- Text Size +

Chapter 10: Interstitial

 

Those nougat-building-bars of Blair’s boosted her size just past the two mile mark. Her feet were longer than she was tall breaking out from that party at the warehouse, and each quaking step of hers smothered two blocks at a time.

 

She walked fast.

 

Blair’s march was methodical. She walked all the way down the length of the city leaving a path of destruction in the shape of her fair-toned feet. Once at the end, she’d turn to step onto the blocks by her side, then walk down the city’s length again. The ponytailed woman did this again and again, growing hundreds of feet with every step and thousands with every ‘row’ she trampled.

 

If there was anyone left in the city to defend it, she scarcely noticed them.

 

She was done with the place she used to live. Like almost everything else of her old life, it was left behind in her wake. She had grown past it literally and figuratively. Besides, she figured if she ever felt sentimental about it again, she could always just call forth one the stolen souls of its former denizens to bully. Her core held hundreds of thousands of them by the time she stepped out from the ruined city’s bounds.

 

She went North. She walked along the highway out of the city, and took great satisfaction when her mile-long steps crushed some of the few humans able to flee her old home in cars. The massive ponytailed woman stood 6 miles (9.6km) now, and the ground shook with every shattering steps of hers. Free from the city, Blair moved at a more leisurely pace. She had more than enough size to reach her next target in time.

 

A couple hundred miles north of her old city was its newer and far more successful neighbor. The buildings there would be dense and plentiful. Its population was over ten times the economically depressed city she had been stuck in.

 

A hundred miles once seemed like a long journey to her, but now it was a breeze. In an hour she could walk over ten thousand miles at her size. Her journey took only a few minutes, during which she went out of her way to step on anything of interest. Small hills flattened under her step. Her soles settled on swaths of forests which were quickly absorbed to leave bare dead earth. She found only a single town along the way though. It was small enough to be finished in just two stomps, and she was more than happy to do so.

 

A little over halfway towards that city and she spotted a red light hurtling through the air. It glowed like a flare and zoomed straight into her taut and naked stomach where it exploded. That little rocket didn’t even blow a chunk of her away with its blast; instead, it just kind of pushed stuff around. Her taffy-flesh ripped a bit, true, but she quickly pulled it back together: good as new. She set her caramel colored eyes on the source, and laughed.

 

Stretching two thousand feet in width was an array of military force between her and that populous city on her mind. Soldiers held rockets and mortars here and there, though most held rifles. They stood between trucks and tanks willing and able to fire longer range artillery and missiles in her direction. She smiled.

 

“Are you the welcoming committee for the city? Here to greet your angel of death?” said Blair.

 

She took a few steps closer, shaking the ground underneath their booted feet. Her body stretched up past the clouds, which were lapped up by her naked taffy-skin as airy delights. The ponytailed giant’s very voice rung their ears. Many soldiers shook at the sight of such an impossible foe, but at their commander’s orders they kept firing.

 

“Are you a massage team, sent just for me? If so you should hit a little harder~”, she said in a tease.

 

Mortars and rockets did nothing to her. Her candy-flesh was too thick and sturdy for them to do anything more then shimmy it with their strikes. The artillery and missiles had a bit more success, managing to make holes in her flesh like before, but those were quickly filled and no weapon punctured deep enough to get her to spill even a bit of her chocolate ‘blood’.

 

Her feet settled to the earth just hundreds of feet away. She looked down on them, hands on her hips. Her smile stretched wide and her expression was painted painfully smug.

 

“Perhaps you’re the volunteer appetizers before my main course. Sadly, I’m not sure you’d be very filling to me.”

 

While the heavy-duty vehicles reloaded their shots, the rifle troops on the ground shot at her from a distance with automatic weapons. Their little pellets hit her toes to elicit some wiggling from the tormentor of a titaness.

 

“That almost tickles.” she said. “I think I’ll deal with you with weapons of my own. It’ll be like a little contest! I’m sure you know by now I’m something more than human. I’m a force of sweet suffering upon you.”

 

A heavy-duty missile fired from a rather large truck to impact with her tummy. The taffy-flesh once again ripped a but, but she pulled it back together good as new in less than a second. She held out her hand.

 

“My turn~” she said.

 

Her fingers opened at the tips and she launched boulder-sized candy pellets at the soldiers. The colorful candy shells exploded on impact to release hot chocolate death on her foes.

 

While they fired more useless rockets at her, her fingers shut and she pointed her right palm at the force now. Pointed candy corn launched from her hand’s flesh as she swept her arm from right to left. Each of the creamy projectiles was almost as big as a house and stuck into the ground atop whatever they hit.

 

The forces were nearly defeated and started to rout. She shook her finger.

 

“Ah, you may be done, but I’m not.”

 

Blair curled her right hand into a fist before dissolving it into her body. The stub on her arm opened into a hole that spread open, and her arm looked like the barrel of a cannon. There was a sound in her body: crunching and kneading. The squishiness of the noise made the troops shiver. Her arm stretched to accommodate its mass as it moved up through the limb.

 

She pointed it at the biggest chunk of fleeing forces and tracked their movement. She shouted with glee.

 

“Ready. Aim. Fire!”

 

Her arm launched out a hill sized sphere of concentrated candy. It was white with colorful patches on it: a gigantic jawbreaker. The rolling death overtook the bulk of the forces with ease. Those who survived its initial landing got caught as it rolled right over them, crushing them into its surface to add some red dots to its speckled surface.

 

Blair reformed her hand back to normal. The troops who dodged the jawbreaker thought themselves safe and free to run. They managed to get to one side of it and bail to the West or East.

 

Blair laughed.

 

“You fools, did you forget, or did you never even know that every bit of sugary sweet I send out is an extension of my will?”

 

The jawbreaker stirred again, and started rolling after the ones who escaped it thus far. It turned on a dime and moved with haste to pursue the as a monster in its own right.

 

Once every last soldier was smushed, she moved the jawbreaker to roll up all the bodies, crushed vehicles, and bits of her candy weapons left behind. Coated in all sorts of colors now, she picked it up and stuffed it into her mouth where it *just* managed to fit in her jaw. She swallowed it whole, distorting her throat to do so.

 

There was nothing in the path between her and the next city now, and she stomped right over towards it. Her toes set themselves on the tiny residential buildings at its outskirts. The city was a splendid thing. There wasn’t an abandoned building in sight here, let alone an entire district. Even the shorter skyscrapers here were taller than what her home city had to offer.

 

Her mouth watered.

 

“Finally, a nice and rich meal worthy of my palate.”

 

Blair got down on her knees, quaking the earth and bringing about the first causalities in that metropolis. She opened wide, leaned in, and dragged her tongue across a few blocks.

 

The candy-monster-woman worked that gummy muscle of a tongue with unnatural precision. Anyone touched by the thing got stuck by the ultra-sticky coating on its surface. She wanted as many people alive as possible when she swallowed them down. Of course, hundreds died getting crushed as the buildings they were in collapsed, but anyone out in the open had a fair shot.

 

Her first lick collected thousands of lives, scores of vehicles, and about two blocks worth of buildings. Sticky syrupy saliva and caramel lingered where her tongue dragged, and anyone who tripped in it was swallowed up in the molasses-like mire.

 

Blair’s mouth was so large as to be its own little world. The bumpy surface of her tongue was coated with thousands and thousands of little gumdrops acting as papillae, with even smaller ones acting as taste-buds. Her lips sealed, though light remained from phosphorescent inner-flesh. She moaned in delight at their flavor and it shook the enormous chamber in its own little tremor.


“Mmmmm~”

 

Strands of syrup and caramel saliva plummeted down to wash over buildings and crush people in their bulk. The gobbets fanned out over the surface of her slick tongue. She swallowed before too many could die, and down her fleshy tunnel of a throat they went to simmer in her gut.

 

Blair smacked her lips. “Yum-my. All that flavor, and I’m just one lick in.”

 

She went down for seconds.

“Aaaah~”

 

The titaness crawled over the city. Her palms, knees, and the tops of her feet crushed from above in her movements. They demolished the city blocks at a time, and Blair lamented she wouldn’t get to feel them sliding down her throat. Luckily, the candy-woman managed to absorb even those while they still lived. The tiny people and their edifices slipped into her taffy-flesh as it came down. She didn’t need her tongue to taste, nor her mouth to eat. Her immense size made that unreliable, and many were dead and crushed before they had the chance to dissolve within her.

 

Still, she achieved her goal of lapping the metropolis up in one way or another. For every district she accidentally crushed in her feast, one dozen more slipped down her throat to stew in the sour slurry of her stomach. Each and every mouthful grew her body bigger.

 

Blair had saved the most delicious chunk of city for last. Right at the metropolis's center laid the richer districts. Twisting spires of glass and steel speckled throughout the whole area. The ritzy upper-class apartments were placed nearby the lucrative corporate HQs so as to minimize walking time. The ponytailed woman partially liquefied her hands to slip under the foundation of the entire area before reforming. With a grip in place, she brought the entire bounty to her awaiting mouth and bit into it like a cookie.

 

She shut her eyes and savored the buttery rich taste. The city’s richest hunkered down as she mashed the tops of their towers against the roof of her mouth. Saliva flowed through the buildings to wash them out and make the taste of her own sugary spit even sweeter. She gulped loud and with an indulgent sigh.

 

Blair stood up and walked North past that metropolitan area. Before proceeding she turned around and admired her handy work. A thin layer of her syrup and caramel spittle covered the ground where the city once stood. There wasn’t a speck of humanity in it. All was dissolved in its fluid. All was consumed by her.

 

She reached down and set her finger to it and her body reabsorbed that residual mass. She grew another few thousand feet from that, and noticed the area looked twice as small as it did before she ate it up.

 

So, at more than 10 miles tall now, Blair smiled to herself, turned back around, and waltzed towards the nation’s capital.