- Text Size +

Chapter 44: Delta

 

Delta had done it, she was everything. She was finally free to be herself, forever, at the expense of all others.

 

She no longer had any limits on what she could do: she had real and actual omnipotence, and she didn’t hold back with her fantasies.

 

The tyrant simulated entire universes in every possible permutation of torment and indulgence. She devoured entire cosmoses in ways only slightly different from one another: more saliva in a certain part of her mouth in one of many quintillion simulations here, less in another part of her mouth in another such simulation there.

 

Innumerable universes existed where the only difference from one another was the amount of pressure she applied to a planet underfoot, and even then only by the slightest fraction that would be impossible for any human--no, any mind less than hers to notice.

 

Countless universes differed only in these slight deviations of actions. It was a game to her: a means to test how miniscule--to her at least--differences in behavior could create more pleasure at the end. Of course, with her divinity, she simply *knew* ahead of time, but she went through it all anyways to amuse herself.

 

Though many of her universe simulations were of these slightly different forms, others were vastly unlike anything sapient minds had ever known or had even the remotest hope of comprehending.

 

In one scenario, Delta simulated entire universes in each and every one of her pores. Each one met a simple, yet grand end at one point or another as she floated through a realm. The minor twitches of her being would compressed them dozens at a time.

 

In other scenarios, everyone was trapped in a fleshscape universe. No matter how far they walked, drove, or flew in their light-speed-surpassing space-ships, they’d see her undulating horrific flesh at every turn. There were countless maws devouring entire worlds and unassailable yellow eyes everywhere. Entire galaxies were tangled up in digested pods within the eldritch meat-Delta of that simulation, and a single random droplet of the ever oozing acids could end entire super-clusters of galaxies.

 

In one simulation, Delta manifested in the Nexus in a form so incomprehensible that the minds of those who gazed on it were destroyed. She laughed, fixed them, then did it again and again for years. It wasn’t even her true nature on the outside she showed them. Rather, it was just some trivial idea of a body she thought up in less span than a quindecillionth of a second. Still, it managed to be so completely destructive to them and oh so amusing to her.

 

Ever a fan of games, Delta decided to play one with a copy of every unique sapient mind there was. Every individual member of every species found themselves on the body of a Delta more than big enough to fit them all. Some form of gravity held them there. Their ruler let them know wordlessly that their goal was to bring her the most pleasure possible, with half of them being eliminated, painfully, every minute. The slightest bit of her pleasure was more important than a clone’s existence, after all.

 

It was hardly a fair game, and not just cause of her megalithic size. Those lucky enough to appear on her crotch had a big advantage over those on her elbow. Irrelevant, as all that mattered to Delta was that she got something out of it which, of course, she did.


She always did.

 

In another scenario, the universe was as it was before her rise, with the slight change that everyone was always feeling the peak pain levels that their old bodies would have let them experience. On top of that, they knew their suffering was granting some unfathomably great being immense pleasure. Otherwise, they were free to exist and conduct themselves without her interference. Naturally, all those civilizations collapsed and died out: rather fast, in fact, as the pain was too much for them to do anything but writhe about till expiration by dehydration.

 

In another, ostensibly more mundane scenario, Delta rested in an opulent hot-tub bath. She turned on the nozzle and the basin filled with warm and soothing water that teemed with universes in every drop. She wouldn’t let them perish till they hit her skin, so till then all the quintillions of consciousness clones were awash in heated agony and confusion as the water rolled around them and filled the very ‘space’ of empty-space in their universes.

 

Delta watched it all, aware of every bit of it. Her yellow eyes gazed at the ‘water’, amused as the bubble jets massaged her back. She lifted a foot and saw a vast plethora of universes drift off her skin, destroyed, to plop back into the bath water.

 

All these simulations happened at the same time more or less. She could inhabit infinite bodies, make infinite realms to test each and every idea that came to her head. Her whims became realities at a thought. Her existence was grand and exhilaratingly wonderful every single moment.

 

--==--==--==--

 

One realm was filled with a sprawling Nexus city: big enough to hold all the unique minds of the entire old universe she had consumed and subsumed. Most people found themselves in an enormous version of Central Square, though all the humans and alien-species were scattered throughout the gigantic metropolis.

 

A 50 foot tall Delta appeared, naked as usual, right at the center of the square. Her feet rested on the remains of some beings crushed by her entry, and a few seconds after her appearance she had grown a dozen more feet in height. Her circuit-patterned hair gently stirred in the simulated breeze as she spoke aloud and into all their minds.

 

“Hello everyone, you’re all gonna be a part of a special fantasy of mine: a classic one. Simply put, I’m gonna destroy this entire city, over and over again, getting bigger with every single one of your delicious demises~”

The people by her toes started to turn back and flee, but the mob was too densely packed to get far. Aliens and humans tripped over one another. Delta lifted up her right foot and moved it over the prone and pathetic creatures. The immaculately clean sole of the ped filled their vision. It rose up, then down to stomp them out. Upon respawning elsewhere in the simulation, they heard the woman’s coo in their mind.

 

Delta watched the crowds flee as she doubled in height. She sighed, pleased, then took another destructive and satisfying step within her domain.

 

Fin