- Text Size +

Chapter 7

   “Dreams are the refuge of the thoughts we push away”

                                                                  D.X. Machina

 

 

I regained consciousness in a far different world then I left. Shards of lights filtered in from a concourse of tunnels and pathways that went about in every direction. My surroundings were unlike anything that I had ever experienced before. I began walking forward following the first pathway before me.

 

As I continue walking, it was simply unimaginable that I could be walking on a assortment of her clothing. What troubles me the most is the fact that I have no idea how to get out of here.

 

The air was filled with a mixture of perfumes and stale sweat. The surfaces were much more smooth and slick unlike the carpet and kitchen floor I had been on before. The sounds of the outside world are muffled. The faint sounds of top 40’s music could be heard. It’s in the distinctive popish range and beats set it apart from other genre’s even at this minute size. 

 

I could only faintly feel the floorboard reverberations as the giant girl had came back. The sounds of life push me forward along with my want to rejoin that world. As I continue to walk I could still feel some of the effects from the concussion but it had subsided to the point of being just an annoying headache.

 

As I walk unsure of where I am exactly heading, the main thing I am trying to do is to continually move forward in the same direction. As then, eventually I will reach the wall of this laundry basket.  That is the idea at least. The sounds of the girl begin to subside. An eerie silence has taken over the apartment.

 

“Finally, I catch a break” I say to myself with the knowledge of the fact if they are asleep, I can move about and escape from here without being hampered by these giants living their life.

 

I continue to walk, and walk, and walk some more. It got to the point where I could go no further and decided to call it a day myself. As it had been a fairly eventful day in its own right and I could use some rest.

 

I awake to the busy stirring going on in the bedroom. I couldn’t exactly tell what was going on but a lot of walking and opening and closing of drawers. Quickened footfalls boom across the floor, as the floorboards reverberate constantly.

 

The constant shaking reminds me a bit of being on sea. I have only been on a cruise once, but the waves and water constantly rock you as you are on the ship. The sensation I’m feeling now is much the same.

 

I groan as I make it to my feet feeling more tired than I did when I went to sleep. I wipe the crust from eyes as I look around at the dim lighting in the cassimere baby blue and white tunnel. The fact that what amounts to a metric ton of fabric that is being forced down on the tunnel around me is not lost on me as I make my way down the long corridor. The knowledge that any shift or added weight could completely close off, or eradicate the tunnel I am currently in weighs on me heavily.

 

The commotion about the room begins to lessen as what feels like several days worth of time comes to pass. The arduous walk finally comes to an end as I see a wicker wall in front of me. The cassimere sweater that I am on leads right up to one of the giant holes in the wicker wall; As I step through the hole and look down I realize one very troubling factor. I am what amounts to a few hundred thousand feet in the air.

 

“How the hell am I going to get down” I say, as I find myself unable to even see the floor below.  If this were a building I suspect that I would be able to look down and see the clouds as if I was flying in a plane.

 

I spent so much time getting here, a feeling of defeat washes over me. The impossibility of each situation is daunting. Any progress that I make towards a resolution ends with me taking two steps back. I step away from the ledge and return the cassimere tunnel dejected and unsure of which way to go.

 

The mental and physical strain on my body has left me weak and tired. I awoke to the sounds of the girl re-entering her room. I startled by the fact that I wasn’t even aware that I had fallen asleep. I ignored her movements as they no longer affected me. Conversations, music, phone calls all come and pass over a dizzying few days.

 

A wave of hunger and a thirst for water push me to get up and start trying to reach the bottom of this laundry basket. As I don’t really want to die here, so I begin walking back through the tunnels and concourses hoping to find a way to the bottom.  After a few hours of walking I felt everything begin to shake.  

 

My world and everything I can perceive is thrown into total chaos. The cavern walls are caving in as I scurry deeper and deeper into the basket hoping to find refuge. The cognizance of the cause of all this starts to seep into my brain, and then almost as if I need to speak it just so that I can truly grasp it I finally utter the reality in which I didn’t want to believe.

 

“She’s doing her laundry” I yell as I hear the loud thundering impacts of her dropping the clothes into what I assume are piles. The cavern that I was currently heading towards begins to cave in behind me. I look back as a feeling of absolute terror overcomes me. I can see a new cave just ahead of me. I dive into the new cave just as the cavern I was running down collapses completely. I scramble up and dash over to the collapsed entry point. My eyes having adjusted to the darkness I find myself able to make out various shapes. I pound against the newly formed wall but it had little to no give. I feel my way around the circular room I am in.

 

“trapped like a rat” I mutter to myself unable to believe my luck. “All I can do now is wait for her to work her way down to wherever I am in the clothes hamper and hope for the best. “ I mumble as I make my way towards what I think is the back of the room.

 

I press my back against the wall behind me hoping that if nothing else when she grabs whatever I’m stuck in I don’t go tumbling out to my doom. Several nerve racking minutes pass by.  I watch as the shirt that was blocking the way I came into this cavern lifts upward and shards of light filter in.

 

I blink several times as my eyes re-adjust to the light, however before I can get any bearings together everything begins to close in around me as she grasps article of clothing that I was trapped in. I shove my arms out in front of me in a vain attempt to ward off the walls of fabric which are rushing towards me.

 

A cotton wall cocoons around me as I realize that I’m about to be done in by a t-shirt. My ears pop as my body struggles to adjust to the altitudes that I am accelerating through.  The blood flows from my hand as I tightly grip onto the fabric of the shirt for dear life. Any sense of floor, and ceiling that the shirt had created are gone as I everything is now drooping down. All exits now lead towards one place, my doom. A fall from here would surely be the end of me. The odds of surviving a such a fall twice are beyond lucky. The gods may have shined down on me once, but for them to show mercy again it far from reasonable.

 

I sense the girl release her grip as the shirt seems to almost hang in the air for a moment. It’s unreal feeling as if the shirt and I are flying.  Then a sharp descent hits me throwing my stomach into the back of my mouth. A horrific scream leaves me as the shirt tumble end over end. A fall that should be less than a second seems to take hours.

 

The impact of the shirt hitting landing jars my grip loose as I tumble into the newly formed wall opposite of me. I look down at myself not even realizing that I had thrown up. My muscles feel weak as I crawl through the corridor created by the impact. The small, cramp space that I am moving though starts to give me the willies.  As every few moments I hear a loud crash of some of her clothes landing somewhere nearby. I knew that I couldn’t last much longer, my muscles were crying out from a mixture of dehydration and lack of nourishment. I needed get away and find some water at the very least. I could go longer without food then I can without water.

 

As I turn the corner of a cave which has a slight descent at first but soon turns much sharper. I find myself sliding down unable to stop myself. I shoot out of the cave and descend a couple stories and crash back onto the ground.  A sense of jubilation overcomes me. I could almost kiss the nearest carpet strand. I take a few minutes to catch my bearing. The sight is unnerving as I find myself staring up at the pile of her bright colored clothes I had just been intermixed with. If I didn’t know any better I would say they are just hanging above me like the blue sky on a clear day.  Almost as if in response to my thoughts the pile of clothes starts to lift away.  Bright light beams down on me blinding me completely for a moment. As my vision returns the massive form of Brooke Davis is literally standing before me. I stare up at her as she tosses the pile of clothes into a laundry basket effortlessly. I had spent days trapped and lost in a mess of her discarded clothing and without a thought she tosses it to the side.

 

I continue starting up at her through the strands on carpet as she repeats the process again putting her clothes into several baskets.  As her foot carelessly stomps down here and there the vulnerability of my situation begins to weigh on me. I definitely need cover but in the distance beside her bed I spot a large glass reaching into the sky like a magnificent skyscraper next to her bed.

 

“it looks like I can have my cake and eat it too” I say myself as I start heading towards the glass with the thought of thirst solely on my mind.