- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy and please join us on Discord!

https://discord.gg/ky9gF5Uf


 


I stare at both of my superiors who in turn stared at me. I was angry, and I did not want to speak with people who where willing to let good people die, and yet I had no choice. 


 


"What do you mean my future in the (UM)?" I ask confused. 


 


Mr. Bullock smirks at me as if I had asked a stupid question. "It is exactly as I have said young man, you have a talent solder, a talent that could be useful to the organization." 


 


I could tell that these people knew about my abilities, but the question was, how much did they know exactly, and of course, would they tell me the information. "What is this strange power?"  


 


Mr. Bullock and Mr. Byrne share a glance with one another, which I thought was a little suspicious. 


 


"Mr. Alderman tell me why did you become a scout of the United Military?" Mr. Byrne asks with a smile avoiding my question.


  


I think about my answer for a few minutes and came to the conclusion that their was no reason for me to lie. "I joined the (UM) because my father wanted me to. He wanted me to follow in his footsteps. The reason I chose the scouts was because I believed that I could have an easier life." 


 


Hearing my answer both Mr. Bullock and Mr. Byrne stare at me with shock, as if I had grown two heads and suddenly let's out a sudden laughter that filled the ice cold room. The laughter that echoed all throughout the room wasn't the laughter of friendship or camaraderie it instead sounded like laughter filled with pity and shame. Trust me when I say I know the difference. 


 


"You know..." Mr Byrne says inbetween small giggles that he fought with utmost effort to suppress. "You Mr. Alderman disappoint me."


 


The laughter in the room quickly disappeared as I stared at emotionless faces of my superiors. It was almost as if I was looking at the faces of robots, who had never known the sweet touch of emotions and yet as I looked into their eyes I could feel the anger inside of them. I begin to sweat. "I disappoint you, how?"


 


Mr. Bullock let's out a long sigh. "You say that you joined the (UM) because someone else wanted you to, you say that your goal in joining such a grand organization is to live a life of leisure. Such a thing is pitiful." 


 


 


 


My anger continued to rise as I heard words filled with mockery, what was so wrong about not wanting to live a complicated life. 


 


"Your eyes..." Mr. Byrne continued. "Your eyes do not contain the spark of ambition, all you are is a person walking down a path someone else laid out for you." 


 


"That's why we will not answer your question, and also why you have no choice but to obey the will of your superiors." Mr. Bullock says. 


 


I stand up out of shock and anger. "Who the hell do you think you are!" I yell not being able to control myself. 


 


Hearing my outburst Mr. Bullock once again smirks as if he were amused. "Why are you so angry, you have lived your life following the will of others, in the end this is no different."


 


I couldn't find the words to speak as Mr. Bullock continued to berate me with every word he spoke. Soon even I was starting to think that I was as pathetic as they where saying. 


 


Mr. Byrne seeing the look of defeat plastered on my face stands up from her chair. "Look Mr. Alderman we are giving you a chance." 


 


"A chance to do what?" I ask confused. 


 


"A chance to find the answers you are looking for, the answers to your special abilities. This is what we offer." Mr. Byrne explains.  


 


I stood still deep in thought, trying to find the downside to this supposed offer and the more I thought about it the more I realized that whatever I decided I probably didn't have a choice. "Ok fine. What do I have to do."


 


Both Mr. Byrne and Mr. Bullock smile as if they where expecting that very question. Mr. Byrne walks towards me and puts his right hand on my left shoulder. "We are going to take you to the specialist." 


 


"Huh?" 


 


THREE DAYS LATER


 


I stood in the middle of a vast desert covered in scolding hot sand. I wore a sleeveless grey shirt as well as a pair of cargo pants as tactical boots covered my feet. I found myself in one of the hottest places in the Lilliputian world called the boiling Fields, I found myself in this boiling waste land waiting for the so called specialist that would help me with my knew found abilities. But as I continued to wait in the burning desert I began to doubt that any rational person would live here.


 


 


 


I didn't want to be here, I wanted to be in the Comfort of my own house and put everything behind me but apparently I was the only one who felt this way, as my parents where beside themselves with pride and happiness. I had never before seen my farther more proud of me but despite the so called opportunity I was being presented their was one problem, the solder who drove me to this blazing hot location just left me here with simple instructions to wait. "Oh god they left me out here to die." 


 


I was breathing hard as my whole body was covered in sweet, I began to think that I wasn't going to last much longer but as I thought those things I felt the ground vibrate below me, the very sand particles began to jump up and down constantly. I knew from experience that a Gulliverian was close. "I thought that the specialist was a Lilliputian." I said to myself as I looked into the distant where I saw her towering from afar looking like a shimmering Mirage  created by the raising heat, but as the Gulliverian came ever closer I knew that she was real. I could tell that the Gulliverian was a woman with long brown hair in a ponytail, she like me wore a sleeveless shirt as well as military cargo pants. 


 


With every step she covered an unimaginable distance and soon the towering giant was standing right over me looking down with eyes cold and distant. I could tell just by looking at this woman that she wasn't my friend, and my life probably got a whole lot harder.


 


"God help me."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234