- Text Size +

Chapter 11: Nuclear

 

Back on the north end of the River Seine sat the National Nuclear Plant of France. It was the crowning achievement of nuclear engineering. A testament both to the nation’s ingenuity with, and commitment to, nuclear energy. It finished its construction only a few years prior, and had since powered not just Paris, but surrounding suburbs for miles and miles.

 

The cooling towers surrounded the central buildings like royal guards around their queen. The reactor rooms themselves were housed in great box-structures of concrete and steel. The whole complex must’ve been hundreds of feet in length and width.

 

Aesthetic, efficient, and loaded with radiation, it was just the ticket Aoi needed for the two of them to evolve even further.

 

A bridge linked either side of the river. It was one of the newer, chrome ones. Guarded by ever more foolish soldiers, Aoi stepped towards them, bent down, and scooped the force up in two handfuls.

 

Her next stepped crunched the bridge and all the weaponry on it to a pancake. A small splash washed up after to wet her toes. The step after had Aoi on the other side of the river, where she set her peds down on some fancy Gothic-style buildings. Historical works of peak architecture found themselves flattened under river-wet feet.

 

Aoi lifted one handful over a sky-facing head. She tilted her palm to a slope and they went sliding down into her open maw. She went with the caustic saliva this time around. It created a fun, cruel little game. The morsels would try to slide left or right so as to not run into one of the strands of saliva dangling from her deep-green palate.

 

As humid kaiju-woman breath wafted over them, they shoved their fellow men and women shamelessly, if need be, to avoid clipping the agonizing drool. About half failed, getting drenched in the saliva and melting to puddles of gear and grisly bits. The rest stayed dry enough to eventually die in her gut.

 

Aoi’s stomach welcomed the newcomers with a roar. It was quite some time since Aoi ate a decent mass of people, so the empty stomach was eager to melt them down. The more Aoi evolved, the more ruthless her stomach got. It wasn’t faster per-se, but it was more efficient with its digestive fluids. The juices and slimes immobilized the meals with their heft. They could only crawl as they denatured into genetic goop and raw organic mass.

 

Amid her destructive stroll, Aoi got ready to stuff the next batch into her gob when Yoshimi chimed up.


“Wait, Aoi. Can you send me one? I want to try one myself.”

 

“Are you sure? I mean, I doubt one could harm you as you are now but, if they do just let me know.”

 

“I’m sure I’ll be fine. You shouldn’t get to have all the fun with them.”

“Hey I’m sharing the feeling aren’t I?”

“Well... let me return the favor then.”

Aoi smirked. She gulped down the other handful who waited in dread till this point. Her throat gripped them down tight and snug together, save for just one which passed into Yoshimi’s chamber.

 

The young, blond, Private Larentin was the lucky winner here. The briefings on Aoi were hurried and brief given how quickly the military needed to act. Every bit of Aoi was assumed to be dangerous. She was seen absorbing people through her skin, melting steel with spit and just overall being a living biohazard. It was to be assumed she could produce any bioweapon-equivalent imaginable. Still, they had no information about what happens inside her. Some of her meals had radios, but all were too distracted by agony to translate any intelligence of course.

 

Larentin imagined a lot of horrors sliding down that monster-woman’s throat, but he never imagined this. An unnaturally tall, light-greenish-skinned woman sat across from him. Stark naked from head to toe, she looked back at him with cold blue eyes on black sclera. A grin formed on her face.

 

“What, what’s going on. Did she eat you too? Where are the others?” he stammered. His clothes were droopy and a bit singed from a brush with a few drops of Aoi’s caustic spittle.

 

Yoshimi rose to her full 16ft height. The wire-like tentacles connecting her to the walls jiggled. Larentin was repulsed, yet couldn’t look away. If one could overlook the long hair of tentacles and the horrific flesh-ropes plugging into her back, he had to admit before him was a figure of slim and undeniable beauty.

 

She laughed. “She did eat me as a matter of fact, although not quite how she’s eating others.”

 

“...Or how I plan to eat you~”

 

Her tone transitioned to a teasing sort. He shuddered, falling on his hind quarters and scuffling back.

 

“Stay back. You must be one of those disgusting minions of hers. I saw one of them tear apart my friend from training.”

 

He pulled a pistol from a thigh-holster and shot at her. The bullets bounced harmlessly off her stomach to the living floor, where they melted.

 

“Really?” she giggled. “I’m much more than whatever mindless toys she created. Together, her and I will become higher beings, far beyond what I can imagine--let alone what you can.”

 

He scooted back. Yoshimi’s feet squished softly against the moist fleshy ‘floor’ as she approached. She took her sweet time, watching him scurry back like a timid dog.

 

She paused, smiled, and hoisted herself up towards the ‘ceiling’ with her back tendrils, launching herself into the air. He frantically turned to sprint towards the nearest wall of flesh. Horrifying as it was, it looked a good deal more inviting than the naked amazon pouncing at him from above. Alas, he was too slow, and found himself pinned beneath one-and-a-half tons of weight.

 

Yoshimi had a chance to embrace an inner sadist here. Aoi was always something of a bully at times: never to her, though. Yoshimi, on the other hand, was just now feeling real power, just now unabashed to indulge in these exciting urges.

 

She had him pinned right under her knees. With her back tendrils, she was actually tugging her body upward to stop her strength and weight from crushing him to a pulp outright.

 

Her tongue slid across her lips. “The more you shiver, the more appetizing you look.” Yelping and pleading, he did a more panicked squirmed beneath her naked legs. She stifled a moan.

 

“Mmf, please this is all new to me, and you’re trying too hard. You can struggle a bit slower, I won’t mind.”

 

“You bitch!” he retorted. “You fucking monstrous bitch.”

 

Yoshimi purred. “Yes, revile me. The dumb always hate what they can’t comprehend--or what’s forever out of their reach.”

 

“You’re a monster. I don’t wanna be whatever the hell you turned yourself into. You and that big, disgusting monster of a-

 

Yoshimi cut him off with a pit of pressure from her knee onto his hips. She shattered a bone there.

 

Her tone fierce. “Don’t you dare insult my love, food.”

 

He was screaming, flailing. She stood up and he scampered back. Larentin tried to raise his pistol arm, but faster than he could process she slammed her foot down on his hand. Both the gun and the upper half of his limb was smashed to a scraggly mash beneath the ball of her foot. She twisted the foot so her heel eclipsed the rest of his arm. To the tune of his agonized protests, she slammed it down and completely crushed the rest of the limb.

 

While gushing blood the living ‘floor’ happily lapped up, Larentin scooted back against the chamber’s slick lining. She took a couple steps closer to corner him.

 

“You may think you are inside her, but you’re also inside me. That’s my flesh you’re leaning against, so show some respect~”

 

Her face lit up in delight as the realization sunk in. She willed tentacles to sprout forth from the wall and hold him by his waist. One appendage was ‘kind’ enough to excrete a stinging fluid over his arm-stub to cauterize it.

 

“There, we wouldn’t want you to bleed out before I could digest you.”

 

She laughed, then that serious face returned. She pinched his skull in her hands. It was much like holding the top of a rag doll.

 

“I want you to last a bit, to suffer. To think, speaking ill of Aoi. You should be kissing the ground she trods on. You should be kissing the ground I trod on frankly. Though I’m not as big as her, rest assured you’re an insect to the both of us. A disgusting little bug.”

 

Yoshimi crinkled a look of disgust on her face and built up some fluid in her maw.

 

Patoo

 

A direct hit over the privates face. He hesitated. There was a tingling, he wasn’t sure to make of it.

 

“Now, squirm like one~” she chimed.

 

His face got red, his skin felt like fire. He clawed at his throbbing, burning eyes with his remaining arm, but only served to spread the agonizing sensation to his finger tips.

 

Yoshimi tugged him tighter to the wall. More tentacles formed to hold his legs and one-arm snug. Fully alert, he spasmed like a fish out of water.

 

“The entire genetic data of the Earth is at our disposal. I don’t think I’m quite as experienced here as Aoi, but I still think I came up with a creative mix. They say one bite of a bullet ant or one sting of a gympie tree is enough to drive anyone mad. I mixed them both together: enjoying it?

 

He couldn’t say anything intelligible through his swollen lips, but the answer, nevertheless, was a clear ‘no’.

 

“Good~” she said. “Let’s see if you taste as good as you squirm.”

 

More appendages grew from Yoshimi’s chamber. With sharp points at the end, they dripped a caustic fluid strong enough to burn the air around them. He couldn't see anymore, but the man shook at the sound alone.

 

“Bon appetit” she said, before poking his body full of the digestive injectors. Soon enough he was naught but easily absorbable goo. The flesh surrounding him tugged it in and absorbed it, and Yoshimi felt a bounty of numerous cells to do with as she saw fit.

 

She tried out the sensation of growth herself. The matter pumped into her from the wall via her back tentacles, and she steadily increased to a height of 20ft, with her body still in its petite proportions.

 

Feeling a bit fuller, she relaxed.

 

“Enjoyed your meal?” spoke Aoi.

 

“Yes, and I can feel you did yours as well.”

 

All their major senses were shared now, of course. So while Aoi got to delight in Yoshimi’s one-on-one sadism, Yoshimi got to feel dozens and dozens of troops slide down her love’s throat and wriggle about in that much larger gut of Aoi’s.

 

With that performance over with, Aoi had no more excuses to dally. She stepped over and atop the few bits of force left in her way. She put her fresh mass to use for another few hundred feet or so. Soon, she loomed over the super nuclear plant.

 

Yoshimi chimed in with some facts. “As I said on the train ride over, its the first, and only, plant with full-combo reactors. It uses a little bit of every single nuclear element--though not every isotope.”

 

Aoi’s mouth watered at the possibilities. “Think of what we could become with this.”

 

The kaiju-woman crashed down to her knees. She nudged the cooling towers out of the way and onto surrounding city-stuff. Looming open-cylinders crashed down onto the inconsequential soldiers nearby. The great mist of steam flooded surrounding blocks as it escaped and shorted out whatever electronics were still running in the area.

 

Aoi yanked up the roof. There it was: the most potent reactor in all of Europe. The device was big, even for Aoi. It was shaped as a perfectly smooth cylinder with pipes running towards it from every angle.

 

Yoshimi told her via their mind link that the core itself was supposedly wrapped in layers of lead within the concrete exterior. Such was a requirement to keep the radioactivity from leaking out. A bunch of side rooms within pumped cold water in and hot water out at speeds that could tear a human to pieces.

 

Aoi grabbed it from both sides and squeezed it free. Its shell cracked and the pipes burst, flooding the area with boiling hot steam and liquid. Irradiated water spouted from the lacerated pipes. Aoi hated letting any radiation loose somewhere than her insides, but she couldn’t see another way to pry this thing out.

 

Set on the ground, the tip of the reactor containment structure would just crest Aoi’s ankle. There was no way she could swallow the whole thing. She could melt it into her, like the gene bank, but then too much radiation would escape. If it plagued all of Paris that be quite the issue, as it’d be impossible as she was now to suck it all up.

 

She’d need to carefully get at that delicious core. Thankfully, Yoshimi saw through her eyes too, and was more than willing to feed her instructions.

 

“Try and cut the top off with your nail. No a little lower. Yes good. Now carefully peel out that lead alloy...”

 

It was a delicate procedure; and Aoi was more delicate than any 1400ft+ (425m+) monster-woman had any right to be. Her dexterity as well as her strength evolved to the point where she chipped and peeled the reactor-vessel down to a size small enough to swallow. The small cylinder of lead cladding contained a core pulsing with radioactive isotopes from Cesium to Uranium.

 

Aoi acted fast, gulping it down with haste so as to not risk the reaction melting down outside her body. There was no altruism for the city in this consideration: Aoi just wanted it all. Yoshimi too. Why waste any of it causing mass deaths in the city? They could do that themselves if they wanted to. They had done it well enough so far.

 

An incredible warmth erupted in Aoi’s body from within her gut. The core was melting down, flooding the pair with sensations of intense heat. To them it was soothing, and the city was lucky that Aoi was the perfect insulator for the radiation. If even a 10th of the radioactive energy left her body, the city would be done for. It’d be subjected to a malaise of burning, nauseating death.

 

To Aoi and Yoshimi, this was bliss. Ideas flooded their minds on how to evolve. They shared them at lightning fast speeds with one another: for once talking as no humans could. Aoi used her collection of cells as the testing grounds. Trillions and trillions at a time were experimented. DNA mixed and matched to find the perfect combinations and paths towards better bodies and better minds for the two of them.

 

Though the nuclear reaction was dying down within Aoi’s body safely, the steam from those burst pipes still broke free. A wave of radiation would cause problems for everyone in a several mile radius. Minor things to the evolved duo: an increased risk of cancer, nausea, infertility. Some of the soldiers stationed near, watching in horror at Aoi’s feast, would die in a few years time if nature was left to run its course.

 

Aoi did not adhere to nature. She evolved on her own accord.

 

The kaiju-woman rose to her full height. Her eyes were aglow. Her hair tentacles writhed and twisted with one another. The energy was overwhelming. A new power awoke in her. She gazed at a city block a few steps away. She reached out not with a limb: but with her mind. The buildings clumped together into a ball, tugged tight by an unseen force. Another thought and she set it rolling down the streets of Paris as a giant, deadly rubble-sphere.

 

Aoi and Yoshimi had developed telekinesis: psychic powers in general, too. Long thought to be the next stage of human cognitive development by some fringe scientists, it appeared as a common theme in many of those cheesy horror flicks her and Yoshimi watched.

 

Both of them were flush with joy as much as heat. They had settled on a perfect body design for their next stage. But, they’d need a safe place to form it, and plenty of matter to build themselves with.

 

Thankfully, the pair knew where they were: the bulk of the evacuees.

 

Before Aoi arrived, all civilians were assigned to a building to stay safe in. She fucked one such shelter to naught, and had demolished a few without realizing. The main one, where hundreds of thousands were being kept, was the National Paris Sports Dome.

 

It was a stadium far to the North. It was out of sight: a huge complex built during the last two decades as the ultimate sports stadium. On this day, it’s where the bulk of citizens were held up. It was the default evacuation location thanks to its capacity and distance from Aoi at the time.

 

Now, it was a deathtrap. All those innocent lives waited within. Huddled, scared, unknowing that they were about to contribute to the super-beings on the horizon.