- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

It is here.

Two notes:

1. I will never write a chapter this long again.

2. You guys better review this chapter >:(




"And your sweater is cute, and your tiny widdle skirt is cute, and your bow is cute, and your—"

"Harper!" Naomi snapped, "I swear to god I'm going to strip her naked if you don't stop."

The giantesses were lounging around the fancy common area of yet another massive mansion. Like last time, they'd hidden the location from Annabelle, but the Shrinkee could tell they were somewhere secluded on another island. A window that covered the span of the wall revealed the start of a warm sunset behind a vacant beach and an endless ocean of darkening waves. 

The room they sat in was gorgeous, with expensive looking furniture, an immense bookshelf, and opulent fireplace that roared with warmth. Annabelle would've thought the glow of the fire place and the lowering sun was a calm backdrop to a cozy holiday spent with family—if not for the fact that she was certain a massacre was about to take place.

The giantesses sat on various love seats and arm chairs scrolling through their socials, except for Harper who was splayed on the couch, kicking her gigantic legs up in the air. Annabelle found herself trapped between the enormous co-ed's prodigious digits, being fondled and prodded. 

The Shrinkee was relieved Naomi had said something. Since Harper's probation had ended a week ago, the blonde giantess had not wasted an opportunity conveying her physical affection.

At the moment, she was declaring her adoration for each item Naomi had dressed Annabelle in for the holiday. Although she still felt like a doll, Annabelle was pleased when Naomi had chosen an outfit someone her age might actually wear, instead of the usual stripper-attire they placed her in.

Harper smiled through Naomi's threat.

"Then I'll just talk about her cute widdle boobies, and her cute little butt, and—"

Annabelle was grateful when a knock at the door interrupted her. "Come in," Leah called without looking up from her phone. 

The door opened to reveal a female servant. She wore a maid uniform, but it was professional apparel—a short sleeve lay down collar dress with an apron in front. It wasn't anything like the French maid costume they often made Annabelle wear.

"Young misses, the pre-dinner function will begin in the Western hall in about fifteen minutes," she announced.  

"All right," Molly said off handedly.

"Would you like anything before the function begins?" She offered. 

Harper's bright blue eyes lit up, "Oh, bring me half of a chocolate chip," she ordered.

The woman hesitated, "Um, half, young miss?"

Harper's face quickly turned irritated as she looked up at the woman. "Are you like deaf or just stupid? Half of a chocolate chip, as in take a chocolate chip and cut it in half," Harper snapped.

The woman, who looked to be in her thirties, flinched, "Yes, young miss, of course." 

Harper scoffed, "I hope I don't have to like remind you to get one of the chefs to cut it. And wear gloves when you bring it to me—I don't want your yucky Shrinkee germs near it."

Annabelle grimaced. She knew that all of their "servants" were either un-shrunken Shrinkees or the blackmailed relatives of Shrinkees. Apparently the woman was the former.

The poor Shrinkee servant paled, "Um unfortunately, all of the chefs are busy preparing dinner—"

The woman's mouth shut when she saw the irate look cross Harper's face. The servant swallowed nervously.

"Of course young miss, I'll have it ready for you right away," she said hurriedly. She gave a quick nod and scurried out the room.

Without missing a beat, Harper's face brightened when she turned her attention back to Annabelle. "And her cute widdle nose, and her—"

"Harp, are you kidding me? What the hell was that?" Naomi said with a raised eyebrow.

Annabelle perked up. She dared to hope. Was Naomi actually going to call her out on her inhumane behavior?

Harper frowned, "What?"

Naomi chastised, "We're going to have dinner soon, don't fucking give Poppy chocolate, it'll ruin her appetite."

Annabelle felt stupid. She had been nearly two months with the giantesses. She didn't know why she kept expecting any trace of humanity from them. 

Annabelle watched the massive co-ed roll her eyes. "One little piece of chocolate won't hurt her," Harper replied.

Her gigantic finger wiggled against Annabelle's belly, "Right?" She cooed, "There's so much room in that widdle belly."

Annabelle was at the mercy of the giantess' tickles. She was rattled with giggles. Annabelle felt tears begin to prickle at her eyes. 

"G-Goddess, I have a question," she called through her giggles.

Harper beamed down at her, finally ceasing her tickling, "Yes, my widdle perfect Poppy?"

Still catching her breath, Annabelle asked, "Do...do you all spend Thanksgiving together every year?" 

Harper nodded with a bright smile, "Yup, it's tradition."

"But you don't cook," Annabelle noted.

Harper giggled and continued to tickle Annabelle's stomach, "Why would we cook Poppy? We have chefs to do it for us. You're so silly."

Annabelle involuntarily laughed again. Tears returned to her eyes. Thankfully, the door opened again and Harper stopped. Annabelle breathed a sigh of relief. She could eat her chocolate without having to be played with for a while.

But it wasn't the servant who returned. Annabelle did a double take when she saw Nell walk through the door. Annabelle had assumed she wouldn't be joining them for dinner. But by the look of her, she probably would've preferred having been left alone.

She wore a dark blue dress that she looked like she'd rather not be in. She gripped a book in her hand.

Naomi peered up from her phone with a sneer, "I didn't think you would actually come. I thought you were supposed to be 'protesting.'"

Nell crossed her arms and pouted, "Mom and Dad wouldn't let me." 

Naomi snickered. Without looking up from her phone, Molly warned, "Penny, you know if you ruin the function, you won't get away with just a slap on the wrist." 

Nell spat, "I know that, but just because I'm here doesn't mean I have to participate."

Naomi rolled her eyes, "Whatever just don't—"

Nell ignored her as Annabelle met her eyes. Annabelle watched Nell's eyes widen in shock. Faster than anyone in the room was prepared for, Nell zoomed over to the couch where Annabelle and Harper were. Annabelle bounced from the enormous teen's footfalls. 

Nell bent down so her massive face loomed over Annabelle. Her braces were an full display as her mouth broke into an ear-splitting grin.

"I wasn't sure if you'd be here, but I brought this book—" Annabelle wasn't able to hear the rest, due to Harper quickly scooping her up and wrapping her into a protective fist. 

Annabelle hadn't even noticed, but the other three giantesses were suddenly standing above Nell.  

Leah and Molly each gripped one of Nell's arms and lifted her to her feet. "Wha-What the hell!" Nell protested. 

Wordlessly, they dragged her to an arm chair and shoved her in. Naomi gripped each side of the chair's arms. She leaned closely, inches away from her sister's pale face. 

"I will say this one time. Do not look at Poppy. Do not touch Poppy. Do not talk to Poppy," Naomi threatened. 

Nell blanched, "B-But I brought this book to show—"

"Absolutely not," Leah said, arms folded. 

"If you pull that shit again, I will throw that book and your entire fucking bookshelf into that fire," Naomi warned. "Understand?" She demanded.

Nell's gaze lowered to her lap, and she nodded silently. The giantesses gave her one final warning look before returning to their seats. Annabelle fumed as she watched Nell awkwardly trace her finger across the book's cover.

She debated speaking up for her. From personal experience she knew butting in could sometimes make it worse. Still, Nell had been so excited to show her the book. 

"Where were we?" Harper started. She returned to her original position of laying on the couch. She placed Annabelle down in front of her like before. "Oh right! Your tummy is sssoo--"

Annabelle inhaled deeply, getting a whiff of Harper's vanilla scent. She exhaled and declared, "Goddess, I'd like to see Nell's book."

Harper's smile slowly faded as she realized what Annabelle asked for. She drooped her head and groaned. The giantess' groans shook the couch Annabelle stood on. The Shrinkee was a little nervous, but she couldn't stay silent. 

Leah popped her head up from her phone, "What's wrong?"

Harper sighed, blowing Annabelle's hair. She replied, "Poppy wants to see Penny's book."

The giantesses frowned, visibly annoyed and irritated, while Nell's face lit up with surprise.

"Really?" She asked, delight in her voice. She sat up in her chair, and started to rise. 

Naomi put her hand up. "Wait," she snapped at her sister. Nell flinched and slowly sat back down.

Naomi turned to the other giantesses. "What do we think?" She asked, resting her cheek against her fist.

Leah narrowed her eyes, "Do we really want her reading?"

Molly shrugged, "It's just the cover, she's not going to actually read anything from the book."

"That's how it starts," Leah retorted, "Next thing we know, she's going to be asking for books."

Annabelle didn't know why they had such a stick up their asses about letting her read, but seeing how Nell obviously wanted to show her the book, Annabelle was suddenly determined. 

"Goddess, I promise I won't ask for any books. I was just curious," Annabelle called up to Harper, giving her best pouty look.

Harper's face softened when she looked down at Annabelle. She petted Annabelle's head with a sigh.

The blonde turned to her roommates, "Guys let's just let her do it, I mean it's like the holidays."

Leah huffed and turned back to her phone, "Whatever, thirty seconds."

Nell wasted no time. She rushed over to the couch set the gigantic book in front of Annabelle. From the thundering foot steps to the sudden placement of the book, Annabelle fell on her butt.

"Be careful Penny," Harper snapped.

Nell cringed, "Sorry, are you okay?"

Annabelle nodded and gestured to the book, "Yeah, I'm fine, go ahead and tell me what it's about."

The teen giant smiled again, "Right, so it's called Ready SetFold—I know the title is kinda eh—but so far it's really good. It's about a divorcee who becomes one of the best female poker players in the world during the 1970's. I got it because of my paper! It deals with the whole theme of motherhood being conveyed by animals. The protagonist has a lucky tarantula that she takes to all of her games. I think it's supposed to represent the literal child that she gave away when she was teenager—"

"Okay that's enough," Harper stopped her. "My head is literally about to explode." She groaned, rubbing her temples. 

Annabelle smiled up at Nell, ignoring her blonde captor. "It sounds really interesting. Anyone who says school essays are useless has never gone back and checked their recommended list after their paper is finished," Annabelle grinned. 

Nell laughed, "Right? Before, my algorithm was giving me all bad fanfiction and teen romance novels."

"Isn't that the same thing?" Annabelle quipped. 

Nell laughed so hard she snorted. She covered her mouth as she broke down giggling. Annabelle couldn't help but laugh along. Annabelle was happy to see Nell lighten up. 

Before Annabelle knew what was happening, Harper snatched Nell's book and casually tossed it across the room. Annabelle's mouth dropped as the book landed with a thud and slid across the hardwood floor. The other giantesses snickered.

"That's enough," Harper declared. 

Nell's face turned red as she stood up to retrieve the book. Annabelle bristled at the teen's treatment. 

The Shrinkee glared up the blonde, "Goddess, why would you do that?"

Harper rested her palm in her chin as her elbows held her up. She pouted down at Annabelle.

"It's your fault, Poppy," she huffed, "Why don't you ever laugh with me? I shouldn't have to be a dork for us to have fun together." 

Annabelle swallowed down the insult that almost slipped from her mouth. Breathe in. Breathe out. Don't freak out.

Harper glowered at Nell as she trudged her way back to the arm chair after she picked up her book. Annabelle put aside all of her feelings. She needed to redirect Harper's attention away from her.

"Goddess," Annabelle said, brining Harper's eyes to her, "I love you okay? Just because I laughed with Nell doesn't mean I don't enjoy my time with you."

The bitterness on Harper's face melted away. "Oh Poppy," she whimpered. Although she anticipated it, Annabelle still grimaced when Harper plucked her up and unleashed dozens of kisses onto her tiny body. Vanilla cloaked all other scents. Harper's pink lips were all she could see and feel.

Annabelle's body hummed when Harper began to speak, "I love you so much Poppy." 

YOU DO NOT DESERVE OUR GODDESS' LIPS. YOU DARE BRING JEALOUSY TO HER HEART AFTER SHE HAS SHOWN US NOTHING BUT LOVE?

Annabelle, of course ignored Poppy, but she was right. She'd been careless. Harper had gotten jealous from a few innocuous photos of Oliver and Chloe, she should've known she would lose it watching Annabelle laugh with Nell. Still, it was difficult for Annabelle to ignore Nell. She saw so much of herself in her.

Naomi's muffled voiced tsked, "Harp, fucking calm down, do you know how long it took me to pick out her outfit?" 

Harper's lips unpuckered in front of Annabelle and pursed into a frown. "Fine whatever," she grumbled. Annabelle inhaled the air as Harper placed her back onto the couch.

Annabelle was regaining her composure when there was a knock at the door. 

"Come in," Molly ordered. 

The same Shrinkee servant woman entered into the room. She wore thick, protective latex gloves and carried a small plate. 

She walked over to the couch and presented the plate to Harper. Annabelle peered over and saw the single halved chocolate chip centered in the middle of the plate. 

"Here you are, young miss," the servant said softly. Annabelle noticed she wasn't making eye contact with the blonde. Her eyes were pointed towards the floor.

Harper grabbed the chocolate chip and scrutinized it between her fingers. Annabelle saw the servant woman tense.

"It's still kind of big," she noted. 

The servant woman trembled, but Harper simply broke the chip in half. Harper returned one of the halves of the chip onto the plate. The Shrinkee servant relaxed.

As Harper held the piece of chocolate in front of Annabelle. The Shrinkee bit into it. It was rich and sweet. Harper looked down at her adoringly. 

As Harper fed Annabelle, the Shrinkee servant announced to the room, "Young misses, your parents would like you to make your way to the Western Hall in five minutes."

The giantesses didn't give a verbal response to her. They were still scrolling on their phones. The servant woman looked slightly unnerved until Nell replied, "Sure, Lisa, we'll be down in five."

The Shrinkee woman, apparently named Lisa, gave Nell a smile and proceeded to head towards the door.

"Um, where do you think you're going?" Harper snapped.

Lisa flinched. She swallowed and plastered a nervous smile on her face, "The function will commence soon, young misses. It is protocol that I be outside of the designated radius—"

"Like, I don't give a crap," Harper barked, "You're literally holding Poppy's snack. Get back here and wait for her to finish."

Annabelle balled her hands into fists. Why was she using her as an excuse to torment the poor woman? Lisa swallowed again and nodded meekly. She trudged over to the couch and stood next to it, standing with the small plate in her gloved hands.

"I apologize young miss," she squeaked.

The other giantesses must've sensed a potential prey in the room, because they perked up at hearing Lisa's warbling voice. They finally put their phones away. They sat up, like someone had injected life into them. 

Leah tilted her head, feigning confusion, "What's the rush?"

Annabelle chewed her chocolate faster. She had to finish before Lisa was made a victim of their boredom. 

Lisa's small smile somehow stayed on her face, though Annabelle noticed her slight trembles. 

"As I said before, young misses, it is protocol—"

Naomi grinned like the Cheshire cat, "What's a bit of protocol compared to direct orders from your Mistresses?"

"I—" Lisa's voice cracked.

Shit. Shit. Shit. The second the giantesses saw tears, they wouldn't let her go. Annabelle took a large bite of the chocolate, finishing it. Her cheeks were bursting, but she needed to chew.

Harper warned, "Slow down Poppy, don't choke."

Annabelle focused on getting the chocolate down her throat. Why was it so damn thick?

"Guys," Nell chastised.

The giantesses ignored her completely. Molly smirked, "Why are you hurrying? The function may be beginning soon, but the main event isn't for another hour."

Annabelle didn't like the sound of that. Her brain had already put together the basic puzzle pieces of what was happening, but she refused to actively comprehend the events that were undoubtedly going to occur later on.   

"T-The protocol mandates all staff with HDD allow for a precautionary period to position themselves out of the radius of the stimulation device," she explained.

"Is that so?" Leah said, "An hour seems a bit...excessive, don't you think?"

Lisa began to stammer nervously. Annabelle gulped down the last of the chocolate in her mouth. With a gasp she announced, "Finished! I'm finished!" 

Harper, who had been looking down at her lovingly the entire time, patted her head. "Good girl, Poppy," she praised.

"We should get going, right?" Annabelle suggested, trying not to let her hear her desperation. 

Harper frowned, "You don't want the second piece?"

Annabelle shook her head, "No thank you Goddess! Goddess Naomi was right, I don't want to spoil my dinner."

Harper placed her palm onto the couch. Annabelle stepped onto it and crawled into the center of her palm. She braced herself as the giantess sat up. 

"Come on guys, Poppy is finished," she announced.

The other giantesses turned to Harper, slightly disappointed that they had been interrupted. They all stood up, stretching. 

Molly waved Lisa away, "Dismissed."

Lisa didn't waste the opportunity. She nodded frantically, "Yes young miss."  

She scurried out of the room. Annabelle sighed, relieved. She noticed Nell release a similar breath of relief. 

Harper walked over to the other giantesses. Annabelle was always a little more nervous when the giantesses wore heels. She was so high up.

The other giantesses loomed over her as they surrounded Harper's palm. They looked breath-taking done up in their holiday attire. It was in these moments when Annabelle understood how easily they were able to manipulate people. They were jaw-droppingly beautiful.

"Now Poppy," Leah started, "You already know what is going to happen soon, yes?"

Annabelle nodded solemnly. She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want to think about it.

Molly explained, "You don't have to do much for the first part, because you'll be in the necklace. But for the dinner we're going to need you to stay right by us."

Harper added, "None of that stuff like you did last time. No talking to them. No helping them. You need to learn your role. We're not like asking you to participate—"

"This time," Naomi inserted.

Harper nodded, "Right, but just watch and try to keep calm. Remember, you are not one of them."

"And if any of them tries to call out to you for help, then we'll just smash their bodies into nothing, so you don't have to make any difficult choices," Naomi assured.  

"Jesus, that's fucked," Annabelle heard Nell mutter, louder than she probably intended. 

The giantesses swung their heads to her, shooting her annoyed looks. Nell flinched at their sudden attention.

"Do you have something you'd like to add, Penny?" Leah snarked. 

Nell shook her head and lowered her gaze to her feet. The giantesses returned their attention back to Annabelle. 

"Now are you going to be a good girl for us?" Molly cooed.

Annabelle swallowed and looked up at the expectant faces of her captors. She nodded and replied, "Y-Yes, I will be a good girl."

The giantesses gushed over her answer, petting her and scratching underneath her chin. They cooed over her until Naomi pulled out a white crystal necklace from her bag. She placed it onto Harper's palm.

"All right, Poppy, get in," she ordered. Annabelle sucked in her breath and crawled into the crystal. The sounds around her were muffled as the giantess closed the top above her. 

Annabelle slid to the bottom as Naomi handed the crystal. She braced herself from Harper's movements as she fastened the crystal around her neck. Once it was fastened, the giantesses and Nell started heading towards the Western Hall. 

Annabelle listened to their heels clack against the beautiful white marble floors. The giantesses walked in unison, while Nell—who wore flats—struggled to keep up. 

The corridor was massive, with expensive looking artwork and sculptures displayed against the walls. Annabelle wondered how many properties the giantesses' families owned. 

Eventually the giantesses approached two grand doors. Two suits stood stationed on each side of the huge doors. One the suits spoke into his cuff when the giantesses drew near. Just as the giantesses reached the doors, one of them opened. Dr. Sano slithered through it, quickly closing the door behind her.

Annabelle's eyes were instantly drawn to the gorgeous woman. She wore a black dress with a slit. Her glasses were gone, revealing her beautiful brown eyes. Her expression turned stern when she saw the giantesses. 

"You're late, girls," she stated simply.

Naomi shrugged, "We're here now."

Dr. Sano gave her daughter a pointed look. "I shouldn't even let you in. We have a schedule for a reason," she lectured. 

"We apologize Dr. Sano," Molly offered, "We can assure you that we're prepared."

Dr. Sano looked over the giantesses with a raised eyebrow. "Organization?"

Leah answered, "The Foundation for the Betterment of People with HDD."

"Number of guests?" 

Harper replied, "76."

"How much are we donating?"

Naomi responded, "3 mil."

Dr. Sano relented with a sigh, "All right. Remember to spread out. Identify those who look a little skittish. Comfort them if you can. If you can't, notify one of Mr. Abbot's men."

"Are we playing with the Golden Goose this time?" Harper chirped. Annabelle could feel her heart pound. 

A small smile crossed Dr. Sano's lips. "Yes, we are." 

The giantesses turned to each and exchanged excited squeals.

Annabelle didn't know what the Golden Goose was, but she was sure it would be horrible. 

Dr. Sano turned around and the giantesses started to make the motions to go inside when Nell suddenly squeaked out, "I-I think I should stay back!"

Annabelle watched Dr. Sano's shoulders slump as she turned back around to face her daughter. The giantesses groaned with frustration. 

"Why?" Naomi exhaled deeply, "Why do you have to make everything so difficult?"

Nell balled her fists and she kept the gaze of the giantesses without looking down. Annabelle was oddly proud. She knew it took determination to stand up to her family.

Dr. Sano walked over to Nell and placed her hands gently on her shoulders. "What's wrong sweetheart?" She asked.

Nell bit her lip, "It's just, I don't know why we have to do this twice every year. I-It's not fun for me."

The giantesses rolled their eyes, but Dr. Sano replied, "This is not about having fun. This is about environmentalism—about preserving our world by controlling the population of these creatures that are taking up resources."    

Annabelle narrowed her eyes. "Fuck that," she spat. Just the four families alone were probably responsible for 3% of the world's pollution simply from the amount of private jets they owned. 

Annabelle could see the confidence in Nell die out. Still, the teen blurted out, "I was thinking that since Poppy probably doesn't want to see it either, we could just hang back in the room together."

Naomi's eyes widened. She started to storm over to her sister. "Are you fuck—"

Dr. Sano lifted a hand to stop her oldest daughter from jumping her youngest. Naomi bristled, but stayed back. 

Dr. Sano sighed, "Listen Penelope, you are eighteen now. You are an adult. You can no longer hide away in your room. Whether you like it or not, you are a part of this family—and so is Poppy for that matter. Now you are going to mingle and talk to at least one guest tonight." 

Nell deflated, but did not argue against her mother. Annabelle still thought the teen was brave for even suggesting it in the first place. 

Dr. Sano strutted in front of the young women and turned around with a large grin that unsettled Annabelle.

"Smile girls, we're saving the world," she commanded. 

The giantesses and Nell plastered wide smiles onto their faces. Annabelle cringed. It was going to be a long night. The suit opened the doors and the giantesses sauntered through. 

Annabelle was overwhelmed by her surroundings. The banquet hall had dazzling chandeliers that hung from the high ceiling. Tables were scattered around the hall decorated with golden table cloths and elaborate center pieces. Annabelle did take note that there were very few chairs.  

The hall was humming with life. People in fancy attire mingled and laughed as they drank wine and snacked on hors d'oeuvres as the servants scurried around the room.

They all seemed to shift their focus on the doors as the giantesses' glided into the room. Their eyes drank up the giantesses, mesmerized by their beauty.

So quick that Annabelle would've missed it if she'd blinked, the giantesses exchanged knowing glances before they broke off and mingled with the guests. 

Harper practically skipped over to a table where older men stood around laughing and chatting. As Harper approached, Annabelle was suddenly meeting the gaze of the men at the table. Their eyes instinctively lowered to Harper's cleavage.

"Hello!" Harper greeted cheerfully, "Are you all having a good time?"

"Yes," a balding man with glasses replied. He pulled his eyes from the blonde's chest. "And you are...?"

"Harper Abbot, my daddy is the CEO of Abbot securities," she introduced herself.

Annabelle may have imagined it, but when Harper mentioned her father, the other men quickly lifted their eyes away from her breasts.

"Ah," the blading man nodded, "Yes, your father told me about you. You attend Queenston University, right?"

Annabelle felt Harper nod, "Yup, I'm studying Communications."

Annabelle paused. She realized that she hadn't known what the giantesses were actually in school for. 

Another man at the table inserted, "That's very impressive, Queenston is a remarkable school."

Harper nodded again, "I really like it."

The man with the glasses noted, "It is tragic; however, the deaths of so many youths."

The other man gazed at Harper with concern, "That must've been so upsetting for it to have happened to your classmates."

Annabelle buried her head in her hands and groaned. She knew these men were doomed, but she wished they could figure out the truth before it was too late.

"It was horrible," Harper agreed, "But our campus has a way of like pulling ourselves together. We still remember those were died in the accident every day though."

Annabelle's stomach flipped. She couldn't sit in the crystal and watch these predators tease a room full of prey. 

The man with the glasses nodded somberly. There was a moment of sadness before he mentioned, "I heard your parents donated to build a memorial garden in their honor."

"It's the least we can do," Harper insisted, "People with HDD like already go through so much—"

"Jack and Jill went up a hill, to catch a pail of water!" Annabelle screamed. She slammed her hands against her ears and shut her eyes. 

She could no longer witness it any longer. She shouted out the rest of the nursery rhyme to drown out the giantess' bullshit. After two more nursery rhymes, Annabelle finally felt Harper move. Annabelle shook with each gigantic step the giantess took. Using the opportunity to check out her surroundings, Annabelle scanned the hall. 

She was instantly able to locate the giantesses. They were too eye-catching not to notice. They were scattered across the hall, laughing and making polite conversation with the guests. 

Annabelle struggled not to puke up the chocolate chip she'd eaten. It was so unfair.

Annabelle caught of glimpse of Nell, who looked uncomfortable, but was surprisingly speaking with a boy around their age. Annabelle exhaled. She really didn't want Nell to do something she'd regret. A fearful thought crossed Annabelle's mind. 

What if Nell didn't regret it?

She was a blood member of their families after all. What if after tonight, she fully joined the genocide train?

Annabelle shuddered and pushed the thought down. She needed this night to be over.

Harper continued to walk around, catching the eyes of everyone near her. Annabelle wondered where she was headed, when she saw a blonde head near another table. 

Commissioner Abbot gave a dazzling smile to the people at the table she was conversing with. Next to her, General Abbot was laughing and slapping the back of one of the guests. 

Their smiles grew wider when they noticed their daughter approaching. 

"Ah baby, you made it," the General grinned.

Annabelle was tossed into the crystal's walls as Harper hugged both of her parents. 

"You look amazing, sweetheart," the commissioner praised. 

"Thank you Mom," Harper said, "I hope you don't mind, I borrowed your earrings."

The Commissioner's eyes fell onto what were probably the earrings Harper wore. Her gigantic arm stretched over Annabelle as she went to caress the jewelry. 

"They look much better on you, baby," she smiled. 

Her eyes lowered to Annabelle. The Shrinkee flinched as the giantess' eyes pierced into her. Her eyes adopted a more mischievous glint. The commissioner's manicured hand reached out and rubbed the crystal gently. Annabelle's vision was covered by the commissioner's massive thumb pressing against the crystal.

"You have such amazing taste, sweetheart," she purred.

"Like, don't I?" Harper giggled. Annabelle narrowed her eyes. The commissioner finally released her giant hands from the neckwear.

Harper gasped, painfully fake, and turned to the group of people standing around the table. "I'm being like so rude, I didn't mean to interrupt your conversation." 

One of the women shook her head energetically, "Oh no dear, we were just telling your parents how much we appreciate their extremely generous donation to the foundation."

Annabelle jumped as Harper's gigantic hands clasped together. "We're just happy that we can help in any way. I was like really devastated when that horrible bus accident killed all of my amazing classmates—"

Annabelle physically turned away from the conversation. It was sickening. Though her new perspective allowed her to see Governor Windsor talking to a bald man with a mustache. They seemed to be in an intense discussion. Annabelle wished Harper would get closer so she could hear.

The Shrinkee's prayers were answered when Harper waved down and walked over to a servant who stood right next to the governor. Harper hummed while she perused over the various hors d'oeuvres on the servant's platter. Annabelle leaned against the crystal's walls, attempting to better hear. 

She caught the mustached man's indignant voice declare, "I've been working with several legislators to get that bill of the ground."

Governor Windsor took a sip of his wine, before inquiring, "The Registration Restructure Act?"

The mustached man nodded. He snarled, "You know how the balls of politicians shrink whenever they hear about any bill dealing with people with HDD. Just getting the legislator's to meet me to talk about the damn thing has been a hard fight. This isn't even about creating punitive legislation for people who abuse Shrinkees, it's just stitching an open wound that's been bleeding out for years. It's common sense legislation!" 

The governor nodded, "It's always been a half-baked law. It definitely needs reforming. I promise that when I'm re-elected—"

Harper began to walk away with her hors d'oeuvres. Annabelle groaned aloud. She wanted to hear more. Although she was certain Governor Windsor was full of shit, the legislation they were discussing poked Annabelle's interest. 

The current registration system for Shrinkees whose HDD had triggered and had thus shrunken was essentially "finders keepers". 

If someone registered them at a governmental office and was willing to pay taxes for the Shrinkee, then the registration process would be started. There was; however, two stipulations that would determine the Shrinkee's registration status: any disputes from the Shrinkee's family, and to a lesser extent, any disputes from the Shrinkee themselves. 

The kicker was in most disputed cases, the Shrinkee more often than not went to the "finder". It was mostly due to the bigoted nature of the nation and the nation's justice system. It favored Non-Shrinkees over Shrinkees any day of the year. 

The only instance in which law enforcement acted swiftly was when registered Shrinkees were stolen from the people they were registered under. The Shrinkee's welfare wasn't much concern for the system. They typically took the word of Non-Shrinkees over Shrinkees. 

Annabelle knew that if she imprinted, which ever giantess she imprinted on would easily get by with a quick excuse as to why she had a Shrinkee that was previously reported dead. Even if the giantesses hadn't been wealthy or had connections, there wouldn't be many follow up questions to their excuse.

It was the way of the world. 

Annabelle found Foundations like The Betterment of People with HDD naïve. They could try to change the system all they wanted, but it was no use. Annabelle had learned that at ten years old when her sister's killer had been given a slap on the wrist. 

There was no justice for Shrinkees. 

WHY CONCERN YOURSELF WITH THE PLIGHT OF THE LESSER SPECIES?

"Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candle stick!" Annabelle shouted, closing her eyes. Bullshit. It was all bullshit.

She couldn't wait for the night to be over and she could just ignore what was undoubtedly going to be another piece for her trauma collection.

After hearing Harper talk to yet another person about the "tragedy at Queenston," Annabelle leaned her head back and rolled her eyes. Nursey rhymes it was. 

Annabelle closed her eyes and recited nursey rhymes over and over until her throat became dry. As she spoke, she would feel Harper walking around. She sometimes heard the various bullshit platitudes and conversations over her nursery rhymes, but she tried to block them out.

After some time had passed, a masculine voice echoed throughout the hall. Annabelle recognized it instantly. 

The governor's voice boomed through the microphone. Annabelle followed the voice to a raised platform. Governor Windsor stood on the stage in a black suit. For a second, Annabelle was distracted by his good looks. He truly was his daughter's father. Above his square jaw, a charismatic grin was displayed for the entire banquet hall to see. 

"If I can I have your attention," Governor Windsor called. The bustling conversation turned into quiet murmurs.

He smiled, "I would first and foremost like to thank you all for choosing to spend your holidays with us. As some of you know, our non-profit organization, The Better Society Association, was created by a group of my friends and I in college. We all had big dreams and we swore that if we were put in a position to do so, we wouldn't horde our money like so many our peers—we would give back to worthy causes. Thankfully we were able to realize our goals, and through our successes we have been able to donate over 32 million dollars throughout the years to various charities and non-profits."

The room burst into applause. Annabelle's stomach turned. She wanted to look away, but she was discovering new information that could be useful.

The governor continued, "Tonight we will be lifting up another worthy cause: The Foundation for the Betterment of People with HDD."

The room erupted into cheers. Annabelle rubbed her face. The night was never going to end. She was sure she'd be having nightmares about this for a while.

"The Foundation for the Betterment of People with HDD has assisted countless people with HDD find housing, affordable schooling, and healthcare. You all have tirelessly worked to lift up the most disenfranchised of our society, and for that, I applaud you," the governor praised.

Balancing the microphone in is hand, the governor led the room to applaud once more.

His grin grew wider, "Now if you all could come towards the stage, we have a little something special for you. I know you're hungry—trust me so am I—but this will take only a moment."

The crowd burst into laughter as they made their way to the stage. Dread began creeping up into Annabelle. Breathe in. Breathe out. Don't freak out.

Harper moved forward, but she stayed back a distance from the crowd. Annabelle saw the other members of the families had also positioned themselves behind all sides of the crowd. Annabelle wrung her wrists. She had flashbacks to when the giantesses had sat themselves evenly between the Shrinkees during the therapy session in order to ensure no one escaped. 

Annabelle had a bad feeling back then, and she was experiencing similar feelings as she saw a crowd of Shrinkees position themselves to be slaughtered.

After the crowd was situated near the stage, the governor said into the microphone, "I'd like to call Mike Richards up here."

The crowd went wild, clapping and whistling as the bald man with the mustache who the governor had spoken to earlier made his way up to the stage.

"You guys of course know your fearless leader, Mike," Governor Windsor announced. The crowd cheered again. 

"Now here's just some of the things Mike had accomplished in his years as President of this foundation—"

Annabelle was surprised when Harper suddenly turned from the stage. The Shrinkee held the crystal's walls so she wouldn't bang into them. Annabelle was confused by Harper's sudden movement until she saw what the blonde was facing. 

In one of the banquet's corners, Nell was chatting with the same boy from before. They looked engrossed in their conversation. Annabelle even saw Nell smile, while the boy laughed.

As Harper strutted in their direction, Annabelle hoped the night wouldn't be too traumatizing for Nell. 

The two must've been having a riveting conversation, because neither noticed Harper until she spoke.

"You don't want to miss the surprise, you two," she chirped. Both teens jumped, startled by Harper's sudden appearance. Annabelle caught the threat in Harper's voice, and based on Nell's pale expression, she did too.

The teen boy shrugged, "I don't really need to see my dad get another plaque." 

"Oh, it's like totally more than like a plaque. It's literally so amazing. Tell him Penny," Harper insisted. 

Nell flinched. She looked between the teen boy and Harper.

Annabelle swallowed. Her eyes were glued on Nell.

The teen plastered on an awkward half smile an nodded, "Yeah, it's...really cool."

Annabelle's heart sank. Logically, Annabelle knew there was no winning in the situation. There was nothing Nell could do. Still, she couldn't help but be disappointed. 

The boy shrugged with a smile, "All right, then let's get closer I guess. But you got my hopes up. If it's not a yacht I'm going to be pretty bummed." He started walking towards the crowd.

"Oh it's much better than a yacht," Harper giggled. Annabelle caught Nell give Harper a fierce glare. 

If Harper saw her glare, she didn't show it. 

The three joined the crowd, with Harper back in her original spot, and Nell standing behind the teenager. 

The governor was still vamping the crowd, "And we can assure you that we have hired photographers to commiserate this event. In this day in age I understand the mental and emotional toll it must've taken on you all to leave your phones and devices at home, but the pilots of the private jets that traveled you here appreciate you for not making everyone fish food."

The crowd laughed at the governor's bad joke. Annabelle gritted her teeth, knowing exactly why there were no phones allowed on the island. 

The governor cleared his throat, "Well enough formalities. All right, bring it out!" He announced. 

The crowd murmured with excitement as a suit rolled a moving podium onto the stage. It was covered in a white sheet.

Mike Richards grinned curiously at the large podium. He said something that Annabelle couldn't hear from the back of the crowd.

The governor laughed into the microphone. "No guesses Mike," he chuckled, "Just enjoy the moment."

Annabelle clenched her fists. She loathed them all. 

"Now Mike, I may have told a little fib," the Governor said, "This surprise isn't just for you, it's for all of your employees too!"

The crowd erupted. They whooped and jumped with excitement. Annabelle felt physically sick. She'd wished Nell would've been successful with convincing her mother to let them stay back in the room.

She didn't want to be a witness to this.

The governor beamed at the crowd, "We just wanted to give you something that will help the betterment of our society." He inhaled, "Now on the count of three, I want you all yell 'Happy Thanksgiving!'"

"One," The governor said. He walked over to the podium.

"Two," he gripped the sheet with his free hand.

"Three," he yanked the sheet from the podium.

For the second time in her life, Annabelle saw a working HDD stimulation device. Mike Richards' huge smile dropped as he looked at device. 

But it wasn't until the crowd yelled "Happy Thanksgiving!" did the horror shine in his eyes.

Annabelle stared at his face until her vision was taken away from her. Static buzzed around in her head, piercing through her brain. Unlike the first time she'd been a victim to the HDD stimulation device, Annabelle wasn't deafened by screams. It was strangely quiet. 

Then she heard it.

Quiet little hums of terror. Annabelle still had not regained her vision, but she knew their plan had worked.

Governor Windsor no longer spoke into the microphone, but Annabelle was still able to hear the smirk in his voice. 

"Shall we begin?"


--


Annabelle was going to need more trauma training. She found it hilarious—in a utterly tragic way—how Steven wanted her to unpack her trauma, but every day with the giantesses provided her with a new traumatic experience to mentally struggle over.

That what was going through her mind when she was face to face with an older Shrinkee woman who desperately clung onto the outside of the crystal, as Harper munched on several people from above. Harper's manic giggles made it difficult to maintain a grip. 

Annabelle weakly placed her hand against the crystal's wall, where the woman's hand was. She knew the woman couldn't see her, but she'd hoped she somehow felt that she wasn't alone.

The woman began to lose her grip when Harper's manicured nails plucked her up before she fell. She could hear the Shrinkee's screams through the crystal. When the screams stopped, Annabelle knew she was gone. 

Small droplets of blood dripped on the crystal from above. Annabelle grimaced.

Harper was a messy eater.

Annabelle cradled her legs and resumed the fetal position. Outside of the crystal was mayhem. The giants were eating, crushing, tearing apart Shrinkees in masses. 

Annabelle could feel something within her start to mentally slip away, but she couldn't pull her eyes from the scenes in front of her.

Harper's parents were slurping both ends of a Shrinkee man like he was a string of spaghetti. His intestines spread out between their lips. They chewed and slurped him until their lips met. 

To the right of them Naomi and Molly were playing a game. Molly threw a Shrinkee in the air and Naomi tried to catch them in her mouth. Annabelle didn't know who was off worse—the Shrinkees who made it into Naomi's mouth or the Shrinkees who splattered into nothing onto the floor.

Annabelle remembered the whiplash she received from the suddenness intensity of the terror she felt on the night she was shrunken. She felt for her people. She just hoped their deaths were swift.

Harper turned around and began abruptly stomping sporadically. Annabelle glanced down, but she couldn't see past Harper's breasts. Based on Harper's footfalls, the blonde was attempting to scare some Shrinkees on the floor. 

Annabelle swung with the necklace's momentum. She had to look up or else she would get dizzy. As she looked away, Annabelle noticed something strange from her peripheral. Dr. Sano was plucking Shrinkees from the floor. A servant stood next to her with a clear plastic box. One by one, Dr. Sano dropped them into the box. 

Annabelle leaned against the crystal and peered out at Dr. Sano. "Shit," Annabelle breathed. There was no doubt in Annabelle's mind that the Shrinkees were headed to Dr. Sano's lab. Even from her distance, Annabelle could see the panic in the Shrinkees' movements. They scurried all around the box. 

Annabelle looked around desperately, there truly was no one to help them. The servant that held the box wore the same dead eyed blank expression all of the servants wore when they weren't being actively tormented by their masters. 

After she collected around ten of them, Dr. Sano placed a top on the box and sent the servant out of the room. Annabelle slammed her palm against the crystal's wall. 

"Fuck!" She hissed. She was so useless. 

Annabelle slumped to her behind and leaned her head against the wall. She listlessly watched the giants murder dozens of people in barbaric ways. 

From Mrs. Gates' tearing the limbs from Shrinkees one by one, to Mr. Sano and Mr. Gates essentially playing catch with Shrinkees as the balls, Annabelle was surrounded by chaotic evil.

There were only three exceptions to the violence.

Leah and her father stood on the stage. Earlier she'd seen Governor Windsor grab Mr. Richards. Annabelle couldn't see Mr. Richards, but both Leah and Governor Windsor were speaking to someone in Governor Windsor's hand. It was safe to assume they were going for a more psychological form of torture.

Annabelle, who had been on the receiving end of several of their psychotic speeches, shuddered to think what they could be saying to Mr. Richards. She was surprised he was still conscious.  

The only other person in the room who was not actively tormenting Shrinkees was Nell. She stood in the corner with her hands behind her back. Her eyes were glued to the floor. Annabelle was relieved to see she hadn't succumbed to the evil ways of her family.  

Annabelle found herself laughing bitterly at the relief she felt from Nell's lack of murderous tendencies. 

Her expectations could not have been lower.


------


"Congratulations honored guests, you've survived!" 

Rage and dread consumed Annabelle. She watched the governor clasp his hands together at his cheerful declaration. 

The giants had relocated to a luxurious dinning room, away from the bloodstained banquet hall in which they had committed the massacre. 

The giants all sat around the beautifully decorated table. Their plates were full of the most delicious and elaborate dishes Annabelle had ever seen. A dark red wine filled their glasses in front of them. In front of each of their plates were three Shrinkees, wide eyed and terrified. Annabelle sat in between Harper and Commissioner Abbot, by Harper's plate. 

Annabelle was having flashbacks to the first dinner she had with the giantesses' families. Her hands were sweaty. She knew these people would die tonight.

As she wallowed, she had a sensation that she was being watched. She looked up at the usual suspects, but the giantesses' eyes were on the governor. She glanced around the table until she locked eyes with the source. A Shrinkee boy who looked to be around her age, was unabashedly staring at her. He had long black hair and sun kissed skin.

He stared at her with shock and pure confusion. Annabelle was equally confused, as she had never seen the boy in her life, but his eyes were glued to her. 

She looked away and prayed that he would too, or else he was going to get himself killed—even sooner than the giants planned. 

The governor continued his speech, "I would just like to commend you Shrinkees on making it this far, not everyone does—well I don't have to tell you that." He chuckled at his own joke, and the giants—sans Nell—joined in. 

He added, with a smirk, "I hope you all enjoy your final Thanksgiving." He looked down at the Shrinkees at his plate—at one particular Shrinkee. 

With a wide grin, Governor Windsor asked, "Would you like to add anything, Mike?" 

Mr. Richards didn't move. He just stared blankly at the tablecloth beneath him. 

"Well on that note," the governor said, raising his glass, "Happy Thanksgiving!"

"Happy Thanksgiving!" The giants toasted around the table. Almost all of them drank generous helpings of their wine. 

Nell, who sat across from Harper didn't make a move. She had been staring at her lap the entire time.

Dr. Sano nodded to her daughter's glass, "Drink your wine, sweetheart."

Nell looked up from her lap with wide eyes, "B-But I'm underage."

Naomi, who was on the other side of her, rolled her eyes, "We're on our island, idiot. There are no drinking laws."

Annabelle knew that wasn't true. Depending on what territory the island fell into, inhabitants of private islands still had to abide by their laws. So if they did something illegal, for example—massacring dozens of people—just because they did it from their private island didn't mean they would get off scot-free.

But no one told Nell that, so the teen anxiously drank her wine. 

"Shall we get started?" Governor Windsor smiled.

"Wait," Leah suddenly inserted, "Who has the Golden Goose?"

The giants turned to each other with curious expressions. 

Mr. Gates noted, "That's right. Did no one find it?"

Annabelle flinched as Harper suddenly pouted, "I didn't find it, even though I like checked soooo many Shrinkees. 

Commissioner Abbot's arm extended far above Annabelle. She patted her daughter's head. "There's always next year, baby," she assured.

Mrs. Gates raised an eyebrow, "Reina, could you have accidently taken it when you were collecting specimen for your lab?"

Dr. Sano shook her head, "No, I was extremely careful. If I had found it, I would've been very vocal. I've been wanting to expand my lab, and Haruma has been very tight with our budget."

Mr. Sano, "Yeah honey, because if I let you buy every laser you wanted, we'd have to take one of the girls out of college," he joked.

Molly frowned, "So then who has the Golden Goose?"

Annabelle glanced around the table, until she realized what had happened. Her heart sank. It wouldn't be long before others figured it out.

As if on cue, Harper gasped, "Penny!"

Nell flinched. Her face was pale. Everyone turned to the youngest member at the table.

"W-What?" Nell stammered. Annabelle cringed. God, she had a horrible poker face.

"The boy you were talking to earlier, where is he?" Harper demanded. 

"I-I stepped on him," Nell said, flustered. 

Naomi sneered at her sister, "Liar, you couldn't kill him did you? You're so embarrassing."

"Naomi, enough," Mr. Sano chided. He turned to his youngest daughter, "Baby, you know that you can't just keep one, right? We have a whole system."

Nell sputtered, "I-I swear Dad, I don't have him."

Molly shook her head, "Why would you even hide the Golden Goose anyway, Penny? I'd thought you would've used it to ask for another library."

"Or a friend," Naomi jeered. 

"Naomi!" Dr. Sano snapped. The punk-rock giantesses placed her hands up in submission, but it was undercut by the smirk she wore.

"Can we just eat?" Nell said, rubbing her eyes. 

"Not until we find the Golden Goose," Dr. Sano insisted. 

"Baby..." Mr. Sano prodded his youngest. 

Nell bit her lip. Her teary eyes met Annabelle's. Annabelle slowly shook her head. "Don't," she mouthed. 

Nell looked down at her lap again. "I'm sorry," she muttered. Annabelle's heart sank. Nell reached down, presumably to her shoe. After a bit of rustling, she pulled out the boy she'd been speaking to during the banquet. However, his entire body was covered in what looked like gold spray paint.

She lay him on the table, where he rolled onto his back, gulping for air. 

Down the table, Mike Richards perked up at the sight of his son. "Kyle! Kyle!" He screamed. He started to get up to his feet. The governor's huge hand plucked him up, and dragged him closer to him. 

"None of that, Mike," he said.

Mr. Richards obeyed him, but looked longingly towards his son.

Dr. Sano loomed over Kyle. She yawned as she looked down at him. The Shrinkee yelped at seeing a ginormous open mouth. 

"Thank you for doing the right thing sweetie. I was afraid the paint I used didn't react to the simulation device," Dr. Sano said through another yawn. 

Annabelle was putting together the pieces in her head. They must've tagged each person with invisible spray paint before they arrived at the banquet. Then the stimulation device would probably reveal the color once it was powered on. Annabelle wondered how many people they could be helping if they devoted their energy and science to less insane and evil behavior. 

Nell continued to rub her eyes, "Can I keep him?"

Mr. Sano frowned, "Baby, you know that's not how it works."

Nell grimaced, "So only Naomi can have a Shrinkee?"

The giantesses exploded at that. The Shrinkees on the table recoiled from the loud shouting.

"Are you seriously comparing Poppy to that disgusting bug?" Leah snapped.

Surprisingly, Nell fought back, "You found her in the exact same way I found Kyle."

"Did you get dropped on your head as a baby?" Naomi spat.

Annabelle looked back and forth between the giantesses and their parents who attempted to calm them down. Annabelle still couldn't believe these immature co-eds had been the ones who ruined her life.

"Commander."

Annabelle jumped back as the boy who had been staring at her was suddenly inches away from her face.

"Fucking Jesus shit," she hissed. She hadn't noticed him at all. 

She quickly looked up at Harper. Thankfully she was too engrossed in yelling at Nell to pay any attention to the interloper.

"Are you trying to get yourself killed? Go back," Annabelle hissed desperately. 

The boy continued to look at her, confused. "Commander why are you here? I thought you said—" He interrupted himself when he suddenly glanced down. "Commander your arm! How did—"

Annabelle covered the loud boy's mouth. "Shut up," she hissed. "Get back before they notice you."

Annabelle froze when she felt eyes on her. She looked up to see Harper staring directly at her. Dread rose within her. She quickly turned to the boy, "Stay absolutely quiet. I'll get you out of this."

The boy removed her hand from his mouth, "No, Commander look, it's okay."

Annabelle wondered what the boy who seemed to have a death wish was talking about. She braced herself, and looked up. Instead of indignant anger, Harper's eyes were drooping. 

Annabelle blinked, utterly confused. It was only then that she noticed the room had gone quiet. She looked around the table and all of the giants were unconscious. They were all slumped over in their chairs. Harper slowly raised her hand towards Annabelle. She muttered a final, "Poppy..." before her hand fell and her eyes closed.

"W-Wha..." Annabelle breathed. 

The Shrinkee boy grabbed her arm, "Come on Commander, we don't have much time." 

Annabelle allowed herself to be led by the Shrinkee. She was too stunned to form full sentences.

"H...How—Wha..." 

The Shrinkee boy looked at her, concerned. He asked, "Are you okay Commander?" He scrunched up his face as he looked her up and down, "And what are you wearing?" 

"Umm," Annabelle started, trying to get her thoughts in order. She didn't even know where to begin, "Who—"

The Shrinkee boy stopped her when he got to the center of the table. He turned to Annabelle, "Do you want to take this one Commander or should I?"

Annabelle stared blankly up at him, "What are you—"

The Shrinkee boy shrugged, "Fine, I'll do it." He cupped his hands around his mouth, "Attention people! We are here to help! You need to move fast if you want to make it out here alive! Please follow me!" He shouted. 

After a moment of hesitation, the remaining Shrinkees all crowded around the Shrinkee boy. They looked as confused as Annabelle felt.

The Shrinkee boy addressed them all, "My name is Byte, and this is my Commander," he said, gesturing to Annabelle, who stood there, wondering if she was dreaming. "We are with the Shrinkee Resistance and we are here to help you. Now, I know you are scared, but I need you to channel that fear into adrenaline, because we need to really haul ass. The first thing I need you to do is push one of these asshole's glasses off of the table," he ordered.

A woman from the crowd blurted out anxiously, "Won't that wake them up?"

Byte shook his head, "They're dossed with the heavy stuff. They won't be getting up for a while."

Annabelle could not believe this was really happening. She glanced at Leah at the end of the table. She half expected her to open her eyes at any second.

"But we need to move fast so get to work!" He ordered.

The crowd of Shrinkees ran over to Nell's glass. Before Annabelle could get his attention, Byte called out, 

"It is imperative that I speak to Mike Richards and Agent X."

He turned to Annabelle with a toothy grin, "I did good, right? I practiced saying that on the entire way here." 

"Uh—"

Mr. Richards tentatively walked over to Byte, followed by his still golden colored son. A man with a beard and a shaved head also approached. 

Mr. Richards nervously asked, "What do you want with me?"

Byte grasped Mr. Richards' hand with both of his hands. He shook it enthusiastically, "Nice to meet ya sir! I really appreciate you for the work you're doing for our people."

Mr. Richards looked taken aback, "You're going to get us out of here, son?"

Byte nodded, "Sure am, you're Priority One for this op. In fact..." His eyes fell on the man with the beard, "Agent X?"

The man nodded. He looked a little unnerved, "Yes, I was told you would be meeting us here for transport." He paused before adding, "You cut it a little close."

Byte shook his head, "No, we needed to let them think they had nothing to worry about. They needed to be unguarded." He turned to Mr. Richards, "This man is your personal shield. Stick by him. We need you to survive, so please try to keep up with him."

Mr. Richards' jaw dropped slightly. His eyes widened, "M-Mr. Sanders? I just hired you a few months ago." 

Agent X's expression remained stoic, "I apologize for the deception sir, but I could not reveal my true mission."

Mr. Richards' son piped up, "Which is?"

"To protect your father against a possible conspiracy to assassinate him," Agent X answered.

"What?" Mr. Richards cried.

"Don't worry," Byte chirped, "The Commander and I won't let anything happen to ya."

Annabelle winced at Byte's words. She opened her mouth to finally explain, but Agent X beat her to it.

"This, is your Commander?" He furrowed his brow, "She's...younger than I expected."

Byte's expression turned dark, "She's saved my life more times than I can count. She's the one who came up with this plan, and she's the reason you're all still alive. And from this moment, she's your Commander too!"

"No I'm not!" Annabelle finally blurted. 

Byte looked at her, perplexed. He began to ask, "What—"

The sound of glass shattering forced everyone's attention to the edge of the table. The other Shrinkees had successfully pushed the glass onto the floor. 

"O-Oh okay," Byte said obviously overwhelmed, still looking at the spot where the glass had been. He turned to Annabelle with uncertainty, "Give me a second, okay?"

Annabelle ran her hands through her hair, stressed. "Yeah," Annabelle said, equally unsure of where her fate would land.

Byte beckoned to the crowd, "Everyone head to the end of the table." Not knowing what else to do, Annabelle followed the crowd towards the table's end. As they walked, she watched the unconscious bodies of the giants. She could not believe someone had actually bested them. Annabelle felt as though she were outside of her body. It didn't seem real, but she was forcing herself to go through the motions.

As they came to the end of the table, the dinning room door tentatively opened. A servant slipped through the door. His expression revealed trepidation and worry. His slight body squeezed through the crack in the door he opened. The servant held an white cake box in his arms. He balanced a wine bottle on top of the box. 

The small crowd of Shrinkees stepped back nervously as the servant set the box down onto the table. He opened the cake box, revealing its lack of contents.

The servant looked back at the door, anxiously. He turned to the table, "Please hurry," he urged. 

Byte, still seemingly shaken, took a moment before ordering, "All right everyone, into the box!" The Shrinkees only hesitated for a moment before rushing into the box.

Annabelle saw Mr. Richards take a step towards the box. Byte placed a hand on his shoulder to stop him. 

He shook his head, "We're using a different method to get to where we need to go." 

The Shrinkees filed into the box while Mr. Richards, his son, Agent X, Byte and Annabelle stayed back. As they all crowded into the box, Annabelle's eyes kept finding their way back to the giantesses. 

They were absolutely still, the only movement belonged to their chests moving up and down. Annabelle's brain didn't let her believe it. It had to be trap or some kind of test. 

"Commander," Byte called to her. He stood in front of the wine bottle's opening. The bottle was set on its side and apparently empty. Mr. Richards was wiggling his way into the bottle.

Annabelle bit down on her lip as she glanced back at the giantesses. 

DO NOT BETRAY OUR GODDESSES. 

Annabelle grew more resolute. If Poppy was against her leaving, then it probably was the right decision.    

Annabelle followed him to the bottle. She bent down so she could crawl inside, but Byte stopped her.

Bashfully he said, "Can you actually go after me? Your skirt is a little..." 

Annabelle looked down and realized that she'd be mooning Byte if she crawled in front of him with the insanely short skirt the giantesses had dressed her in.

Annabelle's cheeks grew warm. It wasn't too often that someone other than the giantesses bore witness to the provocative clothing she wore. She was just thankful the outfit she was in was one of the more modest ones. 

Byte didn't waste any more time. He crawled through the wine's opening. Annabelle gave one final glance towards the giantesses and followed the Shrinkee boy. 

Annabelle was surprised to find that the bottle didn't smell like wine at all. It was clean of any alcohol. 

Annabelle followed Byte through the wine bottle's short bottle neck. When she reached the larger bottom of the bottle, she was met with the others. 

She found herself sliding as the wine bottle suddenly turned upright. Her head smacked directly into the glass floor of the bottle. Annabelle winced, but otherwise brushed the pain off. She heard several gasps from the others.

When she was upright again, she saw everyone was staring at her with concerned, wide eyes. 

"C-Commander are you okay?" Byte demanded. 

Annabelle straightened out her clothing, "Uh, yeah?"

She then realized that anyone other then a Type 0 Shrinkee would've been severely injured from a hit on the head. 

Byte looked like he wanted to follow up with more questions, but the bottle began to move again. Annabelle's stomach lurched as they were lifted up onto the cake box filled with the Shrinkees. She looked up and saw the servant fasten a bottle cap onto the wine bottle. Annabelle hopped he put holes in it for them to breathe.

"Where are we going?" Kyle asked. 

Byte turned from Annabelle and faced the teen, "Somewhere safe."

Mr. Richards frowned, "You can't be more specific?"

Byte shook his head, "Nope, I really can't. We don't give out information like that, just in case we get found out."

Mr. Richards and his son paled. Byte corrected himself quickly, "We won't get caught, but it's protocol that we don't give out any unnecessary info, right Commander?"

Annabelle couldn't take it any longer. She blurted out, "I'm not your Commander!"

Byte stared at her with concerned eyes. Guilt panged Annabelle. She felt as though she'd just yelled at a puppy. Byte slid closer to her.

"Are you undercover or something?" He whispered. 

Annabelle looked him in his brown eyes, "I am not your Commander. I think you have me confused with someone else."

Byte furrowed his brow, "Commander I—"

Agent X interjected, "Then who are you? I made sure to familiarize myself with the identity of each and every employee. I don't recognize you." He scowled at Annabelle.

Mr. Richards also looked at her with suspicion, "He's right, I've never seen you before." 

Annabelle hesitated. She didn't know what the best path forward was. She could lie, but she couldn't think of anything that would explain her presence. If she told the truth, they would just suspect her like the other Shrinkees had when she first visited the giantesses' parents.  

Thankfully, she was bailed out by the servant finally moving. Everyone in the bottle steadied themselves to avoid being tossed around. 

The servant quickly maneuvered his way out the door by balancing the wine on the box with one hand and opening the door with the other.

He slid through the door with the same tentativeness he had when he first come into the room. Annabelle peered out the bottle and saw the same two suits guarding the door. They didn't react when the servant passed by them. 

Annabelle wondered what the servant's cover was. The giantesses' families seemed to function like a well oiled machine. Annabelle suspected that whatever coordinated plan Byte's "resistance" had cooked up, had to have been thoroughly planned.

The Shrinkee watched the servant scurry through the halls of the mansion. Annabelle wished he would've acted less jumpy, but she figured he probably wanted to get his task over with. Annabelle noticed Byte was sitting up and staring out of the wine glass attentively, a contrast to the laid-back attitude he'd been displaying.

"Are you okay?" Annabelle asked him.

He looked taken aback, but he nodded. "Yeah, it's just this a pretty big mission. I can't really screw it up. I mean you were the one who told me how big of a deal this was before you sent me off," Byte said.

Annabelle blinked, "Why do you think I'm your Commander?"

Byte frowned, "Because you are. I saw you hit your head earlier, Commander. I'm wondering if you hit it before that too. Doc can check you out when we get back."

Kyle sat up, "Get back where?" He asked, intrigued. 

Byte replied, "All will be revealed soon enough. Patience, young grasshopper." He turned to Annabelle with a toothy grin, "I just saw that show a couple of days ago during patrol. Some security guard fell asleep watching it. I was just going to nab some circuits, but I stayed and watched like six episodes."

Annabelle had no idea what he was talking about, but his enthusiasm made Annabelle smile in spite of herself. Between Steven and this kid, it was nice to talk to someone not a million times Annabelle's size. 

The moment was cut short when the servant slid into a dark room in an off shoot of one of the main hallways. Darkness swallowed the wine bottle, but the servant soon opened another door in the room. 

Although she was surrounded by the glass of the wine bottle, Annabelle knew they were outside. Despite it being night, the stars illuminated their surroundings. Inside the bottle, Kyle's spray painted skin softly glowed, allowing the Shrinkees to see each other.

Annabelle saw that the other side of the door revealed a stairway which lead to a beach down below.

Annabelle was in awe of how beautiful it looked set against the night sky. The Shrinkee didn't have long to appreciate the beauty. The servant rushed down the stairs, jostling everyone in the wine bottle as he did so. Annabelle wondered how the Shrinkees in the cake box were fairing below them.

The servant was soon at the bottom of the stairs. Wet sand crunched underneath his shoes as he walked along the shore. Annabelle couldn't begin to guess what the next step was.

Then she saw it. Almost silently, a jet ski approached from the distance. Annabelle had never heard a water craft so quiet. Annabelle couldn't see who was driving the jet ski due to the driver wearing a helmet.

Without much fanfare, the servant handed the cake box to the jet ski driver. The driver had a backpack that he removed from his person. Carefully, he placed the box in the bag. He secured the backpack and placed it on his back. With a nod and not much else, the driver took off and disappeared into the vast black ocean.

Byte's muscles relaxed. He peered intensely out the wine bottle, watching the jet ski disappear into the darkness. A wide grin slowly spread across his face.

"Halfway there," he muttered, pleased. 

The servant wasted no time in turning from the ocean. Instead of returning back to the mansion, the servant seemed to be heading for a dense jungle.

"We're not going with them?" Kyle asked. Anxiety plagued his voice.  

Byte shook his head, "They're being rescued—we're on a mission."

Mr. Richards protested, "Now hold on, I didn't agree to this. My son needs to be somewhere safe."

Byte replied, "I didn't think you would've wanted to be separated from your son."

Mr. Richards scowled, "I don't, but I can't have him placed in danger."

Byte stretched his arms, "Well, the resistance didn't decide to save you out of the kindness of our hearts. We need you Mr. Richards. Where those other people are going is the safest place for them, sure, but if you don't help us, it's only a matter of time before BSA finds them and comes after every last one of us."

"BSA?" Annabelle inquired.

Agent X spoke after he had been silent for the entire ride. He revealed, "The Better Society Association. They front as a non-profit organization, but are responsible for countless coordinated atrocities against people with HDD."

Annabelle's mouth became dry. She didn't know why, but the official nature of the BSA surprised her. She had assumed that the giantesses' families were committing mass killings as a sick hobby. The fact that they were an organized entity chilled her to her bones. Each day brought new information that emphasized the hubris she held when she thought she could ever escape them. 

Annabelle froze. It hit her all at once. The dread she felt was overwhelming. What was she doing? She had just been going through the motions, but she realized she should not have went along with Byte.

It was almost funny. She'd spent the entirety of her captivity trying to escape the giantesses' clutches, but now that she was out of their sight, she realized how hopeless it was to run. She didn't know Byte's escape plan for them, but she did know the giantesses would never stop looking for her—and apparently they had the resources of an established organization to probably track her down. 

Annabelle stood up, startling everyone. She had to hold onto the wine's walls to steady herself, but she stayed upright. 

"Commander?" Byte asked, concerned. 

"Stop calling me that," Annabelle snapped. She ran her hands through her hair, "I've got to go back. I can't be here."

"What are you talking about?" Byte asked.

"I-I've got to go, you don't understand," she panicked. 

Byte began to stand up to come over to her, but Agent X's gruff voice interjected. His dark eyes had been scrutinizing her with suspicion since they met.

"Who are you?" He demanded, "You don't work for the Foundation for the Betterment of People with HDD, and I didn't see you in the banquet hall."

Byte frowned, "I told you she's our Commander—"

"Enough!" Agent X snarled at Byte. "She's admitted it herself, she's not your Commander." He narrowed his eyes at her, "Tell us who you are."

Annabelle blanched when she felt all the other Shrinkees' eyes turn to her. 

She started to stammer out, "I-I—"

A booming voice shook them all. 

"You! What the hell are you doing?" The voice was deep and harsh.

The servant who carried them flinched, causing Annabelle and Byte to fall onto the wine bottle's floor. 

Annabelle picked herself up and peered out the bottle. A suit was shouting at the servant. He held a flashlight that she shone on the servant's person.

With a warbly voice, the servant answered, "I-I got lost on my way back from the outhouse. It's just so dark—"

"Is that wine in your hand?" The suit barked. 

The servant stumbled over his words, "Um, I was just—"

Though Annabelle couldn't see his face clearly in the dark, she could practically hear the smug smirk on the suit's face.

"Were you skipping out on your duties to drink on the job, bug?" He laughed dryly.  

"No! I—"

"I'm actually impressed. You got some balls on you. Not only did you snatch a bottle, but you also played hooky on an extermination night. That's bold. Maybe we should test how brave you are. I'm sure the bosses could use another bug for their feast," he jeered. 

"I'm telling you the truth—"

Faster than Annabelle expected someone of his size to move, the suit was by the servant's side in a second. He gripped his neck and began to drag him in the direction of the mansion.

The mood in the wine bottle became deathly anxious. 

Byte grimaced, "Okay, so this is not cool at all."

Mr. Richards leaned forward. "What are we going to do?" he whispered harshly. 

Byte turned to Agent X with a resolute gaze. "No matter what happens, protect him," he said, nodding towards Mr. Richards. 

Agent X nodded with determination. 

The suit forced the servant back through the beach. The servant stayed silent, but Annabelle could feel the wine bottle shake. Annabelle clenched her fists. If the suit stayed true to his word, they'd be walking right back into the giants' den. 

They climbed the stairway that led back into the mansion. As they entered through the door way, the servant protested, "S-Sir, I don't think the Masters and Mistresses would appreciate their dinner being interrupted. 

"Are you trying to tell me what to do, you puny bug?" The suit snapped. 

"N-No! I just don't think we should break their schedule. Y-You know how much they value order," he pleaded.

The suit pulled him into the corridor, but he didn't say anything further. Annabelle was relieved when instead of heading to the dinning room, the suit dragged the servant into what looked like to be the kitchens. 

The room was filled with people bustling around, stirring pots and sautéing vegetables. It looked just as Annabelle imagined a high-end restaurant would—although with slightly more anxious faces.

"Hey!" The suit bellowed, causing each person in the room to freeze. Only the sound of the sizzling pans could be heard. Annabelle looked at their fearful faces. It seemed as though she wasn't the only one who found the suits intimidating. 

When he had their attention, the suit began, "Don't worry bug-kin, this won't take long. I just need to know who is in charge of the wine."

No one moved. Inside the wine bottle was equally tense. They all stared out the bottle, intensely watching the scene unfold in front of them.

Annabelle heard the suit bark out a harsh laugh, "Really? No one is in charge of the wine? What, did it just sail here on a raft all by itself?"

The kitchen was silent. Everyone glanced at each other with apprehension.  

"Come on," the suit laughed again, "I won't bite."

After another bout of tense silence, a thin woman raised her hand. 

So quietly that Annabelle could hardly hear her, she warbled out, "I-I looked after the wine shipments, and organized them."

"Great!" The suit cheered, "That's all I wanted to know."

He released the servant he had been gripping, and stepped closer to the woman. Once the suit wasn't so close to the servant, Annabelle was able to get a good look at him. He was large, his frame imposing and wide. His dark hair was close to his head, shaved down to a buzz cut. The suit's boots squeaked throughout the quiet kitchen. The woman looked up at him with trepidation. 

"Oh right," he smiled, "I have one more question." He slammed his fist into her jaw. 

Annabelle and the other Shrinkees in the bottle looked on in horror as the woman collapsed to the ground. 

No other person moved to help her, instead their eyes were trained to the floor.

The suit kicked her while she withered on the floor, "Did you notice there was a bottle missing?" He shouted down at her between kicks.

"What the fuck," Kyle hissed, his face was pressed up against the wine bottle, "What are they doing? Fucking help her!"

"It's not that simple," Byte said. His face was serious, a contrast to the grin he'd been wearing when he met Annabelle.

"Like hell it isn't," Kyle spat, "There's only one of him! I don't care how big he is, they can take him."

Annabelle tsked bitterly, "They can't afford to get involved. They're in the kitchen, which means they aren't Shrinkees—they're the family members and friends of Shrinkees that are being held hostage by the giantess—I mean by the BSA. If they step out of line, then their loved ones will pay the price."

Mrs. Richards slowly rubbed his face, "This is barbaric. How could I not have known? For god's sake, Warren and I are golfing buddies."

Annabelle pulled her knees up to her chest, "They're really good at hiding their psychotic side until it's too late." She had sat next to Harper in their STAT class for weeks, and not once did she suspect anything.

Outside of the wine bottle, the suit was finally winding down. The woman was eerily still. Annabelle wasn't sure if she was still alive until the suit prodded her head with his boot. The woman groaned and twitched on the ground.

He turned to the people nearest to her with a snarl, "Take her to your quarters." 

They wasted no time. They collected her limp body and carried her out the room, scurrying with urgency. 

Startling the shit out of Annabelle, the suit spun around and grabbed the wine bottle from the servant. He was rough, forcing everyone in the bottle to collide against the bottle's walls. The suit slammed the bottle on one of the kitchen's counters.

"Someone get rid of this," he ordered coldly. He paused, then added, "Make sure you throw it out with your waste. Don't mix it in with the regular trash."

A wide grin spread across his face when his eyes landed on the servant. He strutted up to him. His large figure towered over the terrified looking man.

The suit draped a beefy arm over the servant's shoulder. He sneered down at him, "It just so happens that I'm on my break. How about some of the boys and I show you how we like to relax?"

"N-No, please!" The servant whimpered. The suit ignored his pleas and began to shove him towards the kitchen's exit.

Annabelle watched Agent X's expression become fearful. He turned to Byte, "Will he talk?"

Byte, who had been silently watching the servant get dragged away shook his head slowly, "Nah, he won't."

"How can you be so sure?" Mr. Richards demanded.  

"Because the Commander picked him out herself. She knows people—knows who will break, who won't. It's like a super power," Byte explained, pride leaking into his words.

If Mr. Richards believed in Byte, his face didn't show it. He turned to Annabelle, "Is that true? You can just tell?"

Annabelle barely stopped herself from snapping at him. 

She sighed, "I can't tell anything, but I'm sure this Commander person has her reasons for choosing him." She listened to the servant's whimpers and pleas grow distant from the hallway. 

She begged the universe to let him survive whatever was about to be done to him. He didn't deserve what was coming his way. None of them did.

The moment the suit and servant could no longer be heard, several of the kitchen workers rushed to the beaten woman's side. 

"I got her," a man said, he lifted her and carried her gently in his arms. 

Another woman walked up to him. She spoke with a British accent, "Bring her to the Eastern Entertainment hall, I think someone working in the cinema is a doctor."

A panicked look passed over the man's face, "This is my first time here, I don't know where that is."

Annabelle wondered just how big the place was. She hadn't had a chance to get a good look at the mansion when they were in the dark. 

The woman stepped up to him, nervous, but resolute.

"I'll show you," she declared. She guided him out the door and, carefully, he followed, carrying the bleeding woman. 

The room was filled with a heavy silence after they left. Kyle bit down on his lip and glanced from outside the wine bottle to Byte. 

"What are we going to do now?" He cried. 

Before Byte could answer, the Shrinkees were once again thrown around when the bottle was suddenly lifted from the counter.

"I will throw this away," a tired voice offered. The familiarity of the heavily accented voice struck Annabelle. 

She pressed herself against the bottle's walls and craned her neck. She caught a glimpse of a gray beard, confirming her suspicions. 

The bottle jerked around as the giant walked. Annabelle knew she had to get his attention. She looked up and saw the wine bottle's top was too high for her to reach. After a quick glance, she determined that Agent X was the tallest. 

She turned to him, and asked urgently, "Can you lift me up?" She pointed up at the bottle's top. 

Agent X, who had still been trying to steady himself, frowned at her.

"Why?" He growled.  

Annabelle looked at him in disbelief. "Because I need to get up there," she replied. She stumbled into the walls again as the giant rushed through the halls. 

Agent X's eyes narrowed at Annabelle. He scowled and demanded, "What are you going to do when you get up there?"

"What?" Annabelle asked, exasperated, "I'm going to get him to help us. Why are you—"

"I've got you, Commander," Byte interjected. He crawled over to her, barely keeping his balance. He kneeled down next to her. Agent X glowered at the two of them, but if Byte noticed, he ignored him.

"Sit on my shoulders, and I'll boost ya up," he directed. 

Annabelle lifted her leg and straddled his neck. She didn't know about the logistics of what they were doing, but she didn't have a better idea. Byte started to stand, but the sway of the bottle almost toppled them. Annabelle squealed, preparing to fully smack her face into the bottle's floor, but a set of steady hands held her up.

Kyle had leaned his weight against Byte and was holding Annabelle up by her back. Annabelle shot him an appreciative glance, and the gold-tinted boy nodded at her. 

"Thanks brother," Byte said, relief in his voice.

Annabelle balanced her weight on Byte's shoulders as he stood up to his full height. It was an almost impossible to stay upright with the giant moving so much, but Annabelle made sure not to lean too much to one side so Byte could keep his balance. 

When she felt him keep still for more than a second, Annabelle lifted her knee and began to kneel on Byte's shoulder. It was easier than she expected to maintain her balance. Soon both knees were on his shoulders, then she found herself standing upright on Byte. She could feel everyone's eyes on her. 

She peered up at the bottle's top. It was still out of reach for her. Even if she jumped, she wouldn't be able to reach it. She could feel Byte begin to tremble underneath her. She needed to act quickly.

She noticed the bottle's neck was pretty narrow. If she turned herself horizontal, she could maybe make it.

Without pausing to let her doubts distract her, Annabelle jumped. It so happened that the second her feet left Byte's shoulders, the giant opened a door that led to outside of the mansion. Not allowing her shock to ruin the opportunity, Annabelle turned sideways in the air and placed her hands above her head. Just as she'd hoped, she successfully held herself in place.  

"Heck yeah!" Byte cheered from below. 

Annabelle couldn't help but be spurred by his enthusiasm. She began to shimmy up the bottle. Her legs and arms were forced to bend, until she resembled a crab. Annabelle came face to face with the bottle's top. The bottle cap the servant had fastened onto the mouth of the bottle did, in fact, have holes in it. Annabelle raised her foot to push against the cap, when suddenly the bottle began to shake. The thunderous rhythmic pounding of footsteps let her know the giant was walking down the stairs towards the beach.

Annabelle quickly returned her foot to its original position to avoid falling back down. She held herself up for dear life as the giant bustled down the stairs. Finally, he reached the sand of the beach and Annabelle could steady herself again.

With a heavy breath, Annabelle lifted her foot and pressed it against the cap. It wouldn't budge. 

Annabelle cursed inwardly. "Dufort!" She called out, "Chef Dufort!"

The giant didn't break a step in his stride. Annabelle's joints were beginning to scream, but she couldn't give up so easily. She kicked the bottle cap. Surprisingly, it moved slightly. She kicked it again and it moved more the second time.

"Hurry up!" Mr. Richards shouted from below, "We don't have much time!"

Annabelle couldn't see anything from her perspective, but she smelled rotting waste from outside the bottle. They were getting closer to whatever makeshift landfill they had created on the island. Annabelle knew she could survive being tossed into a garbage pile, but she doubted the durability of the Type 1 Shrinkees who were inside the bottle with her.

Fueled by panic, Annabelle kicked the bottle cap again. It jostled, tipping in the air before it landed back on top of the bottle's mouth. 

Annabelle kicked one last time and the bottle cap flew from the top. The salt laced night air filled Annabelle's nostrils. Although it was dark, Annabelle could view Dufort from her angle below. He hadn't noticed the cap had been kicked off and had fallen onto the sand. 

"Dufort!" Annabelle screamed again. He stopped dead in his tracks, causing Annabelle to lose her grip. Before she could fall to the bottom of the bottle, Annabelle gripped the bottle's rim. She hung from the rim, holding onto it with all her might.

"Dufort! Dufort!" She screamed until her lungs burned. 

"Dufort!" Byte joined in, supporting Annabelle with his own screams.

Relief washed over Annabelle when the chef's eyes met hers. Dufort lifted the bottle higher up to get a closer look. Annabelle's stomach flipped at the sudden change in height. She focused on Dufort instead of her nausea. 

"Tiny girl!" Dufort gasped. 

Annabelle grimaced as she started slipping. "D-Dufort! Can you—"

The Shrinkee was lifted even higher into the air as Dufort plucked her from the bottle with his free hand. The chef's massive face appeared in front of her. He seemed to have aged much more since the last time they had spoken. His thin face was contorted with shock.

"Tiny girl, what are you doing here?" Dufort gasped.

Annabelle pushed down the terror she felt from being dangled in the air. She focused on Dufort's face. 

"Dufort! There are people in the bottle!" She squeaked.

"What?" Dufort looked down at the bottle. He squinted his eyes and lifted the bottle up a little closer to his face. Annabelle heard the squeaky voices of the Shrinkee men below. 

"We don't have much time!" Annabelle cried, "We need your help!"

Dufort frowned, "Wait a moment." Annabelle's stomach dropped as she was suddenly lowered. Dufort squatted down close to the sand. He set the wine bottle down sideways onto the sand. He opened up his hand and placed Annabelle into his cold palm. Annabelle peered down over his fingers and watched the Shrinkee men crawl out of the bottle.

His confused eyes flickered from the bottle to Annabelle. 

"What is happening?" Dufort breathed. He looked as though he wasn't sure if he was hallucinating. 

Byte's small voice called out from down below. "Hey! Hey big guy! Pick me up!" He shouted. 

Dufort furrowed his brow down at Byte, "Who are you?"

"Don't worry about that, big guy! Just pick me up, I gotta talk to ya," Byte yelled.

Dufort turned to Annabelle with a questioning look. Annabelle nodded approvingly. The chef grimaced, but grabbed Byte from the ground. He placed Byte next to Annabelle, who made sure to steady him when he wobbled a bit before he was able to find his footing. 

"We're with the Shrinkee Resistance," Byte introduced himself. Annabelle assumed Dufort probably thought Byte was referring to the Shrinkees down below. 

Byte continued, "We need you to take us somewhere."

Dufort's eyes widened, "The résistance?" He shook his head, "No no no, this I cannot do. I cannot get involved."

Byte bristled, "This isn't about you. This is about our people everywh—"

Annabelle cut off Byte's tirade. She pleaded with the chef, "Dufort, please. They're trying to help Shrinkees who've been held against their will—Shrinkees like your daughter."

Dufort's winced at the mention of his daughter. "Have you seen my daughter?" He demanded. 

Annabelle nodded urgently, "Yes—well not in person—but I'm pretty sure she's still alive." 

Dufort shoved his hand closer to his face. Both Byte and Annabelle fell to their bottoms as Dufort's manic face filled Annabelle's vision.

"Where have you seen her? Is she well?" He asked intensely. 

"W-Whoa giant guy, calm down," Byte said, slowly scooting away from Dufort.

Annabelle held her hands out, she implored, "I think they're keeping her alive for now, but if you help us now, maybe we can try to help Camilla later."

Dufort looked to be at war with himself. He looked at Annabelle and then back towards the mansion. 

"You will try to help my daughter?" He asked softly.

Annabelle nodded. She turned to Byte, "You'll help her, right?" She asked.

Byte looked flustered for a moment before nodding. He replied, "Yeah, I don't see why not. I mean we were thinking of doing another rescue mission after this one." He paused before adding with a sheepish smile, "Though we may have to rethink our strategy after seeing how this mission is turning out."

Dufort sighed, adding to the ocean breeze that was gently ruffling Annabelle's hair.

"All right," he relented.

Annabelle exhaled, relieved, while Byte grinned brightly.

"Cool," Byte said, "It's a little far, but with your giant legs, I think we'll get there pretty quickly.

Dufort nodded, and Byte crawled over to the giant's hand. He cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted down, "Get back in bottle guys! We're gonna be on our way now!"

Byte gave a satisfied smile as he scooted back to the middle of Dufort's hand. Annabelle couldn't see the bottle or the other Shrinkees from her perspective, but Dufort began to collect the wine bottle from the sand. Dufort let out a soft groan as he stood back up. 

Annabelle tensed as she was lifted back up to great heights once more. It was always so jarring to move heights so quickly. She situated herself to the middle of Dufort's palm just as he began to walk.

"Just straight forward towards the trees," Byte ordered. Dufort nodded, and silently followed Byte's command. 

Dufort's crunchy footsteps echoed on the empty beach. Each step scared Annabelle, she was afraid he would slip on the cold sand. In the dark night, Annabelle had a difficult time seeing where they were going, but it wasn't long before the sound of Dufort stepping on sand was replaced with the hard crunch of branches and leaves. 

As enormous trees' leaves rustled above them as Dufort walked, Annabelle took a moment to inhale the fresh air into her lungs. It had been so long since she'd been able to take in fresh air. She closed her eyes and allowed the freshness of the air to engulf her. 

She slowly opened her eyes and flinched when she saw Byte staring at her with dark, curious eyes.

"You're...different," he noted. 

Annabelle stared at him for a moment, unsure of how to proceed. "Byte," she started, slowly, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this, but I'm not your Commander."

Byte stared back at her, "Who do you think you are, then?"

Annabelle knew he wasn't going to believe her unless she had an outside perspective. Annabelle looked up at Dufort, "Chef Dufort? Who am I?" She asked.

Dufort glanced down at her, before looking back at where he was going. He answered, "You are tiny girl. You are with the young women—ah I mean the young misses."

Byte frowned, "What does he mean?"

Annabelle pulled her knees to her chest and rested her chin on her knees. "He means that I am not your Commander. He means that I have never seen you before today, and he means that I can't go with you after we reach wherever we're heading to," Annabelle said directly. 

Byte scrunched up his face in confusion, "But what does he mean 'you are with the young wome—"

"It doesn't matter," Annabelle mumbled. She needed to change the subject. Her eyes gazed up at Dufort. His face showed his determination. His stride was strong. He walked through the trees and other fauna without hesitation or fear of what was waiting in the dark. He was no doubt thinking of his daughter.

"Chef Dufort?" Annabelle called again, "I just wanted to let you know I saw Camilla in a magazine around a month ago."

Dufort stopped dead in his tracks. Both Annabelle and Byte hurriedly steadied themselves so they wouldn't fall over.

Dufort hovered over Annabelle with desperate eyes, "She is okay? She is well?"

Annabelle decided that a half-truth would be the best course of action. There was no need for Annabelle to tell him which section of the magazine his daughter was in. 

Annabelle nodded, "She looked okay in the photo." She added, "She's very pretty."

Dufort smiled longingly, "Yes, she is the most beautiful girl in the world."

He smiled sadly at Annabelle, but quickly lifted his head and started to walk again. Byte sighed with relief. Annabelle's eyes lingered on the Shrinkee boy. She could sense that leadership positions weren't a strong suit of his. He appeared stressed—an unnatural expression for what seemed to be an easy-going young man. 

"Turn left here!" Byte suddenly ordered. 

Dufort followed his directions and continued his stride. Byte's stressed expression washed away as he gave Annabelle a reassuring grin.

"We'll be there soon," he said.

It hit Annabelle that she wouldn't have much time left with him. She had so many questions.

"How big is this resistance?" Annabelle suddenly blurted.

Byte looked surprised by the abrupt question, but he answered, "I'm actually not sure. We have different sectors and units. I typically go on solo missions, and this is my first time leading a mission."

Annabelle hesitated before asking, "Is there any reason you were assigned this mission? Not to say you aren't capable, it's just that you said this is an important mission and well..."

"I'm greener than a plant?" Byte finished.

Annabelle gave a small smile. "Kinda," she replied. 

Byte laughed, "Yeah well I guess you—er I mean the Commander—told me she believed in me, so here I am."

"You have a lot of faith in your Commander," Annabelle noted.

He smiled wistfully, "It's more like she has faith in me for some reason. She's the one who found me when I was just a selfish little thief, scurrying around and stealing stuff from big people. She told me I had talent and that I could actually be doing something meaningful. I've been with the resistance ever since."

Annabelle furrowed her brow. She believed him, but she'd never heard of a Shrinkee just roaming around freely after they've been shrunken. 

"How were you able to steal things? Was the person you were registered under helping you?" Annabelle inquired.

Byte matched her confused expression. "Um, no. I was never owned by a big person," Byte replied. 

Annabelle sat up straight, "I didn't say owned, I said registered." She continued, confused and frustrated, "What happened to you after you shrank? Did no one find you?" 

Annabelle thought the idea of shrinking and being alone and lost sounded like one of the most terrifying things to happen to a person.

Byte stared at her with concern in his eyes. He muttered under his breath, "You must've really hit your head, Commander."

"Byte—"

He answered, cutting her off, "I never shrank. I've always been this size."

Annabelle blinked, not understanding what he was saying. That wasn't possible. Shrinkees shrank. That was what they did.

Byte called out to Dufort before Annabelle could follow up with more questions.

"Hey, you can stop now," he shouted up at him. 

Dufort jerked to a stop. Both Annabelle and Byte fell forward, but Dufort shifted his fingers to form a wall. The Shrinkees collided into the wall of fingers roughly, but were otherwise safe.

"Where now?" Dufort's anxious voice boomed down at them. Annabelle and Byte grimaced as they collected themselves. 

"It's the tree to your right," Byte identified, sitting back up.

Dufort turned to the tree. He was a lot smoother with his movements. Annabelle was able to keep herself upright as the giant moved. The tree Dufort faced didn't appear to be unique in anyway, but Byte's gleeful expression suggested otherwise.

"Lower us to the ground, please!" Byte shouted up to Dufort. The Chef nodded and squatted down. He placed his hand on the leafy ground and Annabelle and Byte stepped from his palm. 

Annabelle's feet tingled as the cold dirt pressed against her soles. She closed her eyes and wiggled her toes. She couldn't remember the last time her bare feet had touched something that wasn't the giantesses' furniture. The ground was cold and harder than she expected, but Annabelle couldn't have been happier. She inhaled deeply, taking in the crisp night air. She'd never felt so free. 

After she had received her fill, she opened her eyes. Her heart jumped when she saw Byte staring at her. He gazed at her like she was a painting he didn't understand. 

The Shrinkee boy blinked. 

"You're not the Commander," he breathed, as if the idea had finally become real for him.

"No," Annabelle said, "I'm not."

Byte's eyes analyzed her with intrigue. "But you look—"

Annabelle never heard the end of what Byte was going to say. She was shoved to the ground by a force that knocked the wind from her. Agent X's bulky frame pressed her into the dirt. He pinned her to the ground with his knee on her back. The side of Annabelle's face was smeared into the dirt.

Everyone around her froze. Kyle and Mr. Richards stiffened as they watched Agent X hold down Annabelle. Byte stood, eyes wide. Fury painted his face. Annabelle couldn't see Chef Dufort's reaction, but he wasn't moving—he was most likely equally stunned. 

"I know you," he hissed.

Annabelle grunted as he increased the pressure on his knee. She was afraid she was going to snap in half. Suddenly, Byte charged at the bear of a man. He leapt at him with surprising speed and tackled him, freeing Annabelle

"Get off of her!" He shouted. 

Annabelle, covered in dirt, clambered from the ground and scooted away as the two men tussled with each other. Although Byte was more agile than Agent X, the older man had him in pure strength. He easily held him to the ground.

"What the hell is wrong with you, man?" Byte grunted. He struggled underneath the burly man. 

Agent X held Byte by his shoulders and screamed in his face. "She's one of them!" He barked. He tore his gaze from Byte and turned toward Annabelle.

Annabelle trembled when Agent X's enraged, disgust filled eyes met hers. 

"What are you talking about?" Kyle demanded. He, along with his father, had not moved, not sure what to make of the scene before them. 

Agent X didn't break his gaze with Annabelle. He continued to glower at her.

"I couldn't place her before, but it all made sense when I figured it out. She's the Princesses' pet," Agent X spat.

Annabelle flinched at the name. A mixture of shame and frustration swirled inside of her. She wanted to say something—anything to deny it, but Poppy's voice screamed in her head. 

HE'S RIGHT. WE ARE OUR GODDESSES' PET. SHOW THEM THE POWER OF OUR GODDESSES.

"Shut up," Annabelle muttered under her breath.

Byte stopped struggling. He looked up at Agent X in disbelief. He sneered at the man, "That's..." he trailed off as he turned to Annabelle. Annabelle knew he could read the murky, dense emotions she was feeling on her face.

Byte shook his head, "N...No...that's not—"

Agent X slowly got up from Byte. He stood to his feet and collected himself, "Don't be fooled by her pretty face, kid. She's on their side."

Annabelle clenched her fists at his words.

"No," she protested, finding her voice above Poppy's noise, "I'm not. I would never—"

Mr. Richards interjected, blatantly frustrated. "Will someone tell me what is going on?" He demanded. 

Agent X spoke first, "She's a traitor, Mr. Richards. She obeys the daughters of the BSA founders—known to the resistance as 'The Princesses'." 

Annabelle swiveled to Mr. Richards. "He's wrong!" She cried, "They kidnapped me. I never wanted any of this." Her voice cracked as she spoke.

Chef Dufort's booming voice spoke, startling the Shrinkees on the ground. The giant's face was shrouded by the darkness of the night, but his voice was sincere.

"Tiny girl is right. They take her. They keep her in cage," Dufort attempted to explain.

Annabelle appreciated his intentions, but she found her cheeks burning with embarrassment at the description of her pet-like treatment. 

"You don't know what she's done," Agent X snapped, ignoring Dufort. He glared at Byte, who was still on the ground, stunned and quiet. Annabelle was torn between being desperate to know what he was thinking, and not wanting to know at all.

Agent X urged, "I know you must've gotten the reports too." Byte didn't react to him. Agent X scoffed at Byte's silence. 

He turned to Mr. Richards and Kyle. He sneered, "She murdered people—she murdered our people." 

Annabelle stiffened. "What?" She breathed. She wasn't even offended by the lie, she was simply confused.

Agent X's face contorted with disgust. He looked absolutely revolted by Annabelle. "Don't play dumb, you monstrous bitch. You tore people's throats open," he seethed.

Annabelle's mouth dropped slightly. She was stumped, "What are you talking about?"

"Stop, Agent X," Byte said quietly, but with a firm tone. He pulled himself up to his feet. "It wasn't her," he said. 

Agent X grunted, "How the hell can you know that?"

Byte shrugged, "I just do."

Agent X laughed harshly, "This is why I don't work with teenagers. You think with your dick." He shook his head and landed his gaze on Annabelle. His eyes turned furious once more when he looked at her. 

"How could you do that to your own people?" He hissed, "What did they promise you? Protection? Money? Whatever it was, it wasn't worth it."

Annabelle didn't know whether to laugh or cry at just how off the mark Agent X was. 

"You don't know anything," Annabelle tsked. 

Agent X took a step towards her, "I know that you're a selfish trait—"

"No!" Chef Dufort barked, alarming the Shrinkees with his loud voice. His frown was settled deeply on his face. "Tiny girl, she is not traitor. She does not choose this life, just as I do not choose my life. She say she will help me find my daughter and she find her in magazine. Tiny girl, she does not tell young misses about me. The young misses, they use tiny girl for—"

"It's okay, Chef," Annabelle interjected. She couldn't let him go on. It was humiliating enough to have to deal with what the giantesses put her through. She didn't need a third party recount of her abuse.

Annabelle met Agent X's vicious eyes with her own steely gaze. Not only was the bastard spreading baseless rumors about her, he actually believed them. Annabelle trudged her way over to him. Her anger increasing with every step.

She saw Byte tense from her peripheral. "Wait!" He called, anxiously.

Annabelle ignored him and walked up to Agent X, who narrowed his eyes down at her. He snarled at her, but Annabelle was far too pissed to be intimidated by the large Shrinkee. 

"I don't know what bullshit you've heard," Annabelle started, her voice was even despite her fury, "But I am not a traitor. Like Chef said, I did not choose for 'the Princesses' to shrink me down, just like you didn't choose for the BSA to shrink you. Every second I'm with them I have to fight to keep my humanity. I know you're probably freaking out like this because you need an outlet for how angry and scared you are at being shrunken, but I suggest you find someone else to put your shit onto, because I may be a lot of things, but I am not traitor."

Agent X scoffed, but Annabelle could tell she unnerved him. The burly man folded his arms, "You—" he began before Annabelle cut him off. 

She hissed, "And if I was actually selfish, truly selfish, I would be begging Byte to take me with you guys right now, but you know what? I'm not. Although every fiber of my shrunken fucking body is telling me to run away—to escape—I'm not going to. I'm going to turn back around and walk right back into the gigantic obsessive clutches of four sociopaths. Do you know why?"

Annabelle was startled to hear Byte's quiet voice ask, "Why?"

Annabelle glanced at the Shrinkee. He looked deeply saddened. Annabelle's shoulders slumped, and her anger began to melt away. 

She tried to answer, but she felt a lump in her throat. She swallowed and replied, "Because even though you drugged them, escaped from them, and ruined their horrible feast, the biggest offense you committed was taking me with you. As long as I'm with you guys, you'll be in danger."

Annabelle gestured to Mr. Richards, "And for some reason the resistance needs him. I won't be the reason your mission fails, Byte."

Byte's face darkened. He looked down at the ground and kicked the dirt.

"You think pretty highly of yourself, huh?" Agent X said gruffly, "What makes you think they'll came after you? It shouldn't be too difficult to get another Shrinkee to turn traitor—"

A deafening siren pierced through the jungle. Everyone froze as a bullhorn seemed to shake the entire island. 

"Shit," Annabelle hissed. She and Dufort exchanged fearful glances. They both nodded. Dufort placed his hand down on the ground, and Annabelle began to make her way to it when Byte stepped in front of her.

"Hold on!" He pleaded. 

Annabelle glanced back at the other Shrinkee men who wore alarmed expressions. She cried over the sound of the siren, "Byte we don't have time for this! You have a mission to complete. There's probably an escape hatch or a secret tunnel around here, right?"

Byte flinched and started to respond. Annabelle cut him off, "Actually its better if I don't know." She needed to separate all ties with them.

"Tiny girl!" Chef Dufort urged.

Annabelle stepped around Byte. The Shrinkee boy's face twisted with frustration. "But—" He began.

"They're probably already looking for me now. The last thing I want is for them to accidently stumble across you guys while they're searching for me," Annabelle explained. "I'll be fine," she added. Annabelle gave him a small smile that immediately crumbled from her face. She turned away from him quickly before he could see her fear. She stepped into Dufort's hand before she was able to change her mind. 

She didn't look back as Dufort lifted her to his gigantic face. Terror plagued every inch of his features. 

"Here's the story," Annabelle said, hoping that if she sounded confident, she would feel it. She continued, "You were throwing the wine bottle away when you got turned around because it was so dark. If a man in a suit sees you, drop me onto the ground—do not hesitate. Trust me, I will be okay."

Dufort frowned, "I cannot say I found tiny girl?"

Annabelle frantically shook her head, "No! I don't know what they'll do if they find me with you, but it won't be good." 

Annabelle remembered when Amy had picked her up in the jet plane. The giantesses had believed that Amy had simply picked up Annabelle after she'd fallen, and they still would've eaten her alive if Annabelle hadn't begged them to spare her. She shuddered to think what they would do to Dufort. 

The giant chef nodded in agreement of the plan. Annabelle dipped slightly as Dufort went to pick up the wine bottle. He wasted no time in briskly trudging his way through the jungle. Before he took off, Annabelle glanced below. 

The Shrinkees were nowhere to be seen. The lump in her throat returned. It was for the best. She was doing the right thing.

YOU HAVE CHOSEN CORRECTLY. OUR PLACE IS WITH OUR GODDESSES. WE DO NOT BELONG WITH THOSE BUGS. 

Tears prickled Annabelle's eyes. She sniffled and wiped her eyes with her hand. She was doing the right thing. She was doing the right thing.

It wasn't long before Dufort reached a clearing. Both she and Dufort froze when she saw what waited for them. The beach was filled with dozens of suits, carrying flashlights. The only reason they hadn't noticed Dufort was because all of their flashlights were pointed at the ground. Above them, what looked like drones flew through the air. No doubt they were additions to the search party.

Annabelle inhaled deeply and rubbed her face. She'd expected something like this, but to see it up and close was overwhelming. Her body shook, but it took her a moment to realize it was Dufort's hand that was trembling. 

He looked down at her, his pale face almost illuminating in the dark. He whispered, "What can we do?" 

Annabelle gulped, "R-Remember the plan. Put me down."

Dufort looked down at her with uncertainty. Annabelle was resolute. She nodded. The giant grimaced, but lowered his hand to the ground. Annabelle stepped from his palm and onto the cold ground. 

Chef Dufort's massive form loomed over her. She couldn't see his expression, with his face being so high up and the dark cloaking him. Still, from his hesitation, she could tell he was concerned for her. Annabelle shooed him away. They were hidden in the shadows, but it was only a matter of time before the suits' search expanded. 

Dufort scurried away in the opposite direction. His footsteps shook the ground underneath Annabelle. She was sure he was headed towards where the Shrinkees collected their waste. Annabelle hopped the plan would work. She couldn't take someone else getting hurt.

Annabelle jogged over to a nearby shrub. She hid behind the foliage and watched the suits scour the beach. 

She thought of her next move. 

She could just walk up to one of the suits and be taken back to the giantesses, but they would no doubt ask her how she ended up outside. Even if she lied or avoided the question, they would continue to search the entire island if they thought for even a second the perpetrators were nearby. 

If Annabelle was able to be discovered in the mansion, the BSA may believe that the perpetrators had already vanished. She would have to come up with a good story of what had happened after the BSA had been drugged. 

With Annabelle's eyes on the suits, and her mind on her cover story, the Shrinkee was scared shitless when suddenly every cell in her body told her to run. Annabelle spun around. Her blood chilled. 

Not five feet away from her was a stag beetle. At her size it looked like an alien. It's pinchers twitched, as though it was already feeling her flesh in between its appendages. It was trained onto her, as if it was waiting to see what she would do. 

Slowly, Annabelle began to back away from the creature. 

"Stay..." Annabelle warned, "You don't want to hurt me, do you? I'm not a threat, and I'm definitely not f-food."

The beetle must've not been convinced. It charged at Annabelle with it's huge pinchers. Annabelle screamed and started running for her life. Her legs pounded the dirt as she ran as fast as she could. She could hear the gigantic insect trailing close behind her. 

She glanced at the suits on the beach. They were so close, yet so far. She did not have faith in the amount if traction she would get from running on the sand. She was one slip away from being impaled by the giant bug. Annabelle screamed, pushing the leaves from her face as she ran through the edge of the jungle. 

Annabelle's heart pounded. The beetle was relentless. She couldn't escape it. Her terror started to stiffen her legs. She was slowing down.

Annabelle continued to scream. There was no one to help her. Not her parents. Not her sister. Not even the giantesses. 

Tears obscured her vision as she ran. She needed them. She was so weak. She'd been stupid to go on without them. She needed them. She was going to get hurt because she'd left them. 

Annabelle could hear the beetle still scurrying behind her. It was only a matter of time before it would get her. Annabelle's vision was clouded by her tears. She'd almost accepted her fate when she was suddenly yanked to the side. 

She thought the beetle had caught up to her, but she felt arms drag her into a bush. A hand covered her mouth and quelled her screams. Annabelle stopped struggling when she saw the beetle rush past her.

She and her savior were still for a few quiet moments until it was certain the bug had moved on. The hand slipped away from her mouth. 

"Are you okay?"

A wave of shock and relief poured over Annabelle when she heard Byte's voice. Annabelle spun around to face him. His brown eyes were filled with worry. 

Annabelle's wide eyes blinked, "How are you—How did you?"

"I rode on the giant guy's shoes," Byte explained, as if it was a simple act. "I got kicked off, but I just followed the screams and found you."

Annabelle was flustered, "But what about Mr. Richards? Your mission?"

Byte shook his head dismissively, "I told Agent X how to get to the rendezvous point from where we were. It's a simple underground path. Just getting to that tree was the hard part."

Annabelle couldn't believe it. "Why did you come after me? Did you think I was going to rat out the resistance? I promise I'm not—"

"No," Byte insisted, "I just wanted to make sure you got back okay. And I guess it's a good thing I did."

Annabelle couldn't argue with him on that point. 

Byte furrowed his brow, "What were you thinking? That chef said you've been in a cage this whole time, so why did you think you could survive outside?"

Annabelle's cheeks burned from being called out. He was right, of course, but it wasn't like she had any other option. 

"I wasn't thinking," Annabelle muttered. 

Byte frowned, "You have to be more careful. There's all kinds of insane things out here. Birds, bugs, even the weather can get you if you're not careful."

Annabelle nodded, accepting her lecture. "I'm sorry, I just couldn't let Chef Dufort get hurt because of me," Annabelle said, shoulders slumped.

Byte exhaled and relaxed his gritted jaw. "What's the plan?" He asked gently.

Annabelle replied, "I have to get back into the mansion. I'm trying to throw them off your guys' scent so they don't search the jungle." 

Byte nodded approvingly, "Sounds good."

"But I'm not sure how to make it through the beach without being seen," Annabelle explained.

Byte crawled forward and pushed aside a giant leaf that they were using as cover. He peered out at the beach. 

"Holy hell," he breathed. "There's a lot of those guys out there."

Annabelle frowned, "You see my dilemma."

Byte was silent. Annabelle could practically see his brain working behind his focused brown eyes. 

"Okay," he said, "Here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna get in the way I did before."

"How did you get inside before?" Annabelle asked. She realized that Byte had sort of appeared on the table when the giants had everyone brought to the dinning room. 

Byte answered, "There's another person working for them that's a part of the resistance. She switched me and another guy who'd been shrunken when they moved us from the hall to the other room." 

Annabelle was impressed. The resistance's plan would've been perfect if her presence wouldn't have screwed everything up. 

"How did you get inside initially?" Annabelle asked.

Byte pointed to the beach mansion, "There's a vent on the side that I used to climb inside. Once we're in, we'll have access to the entire place."

Annabelle followed his finger. She could just make out a glint of silver attached to the side of the mansion. It didn't seem too far away, but the suits were searching the area."

"How are we supposed to make it over there without them noticing us?" Annabelle inquired.

Byte grinned. Wordlessly, he plucked the leaf they were hiding under and draped it over them. They were almost completely covered. 

Byte bent over until he was squatting. Annabelle had to also lower herself to avoid being hit with the leaf. She bent waddled over to Byte. They had full coverage.

"This is so smart," she praised. 

The leaf blocked out what little bit of light they were getting from the moon previously, so Annabelle could barely make out Byte's silhouette. Still, she could tell he was smiling when he spoke.

"If we had time I would've come up with something better, but we gotta get going. Plus, it's dark out, and they shouldn't care about a leaf on a beach," Byte pointed out.

Annabelle agreed. Byte was much more strategic than he led on earlier. 

The two Shrinkees made their way onto the beach. Annabelle had been right in thinking the sand offered little traction, but she found that walking slowly allowed her to stay upright. The cold sand filled the creases in between her toes.

The ground started to shake. Byte whispered, "Wait." 

Annabelle was deathly still when what sounded like giant footsteps neared them. In the darkness she could only hear Byte's breathing. The shaking grew more distant. When the footsteps faded, they started moving again.

They traveled through the beach via leaf for a while. Annabelle wasn't sure how much time had passed when Byte quietly announced, "Okay we're here." 

They slowly removed the leaf. Annabelle's skin tickled from the crisp night air. They had reached the side of the mansion. An enormous air duct that spanned the entire mansion's wall was directly in front of them. The duct's opening was also in front of them, just above their heads. There was a cover over the vent, but its openings were large enough for them to squeeze through. 

"We can get in through here," Byte explained. He squatted and patted his shoulders for Annabelle to get on. Annabelle braced herself, but sat on Byte's shoulders. He lifted her up and she was able to reach the duct. Annabelle pulled herself up onto the duct's surface.

She lowered herself to her stomach and stretched her arm down below. Byte looked up at her with uncertainty. 

"Last time I got up here by balancing on a rock. I can just go find another one," Byte called up to her.

Annabelle shook her head, "No, it's okay. I got you." She understood why Byte was doubtful. To him, she was just an inexperienced Shrinkee teen. Although she was a Shrinkee teen girl, she was still stronger than she'd been before she'd shrunk. 

Byte exhaled, but followed Annabelle's lead. He backed up and got a running start. Byte jumped and gripped her arm. Annabelle winced at his weight, but she quickly sat up and leaned back with all of her own weight. She grunted as she pulled the Shrinkee to the vent. She collapsed onto the duct, panting. 

Byte's grinning face appeared above her. "That was so cool," he said. 

Annabelle sat up and matched Byte's smile with her own. She shrugged and realized that she'd definitely pulled something. She hid her pain and turned Byte's reaction elsewhere.

She gestured to the vent's entrance, "We should get going, right?" She said. Byte nodded. They both turned around to look at the suits. They were starting to edge towards the jungle.

"Yeah, let's go," Byte said. He squeezed through the vent's cover and Annabelle followed along. The cold metal of the vent tingled her feet as she walked into the nearly pitch black duct. 

There was enough light coming through the vent's entrance to determine there was no way they could climb the extremely tall vent.

"How are we—"

Byte suddenly clapped his hands rapidly. In an instant, the duct was illuminated. A glowing light emanated from a rope that hung from the very top of the duct.

Annabelle craned her neck up and found that she couldn't see the top of the rope. 

Byte's bright smile seemed to also glow. "I call it the lumni-line," he announced, "I was worried someone from the resistance would've already taken this down, but I'm glad to see it's still up."

Annabelle glided her fingers over the glowing rope. It was warm to the touch, but not hot like she suspected. 

"Byte, did you make this?" She breathed.

Byte nodded, proud, "It was nothing, just some elbow grease, some luck, and a whole lotta fluorescent paint." 

Annabelle ran her hands along the rope again. 

"This is amazing," she said. 

Byte gave her a toothy smile and nodded to the rope, "Here, I'll show you the best part. Hold on."

Byte grabbed onto the rope with his hand. He motioned for Annabelle to do the same. She was a little nervous about lifting her arm so soon after she'd pulled a muscle, but when she raised it she found that it was as good as new. Annabelle clenched the roped with both hands and looked towards Byte expectantly. Byte tugged hard on the rope, and it flickered twice.

Annabelle was confused until she felt the rope begin to move. She found herself being lifted into the air by the rope. She gasped and turned to Byte who was beaming almost as brightly as the rope.

As they were pulled up higher, Annabelle asked, amazed, "Byte, how—"

"I'm kinda really awesome at this kind of stuff," Byte answered before Annabelle could finish. "Weird crafty devices come easy to me, but tech is what I do best—hence the name."

Annabelle took a quick moment to let it sink in that Byte's name had less to do with mouths and more to do with computers. She quickly moved on. 

"How did you get so good?" Annabelle inquired.

Byte shrugged, "I picked things up here and there."

Annabelle was brought back to what he had said about never being shrunken. Now was as good as any time to ask.

"When you said you've always been this size..." Annabelle began, not knowing how to word her curiosity. 

If Byte seemed surprised by her question he didn't show it.

"I was born like this," he clarified, "My parents we already shrunken when my mom got pregnant with me."

Annabelle clenched the rope tighter. Her stomach twisted. That was illegal illegal. She had never heard of an already shrunken woman giving birth. Registered Shrinkees were not allowed to procreate, as many feared it would lead to trafficking.  

As if he were reading her thoughts, Byte said, "The big people world is a lot different from the regular world. People have kids all the time where I'm from."

Annabelle scrunched her face, confused, "What do you mean 'the big people world'?" 

Startling Annabelle, Byte released one hand from the rope and gestured around him. He explained, "I mean this, the houses, the televisions, the big people. I grew up with people like me. We live just fine without the big people. We scavenge, we fend off things that want to kill or eat us, we thrive."

Annabelle couldn't believe what she was hearing. He made it sound like there were Shrinkees out there, simply living freely.

"Where was this? How many people were there?" She asked

Byte smiled at her questions, but pointed up. "Wait a sec, we're almost there," he said.

Annabelle glanced up. He was right, the rope had reached a the top of the duct. As they neared the top, Byte tugged on rope again and like before, it flickered. The rope stopped right at the top of the vent. Annabelle reached over to the perch of the duct and pulled herself up. Byte followed right after her. 

Byte leaned over and tugged the rope again. It flickered twice and began to lower towards the bottom of the vent. 

"Just in case I need to make a quick getaway," Byte explained, answering Annabelle's unspoken question.

The Shrinkees turned around to the dark duct. Only the light from the rope behind them gave them the tiniest light to see. Annabelle couldn't see anything other than darkness in the distance.

"It's okay, I know where we're going, just follow me," Byte said, once again, easing concerns that Annabelle hadn't spoken aloud. The metal of the duct made a slight sound as they walked.

"You did this in the jungle too," Annabelle said, "When you found the spot you were looking for even though we were so high up. How do you always know where you're going?"

Byte answered, "It's a trick my parents taught me. Everyone uses it where I'm from. It's called marking. You just memorize a detail, a weirdly shaped tree, a strong smell, or a sound your boots make when you step on the ground." 

To emphasize his point, he tapped his boot against the metal ground. It made an echo-y sound that probably meant more to him than it did to Annabelle.

"Sounds useful," Annabelle noted.

"Yeah it is. Back where I'm from, we had to learn it before we were allowed on our first scavenge," Byte said. 

"What's that?" 

"When you get older you get to go out and bring back something useful for everyone. It's to prove you can be helpful to people," Byte explained. He paused before adding proudly, "I brought back one of those ancient music devices and fixed it up. I had everyone singing for weeks. Turns out I'm really into something called 'Dad Rock'." 

Annabelle snickered at the thought of a bunch of Shrinkees jamming out to the seventies' greatest hits. 

"So where was this place?" Annabelle asked again.

Byte hummed, thinking. He replied, "Well, I know giants like to break up their territories into states, but I honestly can't keep track of what they're all called. But I think it was called South Dakotum."

"South Dakota?" Annabelle asked, shocked, "How did you come from South Dakota to...well I guess I don't exactly know where we are, but I know we're far from South Dakota. I mean just to cross the ocean is—"

"Hold up," Byte said, grabbing Annabelle's arm. He gently turned her to her left. "It's this way," he said, changing direction.

"Oh."

Byte answered her question, "I didn't come from South Dakota. I left the community years ago—not everyone stays. For a while I was just going from place to place. I stopped at other communities from time to time, but I mostly stayed by myse—"

Annabelle's feet turned to lead. She stopped in her tracks. She heard Byte also stop walking.

"Wha—"

"What do you mean other communities?" Annabelle demanded.

She could hear Byte's confusion. "I mean communities like the one where I'm from. They're everywhere—well not everywhere but they're are a lot of them. Enough for me to stop at if I need to rest," he said.

Annabelle felt dizzy. There was no way. She would've known. It wasn't possible.

"Shrinkees are only 6% of the population," she muttered, more to herself than to Byte.

"That's giant world crap," Byte said, "There are a lot of us out there. You just have to know where to look."

Annabelle shook her head, "There's just no way," she insisted, "There's been studies—countless studies about this. If there were Shrinkees out in the wild, they would've been discovered."

"Do your giant scientists know about everything in the ocean? Do they know about everything beyond the stars?" Byte challenged. 

"Fine," Annabelle crossed her arms, "Where are you all hiding then?"

"Can't tell ya, sorry," Byte said flippantly. 

"What? Seriously?"

"The only one who knows is the Commander," Byte said. 

"But—"

Byte grabbed her arm again, "Come on, we need to hurry." 

Annabelle sighed and allowed herself to be pulled. He was right, of course, but she was burning with intrigue. 

They walked further through the duct. Annabelle could see a light a down the the duct. 

Byte exhaled, "Good, we're close to the main part of the house now."

Dread rose in Annabelle. She knew she was doing the right thing, but she just wanted to lay down and cry. 

She decided to distract herself with more questions.

"So did you come back for me, because you're just that kind-hearted, or because I look like your Commander?" Annabelle asked.

Byte seemed taken aback by the question. After a moment of consideration, he grinned, "Okay, I take it back. You don't look that much like her."

Annabelle smiled back. "That's not what you were saying before," she teased. 

"Yeah well, I was wrong. Sorry if I was being annoying," Byte said sheepishly. 

Annabelle shook her head, "No, you're fine. I used to get that a lot though. I think it's the red hair. People would tell me all the time how I looked like another ginger they knew."

"Yeah, maybe," Byte murmured he looked off down the duct. 

"What changed your mind?" Annabelle asked.

Byte blinked, "What?"

"How did you know that I wasn't your Commander?" Annabelle clarified. 

"Oh, uh, I guess you seem a little...softer?" Byte said tentatively. 

"Softer?"

Byte elaborated, "My Commander is a great leader and super smart. It's just that she can be kind of tough and a little scary. You seem kind of more gentle. When we stepped out of the giant guy's hand and you stood there and closed your eyes—well the Commander would've never done that."

Annabelle didn't fully understand what he meant, but she was glad he had finally realized she wasn't his Commander. 

The dim light grew brighter as they walked on. As they drew closer, Annabelle realized the light was coming from one of the vent's openings. She and Byte slowed down and quietly walked towards the covering. Annabelle peered out the vent cover and saw that it led out to one of the mansion's hallways. She couldn't tell where she was in the mansion, but the hallway was empty.

At least it was until booming steps shook both of the Shrinkees. Byte pulled Annabelle away from the vent.

She still was close enough to see two suits stopping right in front of the vent. They came from opposite ends of the hallway. All she could see were their massive boots. Their voices easily carried through the vent.

"Has anyone identified Priority 0's location yet?" The suit on the right asked. He spoke with urgency and sounded distressed. 

"No," the suit on the left grumbled. "They're still checking the beach. The drones are scanning for heat signatures though. I think they're going to fly them out over the ocean soon."

"Can they even pick up something that small?" the suit on the right asked.

"Hell if I know, but you try and ask the boss about that."

The suit on the right shifted his feet, "Shit, I'm good. Did you see his face? I've never seen him so pissed."

"Dude, did you see the governor?" The suit on the left asked. "Heads are definitely gonna roll. I'm just glad I wasn't on guard duty."

"Shit, you're telling me," the suit on the right laughed dryly. After a pause, he added, "How did it happen though? Who would drug them? Where did the bugs go?"

"Man, stop asking questions. As long as we find Priority 0 the backlash won't be too bad," The suit on the left said. 

"Do you think she escaped with the bugs?" He asked.

"We don't know that they escaped, we don't know what happened," the suit on the left said.

Annabelle heard the suit on the right laugh, "If I was her, I wouldn't be escaping from anything. What I wouldn't fucking give to be fussed over by the young misses. Can you fucking imagine—"

Annabelle couldn't see, but it sounded like the suit on the left covered his friend's mouth. 

"Shut the hell up, man," he hissed. "Don't talk about the young misses like that. You're lucky it's just me here. If anyone else heard you, they might report you to the boss—or they might just beat your ass themselves. I know you've just moved up in the ranks, but if you're not 100 percent with the cause, then you better fucking leave now."

The suit pushed him away, Annabelle could hear the grin in his voice, "Of course I'm with the fucking cause, dude. Don't worry, I won't talk about how ridiculously hot the young misses are anymore."

Annabelle couldn't listen any longer. Everyone in the entire BSA organization made her sick. She stormed off, away from the inane conversation. She heard Byte follow after her. 

"Where are you going?" Byte whispered with urgency. 

Annabelle continued down the metal duct, seething. "I don't know," she snapped. She ran her hands through her hair. She spun around to face Byte.

"Why didn't you just kill them?" She blurted.

Byte furrowed his brow. "What?"

"You drugged them—you knocked them out. You could've ended it right there if you used something stronger," Annabelle laughed without humor.

Byte's face was full of compassion. "It's harder than you'd think," Byte said.

"What's so hard about it!" Annabelle cried. Both she and Byte flinched at her volume. They both froze as they waited to see if anyone had heard them. When only the distant voices of the suits filled the duct, Byte answered her.

"If we used poison we would have to be so on point with the dosage. We can't do that if they're all drinking from the same bottle and using the same kind of glass. The youngest—the girl with glasses—she's the tiniest, she would've died first and that would've given the bigger BSA members time to get help. But by drugging them, they let their guards down. No one gets alarmed from feeling sleepy," Byte explained. 

Annabelle hated that his explanation made sense. She wanted to find a flaw in his plan.

Annabelle squatted, pressed her palms against her eyes and groaned. It wasn't loud enough to make a considerable amount of noise, but it was loud enough to cause Byte to kneel next to her. He said nothing, but his presence was surprisingly comforting. 

Annabelle removed her hands from her eyes and exhaled deeply. 

"I know I'm doing the right thing," Annabelle said softly. She met Byte's sympathetic gaze. She continued, "But I was free. Even if it was just for a little while, I'd gotten away from them. And now..." She groaned again.

Byte said gently, "Anything that you want to do, I'll back you up. It's whatever you decide."

Annabelle furrowed her brow, "What? T-There's no decision. I can't put your mission at risk."

Byte contorted his face into an expression that Annabelle couldn't quite discern. He his eyes stared into hers. 

"You're Blood-Blessed, right?" Although it was phrased as a question, Byte said it like he already knew the answer. Which was confusing to Annabelle, because she didn't know what he was talking about.

Byte read her expression and corrected himself, "I mean, uh, gods what do giants call it? Right, you're a 0 Type."

"A Type 0?" Annabelle clarified. 

Byte nodded enthusiastically, "Ya, a Type 0."  

Annabelle circled back to what he said before, "You call Type 0, Blood-Blessed?"

Byte scrunched his face, "It's kind of the same, but also different. It's tricky."

Annabelle quickly stood up, "Tell me! What do you know about it, because I've been—"

Byte also pulled himself up to his feet, "We really don't have time to get into it. All I can tell you is that it's more of a curse than anything. In all of the communities I've been to, I only met one person who knew someone who was Blood-Blessed. She didn't go into it, but from what I gathered, it didn't end well for anyone who knew the guy." 

Annabelle's heart sank, "What do you mean? You can't just dump this on me and not explain yourself Byte!"

Byte gripped her shoulders, "That's not why I brought it up. I'm telling you this, because I think the Commander will be okay with the mission ending up in the shit pile if you come back with me."

"What?" Annabelle breathed.

"The Commander is a very plany kind of person. I think she would be okay with the mission failing if it meant we would be getting someone who's Blood-Blessed on our side. Even better, we'd be taking a Blood-Blessed away from the BSA," Byte explained. 

Annabelle allowed what Byte was saying to sink in. She knew it was hubris to think that she was anything other than a pawn in the greater resistance-BSA fight. If she was going to be a pawn then she'd rather be one for the resistance. 

But there was one problem.

"Byte, if I don't go back to the giantes—I mean the Princesses—do you know what's going to happen?" Annabelle prompted.

Byte removed his hands from her shoulders and folded his arms. He lifted his chin up slightly and developed a contemplative expression. 

He replied, "The drones would probably find the people we rescued from the BSA. For now they're hidden in plain sight on a nearby island," Byte continued, "The BSA could also maybe find Mr. Richards and the secret passage way if they looked hard enough—which based on everything I've seen—they will."

Annabelle replied, "So even with all of those casualties, you're saying if I came back with you, your Commander would excuse the mission's failure? That she'd be okay with it?"

Byte nodded without any hesitation, "Yes."

Annabelle straightened up and resumed walking down the duct. "Well, I'm not," she said simply.

"What?" He hurried to follow her.

"I'm not okay with it. I won't be responsible for any more deaths," she stated. "My life is not any more valuable than anyone else's."

Byte threw her a dubious look. "I see where you're coming from, but this is war," he said. 

"Byte, I don't care. I have to be able to live with myself," Annabelle said, resolute. 

Annabelle continued to walk down the duct. Byte was quiet for a while before he replied, "Okay."

"Okay?"

He nodded, jogging up next to her, "I told you I'd back you up with whatever you decide."

Annabelle tried to cover her breath of relief. She was worried that she would have to do the next part by herself. 

As they passed another vent opening, Byte asked, "So what are we thinking? You could get out right now and pretend to be knocked out in the middle of the hallway but—"

"—I need to be somewhere they haven't checked before," Annabelle finished. 

Byte crossed his arms. He suggested, "You could ask one of our people. They could say that they found you."

Annabelle shook her head. She replied without missing a beat, "They'd kill them."

Byte's eyes widened, "What are you talking about? I mean they could tell the BSA that they found you somewhere—not that they took you."

Annabelle sighed, "Byte, I know them, okay? They don't like anyone touching me—especially other Shrinkees. I don't want to get any Shrinkee involved in this."

Byte put his arms behind his back and sighed. "I guess we should try and find a place they probably haven't checked yet, then," he suggested.

Annabelle agreed, not having a better idea. Byte guided them down a pathway that led them away from the hallway. They soon came across another vent opening that emitted a dim light. Annabelle peered through the vent's cover and saw a large space that may have been a sitting room. Annabelle wasn't exactly sure, because all of the furniture in the room had been thrown askew. Chairs were flipped upside down and the rug had been removed and thrown against the wall.

"I guess they already searched through here," Byte said in awe.

Annabelle turned away from the disheveled room before she became overwhelmed. 

"Let's keep looking," Annabelle muttered.

As they walked through the duct, they found room after room of already searched spaces. Just as Annabelle was considering abandoning the plan and making up a new excuse for the BSA, she heard a familiar voice coming from one of the vents.

Annabelle peered out of the vent's covering and froze when she realized what was happening within the room. It was filled with suits lined up side by side. Instead of their usual bloodthirsty or expressionless faces, anxiety filled their features. In front of them stood the furious man whose voice Annabelle had heard. General Abbot glowered at his men.

"Disappointed doesn't begin to cover what I'm feeling right now," he said. His voice was low, but full of fury. "On an island with over a hundred of my top men, my closest friends and their families—"

He suddenly roared so loudly Annabelle was able to see his throat veins from the vent, "My wife and my daughter!" Annabelle and Byte flinched from his intensity. She caught several suits also wince.

"—Were all rendered unconscious by perpetuators that are somehow still unknown to us." He paced in front of the suits. "Someone tell me why I shouldn't permanently dismiss you all right now?"

The room was painfully silent. The suits all stared ahead with their arms to their sides like soldiers. 

"Yancy," General Abbot abruptly called. A suit with curly blond hair nearly jumped out of his boots. He straightened up.

"Yes sir?" He attempted to answer loudly, but his voice warbled.

General Abbot stopped right in front of him. He leaned in, inches away from his face.

He asked, "As of late, what has been top priority in your duties? I'll give you a hint: it's in the name."

Yancy swallowed what was probably a mouthful of nervous spit. "Ensuring that Priority 0 is secure," he managed to reply.

General Abbot stared silently into his eyes before he yelled, "Coulson!"

Yancy flinched, but as General Abbot moved onto his next prey, the blond was visibly relieved. A brown haired suit straightened up as General Abbot made his way over to him.

"Yes sir!" 

"Is Priority 0 worth more than your car?"

"Yes sir!"

"Is Priority 0 worth more than your house?"

"Yes sir!" 

"Coulson! Is Priority 0 worth more than you and every last one of your shit-stained for brains comrades combined?"

"Yes sir!"

General Abbot turned to the rest of the men and stomped his foot. He roared, "Then why the fuck has Priority 0 still not been located?"

A hush fell over the room. Annabelle knew she should've moved on to a different room, but she was horrifically mesmerized by General Abbot's intensity. 

Byte placed his hand on Annabelle's shoulder. It was only then did she notice she was clenching her fists so tightly that she almost was drawing blood. She gave him an awkward smile and unclenched her hand. 

"We should go," Byte suggested gently.

Annabelle nodded. Just as they started to retreat, the room's door burst open. Annabelle's blood turned to ice when she saw who had barged in.

A suit pushed a figure onto the floor. The man was still as he slid to General Abbot's feet. It took her a second to recognize him, because his face was swollen and covered in blood. It was only the white chef's coat that tipped her off to Dufort's identity. 

"What the hell is this, Briggs?" General Abbot barked. 

The suit smirked and Annabelle's breath hitched. She also recognized him. It was the same suit that had beaten the woman in the kitchen, and disappeared to presumably torture the servant that had carried them in the wine bottle.

"I found this bug-kin out on the beach," Briggs announced proudly.

"Briggs you better have a good fucking reason for interrupting me with this bullshit," General Abbot hissed.

Briggs' smug expression intensified. He grinned, "Earlier I found a bug having a bit of a booze and a break on the beach. Before I take him to have a quick private chat, I go down to the kitchen and tell the bug-kin in there to get rid of the booze. So why did I just now find This bug-kin with a wine bottle on the beach?"

General Abbot's expression went from irritated to intrigued. He glanced down at Chef Dufort's bloody form.

Briggs explained, "He tried to tell me that he was throwing away the empty bottle the bug had from before. He said he got 'lost'." He used air quotations when he said "lost". 

General Abbot crossed his arms. His frown deepened. 

"So," he started gruffly, "Two bugs—well a bug and a bug-kin—but the same wine bottle and the same beach."

Briggs smiled proudly. "Something's not right, huh sir?" He said.

General Abbot huffed. He prodded Dufort's busted face with his boot. Dufort didn't move. Annabelle was too far away to see if he was breathing. She gripped the vent's cover and prayed.

"I would've like to ask him what he was doing out there, but it seems as though you've robbed me of that opportunity," General Abbot growled.

To Briggs' merit, he didn't falter under General Abbot's livid gaze.

"He's not dead," Briggs assured, "We just had a spirited debate over his actual whereabouts." 

Byte seethed next to Annabelle. "Shit head," he hissed. Annabelle was a mix of crippling guilt and rage. Dufort had done nothing wrong. Annabelle's gut twisted as she watched his unmoving body trickle with blood.

Briggs placed his hands in his pockets. Annabelle shook as his heavy steps rattled she and Byte. Briggs strutted over to the wall where Annabelle and Byte were hidden. He leaned against the wall as he stepped in front of the vent. His gigantic boots blocked Annabelle's vision of the rest of the room.

She felt Byte tug at her arm. "We need to go," he said, forcing her attention away from the arrogant suit.

Annabelle pulled away from him, "I can't leave Chef Dufort like this."

Byte scolded her, "You can't do anything for him now."

General Abbot sighed. He sounded more exhausted than angry. He glanced at one of the suits he had scared before. 

"Coulson go bring me a bucket of ice water, some jumper cables, and a battery," He ordered. Annabelle was going to be sick. She leaned against the vent, trying to steady herself.

"Yes sir!" The suit chirped. He rushed out of the room.

"Let's go," Byte said again. He gritted his teeth and faced away from the room. 

Annabelle didn't move. She was sick of feeling helpless. She had promised Dufort that she would help him find his daughter. She couldn't let him get tortured like some animal.

In front of them, Briggs shifted his feet. He was so obviously giddy.

"I wish I had my sword, so I could slit his ankles," Byte spat. Annabelle paused. The vague electricity of the beginnings of an idea tickled her brain.

"What?" Annabelle muttered. 

"Oh, I have a sword. I made it myself out of a sharp rock I found—"

"No," Annabelle hushed him. The idea was turning into something more solid. She spun around and glanced at her surroundings. When her eyes landed on one of the screws in the vent, Annabelle's idea transformed into a plan.

She turned to Byte, determined. 

"Exactly how good are you with computers?"


----


Byte held the makeshift gag in his hand. He gave Annabelle the same excited, but uncertain smile he had been wearing since Annabelle had told him the plan.

"Ready?" He asked.

"No," Annabelle said honestly. No normal person would've ever been ready for something like what she was going to do. 

"Good, me either," Byte smiled. 

Annabelle relaxed at bit as he grinned at her. 

She reiterated, "Now you know the second you get the screw back, you have to run to whatever computer thing you have and place the information. The General isn't just going to take me at my word—not at first at least. I don't know how long you'll have, but he's going to want proof after he takes me back to the Princesses." 

Byte nodded, "Yeah, I can do that easy." 

Annabelle smiled, "Thanks Byte. I can't believe everything you've done for me. You didn't have to go this far."

Byte shook her head dismissively, "I first joined the resistance because it seemed interesting. I like interesting things. And you? You're really interesting."

Annabelle laughed softly, "Well I'm glad this could be an entertaining night for you."

Byte's smile faltered for a moment. Tentatively he proposed, "There is one way you could pay me back."

Annabelle raised an eyebrow, "What is it?"

Byte asked, nervously, "Uh, could you tell me your name?" Before Annabelle could say anything, Byte quickly added, "I mean I figured you didn't mention it for a reason, but I just wanted to know, ya know? If that's okay with you."

Annabelle considered his request. Byte was a remember of the Resistance, so he was already in danger. Knowing her name wouldn't change that. Plus, it would be nice if someone actually used her real name.

"All right," Annabelle decided, she chuckled at Byte's bright smile, "My name is Annabelle."

"Annabelle," Byte repeated, as if he were trying on her name like new suit, "It fits you."

Annabelle smiled bashfully at his words. Quickly changing the subject, Annabelle motioned to the gag in Byte's hands. Byte looked down at the gag. 

"Oh right," he muttered.

"Remember, don't be afraid to tie it tight," Annabelle said.

Byte nodded and pressed the gag against her lips. They had torn the fabric of her clothes to make it. Byte didn't hold back as he secured it around her head. As he was tying the gag around her, she heard the door open. It must've been Coulson with the torture devices.

"Shit," Annabelle tried to unsuccessfully say through the gag. Byte quickened his pace. He ripped a piece of Annabelle's shirt and started to tie her wrists together in front of her. 

General Abbot's gruff voice noted, "Just in time, it looks like he's coming to." 

Annabelle heard a quiet gurgling noise from Dufort. He was no doubt choking on his blood. 

General Abbot commanded Coulson, "Go set it up, we're wasting time here."

Annabelle and Byte exchanged determined glances. Byte hurriedly finished up. When her bindings were secure, Annabelle rushed over to the vent. She didn't know how much time she would have, so she had to make it quick.

Annabelle did a quick scan to see if the coast was clear. Like she anticipated, the suits' attention was on Dufort and the torture he was about to receive. Annabelle took the opportunity to squeeze through the vent's opening. It was a little difficult with her hands tied, but she managed to get through. 

She spun around, prepared to begin the next part of the plan, but Byte only stared at her with an unfocused expression. Her eyes widened as she frantically motioned for him to retrieve the screw on the ground. 

Byte blinked and seemed to break away from his trance. He rushed over to the screw, stumbling over himself to get it. The entire time, Byte kept looking back at her with an expression Annabelle couldn't read. 

Annabelle didn't know what the hell his problem was. They had gone over the plan repeatedly. 

Finally, Byte brought the screw over to her. As he navigated it through the vent's cover, Byte continued to steal glances at Annabelle as if she were a puzzle he had nearly solved. 

Annabelle groaned into the gag, trying to get his attention. She looked at him with incredulous eyes. 

"S-Sorry," Byte murmured. After a bit of struggling, he was able to send the screw through the vent's cover. 

Carefully, Annabelle grabbed the screw with her bound hands and spun around. Thankfully, the suits' attention was still on Dufort. Even better, Briggs was remained right in front of the vent. 

Annabelle took tentative steps toward Briggs. She had to get it right. Chef Dufort's life was at stake. She was so focused that she nearly dropped the screw when she heard Byte's frantic voice.

Annabelle turned around to see he was trying to tell her something. It was difficult to hear him over Coulson setting up the instruments of torture. 

She only caught pieces of what he was saying, "...nie? Name...nnie? The...mander...ister...name...you?" 

For the life of her, Annabelle could not discern what he was saying. The ground shook and Annabelle spun back around to see Briggs was shifting his legs again. Annabelle stopped breathing while she waited for him to stop moving. Luckily he stayed where he was. 

Annabelle exhaled through her nose, relieved. She didn't turn back around. She couldn't let herself be distracted by anything. She just hoped that what Byte was trying to tell her wasn't too important. 

Annabelle gulped, braced herself and neared Briggs. She was thankful that his pants weren't too tight. The asshole was leaning against the wall, which allowed easy access to his footwear. His boots were practically sideways.

With not as much difficulty as she'd expected with her hands bound, Annabelle climbed up his boot. The next part required her to be faster than she'd ever been in her life. 

Annabelle ducked underneath his pants. She knew that it was a real possibility that he'd felt her. Before he could inspect himself, Annabelle acted. 

In the darkness of Briggs' pant leg, Annabelle gripped the screw in her hands and impaled through the skin of his leg with all of the force the Shrinkee could muster. She'd known she succeeded when she felt the warm liquid of his blood coat her bound hands.

The giant roared with pain, causing the room to fall silent. Quickly, Annabelle removed the nail from his flesh, pulling another scream from the suit. She tossed it outside of the pant leg and hoped for the best. If she threw it with enough force, Byte wouldn't have to run very far to retrieve the bloody screw. 

Annabelle steeled herself for the next part. Suddenly, she was in the air as Briggs kicked his boot off. She closed her eyes and braced for pain. Annabelle landed on the floor, instantly snapping her left arm into pieces. She withered on the ground, her screams muffled through her gag. 

"Wha—What the hell!" She heard Briggs yelp. Suddenly he wasn't sounding so smug. 

She shook as two gigantic boots approached her. A shadow casted over the Shrinkee. Expanding to the heavens, General Abbot's enormous face looked down at her, stunned, from miles above.

Wordlessly, he bent down, which was a terrifying act within itself for Annabelle. She began to scream more from the fear than the pain. His godlike hands filled her sky. Gentler than she would've thought him capable, General Abbot picked her from the floor. He placed her in the center of his massive, rough hand. His rugged, but handsome face neared closer. It was only because she was so close she was able to notice the relief in his features as he stared down at her.

In an instant it was gone.

His face darkened. He looked up and turned to Briggs. 

Slowly, but darkly, he asked, "Is there a reason Priority 0 was inside of your clothes?"

Briggs' face was paler than printer paper. His eyes wide he stammered, "S-Sir I have no idea. I didn't know she was in there. S-Someone's setting me up!"

General Abbot raised an eyebrow, "Someone's setting you up?" He repeated.

"I-I swear—" Briggs blubbered.

As amazing as it was to watch the giant asshole sputter over himself, Annabelle had to start the next part of the plan. She sat up and wiggled in General Abbot's hand. Her arm seared with pain, but Annabelle knew she had to get his attention if she wanted the plan to be successful. 

General Abbot looked down at her. Annabelle was reminded of how much he looked like his daughter. Again, surprisingly gentle, General Abbot's massive fingers pulled at her gag and undid her binds. They easily fell apart under his force of strength. 

Annabelle panted and dramatically gasped for air. With her puppy dog eyes, Annabelle looked up at the giant. The Shrinkee's heart skipped when she caught the slightest glint of affection in Abbot's eyes. 

She didn't hesitate. She sobbed, "General Abbot! He—He tried to take me away! He said he was going to sell me!"

As expected, Briggs exploded. 

"She's fucking lying! I never touched her!" He shouted.

General Abbot barked at him, "Shut the fuck up! Did I tell you to speak?" 

Annabelle flinched at the sheer volume of the General, but when he looked back down at her, his voice was soft.

"Tell me what happened, Poppy," He asked.

Annabelle had to use all of her energy to keep from showing her delighted surprise at hearing him call her by her "name". 

Annabelle started, "He—"

She gritted her teeth when she was interrupted by her arm reattaching itself. She wished she could talk through the pain. She didn't want General Abbot to become impatient with her.

But when she raised her head, General Abbot was waiting for her to continue with the upmost patience. 

Annabelle didn't want to keep him waiting any longer.

She explained, "Right after you guys drank the wine and fell asleep, he came into the room and started eating the other Shrinkees. I think he was waiting for you all to fall asleep. Then he took me and the other Shrinkees he didn't eat and shoved us into his pockets. He went outside to the beach and called some guy on the phone. He was talking about selling the other Shrinkees. Then he said he had something 'big and top secret' for him." 

Annabelle gave General Abbot a pitiful look, "I think he was talking about me."

"What are you talking about? That never happened!" Briggs shouted. The suit looked absolutely livid.

General Abbot nodded at several other suits who were lined up. Two suits went over to Briggs and subdued him. They grabbed his shoulders, and covered his mouth. Briggs struggled against them, outraged.

"Go on," General Abbot told Annabelle. 

Annabelle nodded, "Then one of the butlers saw him, and I think he got scared that he was going to get caught. He took him to the kitchen and started talking about a missing wine bottle? I'm not sure, it was really confusing. But he punched one of the chefs and then he went and beat up the butler."

Annabelle sneaked a glimpse at Briggs. His eyes were wide, but with more confusion than rage. Annabelle knew that was going to trip him up. The best lies had a sprinkle of truth. Briggs was probably wondering how she knew about him tormenting the innocent servants. 

Annabelle continued, "He went back out to the beach, because I think he was supposed to meet the guy from the phone. But you all had woken up, and the other men were on the beach. I think he got scared, because he started eating and killing the other Shrinkees—"

Annabelle sniffed and held herself tightly, "It was really scary. I tried to stop him, but he threw me on the ground and stepped on me. Then that chef saw him," 

Annabelle pointed to Dufort who was on his stomach, silently listening to the story.

"—I think he was throwing something away, but he saw me and tried to stop the man from taking me. They fought and the chef stabbed him with a sharp rock, but the man was too strong. He hurt the chef until he stopped moving. T-Then..."

Annabelle pretended to break down again. She was shocked when she felt pressure on her head. General Abbot gave her an, albeit awkward, pat on the head. 

Annabelle sniffed and continued as the General removed his finger from her head. 

"He made the last Shrinkee rip my clothes and tie me up so I couldn't make any noise. Then he ate that Shrinkee. He put me in his pants and brought the chef here to you and lied about everything. I got out, but I had to dig into the spot where the chef hurt him before," Annabelle explained, finishing up her falsified story.

Briggs tried to shout through the other suit's hand. 

Abbot scowled when he turned to him. He nodded at the suit who covered his mouth. The suit uncovered Briggs' mouth, revealing his unhinged expression.

"Explain yourself," General Abbot spat.

Annabelle straightened up and watched Briggs. She had also planned for this part.

Briggs started off intensely, "She," she hissed, spittle flying out of his mouth, "Is lying."

General Abbot's frown deepened, "Are you saying you didn't drug me and my family, eat the Shrinkees, and attack the servants?"

"No," Briggs insisted. He hesitated before correcting himself, "Okay, I did shove a few bugs and bug-kin around, but only because they were acting suspicious, sir!" 

"Why was she in your pants, Briggs?" Abbot demanded. 

Briggs shook his head, "I don't know, but she's making it all up!" He glowered at the other suits in the room, "I don't know if one of these jealous bastards is trying set me up, but I swear on my mother's grave that I didn't do any of that shit, sir!"

Annabelle's eyebrows raised at the sudden deflection to his comrades. She hadn't expected him to attack them too, but it was a welcome surprise. Based on their faces, they weren't too pleased by the accusation. 

General Abbot ignored his outburst. He calmly asked, "Why did you scream?"

Briggs shrugged as well as he could while being restrained, "She bit me, or stabbed me or something, I don't know!"

Abbot glanced down at Annabelle with a skeptical expression. He turned back to Briggs. 

"She's a three-inch teenage Shrinkee. You're saying her bite caused you to almost shit your pants?" General Abbot queried.  

"Then she stabbed me!" Briggs shouted.

General Abbot paused, then called out, "Yancy, go search the area for something this teenage Shrinkee could've used to hurt one of our trained men."

"Yes sir!" The blond replied. He scurried over to where Briggs had been standing. He scrutinized the surrounding area, but of course found nothing.

"There's nothing, sir," Yancy reported. 

Briggs fought against the suits who held him. "No I felt something!" He protested, "You didn't check hard enough!"

General Abbot stormed up to Briggs. Annabelle felt his thick fingers wrap around her body protectively. 

Briggs was so pale, he was nearly translucent. He pleaded, "Sir I—"

General Abbot snarled at him, "I know you want more than anything for me not end your life right now, but when I'm done with you, you're gonna wish every breath is gonna be your last."

Annabelle shuddered at the bloodlust in the General's eyes. He glanced at the suits on either side of Briggs. 

"Take him to the basement," Abbot ordered. 

Briggs started crying. "Please sir, I promise it wasn't me, please!" The suits dragged him away without any fanfare. Annabelle could still hear his blubbering as they pulled him away. 

General Abbot uncurled his fingers and settled Annabelle in the center of his palm. 

"Let's get you back to where you belong," he declared.

Annabelle nodded up at him. There was, of course, the ever present feeling of dread and despair that lingered, but she was also proud. Her plan had been successful, and if Byte followed through with his end of the plan then it would stay a success. 

General Abbot made a move for the door, when he stopped himself. His eyes flickered over to Dufort. 

"Bring him to the Eastern hall to get first aid," he commanded. 

The suits looked shocked. One of them started to blurt out, "But he's a—"

General Abbot narrowed his eyes. They stood at attention.

"Yes sir," the suit nodded.

General Abbot left the room as the suits began to help Dufort to his feet. Annabelle bobbed along to General Abbot's gigantic steps. He walked through the hallway in silence. 

Annabelle stared up at him. He looked exhausted. As far as Annabelle was concerned, he had gotten off easily by being drugged. The BSA had murdered dozens of people only hours before, the least they could suffer was the fear of waking up with their prey gone. 

"What Poppy?" General Abbot suddenly asked in his gruff voice. Annabelle supposed she had been staring at him for too long. Quickly, Annabelle came up with something.

"How are my Goddesses?" She asked innocently. 

General Abbot exhaled, blowing air against Annabelle. 

"Physically, they're fine. We had everyone checked out by our on-site medic. Mentally...well let's just get you back to them," General Abbot said.

That was about what Annabelle had expected. She'd wished at least one of them would've had a heart attack or something.

"Are you going to send the Goddesses back to the house with more of your men?" Annabelle inquired. 

General Abbot furrowed his brow, "What? No. There's no going back. We're under lockdown for the rest of the year. We'll all be going back to our homes while I retrain and restructure our security from the top-down."

Annabelle froze. That was unexpected. 

"W-What about the Goddesses' school?" Annabelle probed.

"The semester is almost over, and they can work remotely," General Abbot replied. 

Annabelle's heart was pounding as she considered something. Before she could ask, a piercing sob broke her concertation. She flinched and looked ahead of her. A singular door waited for them at the end of the hallway they were walking down. She could hear the giantesses cries before they even reached the door. 

Annabelle's head shot up towards the General. 

"Who will I be staying with?" She squeaked. 

The General approached the door. A thoughtful look crossed his face. 

"I hadn't thought of that," he admitted. 

As he reached for the door's handle, he looked down at Annabelle with a raised brow. 

"I guess they'll just have to take turns."


Chapter End Notes:

Well there you have it. The giantesses' backstories can commence. I am aware some of you will be fans of this chapter, while others...not so much. Either way, tell me what your thoughts are. 

Some potential questions:

What did you think of the characters that were introduced/mentioned? (Only some of them are actually pivotal to the plot--so don't worry if you hated someone [Agent x])

Blood-Blessed? What's up with that, right?

Which giantess are you hoping the next set of chapters will be about? (I already have the order set, but I'm curious as to what you guys are hoping for)

What are some things about the giantesses you're curious about? (It was a question about the giantesses' Majors that spurred this question.)

Anyway, I enjoyed writing this chapter, but I'm definitely putting a word limit for future stories.