with her sword only to see it caught effortlessly by two of her seven free hands. With eerie might, Mahakali snapped her sword of hate, rage, and wrath in twain with her hands, then grabbing her arms. Two more hands grabbed her legs and yanked the giantess Azazel off her feet. Mahakali stabbed Azazel right in her black heart first with her dagger, then scimitar, and finally her trident. Three divine holy weapons pierced asunder Azazel's heart unleashing a searing blast of divine power given to her by her creator. At point blank range, Mahakali could not temper the hit which burned clean through her own body leaving a path of obliteration 50 ft wide and 5 miles long. The defeated Azazel went limp in her grasp and with her last once of strength, Mahakali quartered her. Mahakali staggered backwards as her transformation wore off.

 

The victory was as costly as she predicted. With her pantheon severely weakened, Kali using her true form would surely drain her dry...which it did. Her Authority spent, what happened was what happens to all gods and goddesses when their source of power is gone...she became human. Kali shrank back to human size with a baseball size hole in her chest. The fact she didn't die instantly was the final vestiges of power she had. She stood there naked and bleeding out looking at the giant pieces of corpse before her. Kali limped towards the face and stared silently. "Just a child" she said softly at the dead vessel Azazel had chosen. Kali fell to her knees as the end had come. One may be curious as to who would come to claim a goddess of death, now human, when their times comes. The answer, truthfully, nobody knows as it is different for each one. A beloved God or goddess. A priest or priestess. Even a child once. Typically, it is one that can grant peace. In Kali's case it was none other than Shiva. Survivors in skyscrapers, saw a blue skinned giant wearing tiger skins suddenly appear from thin air. As he did, the sun shined through the brightening skies. As his bare feet touched the ground, burned trees healed and flowers bloomed. "I... did it" Kali coughed out. "I saw. You did a miraculous thing worthy of Vedas" Shiva said softly as he placed her in his hand. He looked upon her battered and dying. "...I should have stood with you" he said softly. "You had your job as did I. I don't blame you. I...don't..." she coughed out. And then Kali was no more. It was rare that Shiva felt helpless. His power was mirror to her own, so he knew that was as it had to be. That did not give him comfort as he felt her final breath leave her body. Tears fell from his eyes which gave life to the ground. Humanity looked speechless seeing not only a goddess die, but her consort grieve just as mortals do. Humans across the world joined as one to pay respects in their hearts, and anger at the ones responsible.

 

"They're gone" Joseph coughed. Lilith's swing shattered his defense throwing him 1000 feet away. "Don't act like it doesn't matter. I can feel the entire human race turning their ire on you" he said getting up. Lilith charged her sword to attack. Suddenly, Hope translocated in and using her momentum punched Lilith so hard one could see the shockwave in the air. Lilith crashed to the ground as Hope raised her hand to deliver a punishing rain of icicles skewering her. Lilith stood up and healed effortlessly. "YOU ROTTEN BITCH!" Hope yelled pummeling her with gravity spells so hard the light bent. Lilith was a bloody mess in a crater but within seconds was fully healed. Lilith unfurled her wings to unleash a torrent of light. Hope screamed as she desperately deflected it. The attack ended just as a flaming sword came at her throat. Joseph deflected it with his own magic but in doing so left himself wide open. Lilith spun around, the balls of her bare feet digging into the ash stained ground, and slashed. Hope looked in horror as the burning blade decapitated Joseph. His head rolled on the ground as a fountain of blood washed upon it. "JOSEPH!" Hope screamed. "That was for killing my unborn son so long ago" Lilith spat. Hope attacked her with every conceivable spell the girl could think of. If by some miracle someone had survived in that part of the city, they were gone now. One could see the attacks from space.

 

"Boss lady. We just lost Joseph" Alex said over the connection. Alicia stopped singing. "...how much time we have left?" she asked. "Four minutes until they're fueled up" he replied. "And we still have no way to subdue her even if we have the upper hand" Hikari said. "Symbology could do it but it would take a huge amount. Bigger than anything we have right now" Selah said. "...Hikari. I have an idea but only you have a change of pulling it off. Can you see the image in my mind?" Alicia asked. "...yes. I see a river" she replied. "Go to it. I know you have a special skill only your bloodline has" she said. "But what will that accomplish in the face of that horrible woman?" Hikari asked. "Just have a little faith" Alicia said. "Mom. I have to go now" Selah said softly. "I know. You saw what I'm planning right?" Alicia asked. "I did. I'll try to lure her there" Selah said. "Be safe sweetie. It's nearly time for my last performance" Alicia said to them. Selah translocated to Lilith.

 

She appeared 5,000 ft above the fight. The very air shook with Hope's attacks. "Here we go" she muttered as she summoned her Hero Driver. "HERO DRIVER ON!" it said. Selah slammed her hand on top of it. "Be As Gods" she muttered. "Like a Valkyrie deciding the fate of battle, Brynhildr takes the field. Presented by Sony" it said as she transformed. An ominous crackling of energy leaked from it as it finished. Selah invoked the power of a titan and grew to 300 ft. landing with a crashing explosion. Selah looked upon Lilith coldly as she stood firm. "So you still live. All the better!" Lilith yelled as she activated her Inferno Driver. "Coward!" Selah yelled at her readying an attack. The ambient light dimmed as energy gathered. "DESTRUCTION. DISPAIR. DEVISTATION. RUIN. FALLEN MAXIMUM BREAK!" it yelled as Selah readied her sword. Hope held her back with utter spite in her heart still seething from losing Joseph. A ball of concentrated nuclear plasma shot forth.

 

Just as it was about to detonate and vaporize them in an instant, a small dot no bigger than a grain of rice appeared in front of it. A dot of infinite blackness sucked the energy right up. The vacuum pulled in all directions causing Lilith to slam her giant sword into the ground for leverage. And then, her attack was gone. Hope fell to her knees physically exhausted. "What was that?" Selah whispered. "Strongest and most dangerous gravity spell there is. For a few seconds I created a black hole. One wrong move it couldn't ended EVERYTHING" Hope gasped. "Go home" Selah said. Hope looked at her. "You're spent. Go home" delay said sternly. Hope translocated out. "Nice try blowing away the two last threats to you at once. But now you're weakened. Your knees shake. You are not as strong as you wish yourself to believe" Selah said mockingly. "More than enough to kill you" Lilith said attacking.

 

They traded blows. Each parried one another but Lilith was still too strong for Selah. Each parry felt like she was hit by a mountain.  Each cut and gash like being stung by the sun. And whatever damage she gave Lilith was not enough to turn the tide. Then, her transformation began to faulter. Her driver creaked and spat energy with each hit. Selah was thrown off her feet by a parry. Lilith charged her sword as divine light made it seem to grow twice its size. "Oh shit" Selah said slamming her hand on the driver. "LIGHTNING MAXIUM BREAK!" it yelled as Selah slashed upwards to meet her stroke. The two swords struck one another as light and symbolic lightning clashed. Lilith was annoyed she had to use even more of her power to push through. Lilith's attack got through but did only superficial damage. However, it seemed that was enough. "Hero Driver Emergency Shutdown" it said as Selah lost her Valkyrie transformation. "...no" Selah muttered now helpless. "First thing's first" Lilith scowled as she kicked Selah with her bare foot breaking her nose. Gallons of blood poured onto the ground as the young giantess scrunched her eyes in pain. Lilith raised her sword as she straddled her not noticing the blinking light on the Hero Driver. Suddenly, a beam of light shot from it touching Lilith's sword. The Sword of Samael was torn from her hand and a force blew her 1000 ft away.

 

The sword stuck in the ground and suddenly the Hero Driver summoned others. Rune Breaker, Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi (Grasscutter), Hades' Bident, and finally Last Stigmata. Each one sticking in the ground surrounding her and then they were connected by a beam of symbolic light. It created the most sacred of symbols in the Japanese Onmyodou magics...a five-pointed star. Selah suddenly found herself in familiar surroundings. "You again?" Selah asked face to face with the virtual interface of the driver. "Hello Selah. The Hero Driver has finally met its final form transformation conditions. Do you wish to proceed?" AI, the virtual interface asked. "What now?" Selah asked. "The Hero Driver has been collecting divine weapons in order to evolve to its next form. Those conditions have been met with the addition of the Sword of Samael. Do you wish to proceed?" it asked. "Will I be able to transform again? Wait, she kicked my ass even with the transformation" Selah sighed. "The final form transformation will unlock your greatest potential allotted to your magic class. You will be stronger than before" the interface responded. "Well fuck yeah! Do it!" Selah said. The interface politely bowed in Japanese tradition. "Understood. Activating evolution of Hero Driver to allow final form transformation" it said strangely cheery.

 

Lilith ran towards Selah to stop whatever was happening. The badly damaged sparking Hero Driver morphed and not only became whole once more, but it also changed appearance. It was now gleaming white and gold with veins of magic coursing through it like blood. "BE AS GODS!" Selah shouted to the skies squeezing the driver. Selah was swallowed by light blinding even Lilith. "WHEN THE FIVE SWORDS GATHER, THE VALKYRIE GODDESS FREYA DESCENDS. Presented by Sony" it triumphantly said as Selah transformed into her most powerful form. When the light faded, Selah stood before her in total serenity. Selah tossed her hair which seemed to shift between golden blonde and blood red. Her feet were pale and bare. Her toenails like polished rose quartz. She wore no armor and yet her simple brilliant white cloth covering her body gave off an aura of protection. Her eyes glowed green. A necklace adorned her neck. And oddly enough, she had not a single weapon. "You carry no weapons? I worried for nothing!" Lilith yelled attacking her.

 

Lith quickly grew more and more angry as not a single attack landed on Selah. Selah simply dodged out of the way at the last second like it was nothing. "Dodge this!" Lilith screamed as she quickly powered up for a barrage of deadly searing light. Even though Selah couldn't move at the speed of light, she still dodged her attack for a split second turning her entire body into lightning. A thunderclap and she was behind Lilith. Lilith still caught firing her own attack couldn't defend as Selah coolly struck her in the back with her fist hard. A chilling crunch of vertebrae filled the air as Lilith screamed. She fell to the ground paralyzed from the waist down. "How..." Lilith groaned. Selah knew exactly how she was doing this. By being possessed by Freya, she had access to a critical game changing power. To see into the future. Five seconds in fact. Selah could literally see Lilith's attacks before she even made them. Severely weakened, Selah has the chance she was looking for. She grabbed Lilith and took to the skies.

 

An ear shattering sonic boom and a cone of superheated air torn asunder the sky as Selah flew past Mach 10 right towards the Jordan River. Lilith was healing rapidly and once she healed enough viciously broke free. Selah and Lilith crashed hard to the ground. They had fallen short of the 86 miles between where they were and the Jordan River where Hikari was busy working. In fact, they landed on the outskirts of Jericho. Selah grew worried as she did NOT want a battle here. Jericho was a very important part of her Jewish heritage but also an utterly priceless piece of human history. After all, it was the site of the oldest still standing human city in history. Selah began to rush the fight which led to her acting instead of reacting. Her power to see five seconds into the future was not as effective using that method. Between that and trying not to demolish the ruins or killing the people still living there, Lilith began to regain superiority. Selah's lightning step ability avoided most of her attacks, but Lilith began using intense fire magics to block her lightning and melee attacks. Superheating the air created an air lance which even her divine lightning had trouble traveling through. Desperate, Selah used a point-blank cold spell which exploded violently touching the air lance. Just as Lilith readied, I smash her skull in, Ahmed came out of nowhere slashing Lilith's hand clean off. "Forgot about me huh?" he asked twisting his sword. "To forget you, one must acknowledge you even exist" Lilith hissed reattaching her hand. Selah stood up and positioned herself on opposite sides of Ahmed. "Glad you showed up" Selah said. Saw back at your home you needed help. I even brought a surprise" he grinned.

 

12 miles away, Hikari was finishing her work. People downstream did not know what to make of it when the Jordan River suddenly stopped flowing and the river itself seemed to dry up. A river such as that drying up was surely a sign the end of days had come. But it was not as the river was turned into a weapon to prevent that. Hikari soon understood exactly why Alicia had sent her there. As a Koonago, she was naturally tuned to the energies of nature and the energies of nature worship. Combined it created what her people called a "Kami". Some were generally weak like an old Sakura tree and some mighty like Mt. Fuji. Hikari thought Mt. Fuji to be the mightiest Kami of them all the world until she came to the Jordan River. She nearly pissed herself feeling the ages old stored Kami dwelling within it. Centuries after centuries of blessings and veneration had turned the river into a symbology weapon. Even the symbology of long lost human tribes existing before written word was stored within. Hikari laughed heartedly thanking her patron God Umi no Kami for the chance to work with such a thing.

 

Reason being, she was the only person in the world that could use it to summon her greatest water magic. The imperial divine summon Orochi no Mizu. Being half human, she inherited the soul of the dreaded beast from her father, Emperor Meji who his ancestors slew it long ago and sealed the soul away. And being half Koonago, she inherited the prodigious skill of water magics from her mother, Empress Himiko. Combined, she could summon Orochi's soul and bind it to a water vessel. Last year she used a thunderstorm to wield it in battle against Ebonheart and the mogwai. This time, a literal holy river. She only stopped forming it when her own magics grew weak. She still had to control the damn thing. Hikari kicked off her geta sandals and hopped right on top of his watery head. Letting her tiny bare feet sink into the water slightly for better more accurate control, she stretched her hand out towards Jericho. "GO OH MIGHTY OROCHI! FOR THERE IS BATTLE THAT MUST BE HAD AND EVIL TO BE DESTROYED!" she screamed. The beast roared rattling windows and causing rainbows with his spray before taking off. People on the ground heard it. They looked towards the sound to see something gleaming with rainbows in its wake. It roared overhead like a sky born locomotive. Nearly a half mile long and 50 ft. wide, it understandably caused some to fall to their knees in either terror, prayer, or both.

 

"Boss you stopped singing" Alex said. "I... I don't have anything left in me" Alicia gasped. She had shrunk down to human size. "They're opening the silo doors. If your voice can't slow them down anymore, then..." Alex said ending in a whisper. "Faith...I'm sorry" Alicia whimpered exhausted. As she spoke those words, the ground trembled. "Fret not my child for this is not done" a booming voice said above her. Alicia glanced up through the dome to see none other than Quetzalcoatl in his serpent form hovering above her. But not only that, from various entrances in the stadium itself stepped forth dozens, then hundreds of Hispanic people. "Your familiá shall attend to you" the serpent God snickered. Alicia realized that each one of these people carried the same ancestral blood she did. They were Alux. They gathered around her in a circle and raised their hands. With a single musical note, they began transferring their own little magics into her. Alicia connected with them on a spiritual level and could see their innermost feelings. Hearing her songs awoke their true hearts chained by Lilith's reality shift. Their hopes and dreams burning every so brightly Alicia wept tears of joy. She took a breath and began singing.

 

"You might want to duck" Hikari told Selah and Ahmed through the connection. Selah and Ahmed fell to their knees before Lilith. "Finally seeing the futility of it all? Well, you did have a good run I'll say that. The little Arab's sword hurt like fuck and you missy annoyed me to no end. Not the first Jew to do so but certainly the last. If it's any consolation, you're probably as strong as I am in that form. You're even better than the Etherion bitch and I was slightly tempted to spare you just for the sake of merit. But as the corn kernel once said, I'm not going to be number two" Lilith said chuckling as she summoned a ball of light to kill them. Lilith didn't even notice what was coming until it was too late. Orochi snapped its jaws around her waist and took her right off her feet like a freight train smashing into her. "By Allah" Ahmed muttered seeing the beast coil around Lilith. "You think this pathetic water magic can stop me! My flames will...AHHHHHHHHGH!" Lilith shrieked with agony. "Ore sanjou (I have arrived)" Hikari said fluttering down on gentle falling snowflakes.

 

"She'll break free!" Ahmed yelled. "Unlikely. That is holy water trapping her" Hikari said. "Where would you...the Jordan River. That beast is made of the Jordan River?!" Ahmed asked. "Indeed" Hikari said coldly as she ordered it to constrict. Lilith panicked as what she feared was happening. Within her mind, Faith saw her prison cracking and then shatter like glass. Faith began to break free with her very soul. With a burst of light, Faith fell from the Orochi's grasp leaving Lilith trapped. The desperate gamble paid off. The holy water beast exorcized Lilith. And not only that, without a mortal host, her transformation became undone. "ERROR. INCOMPATABLILITY DETECTED. INFERNO DRIVER POWERING DOWN" it said as Lilith lost the power of the fallen angel Samael. In a fit of rage, Lilith began unleashing the stored up energizes shed collected since the reality shift. A magical force bolstered by a seething blast of lightning torn asunder Orochi. As mighty as the beast was, it was still made of water and when water is exploded to electricity, it's broken down into hydrogen and oxygen. Orochi was scattered literally into the winds. "Enjoy your measly victory for it shall be your last!" Lilith howled as she unleashed a blast of black lightning at Ahmed and Selah. Selah yanked Ahmed aside as her predictive power barely gave her an edge.

 

The errant bolt turned a dozen little archeologists into ash instantly. Lilith kept attacking and Selah kept dodging with Ahmed but soon it became clear her power would consume them all. The lighting began to follow their movements as if homing in on them. Soon, the sand and dirt were shocked glass, the humans dead and scattered but all hope was not lost. For as death loomed near for Ahmed, the wish he granted Ali began to take effect.

 

Ahmed charged right at Lilith blocking her lighting until his sword was blown from his hand. "Burn" he said coldly jamming something into her mouth and quickly kicking her away hard. The giant landed on his feet expertly as the giantess went flying. She quickly got up and flinched as she swallowed whatever he placed in her mouth. "You really think poison will..."

 

*BOOOOM*

 

Ahmed and Selah were blinded by a flash of light as Lilith was blown to smithereens. Just a rinsing mushroom cloud where she stood. "Uhh..." Selah muttered. "Imagine my surprise to find a shrunken nuclear weapon in your house" Ahmed grinned. "...the nuke I knocked out of the sky in the last battle. Mom did say she found it and shrunk it down" Selah said. "That won't stop her, but it will give us a few minutes to recover. Be...ready" Ahmed winced. One may ask why didn't they just destroy whatever essence of her remained. In truth, such a feat would take an incredible amount of symbology magic to do. Something they did not have as the battle had exhausted them. "You okay?" Selah asked him. "Something is drawing on my djinn power" he said curious. As to what it was, one must look back at to what was happening with Alicia in the last few minutes.

 

"Should've stayed, were there signs ignored? Can I help you not to hurt anymore? We saw the brilliance when the world was asleep. There are things that we can have, but can't keep. If they say..."who care if one more light goes out? In the sky of a million stars, it flickers, it flickers. Who cares if someone's time runs out in a moment is all we are? We're quicker, were quicker. Who cares if one more light goes out?".... well I do"

 

As Alicia sang her song, the power of her God caused it to reach the hearts and souls of everyone in the world. The power itself caused the Alux around her to shrink to their natural size being dwarfed by the AstroTurf and still, still they gave their magics. But in all that, Ali's fateful wish was carried with her song to save them man she loved and in turn the world. Alicia laughed as she sang, for she could see what the wish was doing. Quetzalcoatl laughed loud enough to be heard for miles as he sensed it as well. For what the wish had done, it imprinted the most basic Campioné spell there was, to break a God or goddess' Authority and attack with symbology. Lilith did not know but across the planet, millions, then billions of people were becoming Campioné. The weakest of the weak but it mattered not...

 

Lilith reformed with ferocity attacking Selah and Ahmed. Their bodies weak as their battle had taken a toll. Lilith would win the battle by sheer stamina and attrition within minutes. At least it appeared so until the first hint of the greatest miracle humanity had ever seen was occurring. Salim, a boy no older than 8 years old, lived what many would call a hard life. His mother and father dead from a pointless conflict when he was but four. Barely and food to eat, sleeping where he could. Callouses on his little bare feet for he could not even afford sandals. And wore clothes barely better than rags. Hand me down from various people coming to dig up the land. These people were looked down upon for digging up and taking the history of Jericho but not by Salim. He welcomed it if it spread knowledge. He enjoyed the westerners coming to his village string just outside the ancient city. Some were mean and yelled at the boy while others very kind. They gave him money if he helped dig. Salim was unique for he knew within his heart the key to happiness even though he was but a young boy. To inspire joy in others. And funny enough was how he learned this lesson. A kooky westerner from California listened to Jimi Hendrix and the boy was fascinated by the music. The westerner loved telling the boy all about him and then told him something that awakened his heart. That made sense out of a life lesson. "When the power of love is greater than the love of power, then the world will know peace". And with that, Salim let nothing extinguish his joy. For this lesson to be so pure in his heart, Alicia's magics resonated with him first. He muttered the incantation, raised his hand, and fired...

 

A beam of symbolic energy struck Lilith in the cheek burning her. She was shocked as she was watching Selah and Ahmed and it did not come from then. "Who the fuck...you" she hissed using her power to sense the boy. Within a flash she was upon him and raised her bare foot over the tiny boy. The boy did not cringe, flinch, or waver as he looked at the naked giantess ready to crush him to paste. And just as she was about to slam her foot down, another symbolic blast struck her in the back. The sting threw her off balance slightly as she slammed her foot down. The boy was unharmed. He had missed death barely two feet from either side of him as he was standing right between her toes. Lilith stumbled back aghast at the stroke of luck. Selah used her lightning speed to snatch the boy up and get him away from battle. "You're pretty" he said. "And you are very brave but how did you do that?" she asked. "Don't you know? Listen" he said. "I don't hear anything" she said. "Not with your ears silly. With this" he said pointing to his heart. Selah calmed herself and once she did, she could hear the words. "All be damned" she grinned.

 

Around the world, the miracle built in scope. Mogwai and Yaksha came out of hiding to raise their hand in the air, chanting the incantation, and firing a bolt of magic. Humanity all over did the same thing. Alicia watched amazed as beams of light from Alux poured out of the stadium racing east. "Ahmed" she said. "I feel it too. By Allah I feel it too!" he yelled. "We have to contain her at all costs. Keep her from moving" she said. Ahmed nodded and charged Lilith. What came next was both of them trying to keep her from moving with binding spells. Minutes passed and Ahmed and Selah were on their last legs. "ENOUGH!" Lilith yelled breaking free. Lilith concentrated flame magics until the air shimmered. "Then ends now" she growled. Suddenly, a crack of thunder resounded, and Lilith turned to catch Gae Bulg. "You think I wouldn't sense your approach?" she asked Keith. She fired off the flame magic she had collected at him only to see it go right through him. The magic exploded two miles away kicking up dust and leaving a crater 100 ft deep and a half mile wide. "What?" she asked seeing his image evaporate.

 

Keith has used magic to keep the lance giant but shrank down to avoid being seen. Lilith could sense him but not see him. Keith, borrower size ran the length of the suspended lance. "For my wife Lawan, for my daughter Kannika, from my friends Elena and Rose. FOR EVERYONE YOU TOOK FROM US. FAÉ ARCANE MAGIC...SPELL OVERDRIVE!" Keith screamed activating the arcane he wittier along the lance in his own blood. Spell overdrive was a specific spell that greatly enhanced the enchantment of an object. In Gae Bulg's case, the enchantment of it hitting its target whenever thrown was enhanced into hitting the target's soul. In an instant, the lance went from physical to ethereal slipping right through her hand, though her body skewering her soul, and staking in the ground. "This won't kill me. Close but no cigar" she snickered trying to break free. Selah glanced around her seeing the future. "No but it won't have to. The end is coming and not by our hands. You have tasted a sample of your end twice moments ago" Selah said softly. "Those pitiful symbolic attacks didn't do shit! They barely scratched me!" Lilith laughed. "Maybe not two of them but what about...6,122,479,366...367...368..." Selah said pointing to the sky. Lilith looked up to see a glowing swirling ball of symbolic energy gathering strength in the air. "This won't kill me. I'm immortal. I'll just come back and... no...no....GODDAMMIT NO!" Lilith shrieked yanking as hard as she could seeing her fate fully sealed. Words, words suspended in symbolic magics began to squeeze and condense the massive ball of magic. Words in every language on Earth. Saying the exact same thing. "Your Pantheon is known. Your deeds and legends tell of your nature. By the power of the Campioné I break you Authority by speaking your true name! Your name is Lilith!". The ball stabilized into an orb shining brighter than the sun before falling out of the sky.

 

 

 

Selah quickly picked up her mother Faith, as she, Keith, and Ahmed quickly got out of ground zero. "IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT FAIR!!! I just wanted...to be loved..." Lilith sobbed. Her life flashed before her eyes. Her first love Adam. Her expulsion from Eden. Watching Samael turn into Lucifer. Siring demons. Eons of time passing in milliseconds until present day. Present moment. The orb touched Lilith's hair and exploded as gently as a soap bubble popping. What came next was anything but gentle. The blast was not physical but pure spiritual energy. Like someone dropping a nuke made of belief, prayer, and hope. Everyone within 10 miles felt their souls rattled. Their very essence vibrated as a symbolic shockwave passed through them. Lilith herself couldn't even scream as her physical form, created from her very soul was atomized. So intense, it blinded satellites observing, phone camera lenses burned out. All of Jericho would later say they could taste their soul. And then, it simply faded away as gently as a spring breeze.

 

"WE DID IT! WE FUCKING DID IT! Holy shit did you see that?! That was some Dragonball Z shit there at the end!" Keith yelled seeing Lilith was very much gone. "Dragonball what?" Selah asked as her transformation ran out. "Jesus kid you're missing out" Keith said ruffling her hair. "The battle was hard won but we must observe the cost" Hikari said to them. They looked at Joseph's body. "At least it's over" Keith said. "No, it is not. I must restore reality immediately" Faith said staggering. "Mom you must be kidding. You have to rest. You do it now no telling what harm it could do to you!" Selah yelled. "There's no time. Alicia's song was very powerful, but it came two minutes too late. Look at the sky" she said pointing up. Three white fast-moving streaks shot across the sky over their heads. "Oh shit" Keith said. "What? What is it?" Hikari asked. She got her answer seconds later as three bright flashes filled the horizon. "By the Kami. Nuclear weapons" she muttered. "Hitting Lilith's location before Selah brought her here. They came from either China or Russia giving the direction. No doubt they fired more seeing her new location" he said. "Right here" Faith muttered. "More will come and rain down across the globe. The other countries probably didn't know what the target would be, so they launched a retaliatory strike. Use em' or lose em'" he muttered.

 

"It's happening all over again. Last time I reset the timeline the world was facing nuclear Armageddon. It's as if this is fate" Faith said. "Faith. When it comes to fate..."

 

"There is no fate but what we make. You told me that once. Nice words" she said grinning shedding tears. "Terminator 2 baby" he said hugging her. Faith kissed him and staggered off. "Can you even fix this?" Selah asked. "Lilith had control of my mind and body but such a connection works both ways. I have her True Sephiroth, and I know the key to Eden. Wish me luck" Faith replied staggering. Salim watched as the injured, exhausted giantess staggered and limped towards him. She bent down and plucked him from the ground placing him in her hand. He did not truly understand everything that had occurred but knew that even though this giantess had the face of the person who nearly crushed him flat, she was not the same one. "You're so beautiful inside and out. Salim? Please show me the way" she asked him. Somehow, he knew what she was asking of him as he closed his eyes and bared his heart and soul. Faith saw the path to Eden and in a flash of light was gone.

 

She walked naked through the immense garden. The grass soft as feathers under her bare feet. She could sense she was being watched by beings of great power. Limping, she saw perfect creatures pause and take note of the woman in their midst. Predators that would tear her apart and devour her simply watched in silence. From the insects looking at the giant being limp, to the mightiest lions and tigers, cease to move and growl. And then she was in the epicenter of Eden. She summoned forth the True Sephiroth and with the last of her strength erased Lilith off of it and inscribed the true name of he who made her reality. Faith felt her heart simply stop and she fell to the ground. She felt a hand scoop her up. And then a light...

 

Faith opened her eyes to see she stood borrower size in a hallway. "Hello Faith. Nice to see you again" a familiar voice said. She turned around to giant bare feet. She gazed up. "Mo...no it's you. Etherion" she said. "That's right. Now come, he's been waiting for you" she said placing Faith in her hand. The avatar of Etherion carried the tiny naked woman down the hallway and knocked on a door. "Come in" a voice said. Etherion opened the door. "Faith McCormick is here" she said. "Yes...please bring her here" the voice said. Faith saw a slightly familiar room similar to one of the offices at the Yorkshire Mansion. Now that she thought on it, almost everything was like her old home. Including the man sitting at a desk writing. Etherion placed her on it. "Dad?" she asked seeing the giant. He smiled. "No, you're not him. So, what are you?" she asked. "If the mother of magic looks like your mother, then what could someone who looks like your father be?" he asked.

 

"...god?" she asked frightened. "Some have called me that. Come and sit down child. There's something we need to discuss" the man said.