- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the only re-uplaod from my old account, new one will be out soon!

The stars lit up the sky, a canvas displaying the beauties of the night. Alban was not paying close attention to the stars tonight though; he was watching another beauty as she lay herself down, stretching out in an open field, her head lying on a large hill. He had always admired her, never ceasing to love her since they had professed their love to each other years ago. If he admitted it, he had loved her before then too, though he had been a bit of a jerk to her. Now, he realized he’d been nothing but a fool who was afraid of something different than himself. Valerie had been the best wife any man could ask for, and Alban wouldn’t change a single part of their past together. All the ups and downs, the fights, the struggles, and the joys were all a part of their story.

Once she was settled, she set her hand down with her palm up, but Alban ignored it, climbing up her side using her dress, and he sat atop her breasts, looking her in the eyes. Valerie looked down towards him, her face being the size of a house to him. It used to intimidate him, but now he knew it just meant there was more of her for him to love.

“My queen, your beauty has never ceased over all these years. You’ve aged like a fine wine while I have become worse for wear.” Valerie smiled, bringing her hand closer as she stroked his hair with her fingertip.

“You’re as handsome as ever my king. Perhaps more so than when we were married.” 

“No, I’ve lost those dashing good looks. I’m no longer that adventure-seeking prince who swept you off your feet.”

“I’m afraid I was the one sweeping you off your feet.”

Alban chuckled, leaning back. “Well yes, you were. You know what I mean though.”

“Yes, Alban, of course I do. I wasn’t sure about you when you ran off after rescuing me. But I knew you were special when that young man who came looking for me died in hopes of rescuing you. Even though you had treated me poorly, I felt drawn to you. For a man to give up his life for another is honorable.”

Alban sighed, remembering how his young squire Shardon, who had accompanied him on that fateful adventure long ago, had died while searching for Valerie, to get her aid in rescuing him. 

“I’ll never forget what he did for us. Not just to rescue me, but to bring us together ultimately.” He smiled as he pulled a small book out of his pocket and began to write in it. Valerie looked at him curiously as he scribbled.

“What’s that?”

“This? A journal for our travels. I’ve been writing since we left Rismark.” 

“Oh Alban really? What for?”

“Well. I figured this may be one of the few times you and I will ever adventure together, what with our duty back home. So, I wanted to capture our moments together.” Valerie smiled, laying her head back as he continued to write.

“Will you read it to me?”

“Hmm?” He said, looking up from his book. 

“Read to me about our adventures.” Alban grinned, flipping back to the beginning. 

“Alright then. Day one.”

*

It is the fourteenth day of the month of May. Valerie and Alban left that morning, saying their goodbyes to Belena, Sylvie, and Valdan. Valerie and Belena spent the most time together before heading off, the two women having been the closest. Alban was proud to see his children taking up the role of leadership, knowing that they would make fine rulers when Valerie and himself stepped down. He didn’t know when they would, but with age catching up to him he figured it would not be long before he and his wife could leave the throne and live together happily apart from the kingdom. Alban didn’t regret being king, or being a father. Though having to rule Rismark while also fathering three children, two of whom were over 150 feet tall, was never an easy task. It took a heavy toll on him physically, and he was glad to have some rest and time with Valerie. He couldn’t remember the last time they got to be together like this since Belena was born.

Once they had bid their children farewell, they set off for the woods surrounding the castle. It would take them a day or two to exit the giant lands, as they stretched further north than in any other direction. Beyond that would be the human lands, the longest stretch of the journey before they found the mountains where the rumors were leading them. While the journey would be long, the couple had packed well and Valerie could make quick time compared to what a human could do, even on a horse. Thankfully they’d be safe at night too, for only a fool would try attacking a giantess in her sleep. Of course Alban would be there to defend her too, but most likely she wouldn’t need it. She always did appreciate his attempts though. Alban could hold his own against human attackers, which would be rare, but when it came to larger creatures he would be out of his element. As Valerie traversed the thick forest, Alban recalled one of the first days the two had together. They had sought out shelter and an ogre had attacked while Alban was awake alone. Thankfully, it wasn’t for long before Valerie awoke too and made short work of the monster. He remembered fearing that power before, but as he grew closer to her he lost that fear. He only had love for his lovely wife, even to the point where he trusted her wholly despite the risk of accidents. Some of his servants and knights couldn’t see how he gave her that much trust, but he knew they couldn’t understand. He hadn’t for the longest time. It took a sacrifice of his pride and his selfishness, but he accomplished it.

On the other hand, Valerie took a while to get comfortable being in a relationship with him. She was terrified of becoming intimate with him at first, which was understandable as any mistake on her end would end in his death, but she was excellent in her care and gentle nature with him; with everyone as a matter of fact. Valerie managed to balance the strength required to defend her people with the gentleness of caring for people the size of her fingertips. She also successfully raised two daughters to be the same way, for the most part. Belena and Sylvie were not perfect, but through time they would perfect what their mother had given them. Alban treasured that and much more about his giantess wife, and he couldn’t help falling in love with her every day anew.

Eventually, night fell and Valerie rested near a tree as Alban laid himself out on her lap. “Do you think they’ll be alright?” she asked, taking a bite of a giant-sized apple. 

“Valerie, they are your children. Of course they’ll be alright. You’ve raised them well over the years, better than any mother could have.”

“Well, it wasn’t only me. They had an incredible father too.” 

“Oh please, I was practically a toy to them for most of their childhood, you were the better influence on them.” Valerie smiled as she cupped Alban in her hand and brought him to her face. 

“You’re selling yourself short Alban. You were able to connect to Valdan better than I ever could have. You taught Belena and Sylvie how important it was to be gentle with humans. You were stern despite your size difference to them, and I know for a fact that you taught them just as much as I did.” She gave him a small kiss and he blushed.

“Well, when you put it that way I guess you and I have both been good parents.” 

“Exactly. I still worry for them though.”

“Why? There’s nothing that can come against them you haven’t prepared them for.”

“They’re so young though Alban! What if they forget something? What if some great danger does come up that they can’t handle properly?” Alban came closer to the edge of Valerie’s palm and rubbed her cheek with his hand.

“Don’t stress yourself over it Valerie. They will be perfectly alright. They’ve all grown into mature and responsible young adults. They will make fine rulers in our place.” He sat back down in the middle of her palm, and Valerie set him on her lap once more, lying down as she stared into the roof of the forest. 

“What about that Alban? Letting them take our place? Have you given it much thought?”

“Of course. All the time. Why do you ask?”

“Well...if you are right about them; if we return and they’ve managed well without us; I think we ought to abdicate. Pass it onto the three of them.”

“Are you being serious?” Alban made him way along her thigh and up her waist, traveling up to where he could see her face again. 

“Yes Alban. I think we should put some thought into it, as hard as it might be to thrust that upon them. We’re getting older every day, though. Who knows how much time we will have together? I think we should consider it at least.” Alban made it past her stomach and scaled her breasts, stopping for a breath, He could feel her heart beating the closer he got to her neck, and he moved up and down with each breath she took. Alban savored these moments, and the more he thought about her proposal the more he liked it. 

“I think we should. If they do well during our trip.” 

“Do you mean it?” She said looking him in the eyes. 

“Yes. I think you’re absolutely right. It’s something I would have brought up sooner or later anyways.” Valerie smiled, laying her head down again. Alban decided this was as good a spot as any and he lay down atop her breasts, letting her rhythmic breathing put him to sleep.

*

The next morning, Alban found himself alone, next to the giant tree Valerie had rested against. He stood up, stretching as he felt the cool air hit his face. It must have been early, the sun not quite breaking in through the roofed forest. Valerie was out of sight, but he heard noises in the distance. It sounded like water was being splashed about violently, as if in a storm. Alban stretched and followed the sounds, eventually coming to a gigantic lake, to him at least, with Valerie bathing inside. Her clothes were folded at the bank where he stood, her sack hanging from a tree far above his head. She submerged and then came up once more at the shallow end near Alban, smiling at him as she lay in the water, her front half covered in water. “Good morning my love. I figured I’d take a small dip before we set off. Care to join me?” Alban laughed as he watched his wife extend a hand for him. 

“I can swim, you know,” he said as he began to remove his clothes. He felt a chill run down his back as the cold air hit his bare skin, but he ignored it, knowing he would get used to it soon enough. Once his clothes were gone, he stepped into the water, recoiling at the chilling touch, but he dove in, ignoring the cold. He emerged, shivering, and Valerie laughed. 

“Come closer so I can warm you up!” Alban didn’t object as he swam closer to his wife, stopping near her chest, already feeling her body warmth even with the chill of the water surrounding him. She cupped her hand, holding him closer to her breast as he rested his head against her palm. 

“You’re right. This is nicer next to you.” Valerie smiled as Alban lay there in the water, and they merely enjoyed each other’s presence for a while before they decided it was time to move on. Valerie exited first, careful not to jostle her husband with the waves she made. She sat at the bank, letting the air dry her, but Alban dressed quickly despite his clothes getting wet. 

“They’ll dry out later,” he said, shrugging. Valerie followed suit, struggling a bit to get her clothes on, and soon enough they were off. 

Once more Alban rode on her shoulder, his wife making quick time as they traversed the giant woods. By noon, they had cleared over half the distance to the edge of Vandan’s forest, only a day left until they found human lands once again. Valerie ate some bread she had brought and Alban ate small bits of it. As they ate, Alban noticed a shape moving in the trees, and he looked closer to see a giant owl peering down at them. He was scared at first, thinking it was eyeing him as food, but the more he paid attention to it the more he realized it was more curious than anything. Was it trying to figure out what Valerie was, not used to seeing things bigger than itself? Was it curious as to what Alban was? Alban was about to notify Valerie of their watcher, but it seemed like she had noticed it too. “Curious, isn’t it?” he asked.

“It is. I haven’t seen an owl for many centuries. We used to use them as messengers. They were well trained back then.” The owl kept on watching them, never moving as they stared back. 

“Messengers? You mean carrying letters?”

“No, they talked.”

“Talked? Valerie, animals can’t talk.”

“The owls did. Certain species at least.” Alban shook his head, not sure he believed her.

“Why isn’t it asleep?” Alban asked after a short time. “They’re usually nocturnal.”

“Exactly my thoughts.” Once they were done eating, they noticed that the owl was still there, but they decided to leave it and ignore the mystery. Whatever it was, they were sure it wasn’t much to worry about.

 

When evening came, Valerie began to slow down, desiring for rest, but just as she was looking for a place to rest Alban pointed at something in the distance. “Valerie, look! We’ve made it to the human lands!” Indeed, there in the distance only a few miles away was a break in the woods and a vast field. The couple smiled, picking up their pace again, clearing the distance in no time. The giantess stepped out of the woods, the setting sun shining upon the travelers as they emerged. While they had just finished a large portion of the journey, both Valerie and Alban knew there was still a long way to go before they reached the northern mountains.