- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A quick little Naruto-themed short based on some artwork by Scrungee for a contest of his. Check him out at: https://twitter.com/Scrungeesmall and hope you enjoy!


-----------------

A drowsy groan escaped Sakura as her eyes fluttered open, memories of the previous night a blur. With muddled thoughts and a body heavy as lead, she struggled to lift her head and take in her surroundings. This...This wasn't her home. This wasn't her bed. It was a desert. A desolate wasteland. A vista of tan that went on as far as the eye could see.

What the…?


An attack? Some kind of enemy Genjutsu? Had she been kidnapped? Such thoughts assailed the woman as she continued to pick herself up. This desert was…Wait…It wasn’t a desert at all. She frowned, testing the ground with her palms. Much too firm and soft to be sand or rock. In fact, it almost felt like…


“Finally awake? Took you long enough.”


It was a voice. A female’s voice. That much Sakura understood; but it rattled throughout the heavens like roaring thunder. It vibrated across the air, rattling the kunoichi’s bones as her head immediately turned towards the source of such an almighty sound. Once she had, she understood at once where she was. It was no desert.

It was a foot.

Impossible as it was to imagine, this sprawling landscape that went on for seemingly miles on end was just the upper side of a foot. A toe, even. Sakura could see that now. Her senses were coming back into focus and she could make out the massive world surrounding her. The familiar village of Konoha. The neighborhood she knew well. And of course, the blonde titaness whose foot had become her world.

“Temari…? Temari! What’s going on here?! You have to help me! You…” Sakura blinked, context clues falling into place on a delay. Temari being here didn’t make sense. Not unless…“You…You didn’t…”

A damning smirk warmed the gigantic Sand ninja’s face, her eyes brimming with a knowing contempt. It went without saying who had done this to Sakura. For a woman like her, it would’ve been easy to make it happen. But…

Why?” Sakura demanded in a despondent tone. “Why after all we’ve done? What about all your friends? What about Shikamaru?!”

“I don’t have to explain anything to a little Leaf girl.” Temari answered with a shrug. “I don’t have to explain myself to any of you. In fact…”

Leaning back on her palms, Temari watched with an amused glint in her eyes as a mass of movement filled Sakura’s peripheral. A burst of air shockwaved out at her and forced the pink-haired ninja to shield herself. Not from any kind of Jutsu or attack, but from Temari moving. From lifting her other foot and presenting its vast, unending sole to the mite atop her toe.

“...I think you have bigger problems to worry about.”

Sakura was left in awe of the massive foot above her. It went on and on for what seemed like the length of a whole village. Tan and plush, but with a distinct weathered edge that hinted at the life on her feet Temari led. The slightest wrinkles and indents in her foot were incredible ridges and hills for one as little as Sakura. For a woman who had battled against tyrannical ninja, monstrous abominations, and even demigods, this was the most she had ever been humbled. Temari’s foot was a living mountain that dominated the heavens; and further past that, much, much further past that, the giant regarded it all with a smug smirk. 

Questions plagued Sakura. Confusion addled her. Fear crippled her. But all of it didn’t matter as Temari’s sole began its descent. Countless tonnes of tanned skin poised to turn her into a smear, and something in Temari’s domineering expression said she was deathly serious. So Sakura ran. She found the strength to rise to her legs, she turned, and she ran. As fast as she possibly could. Faster. She pushed herself back her limits fueled by an instinctual, primal fear for her life. Even if deep down she knew her efforts were less than worthless. She was too small, and Temari too powerful. Trying to run was trying to deny reality. A pitiful act that only served to amuse the giant. 

Really?” Temari let out a thunderous, arrogant chuckle. “Running? And here I thought you were the smart one. Oh well.”

In a blur of movement that seemed too fast for something so big, her foot came down. For all her desperation, Sakura hadn’t even traveled an inch along Temari’s toe. The blonde’s bare sole overwhelmed her in an instant. It forced her against the ground, overpowered her, crushed the air out of her, and at last, with a bemused grunt, Temari twisted her foot and felt the satisfying pop that said it was done. 

“One down.” She laughed. “Time to check on the others.”