- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Enjoy!

I didn't always think things thru. I was one of those guys that acted on the spur of the moment and frankly it didn't always work out for the best. This! This was one of those moments! 


 


"We know you are their!" The school janitor yells as he clutch's a small Glock 42, a semi-auto pistol and points it towards my direction. 


 


"Come out, or else!" The janitor forewarns as a small and silent click reverberates through my ears, making it quite evident that the gun was off safety and was ready to fire. 


 


"Ok, Ok, just don't shoot." I say quickly as I step out into the open. 


 


"I know you." The janitor looks at me with a perplexing recognition. 


 


"You... You are one of those (UM) dogs, sent to this embarrassment of a school for new recruitments." The janitor says with a petulant expression. 


 


"It looks like you weren't very careful Gabriel." The janitor says annoyed as Gabriel looked at me with surprise. 


 


It was hard to ignore the bomb on the table, it was hard to disregard the gun pointed at my face, but I figured that me standing around with my mouth wide open wasn't going anywhere. 


 


"What is this?" I ask with disgust.


 


"This, this is simply the truth." The janitor says with conviction. 


 


"The truth to what?" I ask as I take a small glance at Gabriel who remained silent.


 


"The truth to the false lies that every Lilliputian has been told for hundreds of year." 


 


"The truth of coexistence, the truth of the monsters that inhabit our world." 


 


FLASHBACK 40 years- (3rd Person)


 


The sun shined with the radiance of summer over the monumental city of Ordchester. Their in that great city thousands of Lilliputians went about their lives with little to no worry. 


 


30 year old Nolan Baggett walks down the side walk of Hind Street, a street filled with  A myriad of Lilliputians and stores. Through this place filled with Lilliputian conviviality Nolan Baggett moves with the exuberance of a person who had the privilege of leaving work early, for the work of a Lilliputian mechanic wasn't always easy, and today was a special day. 


 


"Honey I'm home." Nolan says entering his house. 


 


"Oh honey, your home early." 29 year old Kelly Baggett says with joy as she walks from the kitchen to the front door to greet her husband.


 


"Well of course, today is our anniversary after all, June 29, 3119." Nolan explains as he gives his wife a kiss. 


 


Kelly looks at her husband seductively. "Good to see that you remember." 


 


"Well of course, come on get dress, I'll take you out to dinner." Nolan smiles. 


 


Kelly with a smirk walks into the bedroom. "Where are we going tonight honey?" 


 


Nolan sits down on the living room couch and turns on the flat screen TV. "Theirs a new restaurant on the rise lately."


 


"Oh are you talking about Bambino's?" Kelly says from afar. 


 


"Yea that's the one." Nolan confirms, flipping from channel to channel, the TV finally landing on Channel 7 Lilly News.


 


[Breaking News!] 


 


Nolan's eyes widen as he stared at the TV. 


 


[Two unsanctioned Gulliverians have been spotted in the area, The United Military have been called, we advise all Lilliputians in the area to stay inside until the danger has passed.] 


 


Nolan didn't know what to make of the broadcast. Broadcasts such as these were rare and 99% of the time nothing happened. Nolan didn't know if he should cancel his anniversary for a warning that may not even happen. 


 


"We should be fine." Nolan says with disconcertment as he turns off the TV in order to calm his nerves. 


 


"Hey their lover boy." 


 


Nolan upon hearing an all to familiar voice turns and sees his wife, who stood with confidence and allure, as she wore a sparkling red dress that did well to show off her curves and legs. Kelly's face was decorated with makeup and her long black hair flowed like water, the scent of flowers adorned her visage, and her lips where bright red. To most this women would be nothing short of a model, to Nolan she was a goddess. 


 


"You look beautiful." Nolan says, eyes wide open and mind aflutter with love/excitement. 


 


"Well aren't you sweet." Kelly says walking closer to her husband. 


 


Nolan slowly rises from the couch and reaches out to grab Kelly's hand. "Shall we be on our way my love."


 


"Yes indeed my handsome man." Kelly says rapping her arms around Nolan's right arm. 


 


Nolan and Kelly walk towards the front door, ready to start their lovely night and as Nolan's clutches the handle his body is brought to a sudden halt as a loud deafening noise attacks his ears. 


 


"T-that's the Emergency Sirens." Nolan says with a look of shock a look shared with his wife Kelly, for they both new what this meant. 


 


The city was in danger. 


 


Nolan had only heard the Emergency Sirens once in his life, he was 10 years old when the city that he was living in suffered damage from a Gulliverian attack. The assault was short lived and not to many Lilliputians where injured but deep down, Nolan never wanted to hear the sound of those sirens ever again. Nolan thought back to the emergency broad cast on the TV, and knew he wasn't going to get his wish. 


 


Nolan quickly open the door, and what he sees is almost enough to put tears in his eyes. Far away into the city, black smoke permeated the sky as flames engulfed buildings. Lilliputians everywhere began to evacuate their homes in order to make it to the safety shelters, all of this confirmed his fears.


 


"Nolan what's happening?" Kelly asks with fear. 


 


"Ordchester is under attack.... the Gulliverans are here.


 


END OF FLASHBACK- (1st Person)


 


"You where their?" I asked as I looked at Mr. Baggett with eyes filled with nothing but shock.


 


Mr. Baggett clutches the small pistol as he stares at me with eyes filled with sadness "Yes... Yes I was their in Ordchester, I witnessed what happened on that night." 


 


The Night of Ordchester, also known as the Gulliverian Night was one of the worst Lilliputian massacres in recorded history. Their are very few events that exceed such death and brutality. 


 


"That night cost me much." Mr. Baggett continues. 


 


"My home, friends, my...wife." Mr. Baggett says, tears running down his face. 


 


"I also learned the truth that night." 


 


"Their can be no peace, their can be no coexistence!" Mr. Baggett yells. 


 


"Lilliputians will never know peace as long as those giant monsters infect our world!" 


 


I was looking at a man who had lost everything and I could only think one thing. 


 


"Ah Hell."

Chapter End Notes:
Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234