- Text Size +

(35) Day 3: Phase 2 Surprise (13.0 m < 13.2 m)


I was right that the two of us would indeed pass. Though I didn’t expect Yae’s clumsiness to kick in as badly as our class representative’s had. It took two more tries for Yae to actually succeed in safely catching me without stumbling over her own two feet.


“Well, we did pass,” I tried to cheer up Yae who needed to get her a bandage on her knee. She didn’t bleed or anything, but there was a noticeable mark where she slammed it against the floor.


“Okay~ All done~!” Yanase-senpai cheerfully said after putting the bandage on Yae. “Yae-chan, are you ready to go outside~?”


Considering Yanase-senpai was a prankster both of us knew in middle school, seeing her overly giddy unnerved my childhood friend. “Senpai, you’re not plotting something, are you?”


“I don’t think there’s any way for her to do anything that isn’t a part of the Magnification Week agenda,” I covered for my upperclassman. “Though I do know why Phase 2’s going to be crazy, nothing huge is going to be happening yet.”


“Yup~ Yup~ It’s too soon for the big stuff~!” Senpai agreed, again with too much energy that it made her wary.


“Senpai, Kamiya-senpai’s expecting us, right?” I asked. “I’m sure Yae’s dying to stretch her legs. The ceiling’s getting close after all.”


“Um… No… I’m fine actually.” Though she was so excited about going outside with me earlier, Yanase-senpai’s behavior made her change her mind. This was the problem with our upperclassman. Her intentions were as clear as day. She was expecting for Yae to freak out when she left the building. Something was outside that would mess with her.


I wasn’t going to help my childhood friend this time, though. I was on my senpai’s side. I gave Yae as hard of a slap as I could on the back of her stocking clad leg. It didn’t hurt her considering her size, but she did notice me down below.


“Yae, even if you don’t want to. You know who Senpai is. It’ll get worse if you delay it. Actually, she might just grope you like she usually does if you don’t,” I advised her.


To prove my point, a lewd motion was being made with Yanase-senpai’s hand as she started to undo the chains and locks sealing the big door. “It’s just skinship, Touya-kun~ Ufufu~!”


“I’ll go,” Yae shuddered and immediately relented. She was well aware of our upperclassman’s behavior enough now that I reminded her of it.


“Good,” I tried my best to hide my smile. It was a shame, but Yae was outnumbered in the number of people who were on her side this time. Though, I wasn’t much of a fan of the surprise, I also wanted to see Yae’s reaction with my own eyes. The other girls would be reacting similarly way later, but because we had signed the exemption and exception forms, Yae was going to get to witness Phase 2 earlier than expected as well as a few other behind the scenes details students normally wouldn’t be able to see.


When the locks were undone and the door was ready to be opened, we were told to keep the door shut as much as possible, so I slipped through the large warehouse door first while Yae had to wait until Yanase-senpai opened the door slightly ajar to squeeze through. Yae kept her eye on me the entire time as I led the way, but immediately upon stepping out, she realized something.


“Huh? It’s… dark?” 


There was no sunlight beating down on us. In fact, the entire building was in shadow. In the shadow of what?


“Oh? It looks like you two have finally finished up,” a omnidirectional voice beat down on my ears. It was good that Yanase-senpai quickly shut the door immediately after Yae stepped out because the moment my childhood friend looked up, she screamed.  


“Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh?!?!?!” Yae put her hands over her face but still peaked through her fingers. She could not believe what she was seeing. “T-T-Touya?! W-Wh-Wha-What the heck is this?” 


Where were we? Even I couldn’t answer that precisely as I smirked while watching my childhood friend’s freakout. However, how were we was the biggest question that could be answered. Directly above us was not the sky but another ceiling and in front of us was a Kamiya-senpai at a scale far beyond Yae’s own imagination.


“K-K-K-Kamiya-senpai?!” Yae couldn’t stop stuttering as her jaw dropped from the skyscraper sized sight of the health committee head who was originally the same height as the growing girl.


“Hello, Yae-san,” Senpai acknowledged her and waved nonchalantly. I could feel a light earthquake from her motions thanks to the arm she kept on the table.


“Ufufufufu~ That’s the face I’ve been waiting for~!” Yanase-senpai rushed in front of both of us with something in her hands. She was holding up a small sign. Written on it were the words ‘Prank Successful!’


“E-Eeh? A prank?” Yae didn’t understand what was going on, so I had to clarify for her now that our plan had actually worked. 


“Yae, check your size,” I told her, opening up my Size-Link Band for good measure.


“Huh?” Yae froze up for a moment before she checked. If she had been drinking water at that time, she would have spat it all out. “Wait, what?! Since when did we change?”


If she had checked since the moment the building locked up, she probably would have realized it. Her height was no longer listed in terms of meters for this brief moment. While, compared to me, she was meters tall, I wasn’t normal sized any more and neither was she. 


Coupling the girls’ Magnification with a Reduction. It was crazy to think both things could be applied on top of each other, but that was what had happened. While the girls were growing, they, along with all of us in the gymnasium, had also been Reduced to a scale that would make it easier to transport everything.


Where we were now was atop a table in a windowless room. The entire gymnasium had become more of a doll-house in size when compared to Kamiya-senpai. Everyone had been shrunken down to the point where my 13 m tall looking childhood friend was less than 30 cm tall in actual reality. According to the Size-Link bands, she was around 26 cm. That put me, who was much smaller than her, at less than 4 cm tall.


“Welcome to the world of the Reduced,” I told Yae. I didn’t like being this small relative to Kamiya-senpai, but I was used to being small enough to remain composed. This was what Yanase-senpai and I had been waiting for. The complete and utter shock on Yae’s face upon realizing what had happened.


Doll sized. 


That was the best way we could describe Yae’s current stature when compared to Kamiya-senpai and most of the other health committee girls outside of Yanase-senpai who was the same scale as Yae.


“J-J-Just what’s going on here?” Yae was freaking out a lot more than I had thought she would while being gently observed by Kamiya-senpai who was seated at the table the doll-house sized gym was on.


With her left hand on her cheek, the normal sized Kamiya-senpai slowly brought her right hand towards her own lips. “There is no need to scream, Yae-san. We are currently transitioning to Phase 2. You are simply seeing the behind the scenes work in action.”


“... Behind the scenes?” Yae realized she was being told to quiet down, but she was having trouble doing so.


“We are being transported to the next location. We cannot just have over a dozen giant girls in a regular school that has yet to be set up to fully accommodate for Magnification,” explained Kamiya-senpai calmly and clearly.


“Normally, none of the girls aren’t supposed to realize they were Reduced until we actually arrived,” I shouted up at Yae who had to now switch from looking up to looking down. “But Yanase-senpai and I were curious as to how you’d react.”


“And her scream was super cute~!” giggled Yanase-senpai. I couldn’t disagree with her opinion nor could I hide my smirk either.


Seeing our partnership to invoke a reaction out of her, Yae huffed and began to pout. “Mmgh… Senpai! Don’t pick on me like that!”


In her rush to give Yanase-senpai a few bops in the arm, Yae nearly kicked me. “W-Whoa!” 


“Uwah! Sorry, Touya!” Yae apologized.


“Fufufu~!” a laugh escaped from above. Even though she tried to cover it with her mouth, Kamiya-senpai was unable to hide it. “I apologize, you three. Watching your hijinks when you are on the table really is quite a sight, especially Kirishima-kun.”


We looked like a bunch of dolls to Senpai after all. Well, Yae and Yanase-senpai did at least. I on the other hand must have been more bug sized in comparison. Just looking up at Kamiya-senpai felt like staring up at a monolith. I couldn’t see all of her face without moving my neck. At under four centimeters tall, even her pointer finger was taller than me, which she made evident when she placed it right next to me. “Jeez… It’s been a while since I’ve been this small.”


My voice did not carry up to her ears either. Although she saw me move my mouth, Senpai frowned. “Did you say something, Kirishima-kun? You will have to speak up. I’m afraid we don’t have a way for us to communicate otherwise.”


It wasn’t anything important for her to have to hear, so I just shook my head, hoping she’d see that. She did. To my dismay, Senpai started treating me like a pet hamster and used her finger to try petting me. She wasn’t forceful, but there was still a firm weight to her finger as it pushed my head down into my shoulders. There was no way I could fight it, so I endured it.


“I will admit, I did forget to account for your height when I informed the other girls that you and Yae-san would be coming out of the gym, Kirishima-kun,” our health committee chairmen told me. “While I did have plans to give Yae-san a brief experience, we will have to alter things for you and just have you observe. No need to worry. At worst, you will only be separated for ten minutes.”


“Separated?” Yae and I repeated in sync.


While I was happy to hear that my size gave Senpai second thoughts, I was concerned. Plans for Yae? Separated for ten minutes? Just what did she mean?


I turned to my childhood friend who was just staring up at Kamiya-senpai, hoping for some clarification. My eyes didn’t focus on her, however. I looked past Yae and spotted an unusual sight rising up from the edge of the table. My smaller size made it difficult for my eyes to properly focus, but I recognized that a pair of hands were dangerously encroaching from behind like some ghost story.


“Hey Ya-!” Senpai’s plans were already in action.


Grab!


“Kyaaaaah!” 


I tried to warn her, but it was too late. I watched as Yae screamed when she was suddenly picked up by two hands from behind. My doll-sized childhood friend had been snatched by someone the two of us both knew.


“Got her! Yae-san secured!” announced the familiar voice of one Fumika Morino from beneath the table. 


“E-Eh? F-Fumika-san?” Yae was able to identify her kidnapper because she could look down while being held up in the air between the second year girl’s hands.


Slam!


Immediately after Morino declared her success, the distant sound of a door opening entered our ears followed by the voice of another girl. “Fumika-chan! You got her! Let’s go!”


“R-Right! On it!” there was a sliver of hesitation (or was it embarrassment) in Morino’s voice, but she listened to her partner in crime and ran out with Yae in tow. The sheer speed at which Morino dashed away generated a strong enough gust of wind that Yanase-senpai had to grab hold of me to prevent me from flying off. 


“Hyaaah! Touya! What’s going ooooooon?!”


So outside of my and Yanase-senpai’s scheme to surprise Yae, Kamiya-senpai had her own plan as well. Despite how sudden it was, quite honestly, I wasn’t not the least bit surprised. It wasn’t just because Senpai had warned me before it happened. It was because, for those of us in the health committee, this felt somehow routine. We were an oddball group for a reason. The one who was the most scared was definitely Yae


“And there they go~!” Yanase-senpai couldn’t see what was out the door considering she was stuck on the table like I was.


“Akagi-san and Morino-san are always a playful pair. I am happy to see they have recovered. Although Morino-san still seems a little flustered over the previous night,” Kamiya-senpai lightheartedly giggled, accepting the chaos that was our health committee. It was why she was our committee chairman. 


“Is that fine, Senpai?” I couldn’t fight the committee head’s decisions especially at my size so I just had to accept that Yae had been taken away. I crossed my arms and spoke up to Yanase-senpai since I couldn’t interact with Kamiya-senpai easily. “It should be fine since it’s part of the health committee, but… well, it’s us we’re talking about...”


“Ehehe~ Don’t you worry, Touya-kun~! Fumi-chan will take care of Yae-chan~! Out of all of us, she’s the most responsible~!” Yanase-senpai asserted proudly.


“What does that make me then, Emi-chan?” giggled Kamiya-senpai who heard her second-in-command boast. She then turned to me, having understood what question I had asked. “But Emi-chan is right. Yae-san will be safe. I picked Morino-san for the job because she knows her and is in the same year as the two of you.” 


While I trusted Morino, Akagi could be a bit too playful. And then there were the other girls in the committee too who weren’t in the gym...


Noticing my expression, the head of our committee sighed and began to lecture me while waving her pointer finger. “Kirishima-kun, this is actually a valuable experience for Yae-san. While it would be good if all of the girls got to understand what it was like to be Reduced, with how the laws are now, we are not allowed to do that. The best we can manage are these brief moments here.”


To think she’d be willing to push Yae through experience Reduction in the middle of Magnification Week. Senpai was extremely forward thinking. I was worried for what would happen to Yae while the health committee had their hands on her, but with the Size-Link Band connecting us and our contract for Magnification Week, it wasn’t as if I was just going to be a bystander even if Kamiya-senpai decided to change her plans for me.


“Well, it will only be for a few minutes anyways. We will join up too, though I will take it slowly so that Yae-san can witness her current size on her own,” Kamiya-senpai stood up from her chair, cupping her hands together and bringing them down to the table. She then lowered her body and head to Yanase-senpai and I in a manner more befitting a feudal retainer than a committee chairman. “Emi-chan, Kirishima-kun, I would like to ask you to hop aboard. Do not worry, I’ve been trained to provide you two the safest ride out of this room.”


That was my Senpai for you. Despite being many times our size, she treated anyone Reduced well. Though I was certain this was her being playful as she normally treated me like usual when I was reduced.


Yanase-senpai and I accepted, with me needing some help to climb aboard. Yanase-senpai pulled me into her lap as she sat down on Kamiya-senpai’s palm comfortably. A rush of gravity pulled me onto her stomach as our giant committee head started walking, allowing another upperclassman to come in to take her place looking after the Reduced gym building.


I looked around at the unfamiliar and blurry gray scenery around me as we headed to where Yae would be. Though I knew the final destination of our transfer, I really had to wonder - just where were we?


(36) Day 3: Reduced with the Health Committee (13.2 m < 13.3 m)


‘Where were we?’ was definitely an important question to ask. Where could an entire class of high school students be taken during Magnification Week? It had been at best an hour and a half since the class was locked in the school gymnasium. Where could the government take us within that short span of time after Reducing the school building? 


I was unable to see while Kamiya-senpai kept me covered by her hand while she walked out of the room where Reduced gym was, and the ride was so gentle and stable that I wasn’t sure if we were on some sort of train, boat, or plane.


What I did realize when Senpai arrived at our destination though, was that whatever manner of transport this was, no expense was spared.


“Here, Asano-chan! Can you believe it? There’s so many sweets here.” “C’mon, Yae-san. I know you like sweets. What girl doesn’t?”


“Kyaa! Yae-senpai’s so cute in her hand when she’s Reduced. Look at how she’s holding her finger! Can I hold her?” “Hey, Nao! Don’t be rude to Senpai. And don’t sit on the sofa like that. It’s indecent!”


“...Too bad all the boys aren’t here... I wanted to relax with one of them...” “Yeah, too bad. With Yagi-kun and Hiro-kun in the gym with Kiri-kun and Makkun out sick, it’s only girls here.” 


Wherever we were, there was a spacious lounge that could fit all of the health committee members who were working behind the scenes. All of the girls were hanging around three leather sofas that wrapped around a table full of sweets in a U-shape.


There were a lot of us in the health committee and in the lounge at that moment were 8 health committee girls. Besides Yanase-senpai and Kamiya-senpai, Akagi and Morino were sitting on the floor by the table of sweets, apparently treating Yae to a dessert buffet many times her size. Sadly, I couldn’t see her so I couldn’t confirm. Besides those two, my eccentric underclassman Okazaki was around and getting scolded by the other first year giri Saeki. Lastly, there were two other upperclassmen, the soothing Narumi-senpai and the casual Saegusa-senpai.


They were 8 girls who I knew well, and it was for that very reason that I was concerned when Kamiya-senpai told them I was there.


“Everyone, Emi-chan and I brought Kirishima-kun.”


There was no need for the girls to turn their heads to see me. Our committee head brought me down to the table of sweets where all of the girls were crowded around. Yanase-senpai let me go and pushed me off Kamiya-senpai’s hand, putting me in full view of my fellow committee members.


“... Uwah...” This was probably how a class pet felt like. My under 4 cm self had to turn my head from right to left to try to see every one of the girls who surrounded me. My jaw dropped looking up at mountain after mountain of giant girl. 


“Hey, Tou-san, are you hungry?” “Kasumi-chan, too close. Too close.” Akagi and Morino were the closest to the table. Akagi lurched over Morino to get closer to me and lowered her chin to the table. I stumbled back when I found I was too close to the girl’s lips which were stained with fresh cream. Morino, I believed, was holding Yae in her hand, but I couldn’t see below the table or past Akagi to confirm.


“I’m good...” I uttered, hoping they could hear me. What came out must have sounded like a squeak to them because immediately upon hearing it, Saegusa-senpai doubled back in laughter.


“Ahahaha~ Oh my god! That chirping sound. He sounds super adorable! Ahahaha~!,” Saegusa-senpai laughed, exposing her sharp teeth. She had to wipe a tear out of her eye before she could continue talking. “Sorry, Kiri-kun. I should be used to it, but just hearing the usual you squeaking like that is too much of a riot.”


I grimaced under her surround-sound laughter. Saegusa-senpai was fond of me being smaller for some reason. I was only thankful she was just the type to talk rather than do.


Beside her, my droopy-eyed senpai brushed her wavy hair behind her ear and leaned over so that her shadow fell over me. A soothing, fluffy-sounding voice healed me from Saegusa-senpai’s bellows.


“Kirishima-kun, you look tired... Do you want to rest...? I can help with that if you want...” Narumi-senpai offered by patting her hands on her skirt and thighs. She was probably just joking like Morino and Akagi were to mess with me, but with Narumi-senpai, it was hard to tell if she was serious or not. She was someone who also signed the exemption form for Reduction Week in the previous year, and in that time, it seemed she realized she liked lounging around with and spoiling someone Reduced.


Of the girls, there was the one girl who got all starry-eyed the moment she spotted me. I could see Saeki reel back when she saw the expression on the girl’s face.


“Kyaaaa! Yes! Yes! Yes! Senpai’s back to being tiny again!” cheered my underclassman Nao Okazaki. “This feels so much better than when we were made bigger.”


“Okazaki, really?” I groaned. I looked around for something to hide behind, but the nearest object, a bowl of candy twice my height, also looked fifteen meters away from me.


Even if my words were drowned out by the ruckus of all of the girls, my look of exasperation was seen clearly by Kamiya-senpai. “Nao-chan, please refrain from troubling Kirishima-kun while he is in this state. He has a job to do in taking care of Yae-san after all.”


“Take care? Can he really do that, Senpai? I mean, he’s smaller than Asano-senpai right now,” Saeki asked out of honest curiosity.


“Well, I believe we can see that for ourselves. The time I let you girls use to surprise Yae-san has expired. Morino-san, would you please?” Senpai glanced at Morino who Akagi had finally gotten off of. 


The embarrassed girl took a moment to regain her composure. She scratched the back of her head before turning to me. “Sorry, if we scared you by taking your girlfriend, Touya-san. We were told to treat her like we would the guys, but I think we scared her pretty badly. We were going to offer her cake, but she doesn’t want to listen.”


“While I expected such a reaction. I do not approve of you implying you treat the boys as roughly as you did Yae-san,” our upperclassman shook her head. “I know everyone other than us upperclassmen has yet to go through Magnification Week, but I had hoped you girls would be more proper.”


“Here you go, Yae-san,” Following Kamiya-senpai’s instruction, Morino lifted something up from her lap with both hands and placed it onto the table. It was Yae, of course. I could see that she was still dazed from being dragged along for the ride. She couldn’t walk straight and her eyes were darting around in all directions.


“Uuuu… Urgh… Not so fast, my stomach is...”


“Wow. Just a few minutes away and you look super shaken,” I remarked as I backed up to avoid being knocked over. 


“Huh? Tou...ya?”


I probably shouldn’t have spoken without bracing myself. Yae recognized my voice and broke out of her stupor immediately. Before I could even blink, I found my entire body grabbed and jerked upwards by her powerful grip as she called out my name.


“Toooooouuuuyyaaaaaa!!!”


“Mggghfff!” My face was shoved between a pair of breasts near my size and my spine was put through intense pressure as Yae dropped to her knees and hugged me tight like a stuffed toy. “Mgh… Y-Ya… n’t… br… he...”


Either my voice was too muffled or her wails too loud, but either way, Yae couldn’t hear me and just kept holding me tightly. My legs dangled in the air, too small to even reach her stomach as I kicked and struggled. If you were to compare Yae to me at that very moment, she was 14 meters tall in my eyes. I was up against a giant on par with buildings, and in contrast, I was no more than a doll from Yae’s perspective. Even a teddy-bear her scale would be twice as big as me. There was no overpowering Yae at my relative size as my body was smothered by her right breast.


“Kyaa. She went right for him. As expected of Kirishima-kun’s partner.” “Wow~! That’s got to feel amazing for Kirishima-kun” “Uwah. He’s like a rag doll.” I could hear the peanut gallery. We were being seen by everyone of the girls present, but Yae didn’t care. All that mattered to her was that I was there. I was the one person who could calm her down. 


I had to endure so that Yae could calm down. Her warmth poured into me from every part of my body was that was pressed against her bosom. When I felt her grip ease up enough, I craned my neck back to try to find the room to breathe and speak.


“Urgh… You okay?”


She was not, but she had relaxed enough to listen to and reply to me. “Uuuu… I-It’s super crazy seeing everything this big, Touya. I just want to crawl in a hole and hide. It’s scary.”


“This is what us guys have to deal with,” I told her. “You understand how crazy it is looking up at others yet?”


“Yes. The boys have it rough...” Yae nodded. “I couldn’t do anything when Fumika-san grabbed me and everything suddenly looked so high up. Then when they introduced me to everyone, all I could do was stare when I was on the table. I felt like a cornered rat.”


“It’s not like the girls did anything bad to you outside of that first scare, right?” I started reassuring her. “The Health Committee girls are crazy, but they’re all good at following Kamiya-senpai’s orders. You can trust them.”


“All they did was just greet me, but it was still scary, ”Yae frowned, hesitating at the idea of trusting the giant girls. She slowly loosened her grip and kneeled down so that I could get back onto the table. She stood back up to her full height after and let out a breath of relief as she looked down at me. “Sorry, Touya. I actually feel relieved to have you shorter than me.”


“Hey, I’m normally taller than you,” I pretended to sound insulted.


“Y-You know what I mean,” Yae was flustered but talking to me was clearly relaxing enough for her that her shoulders untensed the more we spoke. That being the case though, her shifting about was easy to notice since every movement to here was scaled up on my perspective. She was still uneasy about the giant girls looking at us intently. “Uuu… I want to get back to a more normal size now.”


I would have appreciated that too. Considering the two of us were linked in scale, Yae growing would let me get a bit bigger too. However, before we could talk about that, the bigger girls in charge interrupted us.


“Looks like Asano-chan’s calmed down,” Akagi spoke up.


“Good job Kiri-kun,” Saegusa-senpai praised me.


“She wants to change back, though, huh? Do you think we can do that, Senpai? We are still on the way there after all,” Morino asked Kamiya-senpai for us.


“... I can arrange it, but it will take some time. Emi-chan also has to use the machine and she is first in line. We will also have to re-Magnify Yae-san to the correct scales afterwards if we do this.”


Hearing those words, Yae cheered. “Really? Yes, please, Senpai!” 


Yae’s miniscule cheers from the table made Kamiya-senpai giggle. She couldn’t cover her mouth to hide it with Yanase-senpai still in her hands. “I will go ask for permission then. But Yae-san, you really should enjoy this size while you can.”


“Enjoy? What is there to enjoy?” Yae frowned. “It’s super scary like this.”


“Naru-chan?” Kamiya-senpai uttered my Narumi-senpai’s nickname before leaving, effectively ordering her to be in charge. That was not all she ordered with just that one word, however. Considering Narumi-senpai’s personality, I knew just what was going to happen next.


I could see my upperclassman smile up above as she leaned forward on all fours, covering both Yae and I in her shadow. She was like a cat while we were the mice, though a sheep might have fit Narumi-senpai better considering how ‘fluffy’ she was.


“Huh? Senpai? What are you doing?” Yae was confused.


“Oh boy. We’re in for it now, Yae.”


“What do you mean, Touya?” Yae tried to back up, but the fact of the matter was that we were both stranded atop of a table. No matter how far she backed up, there was no getting away from Narumi-senpai.


“Don’t worry, Asano-chan,” Senpai got in close. Her long hair fell over onto the table, generating enough wind for me to feel a breeze filled with the smell of honey-scented shampoo. “We want you to relax, Senpai’s going to make sure you get all the service you need!”


“Hyaa!” Yae was picked up like a doll by Senpai’s left hand.


“Nghn!” a thumb and forefinger larger than me pinched my miniscule body between them. 


The health committee’s expert at spoiling others had been given free reign and this probably going to be able to do it to two differently scaled people.


Chapter End Notes:

Character Names (First Name Last Name) for the confused + the characters' normal heights for reference:

Fuuka Narumi (169 cm), Yuiko Saegusa (173 cm) -Health Committee Senpai