- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy! 

"Psychic power, what is it?" I asked as I stood on the wide surface of Ms. Saxons table.


Ms. Saxon says no words as she lifts her right hand up and holds it in midair. It was then that her hand began to glow with an orange light, and it was then that I felt an invisible force lifting me up off of the surface of the table.



"Psychic power is an energy that comes from once's mind." Ms. Saxson says as her eyes glowed with power. "It's origins are unclear, but we do know one thing... it is an energy, a power that resides in all three races. But for some reason the smaller the race, the stronger the power.


"So their are other with this power, other than you and me?" I asked.


Ms. Saxon giggles ever so slightly as she sees my reaction. "There are a few in the organization but not a lot." Ms Saxon puts her hand down against the surface of the table and I slowly climb aboard.


She carried me outside of her home, and my face was greeted by the hot air of the dessert. From up above I was greeted by the wondrous view of never ending sand. These barren lands where quite beautiful from such a high view. Such a wondrous view only lasted for a moment, for soon I was brought down to a ground covered in sand. 


I looked up at the towering giant, she who's gaze was focused on afar. She stood quietly in the sunlight and it was then that Ms. Saxons form began to glow and the small particles of sand began to rise and glisten in the sun like tiny diamonds. 


"Whoa." I said completely amazed at the beauty before me.  


"This psychic ability is called telekinesis..." Ms. Saxon says with a smile as she looked at the amazing splendor she created.  " Telekinesis is the ability to move objects with your mind, and this is your next test." 


"What do you mean?" I asked. 


"The first thing that we need to do is help you access your abilities and to do that you will do exactly I am doing now." 


I look around at the floating sand particulate that surrounded me. "You mean..." 


"Yes. Your job is to lift at least a million sand particles in the area into the air." 


I grew a little unsure of myself and whatever strength I possessed seemed to leave me. "Do you think that I can do that." 


Ms. Saxon eyes became dangerous and it was then that I realized that I had probably crossed the line. "Don't question me bug." 


"Gulp... excuse me ma'am but I was just wondering..." I rephrase my words carefully. "Don't you think that this is to hard?" 


"Normally you would be right for the simple fact that a psychic only has up to 2 powers, 3 max." Ms. Saxon explains. 


"So what makes you thinks that I can lift up all of this sand?" 


"Do you remember that explosion of power you experienced yesterday?" 


 "Yes ma'am." 


Ms. Saxon bends down and points her massive finger at me, gently patting it against my chest which to me felt like someone was punching my chest."That wild power contained a massive amount of telekinetic force and sand isn't heavy." 


I look down at the sand that littered the ground. "But..." 


"BOOM!" 


I cover my eyes as massive amounts of sand fly in the air.  I was thrown to the ground with large amounts of sand covering my clothes and hair. 


Ms. Saxon still bent over forced her fist into the ground creating a small crater that did nothing but show just how powerful she truly was. 


"You test my patients, we have no time for your doubts and fears." 


I quickly stand up onto my feet and brush the sand off of my body. "Yes ma'am." 


Ms. Saxon stands up to her full height. "This is the first part of your training, and you must be able to do it... you have a month." 


"Ma'am if I may ask what is happening within a month?" I ask trying to hide the fear in my voice. 


The ground shook ever so slightly, it took me awhile but soon began to see Ms. Saxons body trembling uncontrollably with sweat falling from her forehead. 


"You will be evaluated by someone a lot worse than me." Ms. Saxon averts her gaze. "And if you don't pass you may die." 


I hesitantly step back and for once I wondered. "What in the world could scare a Gulliveran."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234