- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hey guys! Hope you all have been well! So sorry for disappearing on you guys! I was having some health stuff, but I'm much better now, so don't worry. To make it up, here's a long chapter.


Enjoy!



Nell's lemon scent coated Annabelle's nose. The giant teenager pressed the "S" key on her desktop's keyboard. 

The screen brightened and ding rang through Nell's room. The computer displayed the "congratulations" sign that showed Nell had guessed correctly.

Nell smiled proudly. "Stargazer," she read the word Annabelle had chosen for her turn at Hangman.  Annabelle nodded, matching Nell's grin. It was the name of Lena Persson's first model replica spacecraft.

"That's four in a row for me Poppy," Nell said, "you know what that means?"

Annabelle rolled her eyes, "Fine, please retrieve your disgusting concoction."

Nell playfully narrowed her eyes at the Shrinkee, "You're saying that now, but I already know you're about to beg me for more chocolate covered licorice. Okay, I'll be right back."

Nell got up to move. Annabelle's breathing slowed. Her enormous form briefly cast a shadow over the desk Annabelle stood on. Her shoulder length hair was held in a small ponytail that framed her cute face. Her gigantic feet caused the tiniest of tremors with every foot step she took. In skipping out of the bedroom, excited to make her unique snack, Annabelle noticed Nell had forgotten her slippers.

WE CAN OFFER TO CLEAN HER MAGNIFICENT FEET WHEN SHE RETURNS.

Annabelle sighed. Her...interest in Nell had been an unfortunate progression of events, but like all of her problems, she would ignore it and focus on something else.

As if on cue, Nell's computer dinged. It was a chat notification from Nell's gaming friends. It was from Harley, the one with the cherry tomato lover. 

*Skipping the rally, so don't bother using the link to the stream—I won't be there!*

Annabelle frowned. Her instincts were going haywire again. Another ding. This time from another one of Nell's friends.

*Dude what the hell, I was gonna sneak off my shift to watch you!*

Harley responded *Sorry gonna ditch with my mans ;D  *

Annabelle's stomach was starting to hurt her. She had to know. She knew it was probably nothing, but she had to know.

Annabelle maneuvered Nell's mouse to pull up her chat history. After some brief searching she was able to find the link Harley shared. She clicked on it and pressed the mute button before the band could start blaring out music. She did a quick scan of the video and her heart sank when the band was comprised of high schoolers, and not college students like she'd hoped.

Annabelle pushed through her dread and found the high school's name. She glanced at the bedroom door before searching it into the web browser. Nell's monstrosity sounded like it would take a while to make, but Annabelle didn't want to get caught. She wouldn't know how to explain what she was doing researching her friend.

The high school popped right up. Annabelle tensed and clicked on the link for the staff directory. Fully not breathing, Annabelle's eyes poured over each and every photo. She finally exhaled when she realized she hadn't found what she was looking for.

"I'm totally being insane," she muttered to herself. She backed out of the school website and went to close the internet browser. Something stopped her. 

Annabelle slammed the goosebumps rising on her arm. "Shit," she hissed. She couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. 

Grimacing, Annabelle searched his name and the school's name into the browser. Nothing came up. She knew she should just let it go, but she tried again. This time she searched his name and the school's surrounding area. 

There was something. A post in a neighborhood forum, a simple inquiry. 

STATISTICS TUTOR?

Annabelle's mouth turned dry. There was a single reply. A suggestion of a highly educated tutor. It was him. He was going by a shortened first name, but it was him.

Annabelle's heart pounded in her ears. How could he be doing this? After everything that had happened—after everything Zoey had done—how could he still be doing this?

The sickening swirl of dread filled nausea was interrupted by a rhythmic and powerful booming from outside Nell's bedroom door. Annabelle flinched, remembering where she was and what she was doing. 

She hurriedly exited out of her web browser and deleted any evidence of her investigation. The bedroom door burst open with an explosion of chaotic energy that almost sent Annabelle's already turmoil inflicted mind into feral Shrinkee mode.

Nell hopped into the room on one foot, hissing and moaning. She held a large object in her hand that she threw onto her bed. 

Annabelle was in awe of the tremendous power of Nell's erratic movements. The gigantic teen plopped onto the desk chair in front of Annabelle. The Shrinkee was brought to her knees by the tremors Nell caused. 

Nell threw her head back and released a groan, sending vibrations throughout Annabelle's body. 

POWERFUL. POWERFUL. POWERFUL.

Annabelle ignored Poppy and pulled herself up to her feet.

"N-Nell! Nell!" She called over the pounding of her own heart.

Nell opened her eyes, just barely. Watery brown eyes stared back at Annabelle. The giant teenager's face was twisted with pain.

"Splinter," she said through her teeth. 

Annabelle's gaze traveled downwards. She couldn't see her foot underneath the desk, but her entire lower body was trembling. Her legs, her knees...her thighs.

JUMP ON THEM.

Annabelle whipped her head back up to Nell's face. She had gone back to groaning at the ceiling. Annabelle called her again.

"Nell! Let me see!" She demanded.

Nell gave her a look of uncertainty. But then she winced again, and Annabelle found herself in the enormous girl's grasp. The lemon scent was caked into her hand along with the damp smell of sweat. Annabelle was lowered to the floor. Wind wisped past Annabelle's ears and her stomach flipped until she was placed onto the hardwood floor. It had been cleaned—most likely by one of the many servants in the mansion—but that didn't stop Annabelle from noticing the specs of dust and debris on the floor. 

The ground shook. Nell moved and turned the chair she sat in so her foot was out from under the desk. Annabelle stood in awe at the huge college student's movements. The massive teenager shifted her foot so it was placed right in front of the Shrinkee. Annabelle was covered in the shadow from the enormous foot. 

Annabelle instinctively backed away from the wall of flesh, but her eyes were stuck on it. Nell's foot, like the floor, was had sprinkles of dirt and dust littered across it. The huge thing was about the same size as Naomi's. It dwarfed Annabelle. Its clenched toes loomed overhead.

It was so close, Annabelle couldn't even see the rest of Nell's body from behind the foot without backing up further and craning her neck to the heavens. Although there was a not so small part of Annabelle that wanted to do exactly that and see Nell in her full gigantic size as she had done when she'd killed the praying mantis, the Shrinkee had other concerning manners.

Nell still whimpered above her, cringing in pain. Annabelle looked past the sheer massiveness of Nell's foot, and actually looked at it. Right towards the lower section of her sole, was a piece of wood protruding from her flesh. The surrounding areas of skin were a pinkish red. 

Annabelle grimaced, that did look painful. The Shrinkee hesitantly approached the foot, feeling the gentle waves of heat emitting from the body part. Annabelle gently placed her hand on the splinter. Nell's foot seemingly teleported away. The giant girl hissed and yelped in pain, scooting away from Annabelle's touch.

Annabelle, herself, nearly died from the shock of such an enormous being moving so quickly. Her fear remained internal, so her only physical reaction was quick eye blinks. 

Nell's cries lowered and she sheepishly returned to her original position. The vast foot was once again in front of Annabelle.

"Sorry, Poppy," Nell sniffed. "I'll try to hold still," she said.

Annabelle nodded tentatively at the foot, despite knowing Nell couldn't see her. Annabelle considered her next steps. She needed a different approach. A vague and distant memory floated into her mind. 

She'd gotten a cut on her foot as a child. Her father had managed to treat her despite her sobbing and wiggling around. Annabelle looked at the giant foot. It was a risky method, but it wasn't as though she had a plethora pf options. 

Annabelle moved even closer to the foot. The smell of lemons and sweat filled her nostrils. She would have to be fast and precise. She couldn't hesitate. Annabelle lifted both of her arms towards Nell's foot.

WAIT.

Annabelle jumped, and froze in place. 

USE THIS MOMENT TO TAKE IN YOUR GODDESS' GLORIOUS BEING. HER ENORMITY. HER POWER. SHE IS

The Shrinkee attacked Nell's foot like she planned. Her right hand gripped the thankfully small splinter, while her left hand's fingers sporadically danced across her sole.

Nell tensed up in surprise. She jerked back with a laugh, but this time Annabelle was ready. She held the splinter tightly in her hand. It dislodged from the sole when Nell jerked back. Annabelle's arm nearly was pulled out of its socket from the abrupt force, but the mission was successful. The splinter fell from Annabelle's limp hand and landed on the floor, deep into some crack in between the tiny gaps of the floorboards.

Nell's gasp pulled Annabelle's attention away from the floor. 

"Poppy, oh my gosh, thank you so much!" Nell said from her chair, high above.

Annabelle tried to settle her pounding heart. She inhaled deeply and angled her neck so she was looking up at Nell. She cupped her hands around her mouth to amplify her voice.

"How is your foot? Are you still hurting?" Annabelle shouted up at her.

Nell gave Annabelle a small smile, "It's a lot better, thanks so much."

"It's no problem," Annabelle shouted. A twinge of a cramp flickered along Annabelle's shoulder blades. Her neck was starting to hurt from all of the straining and craning. 

"Um, Nell?" Annabelle called, "Are you okay, or can I get back on the desk?"

Nell's eyebrows slightly raised at that question, which surprised Annabelle. Did she think she would stay on the floor forever? A strange look briefly passed over Nell's face. She hesitated before asking, "A-Actually can you check if it's bleeding?" 

Before Annabelle could say anything, Nell's foot had taken up her field of vision once again. Annabelle swallowed a yelp. The immense thing had moved so quickly it created a wind that ruffled Annabelle's hair.

A wall of foot flesh stared back at Annabelle.

"H-How is it?" Nell asked. 

Her voice was strange, but Annabelle couldn't really decipher what was off about it. The Shrinkee's head was too busy attempting to ignore Poppy's lust.

KISS IT. IMAGINE THE WARMTH OF HER SOLE AGAINST OUR TONGUE. HER SCENT ON OUR LIPS. 

"No, it's not bleeding!" Annabelle shouted up to Nell, desperately trying to force Poppy out of her head.

"That's weird, it kinda feels a little prickly still," Nell said. Annabelle couldn't see her face, but she could tell Nell was concerned—well concerned and whatever strange emotion she was hiding. 

KISS IT.

Annabelle scrunched her face. Poppy was becoming more and more distracting. Annabelle considered the massive foot in front of her. She could kill two birds with one stone.

"What about now?" Annabelle called up with a small grin.

She attacked Nell's sole with tickling fingers. It was a good way for Poppy to be satisfied by touching Nell, even if it was for a brief moment. Also, the giant teenager would laugh, distracting her from her pain. 

It worked. For a second.

Nell exploded with laughter that shook Annabelle. But instead of the gigantic girl jerking away again, this time her foot fell forward. Annabelle didn't even have time to scream. The colossal foot collided into her, bringing her flat onto the floor with it. 

Annabelle was smushed against Nell's huge foot. Her body was completely covered by the sole. Darkness was all around her. It was a surreal experience. The coldness of the hardwood floor prickled her back, while the sweltering damp lemon scented sweat of Nell's foot warmed her front. The Shrinkee's head had turned sideways in the fall so her left check was being pressed against Nell's sole, while her right check was squeezed against the dusty floor.

The air wasn't actively being wrung out of Annabelle's body, but she wasn't getting any either. The Shrinkee didn't move, not wanting to expend any unnecessary breath. Nell would get off of her at any second.

ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?

Annabelle's stomach sank. Poppy had a point. Nell wasn't moving. Panic started to rise in Annabelle. What the hell was she doing? It wasn't as though the gigantic teenager hadn't noticed she'd stepped on Annabelle. Even if she hadn't noticed, Annabelle wasn't the size of an ant, she knew from experience with the giantesses that a Shrinkee underfoot was a very noticeable sensation. 

Annabelle tried to move an inch. Nothing. She was absolutely trapped. She couldn't even scream. What the fuck was going through Nell's head? Was she angry that Annabelle had tickled her again? Was she distracted by something?

Annabelle's lungs were desperate to unleash a scream. That was out of the question. The most she could do was wiggle her fingers. The Shrinkee paused. She willed her fingers to quickly brush against Nell's skin.

A twitch.

Annabelle wiggled her fingers again. She put all of her energy into tickling Nell. Her fingers were cramping, but she had to bear it. 

Nell's foot reacted in turn, twitching against her. Annabelle kept at it until the enormous teenager's foot peeled from her small body.

Annabelle gasped, sucking in air to her lungs. She still lay on the floor, trying to regain her breath. Nell's giant face appeared above. Even cast in her shadow, Annabelle could see the deep blush across her cheeks. 

"W-Why did you do that?" Nell asked, flustered. 

Annabelle propped herself up with her elbows. "Why did do that?" She shouted up at her, perplexed. "Nell, why didn't you get off of me?" She demanded.

Nell's face only reddened more. "No! That's not—i-it was an accident. A reflex! I thought I heard someone coming. I thought it could've been Naomi and I just panicked," she babbled.

"She doesn't even come back for another—"

"I know, I know, but I just freaked out, I'm sorry," Nell fretted. 

Annabelle sat all the way up, frowning. Her mind was a swirl of emotions and thoughts—all of them shoving against each other. She was humiliated from being stepped on, but there was also a not so small part of Poppy's brain that had immensely enjoyed it. There was also the deep concern she felt that Nell was so obviously lying. 

As Annabelle had seen before on Thanksgiving, Nell was an offensively bad liar. Nell may have accidently stepped on her, but her foot remaining on the Shrinkee was not done out of the concern of Naomi catching them.

THE ONLY CONCERN YOU SHOULD HOLD IS FOR OUR GODDESS' INSECURTIES. SHE SHOULD NOT FEEL AS THOUGH SHE CANNOT SHARE HER TRUE DESIRES WITH US. ESSPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE DESIRES WE ALSO SHARE.

Annabelle snarled under her breath, "Speak for yourself you fucking pervert."

Above her, Nell was still rambling, red faced and throwing out excuses as though Annabelle would somehow believe one of them. 

Annabelle held up her hand to interrupt the giant college student. "It's fine," she called up to her, "it was an accident so let's just move on."

The Shrinkee just wanted to put it behind her. She didn't want to break up the thing she had going with Nell. She didn't think she could take losing another friend—even if their friendship was plagued by one of them struggling to resist stepping on and eating the other.

Relief poured into Nell's face. "Oh, okay yeah," she said, nodding. A small smile spread across her lips. Her massive body shifted and her hand lowered right in front of Annabelle. The Shrinkee didn't hesitate stepping onto her palm, not wanting to give Nell reason to think she didn't trust her and make things awkward. 

Nell lifted her, but Annabelle was surprised when Nell also stood up. The Shrinkee plopped onto her butt down and wrapped an arm around Nell's thumb to steady herself. 

The giant girl walked over to her bed and sat down. The creaking of the mattress, which was probably unnoticeable to Nell, filled Annabelle's ears. Annabelle glanced down at the bed from her vantage point in Nell's hand and finally saw what the object Nell had brought in had been.

"Do you like it?" Nell chirped. 

Annabelle shifted until she was on her knees and crawled over to Nell's fingers tips. She peered down at Nell's surprise. A slow smile expanded across her lips.

It was a piano—an actual keyboard piano. It looked a lot older than the one she used to have, but even from high above, Annabelle could tell it was way more expensive than hers. 

"Where did you get this?" Annabelle asked, her eyes locked onto the piano.

Nell beamed, "I really can't remember. I think it was a present for Naomi or me when we were like super little or something. We probably only played with it on the day we got it."

Annabelle pushed past the disgruntled feelings she got from the disregard the Sano's sisters showed for their material wealth. When Annabelle's parents had gifted her a keyboard piano for her birthday, she'd played it every day. It had been one of her most prized possessions. She even managed to keep it a secret from Zoey for four years.

She paused. She didn't know where it was at that moment. When the giantesses had scoured her door room it hadn't been there. Chloe must've taken it. Or Oliver.

Maybe he sold that too. 

Annabelle shoved the thought out of her head. Oliver didn't matter. Her old keyboard didn't matter. She had new things to focus on. 

Annabelle's head jerked up. "Do you know how to play?" She asked.

Nell gave her a sheepish smile that made Annabelle's heart beat a little faster. The giant teenager shook her head. "No, I was actually um, hoping you could teach me a little," she said.

Annabelle's eyebrows shot up. "Wait, really?" She asked. 

"I mean if you don't mind," Nell said, a blush forming across her cheeks.

"Of course I don't mind," Annabelle said. She was so pleased, she didn't even mind when Nell's palm dipped a little too quickly as she placed her onto the keyboard. 

The hard black plastic of the top of the keyboard piano pressed against Annabelle's soles. Annabelle lowered herself to her knees. She placed her hand on the keyboard's surface. It was so bizarre. Music had always been a place of safety for her. But at her size that sense of familiarity was hazy.

Nell set her fingers on top of the keys. Annabelle frowned when she looked at her form. The Shrinkee shook her head. She gestured for Nell to bring her hand closer to her. 

Nell hesitated, but lifted her fingers to the Shrinkee. Annabelle placed both of her hands on Nell's pointer finger. She guided Nell's finger slightly inward towards her palm, ignoring how warm and soft her hands were. Annabelle did the same to all of Nell's fingers.

"You want to curl your fingers when you play," Annabelle explained.

"O-Oh yeah?" Nell said. Her finger trembled in Annabelle's hands. Annabelle did her best to ignore the deepening blush on Nell's face. She took a step back from Nell's lemon-scented hand. 

IMAGINE THOSE HANDS GRIPPING US. TOUCHING US. STROKING US. I BET HER SHYNESS WILL EVAPORATE WHEN SHE HOLDS OUR NAKED BODY--WHEN SHE REALIZES HOW MUCH CONTROL SHE HAS OVER US.

"Try and put your fingers on the keys," Annabelle said, cursing Poppy internally. Poppy's insanity wouldn't ruin her time with Nell.

Nell gulped and nodded. After some slight second guessing, Nell placed her fingers correctly on the keys. Annabelle grinned up at her, "Yup you got it."

The beaming smile Nell gave Annabelle almost caused a blush to form on Annabelle's own cheeks. 

"This feels a little awkward," Nell said, her fingers twitching out of position, slightly.

"You'll get used to it and then it'll feel natural eventually," Annabelle smiled. 

Nell returned Annabelle's smile. A hint of sadness flashed in her eyes. "Do you miss it?" She inquired, glancing at the piano. 

Annabelle's smile dimmed. "Yeah, kind of a lot. But I never thought I would be near another instrument again like this." She met Nell's brown eyes, "So thanks."

Nell's face lit up, "I thought you'd like it. It was definitely worth the splinter."

"Yeah, maybe," Annabelle giggled, "But don't go getting hurt again for me."

Nell's face adopted a sincerity that surprised Annabelle. "This is nothing. I may not be able to do a lot for you, Poppy, but I'll do as much as I can. I mean it."

Annabelle turned her face towards the keyboard so Nell wouldn't see the darkening of her cheeks that were burning her.

"Thanks," she said, clearing her throat. She pushed down all of the confusing feelings she was sure were being brought up by Poppy.

She shook her head and smiled up at Nell, "Now let's move on to notes."

---

"Annabelle...Annabelle!"

Annabelle's eyes shot open. She forced herself to remain still in the panty bed. Naomi's bedroom was dark, but Annabelle could make out the silhouette that belonged to the voice that had called her name.

"Byte?" Annabelle whispered. 

His smile was easily seen through the darkness of Naomi's room. He was eye level with Annabelle. The Shrinkee boy held himself up next to her bed by gripping the wired wall from the other side of the cage. Annabelle couldn't help but be reminded of a monkey from the way he hung onto the wall. 

"Hi," he grinned. 

Annabelle looked past Byte and towards Naomi. The giantess was thankfully still asleep in her bed. Whatever heir lesson she'd completed with her father had drained her so much that she'd fallen right asleep, without cradling Annabelle in her hand like she so often did at night. 

That didn't make what Byte had done any less dangerous.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Annabelle demanded through whispers. 

Byte's features twisted in confusion, "I thought you wanted me to visit?"

Annabelle nearly shot up in the bed. "Not when there are giants in the same room!" She struggled to keep her voice to a whisper.

Byte glanced back at Naomi. She slumbering form had not stirred even for a second since they'd been talking.

"Most giants can't hear us when they're asleep," he said. 

"There is a camera—"

"I saw, I don't think they can see me from this angle, I mean especially if you don't move out of that...is this a bed?" Byte inquired, his brown eyes scrutinizing the panty bed.

Annabelle's face warmed from Byte's gaze on the sleeping arrangements the giantesses had forced her into.

"Byte you need to leave," Annabelle hissed.

Byte didn't hesitate. "No."

"I'm serious—"

"So am I," Byte retorted. His voice was low, but his eyes were piercing into hers. His firm expression flustered her.

He questioned her during the silence. "How are you doing?" He asked. His voice was much gentler. 

Annabelle paused before answering truthfully, "Better than before."

Byte tilted his head, "Is that because of that of the youngest BSA member? The one with the glasses?"

Annabelle's eyebrows twitched. Byte's tone wasn't accusatory, but shame and guilt rose in Annabelle nonetheless. 

"Have you been spying on me?" She spat. She tried to coat her face with anger, but really she was terrified that Byte had seen Nell step on her.

Byte ignored her. He pressed closer up against the cage's wired wall. "You can't trust them, Annabelle. Not any of them," he said.

"I'm not an idiot," Annabelle snapped. 

"I've spoken to people who survived the BSA and they all say the same thing. The BSA will do and say any thing to get what they want from you. They'll lie to you, keep things from you, and twist up the truth so that you'll fall for whatever they say," he said. 

Annabelle rolled over on her side, so their faces were inches from each other—only separated by the wired wall.

"What about you?" She retorted. 

Byte blinked, "What?"

"You haven't told me about being Blood-Born or whatever the hell you call Type 0s," Annabelle pointed out, "I expect them to keep things from me, but why are you avoiding talking about this?"

"I'm not—"

"Bullshit," Annabelle interjected, "Every time this comes up, you either change the subject or say there's not enough time to discuss it. If I really am dangerous then I have a right to know."

Byte grunted. For the first time in their conversation he took his eyes away from her. "Why do you need to know every little thing? Just keep your blood away from our people and let the Resistance handle the rest," he pleaded.

"Again with the fucking blood," Annabelle groaned, "Why? All I'm asking is why my blood is so dangerous to other Shrinkees?"

"You knowing isn't going to change anything. Just listen to me and—"

"You sound exactly like them," Annabelle hissed, "'Just listen to me and do what I say,' Byte, I need to know, so I know what to look out for. For fuck's sake, Dr. Sano literally drained me of my blood. If she's using it for the reason that you won't tell me—"

Byte shook his head, "She doesn't know—none of them know. If they did we'd be in a falcon's nest worth of trouble."

"But she took my blood—"

"I took care of it," Byte revealed, "the tests won't show up as anything special."

Bitterness rose in Annabelle. She was relieved the resistance was attempting to stop the BSA, but knowing missions like these were happening not only under their noses, but hers as well was deeply isolating. 

"You're mad," Byte stated, cutting through her silent stewing. 

"I'm lost, Byte," Annabelle said, "No one will tell me anything. I feel like I'm in the eye of this massive hurricane, and people are dying all around me but I can't even see it."

Byte's face softened. "I don't like keeping you in the dark," he said, gently.

Annabelle leaned in closer to the wall. "Then don't," she pleaded. 

Byte was silent for a while. He closed his eyes, seemingly having an intense internal debate with himself. 

His eyes reopened.

"One question, you get to ask one question," he said. He quickly added, "Please don't ask about the Blood-Blessed stuff." 

Annabelle stopped herself from sitting up with excitement. She had so many things to ask—so many questions that kept her up at night. 

Although there was one thing that had been bothering her for a while. "The colonies. What is the BSA doing with all of those Shrinkees?" She asked. 

Byte's face turned grim. "Nothing good," he answered. 

Annabelle nodded at him to continue. He sighed. "We really don't know. Getting in and out of colonies is extremely difficult. They're more locked up than you are. All we know is that all our missions involving colony Shrinkees have been recon," he said.

Annabelle frowned, "Why?"

Byte explained, "The Commander won't take a chance. From what our reports have shown us, colony Shrinkees are super Influenced." 

"Influenced?" 

Byte clarified, "Shrinkees that believe in the BSA's bullshit—like that yellow-haired Shrinkee that hurt you."

Annabelle grimaced at the thought of hundreds of Shrinkees with Toe-Jam's tragic mindset. It was utterly horrific. 

Her eyes widened. "Wait, no, that's not true."

Byte's brow furrowed. "What's not true?"

"I met some people from a colony," Annabelle blurted, almost forgetting to make her voice a whisper. "They weren't Influenced. They hated the Governor," she said.

"Really?" Byte said, his head cocked to the side, reminding Annabelle less of a monkey and more of a puppy. 

She nodded, "He—He did something horrible to them and they wanted him dead." 

Byte's eyes shone with surprise. "What colony was it?" He asked, pressing himself into the wall again. 

Annabelle strained her memory, "Colony 8. No, colony 18?" Her chest fell, "I'm sorry I can't remember."

Byte blinked, "Wait, did you meet them when you were in Warren Windsor's house between the stone hills?"

It took Annabelle a minute to decipher that Byte meant the Windsor's mansion in the valley. "Yeah, when you saved me from the blonde Shrinkee who attacked me," she said.

Byte's face lit up. "Holy skies," he breathed. "That narrows it down, there's more than one colony in that house, but I think I can find them."

Annabelle piped up, "The woman from the colony was named Daria!"

Byte nodded with a grin, "Okay, that's helpful, I'll report back to the Commander. If we could liberate a colony and get some info from them that would be a huge win for the resistance."

For the first time in a while Annabelle felt pride flowing through her. She was actually helping!

She smiled, "See what happens when we work together? I'm telling you Byte, I'm a lot more useful when I'm clued in. I promise I can—"

The room exploded with light. Annabelle froze. Naomi was sitting up in her bed. Her mouth was stretched open in a yawn. 

"Poppy," she groaned out, rubbing her eyes. Annabelle turned to the wall with her heart in her throat, but Byte was already gone. Annabelle scanned the area outside of the cage and couldn't find a trace of the Shrinkee.

He was quick.

The giantess dragged her legs from under blanket and draped them over the side of her mattress. The bed creaked. 

Annabelle closed her eyes shut. She knew it was futile. Asleep or not, the giantesses always felt entitled to her person. The floors creaked from the weight of the enormous co-ed. Annabelle shook with every step.

A click rang from the cage's wall. Annabelle tensed at the familiar sound of the cage's door opening. Lavender scented warmth covered her when Naomi scooped her up in her massive fingers. Annabelle pretended to slowly stir awake in Naomi's palm. 

When her eyes opened, she was greeted with Naomi's adoring, yet sleepy, gaze.

Wordlessly, Naomi lifted Annabelle to her lips. The huge plush things pressed against her body. Annabelle remained still as Naomi sprinkled her body with soft and gentle kisses. Her body began to tingle from the softness of the giantess' lips. She prayed that Byte really was gone. 

Naomi pulled her mouth away from Annabelle. A slow smile spread across her lips. Still silent, Naomi turned away from Annabelle's cage and headed for her bed. Swaying Annabelle with her movements, Naomi climbed back into her bed, but not before turning off the lights again.

Once Naomi was settled back underneath her covers, Annabelle found herself in the familiar position of being wrapped up in the giantess' hand in front of her enormous face. 

Naomi yawned again, this time Annabelle was close. Her heart pounded from the massive mouth gaping right in front of her. The temperature around Annabelle shot up as Naomi's hot breath blasted out past her lips. Annabelle shook from the sound. 

Finally, Naomi spoke. 

"I want you near me, Poppy," she sighed, content. 

The giantess puckered her lips and squeezed Annabelle's head against them. Annabelle held back all of her intense desires to fight against the giantess. She knew better, but a large part of her wanted to push Naomi away. 

WE ONLY GET SO MUCH TIME WITH OUR GODDESS. SOAK UP EVERY LAST BIT OF LOVE SHE GIVES US.

After a few more kisses, Naomi's head settled onto her pillow. Annabelle found it difficult to meet her soft gaze.

"Poppy," Naomi said, forcing her eyes to her. 

"Y-Yes Goddess?" Annabelle squeaked.

"Tomorrow is a big day," Naomi announced.

Annabelle's heart pounded. That couldn't be good. "Is it Goddess?" Annabelle asked.

Naomi nodded through another yawn that blasted against Annabelle. "Yeah, and I need you to be on your best behavior," she commanded. 

"Yes Goddess."

Naomi gave Annabelle a sleepy smile. "You're so fucking cute Poppy. I fucking swear you're the goddamned most adorable lil thing in the whole world," Naomi cooed as her eyes drooped. 

As the giantess drifted off to sleep, her gigantic fingers began to coil tightly around Annabelle. The Shrinkee unsuccessfully wiggled to get more breathing room.

It would be another uncomfortable night.

And if Naomi was to be believed, tomorrow wouldn't be much better.

---

"I must say, Poppy you were absolutely right, this looks fantastic. Chef Dufort is a master in his craft." 

Annabelle could barely hear Mr. Sano's taunting voice over the sound of her booming heart. Annabelle crouched down to her knees and closed her eyes shut. She couldn't witness this.

"Ah ah, Poppy," Naomi's stern voice scolded, "get up."

Annabelle whimpered and slowly rose to her feet. She opened her eyes to see the disturbing scene in front of her.

Annabelle stood on the elegantly decorated dinner table the Sano family sat around. In front of each Sano was an immaculate looking plate of quiche.

Although at first glance it looked as though 3/4ths of the Sanos were gazing hungrily at the dish, on closer look their real attention was trained to what resided within their food.

Squirming and wiggling in the middle of each tart was a Shrinkee. When Annabelle had first realized what was happening she'd become frozen until she tried to block everything out. 

But Naomi wouldn't let her escape her reality.

The giantess reached over her quiche and the screaming Shrinkee man in the middle of it. Her black painted finger nail lifted up Annabelle's chin. 

Her beautiful face was serious. "Poppy, remember what we talked about—best behavior," she said. 

Annabelle nodded against Naomi's finger nail. She attempted to keep her legs from shaking. 

"Y-Yes Goddess," she squeaked.  

Naomi's lips softened into a smile. She patted Annabelle on the head. "Good girl," she commended. 

Naomi's parents looked on proudly at their daughter—no doubt admiring the strict way she dealt with Annabelle. Nell, on the other hand, was staring intently at the Shrinkee in her food. Her face had lost all color. She looked nauseated. Instead of eating him, Annabelle was worried the youngest Sano would drown the Shrinkee in her vomit. 

"Ah, will you taste that bacon? Perfection," Dr. Sano sighed, popping a non-Shrinkee filled piece of quiche into her maw. The Shrinkee woman in Dr. Sano's quiche released a shriek that chilled Annabelle's bones. Dr. Sano had lifted a piece of her meal that was only mere inches away from the trapped Shrinkee.

Naomi clicked her tongue, beckoning Annabelle to come closer. Annabelle pulled her eyes away from Dr. Sano's plate.

"Poppy we had this dinner made specifically for you—come eat," Naomi ordered.

Annabelle swallowed another whimper. She should have known that Naomi would twist her request into something sick. She just hoped they hadn't forced Dufort to place the Shrinkees into his dishes himself.

She trudged over to Naomi's plate. The eyes of Naomi's parents burned into her. What she wouldn't give to be able to tell them where they could go.

Annabelle drew closer to the plate. The heat from the food warmed the air around her. Annabelle caught a better view of the red faced Shrinkee man in the middle of Naomi's slice of quiche. His skin in contact with the hot quiche was no doubt seared from the heat.

A fork was suddenly in Annabelle's face. A wonderful aroma wafted into Annabelle's nose. The golden quiche glistened underneath the chandelier's reflective lights of the Sano's dining room. 

"Eat, Poppy," Naomi ordered with a voice that let Annabelle know she would need to comply. 

Without hesitating any longer, Annabelle sank her teeth into the quiche. Her tongue exploded with flavor. It was definitely Chef Dufort's cooking, but it was better than anything he'd made back in Queenston. He really must've had the fear of death put in before he began cooking dinner for the Sanos. 

"Is it good Poppy?" Naomi asked, the softness of her tone coming back. 

Annabelle nodded. "Thank you for bringing the chef here, Goddess," she said, forcing gratitude into her voice.

Naomi smiled down at Annabelle. "Anything for you, Poppy."

Hope trickled into Annabelle. Although the Sanos had introduced a sickening element into her plan, she could still get the results she wanted. Her plan had been to ask Naomi to bring Chef Dufort out to the table so she could "thank the chef." After he would accept her gratitude, Annabelle would ask Naomi to gift him a boon in the form of altering his daughter's contract so they could live together. She just had to wait for the perfect time to strike.

"Goddess, do you like the food?" Annabelle asked sweetly, before taking another bite from Naomi's fork.

Naomi's grin grew wider. "I sure do, Poppy, it's—"

"Help me..."

Annabelle's stomach dropped. The warm air around Annabelle turned cold. Her heart sinking, she turned to the trembling voice.

The Shrinkee in Naomi's quiche called out to Annabelle. Like the other Shrinkees, only his head was above the surface of the quiche. The rest of him was trapped within the slice. The Shrinkee's eyes were bulging and desperate with terror. 

They bore right into Annabelle.

A similarly intense fear shot into Annabelle's heart. Naomi's gaze shifted from Annabelle to the Shrinkee on her plate. In a flash her eyes were as cold as death. 

Annabelle had to stop what was about to happen. Her cheeks were still bursting with food. She needed to swallow and get Naomi's attention. She tried, but she'd taken too big of a bite.

This was taking too long. Annabelle jumped onto the plate and rushed over to the quiche. She just had to get to the Shrinkee before—

Naomi swiftly lifted the fork she'd just used to feed Annabelle, and pierced its prongs easily through the Shrinkee's head.

Tiny splatters of blood sprayed across Annabelle's face. Annabelle collided into the quiche, only a few feet away from the Shrinkee. Her wide eyes took in the gore in front of her. 

It had been a smooth stabbing. The fork had gone right through the Shrinkee's head. Streams of blood ran down the Shrinkee's still body from his head. 

Naomi pulled the fork out of the Shrinkee's head, and without missing a beat, used it to prick another bite of quiche. She causally picked a piece right next to Annabelle. 

Naomi's pretty face was twisted into an annoyed frown as she popped the piece into her mouth.

"Disgusting thing, talking to Poppy like that..." She grumbled. Amused chuckles from Naomi's parents tickled Annabelle's ears. 

Annabelle couldn't take her eyes from the dead Shrinkee in front of her. When Naomi had pulled the fork from his skull, more blood had poured from his head. A small clump of brain matter tumbled onto the quiche. 

Bile started to rise from Annabelle stomach. The burning and sour taste of it reminded Annabelle that her mouth was still full of quiche. It was like witnessing the Shrinkee's murder had made her lose all senses on her tongue. The food now felt cold and wrong in her mouth. It would soon be joined by her bile.

"Don't you dare, Poppy," Naomi suddenly commanded. Annabelle looked up at the giantess, her eyes still wide and unblinking. She felt a drop of the Shrinkee's blood travel down her forehead. 

Naomi's face was unyielding, "This whole dinner was made for you. Don't let some bug ruin it. Swallow every single thing in your mouth."

Annabelle searched fruitlessly for a morsel of pity in Naomi's face.

"Do you have to be such a bully?"

Both Annabelle and Naomi turned towards Nell. The youngest Sano narrowed her eyes at Naomi. 

Naomi sneered at her sister who sat across from her, next to their dad, "Focus on eating your food. We both know how much you like eating bugs." Nell's hand tightened around her fork. Her glare intensified towards Naomi.

"Girls," Mr. Sano chided his daughters. 

"Poppy eat your food," Naomi ordered again, her eyes not leaving her sister's. Annabelle pushed past her nausea. She began to swallow when her eyes caught the corpse in front of her. It's eyes were still open, but they were staring at the ceiling.

Annabelle gagged.

"Poppy, eat!" Naomi snapped. 

Annabelle fell to her knees. She covered her mouth with both of her hands on top of each other.

A fork clanged against the table. "Leave her alone!" Nell cried, "She can't keep it down."

Naomi's fingernail appeared underneath her chin again. She forced Annabelle's neck to crane up. She looked into her deep brown eyes.

The giantess spoke firmly, "Poppy. Swallow."

Annabelle obeyed. She chewed as much as she could with a full mouth, and swallowed everything down with a massive gulp. The second it passed through her throat, she felt bile begin to shoot up.

She slammed her hands over her mouth again.

Naomi commanded, "Keep it down." 

Annabelle steadied her breathing and waited for the nausea to pass. Once it did, she slowly uncovered her mouth.

Naomi, still raising Annabelle's chin, moved her gigantic face down to Annabelle.

"You are better than any bug," Naomi said, "Don't ever let a bug take something away from you. Not your time, not your attention, and definitely not your dinner. Understand?"

Annabelle nodded with shaky legs. "Yes Goddess," she whimpered. 

Naomi smiled, making her more gorgeous than she had any right to be. "Good girl," she praised, patting her on the head.

Naomi sat back up in her chair and continued to eat. Her parents glowed with pride, while Nell frowned at her quiche. 

"Eat up, baby, your food is getting cold," Mr. Sano said, taking another non-Shrinkee bite of his quiche.

Nell glanced at her fork on the table before turning to her father. "I'm not hungry," she mumbled.

Dr. Sano frowned, "Baby, we flew Chef Dufort all the way out here for this meal. Don't be so wasteful."

Naomi piled on with a smirk, "Yeah, are you saying you don't like the food Poppy specifically requested?"

Nell flinched. Her eyes flickered onto Annabelle. The Shrinkee tried to convey that she truly didn't care through her eyes, but Nell only seemed more concerned. 

"No that's not—" 

"Poppy, try not to feel too offended by my sister's hatred for your special food," Naomi said. 

Nell glowered at Naomi, before snatching her fork from the table. Hesitantly, she carefully cut a tiny piece of her quiche that was the farthest from the Shrinkee. Though that didn't stop the Shrinkee from screaming his head off when Nell lowered her fork to the dish. 

His screams only grew louder when Nell opened her mouth to deposit the piece onto her tongue. The giant teen's face lit up with surprise at the taste of the dish. 

"It's good," she breathed, her eyebrows raised up her forehead. 

Annabelle was glad Nell liked it—that helped her plan. But she found it difficult to keep her eyes from the Shrinkees. Naomi's Shrinkee had been the first and only to die so far, but Annabelle knew more death was coming.  

She'd been trying to avoid looking at the Shrinkees, but it was impossible. Nell's Shrinkee was a young man close to her age. Dr. Sano's Shrinkee was an older woman who had stopped screaming and now only gazed out at nothing—resigned to her fate. 

And then there was Tessa.

There was some small part of Annabelle that was still foolish enough to hope that the bright and innovative Shrink-Life employee would have escaped the trap Mr. Sano had set up for her, but there she was, alternating between shrieking and sobbing while trapped in Mr. Sano's quiche. 

Annabelle knew better than to hope her death would be quick.

"Poppy, come have some more," Naomi called.

Annabelle swiveled over to her. "Yes Goddess, thank you Goddess!" She chirped, putting all of the thoughts of death and murder out of her mind.

She opened her mouth and accepted the food, ignoring the small splatters of blood on the fork. The Sanos continued to chat and eat their dishes, as though it was a normal family meal. Annabelle focused on eating, and ignored the screaming from the Shrinkees.

She would ignore them all. Push away everything. It was too late for those Shrinkees, but she could at least save Camilla and Chef Dufort. 

It soon came time where there was only one bite left on each plate—and it would be one that resulted in murder. Naomi ate her Shrinkee first.

She struck her fork through the torso of his lifeless body. The giantess peered at the limp form with a disappointed sigh. 

"Damn bug...what a waste," she grumbled, before opening her maw and closing her lips around the fork. She slid the fork out of her mouth and gave a small pleased hum. 

Shudders involuntarily racked Annabelle's body as Naomi crunched the Shrinkee in between her teeth. A thin streak of blood flowed from the corner of her mouth. She wiped it away with a napkin before it could drip down her chin.

Dr. Sano easily followed suit. She brought the Shrinkee woman to her face. The woman had fainted, but Dr. Sano was still regarding her intensely. She sniffed her tiny body, sucking in some of her hair into her gigantic nostrils. She nodded with approval and opened her maw. She gently placed the unconscious Shrinkee onto her tongue. Instead of chewing her, Dr. Sano swallowed her completely whole. The Shrinkee's body made a bulge against Dr. Sano's throat as it traveled down towards her stomach.

After a moment, Dr. Sano chuckled and placed a slender hand over her flat belly. "Looks like someone woke up," she laughed. 

Once again nausea swirled inside Annabelle. She couldn't imagine a death like that. Eaten, and burning up inside of a massive digestive system, along with clumps of bacon and cheese.

Mr. Sano laughed along with his wife. "At least yours went down easy—something tells me mine won't be so cooperative," he chucked.

Forgoing his fork, Mr. Sano plucked up Tessa between his finger and thumb. The Shrinkee continued to release an spine chilling shriek that rang against Annabelle's ears.

Mr. Sano bared his white teeth at the Shrinkee in a wide grin. "Your ideas really were innovative," he said over her screams, "that Shrinkee alert system that identifies nearby HDD stimulation devices was a very interesting concept—of course that prototype can never see the light of day. Question—how did it feel when your little prototype started going crazy when you turned it on during your presentation? I bet you weren't expecting young Wes to come in with the Stimulator, huh? Well, I hope you don't blame him too much. He was just following orders. Though, it did look like he was having fun." 

Tessa only answered him with more screams. 

Mr. Sano gave an exaggerated offended look. "It's pretty rude to ignore your boss," he said. 

Naomi and Dr. Sano looked on, amused, while Nell stared at her lap. Annabelle wanted to look away, but couldn't drag her eyes off them.

The gigantic CEO chuckled, "I just wanted to let you know, although your former supervisor, Roger has filled your role and Wes has taken over his, we've found a new position for you."

With that, Mr. Sano opened his mouth wide. Somehow Tessa's screams grew louder. With a cruel slowness, Mr. Sano brought Tessa towards his maw. He deposited her onto his tongue. Before she could do anything to escape or fight back, Mr. Sano shut his mouth closed with a smug grin. Her screams were muffled inside of his maw. Unlike his wife, Mr. Sano's teeth clenched down on top of the Shrinkee.

The shrieks grew louder and more horrific as Mr. Sano's jaw rhythmically chewed the Shrinkee's body down before he swallowed her screams and her remains.

Annabelle trembled as Mr. Sano grinned, bearing his now red teeth.

Dr. Sano chuckled and handed him a cloth napkin. He accepted it and began to clean his teeth. Annabelle finally managed to turn away from the revolting display. Her eyes fell to her feet for a moment—that is until Dr. Sano spoke to her youngest.

"Baby, finish your food," she encouraged. 

Everyone, including Annabelle, turned to the Shrinkee on Nell's plate. His attention was on Mr. Sano's bloody napkin that he was still using to clean his teeth. When Dr. Sano spoke, his screams were reinvigorated.

Nell flinched. She gulped and shook her head. "I-I'm full," she said to her lap.

Annabelle grimaced. She truly was a bad liar.

Naomi sneered at her sister. "Pathetic."

Nell narrowed her eyes, still looking at her lap. She stayed silent.

Mr. Sano placed his napkin down. He looked upon his daughter with a gentleness that should have been impossible for someone who had just giddily devoured another living being.   

"Baby, remember what we talked about," he said.

"I-I don't want to do this," Nell protested weakly. Her voice was timid, but Annabelle was surprised Nell was fighting back against her family.

The Shrinkee wanted nothing more than to back her up, but she had to focus on her main goal. She prayed Nell would remain firm in her refusal to commit the same crimes as the other barbaric BSA members. Annabelle knew even if Nell didn't eat the Shrinkee the other members of the Sano family would still see to his death, but she hoped Nell's hands would remain unbloodied. 

"Why don't you just close your eyes and pretend he's Poppy," Naomi spat. 

Nell's head snapped up. She glowered at her older sister. Before an argument could break out, Dr. Sano inserted, "This a merciful act, baby. These Shrinkees lead sad, desperate lives. The faster we snuff them out, the faster they get to escape a life full of pain."

Annabelle clenched her fists. She had to keep her eyes on the mission. She couldn't start an argument with these monsters.

Naomi shrugged, "Fine, if you don't want him, I'll take him." She reached over the table, but Dr. Sano grabbed her arm before Naomi could take the Shrinkee.

She shook her head, "No, Penelope needs to do this."

Both Naomi and Nell looked disappointed as Naomi retracted back into her seat. The table was silent, except for the screams of the Shrinkee. Nell's body was tense as she looked down at the Shrinkee on her plate. 

"Come on," Naomi groaned, "We all know you want to do it. Stop acting all hesitant just because Poppy's here."

Annabelle frowned at Naomi's assertion. She knew from her experience inside Nell's mouth that she had the same desire to eat Shrinkees just as the other members of the BSA did, but Nell had shown restraint. 

Nell snapped at her sister, "Can you just imagine that maybe everyone isn't like you? Maybe I don't like doing this to Shrinkees."

"Then you're a bigger idiot than I thought," Naomi scoffed.  

Nell bristled at that, but Mr. Sano interjected, "Penelope you do not have a choice. This is your role." His voice was stern and his eyes were serious. Dr. Sano looked the same.

Nell's lip trembled at her parent's strict expressions. She glanced at Annabelle with guilt in her eyes. Annabelle's heart sank. She knew Nell had given up.

With shaky hands, Nell reached out to the Shrinkee on her plate. His screams turned into sobs. She grabbed him with her fingers and lifted him to her face.

"P-P-Please don't, please don't eat me, please!" He blubbered.  

Nell cringed, looking to her parents for mercy. Of course, they remained stern. "This is the natural order, Penelope. It'll be good for him in the grand scheme of things," Dr. Sano said.

"Please! I don't want to die! Please!" The Shrinkee begged.

Naomi rolled her eyes, "Just eat him so he can shut the hell up."

Nell gulped, her eyes full of remorse already. She opened her mouth, revealing her pink tongue and shiny braces.

The Shrinkee's pleas turned into something nonsensical. He was shrieking louder than Tessa had. It startled Nell. She instinctively tossed him in her mouth. 

Annabelle hurriedly turned away, not wanting to see Nell consume another human being.

HE IS NOT HUMAN. HE IS LESSER. OR RATHERHE WAS LESSER.

For the first time in a while, Annabelle didn't mind Poppy's voice. She was a welcome buffer from the sound of Nell's teeth grinding down the Shrinkee's bones. 

When the screaming stopped, Annabelle knew it was done. She raised her head to see Nell's lips tainted with red. 

"Very good, sweetie," Dr. Sano praised. 

Mr. Sano beamed proudly at his youngest. "Atta girl," he grinned. 

Nell gave them a tentative smile, but when her eyes met Annabelle, her face dimmed. Annabelle turned from her. She knew Nell didn't have much of a choice, but she couldn't look at her when she still had traces on her face of the innocent man she'd just eaten.

"Now that's finally over," Naomi said, rolling her eyes, "can we get dessert going already?" 

Annabelle perked up. She'd get her opportunity soon. After the giants had eaten dessert and were thoroughly satisfied, Annabelle could ask for Dufort's presence. 

Mr. Sano grinned at Naomi. "Someone's eager," he noted. He raised his hand, most likely to snap his fingers to bring out the food. Naomi suddenly stopped him.

"Actually, before we have dessert, do you mind if the chef is brought out here? I'd like to give him his dues."

Annabelle froze. This was wrong. This was not the plan. It was out of order. 

Naomi's parents were also surprised by Naomi's request. They looked at Naomi with their brows slightly furrowed. After a second, Mr. Sano nodded. "Of course," he smiled. He snapped his fingers twice. A servant quickly trotted out of the room.

Annabelle glanced up at Naomi from the corner of her eye. Her stomach tied itself in little knots. The glint in her eye was not unfamiliar to her. She'd seen it so many times—often when the giantess looked at Annabelle. It was the look of a predator about to toy with her prey.

The Shrinkee didn't know what was happening. Naomi shouldn't feel anything towards Chef Dufort except slight approval. Annabelle scoured her memories to see why the giantess would want to antagonize the chef, but she couldn't think of a singular reason.

In no more than half a minute did the servant return with Chef Dufort.

He looked miles better than the last time Annabelle had seen him. His injuries looked to have completely healed from Briggs' assault. His ponytail held more gray hair than before, but his chef's coat was new looking and well stitched. Although he attempted to hide his anxiety, Annabelle could see the fear in eyes—and based on the smirks on the adult Sano's faces—they could too.

Naomi tilted her head at the chef. "It's Chef Dufort, right?" She asked.

Chef Dufort nodded with more vigor than was needed. "Yes, young miss," he answered in his accent.

Naomi allowed a smile to appear on her beautiful face. "My Shrinkee really enjoys your food, so I had you come over here for her," Naomi said. "I gotta say, after eating tonight's dinner, I see why she missed your cooking. I don't remember it tasting this good."

Chef Dufort bowed his head, "Thank you for these kind words, young miss. I am glad my food was good for you." Annabelle didn't know if it was because he'd been instructed not to, or he was just too smart to even try, but he hadn't once looked in Annabelle's direction.

It was definitely for the best.

Naomi kept her smile on her lips. The other Sano members were quiet as they watched the exchange. Like, Annabelle, they seemed to sense that Naomi had ulterior motives. Her parents looked on, amused by the whole interaction, while Nell seemed vaguely uneasy. 

Naomi requested, "Would you mind explaining the dessert you made? I want to hear your description before we eat it."

Dufort looked surprised, but he quickly recovered. "Of course young miss," he replied. 

Before he could get into the description, four suits appeared in the room. They each carried a small plate with a silver dome covering it.

A plate was placed in front of each Sano. They uncovered the dessert, revealing a chocolate ball surrounded by vibrant berries. A miniature pitcher containing something with light liquid was also set off the side of the plate. It was beautifully plated, but Annabelle was too busy wonder what Naomi's angle was in order to appreciate the extravagance of Dufort's baking.

Dr. Sano leaned forward and sniffed the ball. "Is this semi-sweet dark chocolate?"

Dufort nodded, looking a bit more comfortable. "Yes mistress, the chocolate was made from cocoa beans grown on this land."

Mr. Sano grinned, "Nothing beats home grown ingredients."

Ched Dufort continued, "The strawberries and blueberries come from this land also."

Naomi hummed. "And what's inside?" She inquired.

Annabelle's stomach felt even tighter. Her hands grew damp. She didn't know what Naomi was planning, but she could feel the sinister energy around the room. 

Dufort did not seem to sense the same energy as he answered proudly. "The warm caramel sauce will melt the chocolate and you will see. You will like."

The suits reached for the mini pitchers and began to pour the caramel over the chocolate balls. One by one, the balls slowly melted. Underneath, was a scoop of ice cream placed on top of a decadent looking brownie. The caramel melted the chocolate, spilling onto the berries that were decorated around the plate.

Annabelle would have been mesmerized, if not for the screams of pure terror that came from Naomi's chocolate ball. 

Annabelle snapped her neck towards the screams. Annabelle almost fell to her knees when she saw the source of the shrieks. 

Hog-tied and covered in caramel, was Camilla. She lay stomach down—on top of the ice cream. She was dressed in some sick version of a sexy cherry costume.

Dufort reacted quickly, but the suits were ready for him. He lunged towards his daughter, only to be easily restrained by the four suits.

Naomi laughed gleefully, "You were right, I do like what's underneath."

Dufort shouted something in French, and one of the suits placed a beefy hand over his mouth, silencing him.

"Sweetie," Mr. Sano's thin voice said. His face was pale, and his signature grin had disappeared. It seemed that Annabelle and Chef Dufort weren't the only ones surprised by Naomi's antics. "What are you doing? Remember, Camilla is our top model."

Naomi shrugged, "We have others. Plus, when Poppy joins we'll easily make up any profit we might lose temporarily." 

Mr. Sano protested, "But in the meantime we could lose subscribers who want to see her."

Naomi countered, "These last few days I've been having Benny shoot her so we'll have enough concepts for like two years worth of issues."

"But—"

"This is my decision Dad. I'm getting involved in the business, isn't that what you wanted?" She retorted.

Mr. Sano turned to his wife for support, but she only shrugged. "It sounds as though she's made an executive decision," she said, "Even if you don't agree with it, it's within her right as the successor."  

Mr. Sano ran his hand through his styled dark hair. He closed his eyes and released a deep exhale. "You're right," he relented, causing Annabelle's stomach to drop, "go ahead, it's your choice. I just hope you've thought this through."

"She hasn't," Nell inserted, joining the conversation. Annabelle turned to the giant teen, hope swelling inside of her. Nell's eyes narrowed at her older sister, "I can tell, she's just angry about something."

"Wrong," Naomi smirked, "I was angry, now I'm just excited. And I sure as shit thought this through, which is why I'm doing this."

Nell tsked, "There's no real reason to even do this. You're just being cruel."

Naomi sneered at her. "You not seeing it doesn't even fucking surprise me." Nell looked at her with the confusion Annabelle felt. 

Naomi rolled her eyes and lifted her spoon. She scooped up the ice cream underneath Camilla's tiny body, raising her into the air. Chef Dufort shouted from behind the suit's clasped hand. He desperately fought against them, but they easily restrained him. They didn't even seem to be putting in that much effort. It looked like Mr. Abbot's training really was paying off.

Naomi opened her mouth, bringing the shrieking Shrinkee towards the gaping maw. Camilla's eyes were bulging with terror. She hopelessly tried to wiggle her way down from the spoon. At that height she'd probably snap her neck, but Annabelle didn't believe the Shrinkee was thinking straight at that moment. She knew the horror of staring down a massive mouth. 

The giantess brought the caramel covered girl to her parted pink lips. 

"W-Wait!" 

The words were out of Annabelle's mouth before she'd realized. Naomi stopped completely. Her brown eyes bore into Annabelle's small form. It was the first time since Dufort had been brought to the dinning room that Naomi had looked at her. At that moment, Annabelle knew she'd taken the bait to whatever trap Naomi had planned.

YOU CANNOT WIN AGAINST OUR GODDESS. YOU CAN NEVER WIN.

The giantess' eyes were gleaming with emotion. The strongest being disappointment.  

"What Poppy?" She asked, her eyes still peering into her. Annabelle felt everyone in the room turn to her. 

"Don't Goddess," Annabelle pleaded, forgoing her entire plan, "please."

Naomi face twisted with irritation. "I fucking knew it..." She muttered, glowering down at the screaming Shrinkee. She pulled the spoon back from her mouth, though only slightly. 

Naomi hissed, "This whole fucking time, you didn't say a damn word when we ate the other bugs." She narrowed her eyes at Camilla, "but the second I try to go for this one...who is she to you?"

Annabelle's knees were shaking. This was not how it was supposed to happen. 

"No one Goddess! I promise, she means nothing to me," she cried. 

Naomi scoffed, "Then why are you trying to stop me from eating her?"

"S-She's obviously important to the chef. I don't want him to watch someone he loves—"

"Why do you care, Poppy?" Naomi snapped. 

Annabelle blinked, flustered. She retorted, "He saved me Goddess! If it wasn't for him, back on Thanksgiving I would've been sold."

Naomi's expression darkened, "And doesn't that seem fucking convenient?" 

Annabelle's heart pounded. She didn't dare look at Dufort, afraid that she would give her thoughts away.

Dr. Sano tilted her head curiously, "What do you mean, sweetie?"

Naomi glared at Chef Dufort. "I mean how is it that on an entire island full of people, the only one to find Poppy just happened to be our personal chef that would have been one of the few servants who were with us in Queenston? And then the bug who put her disgusting hands all over my Shrinkee just so happens to be his daughter?"

Mr. Sano rubbed under his bottom lip, contemplating, "So you're saying you think this goes beyond coincidences?"

Instead of answering him, Naomi turned back to Annabelle. The Shrinkee's mouth was dry. 

"Poppy," she demanded, "Why did you ask for Dufort's cooking? Was it so you could bring him here?"

TRANSPARENT. OUR GODDESS SEES RIGHT THROUGH YOU. OUR MIND IS AN OPEN BOOK FOR HER TO PERUSE. 

"N-No I just wanted to taste his food again," Annabelle stammered. It was too late. Naomi's face was a storm of indignation and distrust.

The giantess shook her head at Annabelle in disapproval. "Fine Poppy, don't tell me," she said. "You know what? It doesn't even matter. I don't need to know what's happening, I'll just make sure that it fucking ends now."

With that she brought the spoon and the shrieking Camilla right up to her mouth. Chef Dufort shouted desperate muffled protests. 

Annabelle rushed forward closer to the giantess. She tripped over her feet and caught herself by the edge of Naomi's plate. She gripped the plate's rim and cried up to the giantess, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! You're right Goddess, I lied before!"

Naomi scrutinized Annabelle with her intense eyes. She stopped her spoon in its tracks. "Explain Poppy," she commanded. 

Annabelle's heart boomed in her ears. "I-I didn't miss Chef Dufort's food. I wanted him to come here so I could ask you to let him take his daughter home," she blurted out. 

A silence fell over the table. Even Camilla had stopped screaming and was looking down at Annabelle with wide eyes. 

Naomi blinked. Her face contorted with genuine confusion. "Why? How did you even know he had a daughter?"

Annabelle's cheeks were burning, knowing everyone was looking at her. She had to think fast, "He mentioned it when he was trying to save me on Thanksgiving, and I put two and two together when I met his daughter when she helped me model," she lied quickly. "And I was grateful to him. I wanted to do something for him," she implored.

"Fascinating..."Dr. Sano breathed. 

Annabelle tightened her fists. She supposed compassion was something unfamiliar to the BSA. 

"Poppy," Naomi said, still perplexed. "You planned all of this...for some bugs?"

Annabelle bristled. She shoot up to her feet, "Of all people, you should be more appreciative than anyone. He saved me! If it weren't for him I would have been sold off to someone. You might have never seen me again," she pointed out.

Mr. Sano chuckled, "Maybe for a day or two, Poppy. But even without the tracking chip, we have ways of locating items of interest to us—especially valuable items."

Before Annabelle could respond, Naomi added, "Plus Poppy, you don't need to show your gratitude to bugs. Chef Dufort did what he was meant to do—assist his betters. You don't need to thank him for doing the literal minimum."

Annabelle swallowed her rage at Naomi's words. Dufort had been bloodied and beaten within an inch of life trying to help her and the other Shrinkees. 

"Fine," Annabelle spat, "But that doesn't mean you should reward him by killing his daughter." 

Naomi shook her head. She explained, "This has nothing to do with him saving you Poppy. It's about them becoming so involved in your life."

Annabelle gaped, shocked with just how deep the giantess' insanity ran.

"I-Involved? I've met his daughter once," she cried.

"And look how far you're already willing to go for her," Naomi said, annoyed. "I don't want you fucking seeing them again."

"Then send them away! Rip up her contract! You don't have to eat her!" Annabelle pleaded. 

Naomi's lips curled into a smile that made Annabelle shudder. "I know I don't have to eat her, but I want to."

Naomi's smile grew even wider. She opened up her mouth. Tauntingly, she started to slowly bring the spoon to her mouth, reigniting Dufort and Camilla's screams.  

"Goddess! Please!" Annabelle begged. Naomi ignored Annabelle and continued to move Camilla closer to her gigantic mouth. Annabelle ran her hands through her hair. She looked around for anything—anyone.

Naomi's parents were chuckling while watching the shrieking Shrinkee wiggle around in the spoon. The suits were holding back Dufort who had tears streaming down his cheeks. His face was pure anguish. His eyes were alive with agony as he watched his daughter moments away from being eaten by someone close in age to her. 

Finally, Annabelle's panicked eyes landed on Nell. The gigantic teen's brown orbs were filled with confliction. She met Annabelle's eyes. The Shrinkee silently pleaded with her to intervene. She had no one else. It had to be Nell.

Nell's face twisted with guilt before she turned her gaze to her lap. Annabelle's heart shattered. 

She had no one. She couldn't do anything. She was trapped in a cruel world where good people were enslaved and eaten, and bad people always escaped punishment. Nothing ever happened to the people who truly deserved it.

Annabelle froze.

An idea. A heinous idea. A vicious idea that she could not undo. 

Annabelle straightened up. She looked up at her captor. Her mouth was full with Camilla, but she hadn't done anything fatal. She was sucking on the Shrinkee, her pretty mouth puckered with delight. 

Annabelle clenched her fists. She took a deep breath.

"A name!" She cried up at the giantess.

Naomi stopped sucking. She peered down at Annabelle with a singular raised eyebrow.

"What?" Naomi said through a mouthful of Camilla.

"You asked me before to give you the names of the people who—the people who made my life difficult in high school," Annabelle said. "I have one."

Naomi's eyes shone with intrigue. Her gaze bore into Annabelle. Without breaking eye contact, Naomi unceremoniously spat Camilla into her hand. The Shrinkee gasped for air. She coughed up a stomach full of Naomi's saliva. Dufort shouted when seeing his daughter's state. The other members of the table looked on with rapt attention. 

Naomi wiped her mouth with her free hand. "Who is it?" She asked darkly.

Annabelle wanted nothing more than to fold under Naomi's intense mood shift, but she held fast. 

"First, I want you to promise me that you'll let Dufort and his daughter go," she demanded. 

Naomi's expression didn't change, but Mr. Sano scoffed. "We don't 'let bugs and their families go' Poppy," he said. 

Annabelle glared up at him, "Fine. Then change their contracts so they're based in Paris. Let them live together. She can model for your Paris magazine, and he can work in the new Gates' Hotel that's opening up next month for the New Year." 

Mr. Sano opened his mouth to argue, but closed it as he seemed to consider what Annabelle had proposed. 

"That actually could work..." He noted, impressed.

For once, Annabelle was thankful for the ludicrous amount of information about the Gates' conglomerate that Mr. and Mrs. Gates had forced her to learn. 

Naomi's face remained unchanging. "That's a lot of fucking accommodations for one name, Poppy," she said.

Annabelle also remained unwavering, "I promise you that it will be worth it. He's arguably the worst one."

Naomi stared Annabelle down. The Shrinkee's heart was in her ass, but she didn't let that show. An uncomfortably long moment of silence passed before Naomi broke it.

"All right," she finally said. Annabelle's shoulders dropped, relieved. She wanted to drop to her knees and shout out in celebration.  

Naomi cut through her celebration, "This is the last time you will ever be in the same country as them—let alone the same room. Even if they happen to bump into us by accident ten years from now—she's going straight down my throat. Understand me?"

"Y-Yes Goddess!" Annabelle answered.

Naomi's eyes shifted to Dufort, who in turn nodded with vigor. Finally she looked down with disgust at Camilla, who was still trembling and drenched in Naomi's spit.

"Yes M-Mistress!" She squealed.

Naomi's eyes found Annabelle again. "Good," she said. "Now tell me."

Annabelle paled. She couldn't talk about him right now—not in front of everyone. She didn't think Nell would consider her friend's lover when Annabelle told her story, but she didn't want to risk it.

She squeaked, "Here? Right now? Goddess I thought we would talk somewhere more priv—"

Naomi opened her mouth and started to lift Camilla back into her wide maw. Both Duforts erupted with panic again.

Annabelle fell to her knees, "Okay! Okay!" She screamed, "Zachary Acker—His name is Zachary Acker."

Naomi carelessly dropped Camilla back onto the scoop of ice cream. She landed and sank into the frozen dessert with an uncomfortable thud. Although Dufort jerked at the painful looking landing, Annabelle was relieved when Camilla managed to sit up.

"What did he do to you?" Naomi demanded, forcing Annabelle's attention back to the giantess.

Annabelle's head tilted downwards, so she was looking at the table's surface. She couldn't look Naomi in the eye. She couldn't look any of them in the eye. It would be the only way she could talk.

Her body shaking, she began, "H...He was my statistics teacher. He was popular with everyone because he was young and funny. His classroom was always full at lunch because kids would talk and laugh with him during his break. I didn't know him that well, but he was always smiling and joking around."

Annabelle clenched her fists. "I hated him. School was hell for me and he always seemed to be having so much fun. It was like he was in his own sunny world. I didn't even think he knew I existed. I mean I thought that right up until he asked me to stay back after class one day."

She took a deep breath before continuing. "He said I was his best student and he started asking for tips to get other students up to speed. We started talking, and I gave him my input. He asked me some more questions, and then he started to make jokes. He was funny. We spoke for a while and he asked me if I wanted to speak more the next day. I said yes. We spoke every day after school. He would actually ask me questions about my interests. He showed me photos of his wife and their new baby. He actually talked to me like I was a person. I remember waking up and actually being excited to go to school. That hadn't happened in...that never happened for me."

Tears filled Annabelle's eyes. The table's surface appeared wavy through her watery eyes. She took another breath and steadied herself.

"Then one day we were talking after class like we always did. There was nothing different about that day. I don't even remember what we were talking about. I just know we were sitting side by side at my desk with the STATS textbook open. I was talking—I was just talking when he put his hand on my thigh."

Annabelle heard one of the giants shift in their seat. She couldn't think about the fact that she had an audience, she just needed to get through the story.

"I froze. I didn't know what to do. I don't know if he took that as me being okay with it, but I—I wasn't. He started rubbing his hand up and down my thigh. Then he started to kiss my neck and touch my chest."

Annabelle placed a trembling hand over her neck. She could still feel his drooling lips on her body. She wanted to rip her skin clean off. 

"He just kept kissing me and rubbing my body, and I just sat there, stuck. It was like I was frozen. He finally stopped and acted like nothing had happened. I remember grabbing my stuff and just running out of there."

Memories flashed through Annabelle's mind. Her booking it out of the classroom only to immediately bump into Zoey. The pure abject terror that paralyzed her when she looked up into Zoey's face and realized she'd seen everything. 

Zoey had taken her straight home, terrifyingly silent the entire time. The second they returned home and the front door closed behind them, Zoey unleashed all of her rage unto Annabelle. She called her a whore, slut, prostitute, anything she could think of. Then she beat her so badly that Annabelle had to miss school for the next few days. 

Annabelle blinked. She realized she'd been quiet for too long. She needed to finish the story.

"When I came back to school, he was already gone," she said, forgoing to tell the part of the story in which Zoey destroyed his car with a baseball bat and lit it ablaze.

"But the rumors had already spread," Annabelle explained, "everyone already thought I was sleeping around, so when Mr. Acker suddenly left and his wife separated from him, everyone assumed I had something to do with it. They cancelled STATS and there were no other teachers to teach it, so no one was able to get those credits."

Annabelle rubbed at her temples with her palms. "School got so much worse after that. They all thought I'd seduced the most liked teacher in the school and destroyed his life. But I didn't. I really didn't."

The tears pushed through and fell freely down her face. "I didn't want him to do any of that. I just wanted someone to talk to."

She was sobbing now. Tears poured out of her eyes. She looked up at Naomi, only to see a gigantic blur. She pleaded nonetheless, "Please, you have to believe me. I didn't want it. I didn't want it!"

In the midst of her breakdown, Annabelle was gently picked up by an enormous lavender scented hand. 

In a delicate voice, Naomi simply replied, "I believe you."

Annabelle collapsed onto Naomi's hand. She wailed like a baby, hiccupping and sobbing. 

Through her cries she heard Naomi's voice. For a moment Annabelle believed she was speaking to her. She looked up through her tears and saw the giantess push her dessert plate away from her. 

"Here," she said, off-handedly, pushing it towards Dufort. She waved her hand and the suits released him. Dufort was only amazed by the turn of events for a moment before he rushed over to Naomi's plate. He scooped up his haggard daughter in his gentle hands. His eyes shone with what Annabelle could only describe as pure love.

Although Camilla was covered in gooey caramel and Naomi's spit, Dufort looked at her like she was the moon itself.

"Mon trésor," he whispered, his voice breaking. 

"Papa," she weakly squeaked back. 

Naomi nodded to one of the suits. They straightened up and started to guide the Duforts out of the room. Annabelle watched the father-daughter pair start to leave through the door. Before they walked out, Dufort abruptly turned back to the room and called out.

"Thank you for everything...Mistress!" He cried. 

Annabelle's heart swelled through her tears. She knew who his gratitude had truly been addressed to. She'd finally done something right.

If the Sanos caught on, they didn't show it. Naomi waived her hand and one of the suits pushed Dufort out of the room—leaving Annabelle alone with the Sanos.  

The room's silence was only broken up by Annabelle's sobbing. She tried to stop herself from crying, but found it was difficult to put that wall back up. 

Naomi finally spoke over her cries. She gently stroked her, while she gravely asked, "Dad, can you—"

"I've already sent out the request to Travis. Abbot Securities is sending out a team within the hour. We should have should have him in our facilities soon," he said calmly.

Annabelle wiped her eyes. A month ago she wouldn't have been able to believe he was speaking about Mr. Acker. She would've thought there was no way they could move that fast. But now she knew better. She didn't know how to feel about the incoming harm that was going to be inflicted upon her former teacher.

But she'd made her choice.

"I'll make sure the lab is ready for him," Dr. Sano said, the smile wiped from her face.

"I'll help you prep," Nell said, darkly. Annabelle rubbed her eyes and looked at the youngest Sano. Her eyes were full of tears, but her face was twisted in anger.

In fact, all of the Sanos were quietly stewing. They looked as if the family dog had just been hurt.

Annabelle's heart sank when she realized for the Sano's, that was exactly what had just happened.  

INSTEAD OF FEELING OFFENDED, YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR OUR GODDESSES' FAMILY FOR TREATING US AS A BELOVED FAMILY PET.

Before Annabelle could appropriately be disgusted by that, Naomi's hand tightened around her shrunken body. She lifted her up to her enormous face.

She stared right into Annabelle's teary eyes. 

"Poppy," she started. Her voice was the most gentle Annabelle had heard it be in front of other people. However, her eyes were fierce. 

"This will be the last time you ever cry over that man," she declared.

Annabelle sniffed and nodded. "O-Okay Goddess," she said.

Naomi held her close to her chest. The powerful beating of her heart somehow soothed Annabelle.

"I meant what I said about protecting you, Poppy," she said softly, "I'll rip apart anyone who hurts you."

For the first time, Annabelle felt comforted by the giantess' vicious words.


Chapter End Notes:

Well, this was a rough one. As always, poor Annabelle. But hey, at least the Duforts got a happy ending. At least for now (I'm joking...maybe).


Questions:

I know Nell is a pretty polarizing character, what do you think of her and her relationship with Annabelle? Do you think she and Annabelle can have a healthy friendship? Or are we already past that?

How do you think Naomi measures up as an owner between the other giantesses? I promise she and Annabelle will have their moment in the upcoming chapter. 


I'll be sure to respond to your comments later on. I really missed hearing your guys' thoughts, so let me know what you're thinking.