- Text Size +

Chapter 7: City of Lights

 

Paris was one hell of a city, as Aoi would often say. It was the cultural, economic, and diplomatic capital of the nation. Even early 21st century it was a densely populated metropolis. Now? It was the most crowded place in France by far. The population more than doubled with 4 million people calling their home therein.

 

The architecture was gorgeous: the famous Gothic buildings of old stood side by side with the new, sleek modern buildings built over the past few decades. Shining high-speed rail-lines crisscrossed throughout the entire city: many even between buildings. There was natural beauty too, what with some greenery still preserved in a few parks as well as the clean River Seine cutting through the city. The flowing waters bisected the metropolis roughly in two down the middle as it flowed northwesterly.

 

Aoi headed towards the city from the south east, putting her far away from the Eiffel Tower. Despite the developments over the years, that building was still the largest Paris had to offer. They had a zoning law and everything to keep it that way. The kaiju-woman would be sure to visit it, but she had to make another stop first.

 

France took pride in its investments in nuclear technology up to and including the point where they built reactors in their most beloved city. Indeed, almost every major city had their own. Paris had two. A small one, east of the city’s center and a large sprawling one farther northwest.

 

Aoi was intent on devouring them both. With all that nuclear material, she’d be able to really dive into self-improvements. As big in body and keen in senses as she was, she felt there had to be more. The apex of evolution still seemed so far.

 

Standing nearly 500ft tall now, very little stood in her path. Her first ‘obstacles’ from the city, a generous term in her mind, were the arrays of forces stationed on the Boulevard Peripherique. The Peripherique was the ring of duel-carriageway highways that crisscrossed every which way as it curled around the city in a circle. A testament to good design, it demarcated the old limits of the city.

 

Of course, over the years, Paris grew past it. There was another circular expanse of roads, the so-called super-peripherique. Between it and the original were residential neighborhoods known as banlieues which teemed with apartment complexes and the like. The tallest ones came up to Aoi’s knees, and were promptly shoved aside by the movements of her legs and the idly swishing of that smooth tail of hers. She devastated them without even trying: all for the simple reason that they were in her way.

 

Aoi grinned, drinking in the calamity. She set her eyes on the tanks and artillery on the main Peripherique now in front and below her. Her toes wiggled into the destroyed building she had just stepped on.

 

The volleys and shots did nothing but warm her. A fact she made oh so clear by leaning forward, looking down, and flashing a toothy grin. “I know my appearance might shock, but don’t tell me you never saw a college student return after fucking around on a Saturday night? Sorry I don’t look my best, but I suppose it’s to be expected.”

 

She batted her eyelashes over those green-on-black eyes and laughed. Another volley of munitions fizzled against her cheeks. They failed to mar the flawlessly smooth viridian skin of hers.

 

“Wow you can all aim pretty high from down there huh?” she said. Aoi took a step closer and, as she oft did before, set her toes right in front of the humans that scurried beneath.

 

She looked past them, into the city proper where she saw helicopters and more tanks and vans and trucks and soldiers and even a few jets way up doing surveillance.

 

“I can’t believe you wasted all this time preparing for me. As if you had a chance. You should’ve maybe cleared these roads for evacuation instead, rather than a dumb last stand.”

 

She slid her right foot over the cluster of army in front of her. They fired more wildly, pampering her sole with explosive shells.

 

“If you all watched as much monster movies as I did, you’d know your city is fucked. As. Are. You.”

 

With a chuckling snort Aoi stepped on them and just kept moving. That piece of the Peripherique was piled into the underlying dirt alone with the flattened scrap that was shooting at her. Another swish of that tail took out the forces by that print, and she was at the edge of the city.

 

“Finally.” she huffed. The sprawling cosmopolis was finally in her sight--and within her reach. She reached out down towards the nearest building to crumble its roof: as though to prove that fact.

 

“I’m back, although I think I’m gonna need to drop out of university. It looks better than getting ejected for disciplinary reasons, after all.”

 

She chuckled, then took a step in the city proper. Her foot took up nearly the whole street, and it made short work of it anyways. No civilians ran about below, a fact she noticed.

 

“Ah, you’ve all been hiding I see.” She took another step, landing on some more army trucks. “I bet your packed nice and tightly in a few of these buildings. How nice of your government to prepare some boxed meals for me~”

 

She laughed at her own taunt, then suddenly spun around to take out buildings on either side with her tail. For good measure, she thwacked it down and up to really flatten those edifices beneath the tail’s tip.

 

The army pelted her with the usual things. Helicopters flew close by: again. She crushed them up with the tentacles of her hair or the four on her back: again. Overall, she was not impressed by the military’s attacks, and she was a bit too focused on her goal to play with them much. She wanted a reactor core: a real one.

 

It was a mile or so in that she found it. The nuclear plant was on the northern end of the Seine river. She had to cross the stream: a very easy task with her size and finesse. It was just a tad wider than she was tall at the moment, so with a dense pack of apartment buildings in the way, she grinned and remembered the forms she used during track practice.

 

Knees bent, she rushed. Her tail flung haphazardly side to side; it spun so much it clipped a helicopter desperate trailing her backside. Her feet pounded with the full force of her weight. Even if one was lucky enough to dodge the step itself, being too close had the shockwaves wiping them out anyways. The ground trembled and when she reached the edge of that river she leaped. Thigh muscles twitched, knees sprung and her legs extended.

 

...Aoi overshot it by far. She leaped clear over the plant and landed on the transformers and power-offices nearby. Sparks of electricity harmlessly danced over her blue-green body. Explosions of batteries rose in fiery, crackling plumes. She felt fine though. If anything, all that warmth and static titillated her a bit.

 

Soon. She’d tend to that very soon, she told herself.

 

The lights of Paris flickered before the grid adjusted itself for the sudden power lose. There was about to be another.

 

She crawled towards the nuclear plant. This one had a few short cooling towers, but it didn’t need much being so close to the river. The building was a series of three boxes, with the central largest one housing the reactor rooms.

 

Aoi tore into it like a wrapped present on x-mas day. She had no regard for whether ripping off that roof or that wall would release spilled radiation into the city. It didn’t, but the chunks of it she flung to the side and over shoulder certainly made a mess.

 

Concrete bits rained from above to fall on a few unlucky soldiers. They were stationed a bit away, on orders not to shoot her by the reactor in case they triggered a meltdown or something.

 

This was a somewhat older design. Though modernized heavily since its creation a few decades ago, it still used a uranium core. Nice and radioactive those were. She found the reactor chambers. There were four of them, fairly close to one another. Each one looked like a concrete milk bottle. They were elongated with something akin to a lid on top.

 

For Aoi they were less than a baseball in size and just small enough to stuff in her mouth and gulp down whole. It was a grizzly sight: the bulge visible on her throat as the prize trailed towards her taut tummy.

 

“Ah~” she sighed. “Three more~”

 

Her tentacles yanked up the others and she went back on the move. Aoi stomped and slammed her feet into the surrounding structures while she ate. The tentacles on her hair kept the aircraft at by while she mashed other military beneath her feet.

 

There was minor radioactivity in the area, which her body happily lapped up. The real fun was going on in her stomach. As the she swallowed the prizes down with glee, they began to fizzle and crack open in that churning stomach of hers. The fission reactions tapered off, all the while the energy they offered was lapped up by her stomach walls: the rich bounty of uranium clumps with it.

 

A few moments after, Aoi froze and grabbed her stomach. She grunted, and for a moment the army thought they had her. Maybe it was a lucky shot, or maybe she had made a mistake devouring so much nuclear mass?

 

Far from it: it was a grunt of pleasure. Potential flowed through her. Her reserves of radioactive energy, which dwindled to a mere smidge since arriving her, now overflowed. It was so much she wasn’t quite ready to handle it, and her body suddenly pulsed with heat. Everything in a 100ft radius was scorched as she collapsed to her knees in a blissful, feverish ecstasy.

 

“Mnf, so, warm...”

 

Her body eventually got in under control, though not before a few blocks were toast from the literal heatwaves alone. The soldiers there were cooked alive, and the buildings were blackened from the high temperature pulses.

 

She could probably weaponize that if she wanted to. Later perhaps. For now, it was time to take care of a need she’d been neglecting.

 

The sensation of power, of potential, it was getting to her. She was rapidly evolving her senses. Her already sublime vision got even clearer. She could zoom in on a driver of a military truck a mile away all the way down to see an acne scar from ages past on his cheek. She could feel: oh the things she could feel now. The feeling of rubble down to flakes of dust on her soles. An errant breeze tickled the flesh between her thighs and she shivered. She had to get this new sensitivity under control, but in the meantime, a bit of fun couldn’t hurt.

 

Her body was expanding slowly. She had found another optimization towards mass utilization. She’d eat some more soldiers soon, but she wanted to find a nice, sturdy building to grind up against. She found one: a tall, thick skyscraper with curvy exterior to keep the surface from being too flat and boring. It was back on the other side of the river, so she quickly lept back over and found the task even more trivial.

 

Aoi stomped towards her target. The army still failed to get her attention below, though her hair lashed up another helicopter as a mid-walk snack. The people inside that craft traveled to her gut while the reactors were dying down. They got to experience the agony of her digestive fluids in tandem with severe radiation poisoning from the fallout-zone her stomach was at the moment.

 

The concept of shame was out the window. She was aroused and they were beneath her concern. A single droplet from her snatch fell overhead onto a ‘roadblock’--as if that’d ever work. The femcum was molten hot and acrid in nature. It quickly melted through the roofs of trucks to dissolve the idiots stuck inside.

 

A lustful Aoi wrapped her legs around that office building and started rubbing against it. The light viridian flesh of her inner thighs grinded against the building which, as she just now learned, was used as one of the many evacuation shelters. It was filled with citizens and guarded by a few soldiers. They thought its out-of-the-way location would make it safe.

 

They were wrong.

 

Aoi grunted. Like a beast in a rut she slammed her crotch into the building. The force broke the window against her vulva, and her juices splashed inside with every thrust of her hips. The fluids sprayed onto the poor fools within, melting them down as she got herself off.

 

Loud moans and groans and grunts quickened in pace. Her body was steadily growing; the pressuring on the building increased. Aoi knew there were people in there. She heard their screams, felt their very heat. Her back tentacles punctured to wrap up a few. Soldier and salary-man alike were either stuffed in her agape, salivating mouth; mashed against her plush tits; or stuffed into her snatch to writhe and dissolve for her pleasure.

 

Her body heat was oppressive, though not to the point of melting anyone. Her toes blocked the front exit. The elevators were shot and the stairwells bent into uselessness by careless clenches of her thighs. Her panting was loud, hurried.

 

“M-more!” she bellowed, wrapping her arms around the building to drive it into her naked body. Her cunt was sopping wet, and the tilt of the tower sent a floor’s worth of evacuees towards her lower lips. One of them bumped against her clit, losing a layers of skin to the corrosive fluid coating it. That sent Aoi over the edge.

 

The kaiju-woman cried out in blissful delight. It was a deafening moan that’d give many a movie monster’s roar a run for their money. Windows shattered nearby. Her fluids surged forth in a torrential gush that soaked the nearest floor before melting down to the lower ones. Anyone still alive in the building was just waiting their turn for the sweet-scented ‘rain’ to melt their ceiling and themselves into goo.

 

Aoi was literally alight after. Her skin was flush with a dimly glowing green. It put a new meaning to the word afterglow. As usual, her body cleaned itself, though any of her nectar that gushed out was the city’s problem to deal with. It singed the concrete and asphalt beneath pretty deep before finally neutralizing. The building was completely totaled from her rut-like fervor: so much for that ‘shelter’.

 

“Wew, this city can sure give a woman a good time. I’ll give it that much.”

 

Aoi laughed, then sat down for a moment. The giant viridian woman’s tentacles and legs splayed out and through the nearby structures. Her body was cooling down from that climax, and she looked deep inside to see what improvements she had in store. Anyone who fell into her vaginal lips and never came out was absorbed. It was a bit more mass to work with, but not much.

 

Still, she grew--slowly. 600ft then 700ft. More mass was needed. Aoi felt a bit parched, and waltzed back to the River Seine. It wasn’t very deep, but it was definitely wide enough for her to dunk her head in for a drink. A few armored boats decided now was a good time to try and attack her. In retaliation, she simply opened her mouth over them and gulped them down along with her sip at the river.

 

With a belly full of armed gunboats, Aoi let loose a loud sigh and rose to her full height. They got a few rounds off in there before her digestive fluids worked them down. She tapped her stomach to jostle them about.

 

“Easy, that’s kind of ticklish you know.”

 

Another giggle and then Aoi focused. The internal mutation experiments she performed were progressing rapidly. It was a simple process: she cloned some of the DNA she had, including her own, and mixed it with radiation her body stored. She could tell what was useful on an unconscious level and what was junk. Her senses were enhanced even further, and her ability to process them as well. Her mind felt clear, calm--even amid all the soldiers screaming and shots firing.

 

Then she heard it. A familiar voice. Miles away but she heard it nonetheless. She turned to its source, the Eiffel Tower.

 

It was Yoshimi talking. She was whispering to herself. Aoi zoomed in with her eyes and saw her girlfriend staring at her phone, cursing at what was going on.

 

Emotions flared: conflicting. There she was. The girlfriend who left her to die! Yet, she seemed to be worried about something. A part of Aoi felt pity at that. Was it her that Yoshimi was worried about? What else could it be?

 

A distraction took her away, her body shuddered. It was another blast of growth. She had cracked some genetic code and found another fast track to growth. The matter she absorbed could be multiplied even further; her height with it. Trucks and tanks closed in on her at last, only to get steamrolled by towering toes and the sides of her feet. They were beneath her notice now.

 

But the Eiffel Tower wasn’t.

 

Aoi’s body stopped expanding at 1100ft in height (335m), larger than most movie monsters that ever claimed fame. The wrought-iron tower called her name. The woman at the top of it turned to face her. From here, she read Yoshimi’s lips.

 

“Aoi”