- Text Size +

Chapter 11: Peaks

 

Rather than waste time mucking about in this new universe, Clover appeared right atop her target. She had scried in her search what humans had made, and was sure to show up at a size to handle them with ease. Soon as she arrived, the rift behind her sealed.

 

Here, humans had harnessed all the energy of their star and thus became what is known as a “Kardashev Type II” civilization. They built a vessel around the Sun, and used it to traverse the cosmos. Clover leaned in to study its form up close.

 

One end was flat as the end of the cylinder. From there, the structure tapered to a pointed tip at the front. The entire vessel was adorned with little squarish bubbled worlds of green and blue. A thick, transparent and strong material protected them from the void of space. They weren’t spheres, but flat planes bent slightly convex. Each one had a population of tens of billions, and with Clover’s sight she saw grey metropolises speckled across the continents.

 

These myriad world-bubbles arranged in tightly clustered rings spanning about the vessel. Very slowly, the rings turned turned, which simulated the passage of days.

 

Clover took a look at the material underlying all this: seeing through the outer layers if need be. The construct was made out of some futuristic metal. Within the structures core, humanity’s Sun had been squeezed down to a deformed oval by gravity manipulators, and every bit of energy it had was lapped out by harvesting panels. They focused the star’s light at parts to handle the day cycles properly, but even with the terraformed bubble-worlds blocking it out when convenient, the entire structure had a dim yellow glow from the green deity’s perspective.

 

It was humanity’s greatest technology marvel. With it, they explored the Milky Way galaxy, all while carrying out luxurious lives on one of 800 or so pseudo-earths of their design. The super-structure was immense: longer than a star though not nearly as tall since its power source was ‘smushed’.

 

Clover erupted into laughter.


“Oh my. Surely you must’ve noticed this in your designs? Why, you look just like corn on the cob!”

 

Still in a giggle fit, she placed her fingers on either end of the vessel. As a precaution, humanity’s admiral council tried to warp away, but Clover had seen to it those functionalities failed.

 

“Believe it or not, you’re the most advanced race of humans out there, of all the universes! That’s something to be proud of.”

 

She pressed her finger to one of the bubbled-worlds. For a moment, billions of humans saw deep into the ridges of her finger prints as great green canyons. Clover gave the entire ring a spin. The vessel groaned as it wasn’t quite designed for that, and a ring of dozens of Earth-like habitats spun wildly. Their buildings crumbled. Human insides flew out from the g-force, and day and night cycled rapidly as systems malfunctioned.

 

Clover laughed. “All these worlds you made for yourself: they’re just like kernels. Sweet, delicious corn kernels~”

 

When the vessel finally restabilized, the great abyss of Clover’s maw was upon dozens of their habitats. Sharp white teeth dug under the world-kernels and tore them from the literal star-ship. Clover didn’t chew her meal, instead swallowing the morsels whole. Still, as with eating normal corn, a kernel or two was bound to burst. The worlds hit directly by her incisors popped easily.

 

“Mmmf” she swallowed the first bite. With the world-kernels removed, yellow plasma from underlying tubes ruptured out into the void of space.

 

“Sweet and succulent~”, Clover quipped.

 

She rotated the vessel again, chomped, then again. Much like an actual ear of corn, she moved it side to side as she gnashed at it. Chomp after chomp, gulp after gulp, and she was left with just a few kernels on either end.

 

“Ah, it’d be a bit undignified to bite you off. Kernels on the ends are always hardest to nibble. Still, I wouldn’t want to waste any food though~”

 

With a giggle, she reopened her chest maw and stuffed the rest of the structure therein. The spirals of teeth made short work of the rest of it, and the sound of shearing and crumpling metal on the stellar scale echoed through her body. Soon, she resealed her abdomen.

 

Clover wanted most world-kernels to reach her stomach intact, so her toothed throat was extra gentle gulping them all down. They plopped down into dozens of stars worth of her thick digestive syrup.

 

The green deity was well past the point of needing eyes to see: but she wanted them to know she was watching. So, as they sunk into the mire of her gut, she formed a great big green eye on a wall of stomach flesh. That clear super-material protecting the habitats started to yield to the corrosive fluid. Still, gravity generators kept the trillions of humans on their feet no matter how their containers turned or churned. Humanity looked up to their skies to see, amid the glowing fleshy horrors, a shining green eye looking down at them.

 

Soon they were gone, and Clover was infused with trillions and trillions of souls.

 

She pushed her arms and legs out for a divine stretch.

 

“Aah~” she thundered, her voice rattling to the edge of the cosmos.

 

“You’re all mine. Time to join your god~”

 

She snapped her fingers and loomed over the Milky Way galaxy like a cook over a pot of soup. There were over 40-billion inhabited planets in there and, like a soup, she pursed her lips and slurped them all up.

 

“More~” she said.

 

Another galaxy. This one quite distant. It was wrapped up in a great silver construct. One alien civilization had harnessed all the energy within: a Kardashev Scale III civilization. Clover tapped the megalithic structure with her finger and vines blossomed on its inside. The stems ripped through stars and smothered the great empire within under pollen and puffs and greenery. The entire galaxy containment construct erupted into dust as a great flower emerged soon after. Her body imbibed all the souls.

 

“More~” she said.

 

Another snap. The large Magellanic cloud--a rather diffuse collection of star systems--was in front of her like a tuft of cotton candy. She reached out with her tongue to dissolve it.

 

“And again~”

 

Another snap of her fingers and she was upon the Andromeda galaxy. It was as small as a bowl of water and she dipped her toe into it. A little swirl and quintillions more alien souls flooded into her.


“More~”

 

Another snap and the green deity loomed in front of a super cluster half her height. The galaxies were as small as sprinkles to her divine might. She fluttered her wings and dashed those stellar-spirals to atoms. Countless more quintillions of souls: all hers.

 

“More still~”

 

Super clusters were but sprinkles now. Clover fancied a strawberry, so she conjured one big enough to fit in her fingers. Another thought and a chocolate glaze coated its surface. Another trivial thought and those dozens of super clusters, each made up of hundreds or thousands of galaxies, all swarmed to the fruit’s surface and stuck.

 

She slipped the treat into her mouth and chomped down. Clover discarded only the leafed top of it to the void. She pointed a galaxy rending finger at it and that sole remnant burst into dark flames.

 

“I can feel a bit more souls in this universe. Stragglers, know that if my voice can reach you, so too can my other powers.”

 

Another snap of her fingers. A wave of dark energy rippled out from her form at speeds to make light’s gait look like a snail’s. The entire universe was reaped of life and the souls sowed to her.

 

“And done~ Now, let’s check on that other universe.”

 

Clover tore a rift to the universe she was in previously, the one where she turned a planet into her minion. Well, that planet turned another, and then the two of them turned two more, and so on and so on. With Clover having granted the creation the ability to warp within its universe, that particular cosmos fell exponentially fast.

 

Clover entered a universe rife with her planet-scale plant-flesh minions and grinned. Soon as she stepped forth, torrents of blue entered her: another universe’s worth of souls. Her minions couldn’t harvest spirits on their own: she wouldn’t make the same mistake Hudraloth did. So, they just waited there for her.

 

She moaned, a god could enjoy herself as she saw fit: unabashed and unashamed. The power influx was unrivaled bliss, she couldn’t contain herself and climaxed on the spot. Her wings stretched, star-cluster dwarfing toes curled. Several galaxies worth of femcum-resin gushed into the void and solidified elaborate spherical patterns.

 

“Wonderful work my creations, simply wonderful.”

 

A snap of her fingers and they exploded into plant matter. With a thought she pulled it towards her unfathomably large body. Clover willed it to melt into her skin and be absorbed that way.

 

“Now, for everything else ‘everything’ has to offer. If it exists from here on, it shall be mine alone.”

 

Clover snapped her fingers, and millions upon millions of little rifts opened up around her.