- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A little more set up.  I know it's a lot!  But hopefuly it will be worth it.

Brad took a few deep breaths when he heard Karla’s voice in his earpiece.


“Hey...just clarifying you’re meeting her at the small bridge along the trail?”   She asks


“Yep, I was told I’d know her by the baseball cap and purple clothes”  Brad responds.


“Wow really?  Wow…”  She says with a chuckle.


“What’s going on?!  Is she there?”  Brad says a little confused.


“Umm yep...baseball cap, purple yoga pants and top...and not what you expect from a drug dealer...she is stunning.  I think I’d like to take her home some night…”


“Wait, you’re a lesbian?”  Brad asks 


“Nope...that’s how hot she is...anyway I’m at a good vantage point.  Try not to fall in love with her…”  Karla says as you sigh and start a light job towards the area where the meeting would take place.


Brad approaches the bridge and slows down to run.  It was a pretty slow day in the park and as Brad approached and saw the woman sitting on the bridge and Karla wasn’t lying.  A young woman, maybe in her early 20s in athletic wear that fit snugly all along her body.  Brad was happy he was wearing sunglasses so it wouldn’t look like he was staring.  Usually in these situations it was a back alley with some creep, not in the middle of a park with a beautiful young woman.  As he walked she looked over with a smile.


“Brad?”  She says kind of excited and Brad is actually caught off guard and she smiles and hops off.  “Oh my god it is you!  How have you been?”  She walks over and hugs you leaning up to your ear. She whispers.  “It’s less suspicious this way...hiding in plain sight right”  She takes his hand and leads him towards a bench.  “So I’ll go over everything one more time.  I won’t be repeating myself though so pay attention.”  She says as the two of them sit down.  “And don’t look around.  No one is paying attention to us so as long as we mind our own business we’ll be fine.”  She says with a smile.


Brad couldn’t help but be...impressed?  He dealt with drug dealers and things like this for years but this was all so sophisticated...he remembered the rule.  Don’t talk until told to.  The young woman continued.


“So, as discussed, It’s $100/hour and you can’t take the product off the premises.  Here is the hotel room key and address…” She hands over an electronic swipe key with an address and room number on it.  “...So what’ll it be.  Full dose, half dose or quarter dose?  And how long?”  


“Full dose one hour”  Brad says handing over a hundred dollar bill.


The woman takes the money and puts it into her bra.  Taking out her phone she sends a text and smiles at Brad.  “It’ll only be a minute…”  She grins and in only a few seconds she gets a message.  “Okay!  We are good to go.”  She stands up and you do the same.  “Your initial appointment is tomorrow at Noon at the address on the card.  Don’t be late”  She pulls him in for a hug and whispers again.  “Your whole world is about to change”.  She gives a kiss on the cheek and walks away.  Brad just stares for a second a bit confused.


“Soooo that was weird for a drug deal…”  Karla says into Brad’s earpiece and he chuckles.


“Yeah really…”  Brad mutters.  “Okay...well you know the deal from now on…”  


“I got it.  You’re undercover so minimal contact.  I went ahead an encrypted your personnel file and the case file so there’s no way they would be able to find out your a cop”


“Good job Karla.  Okay I should head home and get in the right mind space for tomorrow.  I’ll keep you posted on everything.  We may have finally got something Karla”  Brad says and Karla smiles.


“Yes we do Detective...and Brad...be careful okay?”  Karla says and Brad looks, seeing Karla off in the distance and gives a small wave.


“Got it partner”


 

Chapter End Notes:

We finally get to the good stuff next chapter!