- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I'm a 1st time author so I'll probably make some mistakes.   Be Gentle, PLEASE!!!

I don't know how short I'm going to make hi or how many chapters I'll write.  I might even scrap it and start something new.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I have no idea where this is going to go or how many chapters it'll go.

I couldn't wait for 5:00 to roll around.  It was a 3 day weekend and Nicole, my girlfriend and I were going to hang out this  weekend, doing whatever comes up.  No plans, just wing it.

 

Around 3:00, I texted Nicole to see how she was doing.  A few minutes later, she sends me a text saying she's upset.  "I got a flat tire and my radiator is leaking amd my hard drive crashed" she texted  "Today is ONE CRAPPY day!'  

 

I texted her back saying "Just chill out.  Everything will work out".  

"I hope so, Rob.  I have a report I have to give to my boss next week.  I'm going to have to work on it this weekend."  

 

"It'll be fine.  I'll help you anyway I can, honey."

 

"I'm SOO sorry, Rob.  Lokk I'll be at your place by 6:00 so I can start working on this so maybe I can salvage some of the weekend." 

 

5 o'clock finally comes around and I head to my car.  When I went to put the key in the lock, I felt a tingling densation.  Not  a big electric shock, but there was electricity there.   Hmmm, strange I thought.  I shrugged it off sand drove home.  Om the way jome,  I had to adjust the rear view mirror down a little.  I must haver knocked it when I got out this morning.  When I got home, Nicole was qorking on her laptop.  I also noticed she was smoking a cigarette.  There wer 4 butts in the ashtray.

 

She looked up at me and said "after today, I needed. to smoke."

 

I waved her apology off as smoke doesn't bother me.  I go to the cabinet and reacg for the salad bowl.  I could barely reach it...That's weird.  I never had problems reaching that before.

 

Nicole looked at me and asked if I was happy with my tailor.  I said "I guess so.  Why?"

 

She giggled and pointed out my cuffs were touching the floor.  I looked at them and they were indeed dragging a little.

 

She put out her cigarette and stood up.  She looked at me strangely.  "Rob, how tall did you say you were?"

 

"6'1.  Why?"

 

You can't be over 6 feet tall.  You seem....I don't know...shorter."

 

I looked at her and she did seem taller to my perspective.   5'7.  I know she's 5'5, right?

 

I asked her how tall she is.  "5'5", was her answer.

 

OK...something weird is happening.

 

I went to the garage and got my tape measure.

 

"Can I measue you, Nicole?"

 

"OK" she said, lighting another cigarette.  She went to the wall and I made a pencil mark at the top of her head.  I measured and sure enough she was 5'5.

 

I gave her the tape measure and asked if she could measure me.  She marked the wall amd I measured it.  I was just under 70 1/2 inches tall!

Chapter End Notes:

Whew!  I hope it get easier to write.  I have an idea how I want this to go, but I don't know if this is the way I wnt to go. Tell me wat y'all think.