- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I must say, Ive had a great time working on this story and I myself can't believe how well I developed this plotline which originally I wasnt sure if I could make it as effective as planned but it's been very nice to hear everyone's positive comments on the story so far. This finale may seem like an abrupt conclusion but I feel it's long and deep enough to tie up all the loose story lines, but please feel free to comment on that yourself. Thanks again to everyone who read this story and maybe, just MAYBE, I'll put out sequel to this.
"My little friend"

by Sonicfan287

Chapter 20: My little finale


"Wake up sleepy head..." I heard a female voice, nagging at me as I attempted to sleep. I roll over lazily and say "5 more minutes..."

"C'mon... wakey wakey..." I heard Kim speaking in her childish voice again. I groaned and turned away.

"Don't make me pick you up, little Bobby" Kim said, in a teasing voice.

"You wouldn't..." I mumbled, now rolling onto my back with my eyes barely open.

"Oh really?" Kim smiled and firmly gripped me in her hand, lifting me off the table. I gasped and looked down, letting out a yelp.

"Okay, I'm awake!!" I gasped.

"Good" Kim chuckled, "Sorry, got to savor this, don't know how much longer you'll be this size..."

"Hopefully, not long" I sighed.

"Oh c'mon, you've enjoyed it somewhat" Kim said, "and I know you enjoyed getting to go between my boobs"

I blushed a little and sighed.

"Yeah thats what I thought" Kim smirked, and carried me past her kitchen, through her front door and into her car, where she set me down on the cup holder. I fidgeted a little to make myself comfortable in the small rubber grooves of the cup holder rim.

She started up the car and said "next stop, Jen's house!"

She seemed quite perky and excited this morning, as if this adventure was the highlight of her week... and well, I guess there wouldn't be too many more opportunities to try this again... thank god.

It was kinda odd though, I thought to myself as I looked over at Kim's profile from where I was sitting, then back towards the hulking dashboard in front of me. It was odd that despite my horrible experiences being 3 inches high, I had actually reunited with my ex in a way I hadn't thought would ever be possible, and weirder that the girl I thought I had feelings for for all this time may have been tricking me the whole time. I still wanted to give Jen the benefit of the doubt though, since my cell phone had been unusable for the time being. Perhaps she had tried to keep in contact with me, but honestly, it was hard to predict anything at this point.

"Hey" Kim said. I looked up at her. "I'm sorry about your cell phone... as soon as this is all over, I'll get you a new one"

"Sure..." I said, and then sort of drifted off again, before I decided to change the topic, "but Kim... what if this isn't over? What if I'm stuck like this?"

"Well like I said..." Kim said, taking a left turn. I was sort of jolted to the side when she did, but she kept speaking, "if that's the case, I'll leave it up to you... I mean, I'd gladly take care of you, but in all honesty, we'd probably have to tell your parents, so at least your family wouldn't worry too much about you..."

I sighed and said, "Yeah... I really wouldn't want my family seeing me this way". I then frowned as I looked down at the inside of the cup holder.

"Bobby, it'll be alright" Kim said, but I could tell by the way she said it that even she wasn't certain of that fact. I looked up at her again and forced a smile, but as sure as I knew she wasn't looking my way, I resumed my uncertain frown.

After several more moments of silence, Kim slowed the car and I looked up but still couldn't see much from my position, just the overcast sky and what looked like the top of a house... Jen's house, I was assuming.

"Are...we here?" I asked and bit my lip as I looked up at Kim.

"Yep" Kim sighed and sounded nervous herself, "so... uh... good luck"

"What do you mean, you're not coming with me?" I asked nervously.

"Heh I don't think that would work too well, Bobby" Kim said, "me going up to their house and ringing the bell... what am I gonna say to her parents, 'Hi I have a little guy for your daughter'"

I forced a laugh.

"I see what you mean" I said.

"I will walk you up there though" Kim said, unbuckling her seatbelt and setting her hand down next to me. I struggled to climb on, but finally did. She lifted me gently from the cup holder and took me out of the car.

I gulped nervously as Kim took her first steps towards Jen's door. Behind that door awaited all the answers I'd ever need, including how my life would turn out.

"Kim..." I said, getting more nervous by the second.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything, seriously" I said and gave her a half smile as she set me down on Jen's front porch. There was enough of a space between the bottom of the front door and the ground for me to slide under.

"No problem" Kim whispered, kneeling below the windows so she couldn't be spotted, before she stood up again and said, "good luck, call me if you need anything"

"Will do" I said, and gave her a thumbs up. As soon as she left, my mind filled with anxiety and panic. I looked back towards Kim who was retreating to her car, and then back at the door which stood before me like a skyscraper. I remain frozen for several moments before I finally force myself forward, all the while wondering if I even wanted to do this.

If it wasn't for me forcibly falling into Kim's hands, I might've never found out this unfortunate truth, but then what wouldve happened to me? Would Sarah have just kept me as her plaything forever? Jen obviously had no intention of bringing me back to my normal size... at least as far as I knew.

I get down on my hands and knees and eventually onto my stomach. I slide under the door and then force myself to get up quickly as I heard footsteps coming. I throw my back against the wall that juts out just past the door and sidle along it, until I'm shielded behind a coat rack. I peek around the coat rack as if I'm a secret agent and see a woman with tall lanky legs and a skinny torso. It wasn't Jen but my guess was it was her mother who walks out the door.

I run out from behind the coat rack and down the hallway which seems to stretch for a long distance. Then I hear more thunderous footsteps and panic. There was nowhere to hide in this hallway!

I notice I'm right by a threshold to another room, so I throw myself against the wall again, completely exposed, but most people wouldn't think to look against a wall for a tiny person to be there.

I gasp and nearly close my eyes as a giant sneaker hits the rug just a few feet away from me. The rug makes a squishy thud with each footstep. I look up and see her ... Jen!

"Jen!" I said, in a loud whisper. She doesn't turn around, so I shout it out, "JEN!!"

My heart rate speeds up as I realize she's getting away and couldn't hear me. She was so much bigger than me now, it was still weird to think that just a day ago, I held her in my hands.

"JEN!!" I scream, beginning to feel as if this was hopeless. I was nothing but a bug to her now... she couldn't hear me, couldn't see me and I was running out of energy. I had to sprint just to keep within a few feet of her massive body. "JEN, PLEASE....COME BACK!!"

I fall onto my knees and sigh. I notice she's slowed down to open a door. I gasp and pick up a second burst of energy to run after her.

"Jen! Wait!!" I screamed as she began closing the door behind me. I jumped quickly to avoid being squished in the door and rolled onto the ground and was stopped by something soft ... some clothing in the corner.

I looked up and around to see that I was in a fairly small room with a few dressers but not much more. There's a 19" TV perched up on a rack along with some trophies and picture frames. Some of the pictures are hard to see from where I am, but I do catch a glimpse of one, of Jen with her mom when she younger. I can't tell what the trophies are, but that didn't seem relevant to me at this time, so I pulled myself up and watched Jen sit down on a computer chair. On the dresser was a laptop that she was using. I had to find a way to get her attention... but how?

I walk until I'm just under the computer chair, but that wouldn't do me any good. Just the legs of the chair came up to my waist and I became paranoid that she would move the chair and inadvertedly kill me, so I hastily retreated again, trying to think of a new plan. The desk was way too steep for me to climb but I did spot a dangling blue wire that stretched from the back of the laptop to the floor. Unfortunately, it looked about as stable as a bungee cord, but I didn't have much choice.

I sighed and tried to calm myself down as I grabbed hold of the dangling wire, which had some thickness to it, but probaly not enough to hold my weight. I tug on it a couple times to make sure I won't fall for sure, before I prop myself up against the side of the desk and begin to climb.

I struggle for a while until I get acclimated to the height and the fact that the wires actually have some grip to them.

As I'm climbing however, I hear a slight creaking noise and look up to see that the wire is pulling out from the back of the lap top. I cringe and finally decide to try shouting.

"JEN, HELP ME!!"

"Huh?" Jen said, suddenly looking up from the screen of the laptop.

"JEN, HELP ME!! IT'S BOBBY!!" I screamed, still desperately trying to climb upwards, but then the cord disconnected from the back of the laptop, sending me downward.

I closed my eyes as I felt myself falling several feet but then I was suddenly halted by a soft mat below me. I open my eyes, startled, to see that I was sitting atop Jen's hand. I give her a nervous smile.

"Uh hi" I said, and waved to her.

"Bobby?" Jen said, her eyes wide with surprise as she brought me up to her dresser and set me down next to the laptop, which rose above me like a massive movie theater screen. "How..."

"Don't start asking ME questions" I said, getting up. I suddenly didn't care how nervous I was, I wanted answers and I wanted them now! "I should be asking you a few of my own..."

"Bobby, I can explain" Jen said and bent forward some. I backed away, just because I was still spooked by the sheer size of people.

"Well?" I said, giving her a glare.

"Bobby... I..."

"Yeah?"

"I'm... sorry" Jen said and hooded her eyes down, as her mouth transformed into a bitter frown. It was almost as if she never expected this encounter.

"Jen..." I sighed, "what the hell is going on?"

Jen bit her lip, her eyes still wide open and slightly shiny as they filled with tears. She kept her eyes fixated on me, with her lower lip quivering, as if I was supposed to pity her.

"Enough of the games, Jen, just tell me!" I said, my face now scowling her as I glared into her massive eyes which were deep with regret.

"Bobby... it's complicated" Jen said, breathing heavily as she spoke. When she blinked her eyes, I noticed a small tear escaping from them. "I... never should've gotten you involved with this..."

"It's too late to look back now" I said, walking forward now. "So... let me guess... you're not... really a fairy, are you?"

Jen closed her eyes and glanced down towards the ground, nodding her head "no".

"Then why the hell did you tell me you were?" I asked.

"Because" Jen said, her speech forced as she fought back more tears, "I couldn't tell you the truth, I've never told ANYONE the truth..."

"Well I think you at least owe me THAT, Jen... I mean, LOOK at me!" I shouted.

"I know I know... I'm so sorry" Jen said and cupped her hands over her face, so I wouldn't see her outpour of tears. Finally she composed herself once more. "Bobby... the truth is... I was shrunk... in 2006..."

"I figured that out by the news story" I replied, "but...how?"

Jen sighed and continued looking down at me.

"Well... HOW DID IT HAPPEN?" I asked finally.

"Ok ok, fine... I'll tell you... just please... give me a second" Jen said and sniffed back her tears. "Okay... it was 3 years ago, and I was dating this guy... named Andy..."

I looked down and frowned when she said that.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, fine, keep goin" I said.

"Anyway, I was dating Andy... and well... he was kind of a controlling guy..." Jen explained, "and after a while, I just had to break it off..."

"Ok..." I said, following her to this point.

"Unfortunately, Andy didn't take it too well..." Jen sighed, as a tear made its way down her soft cheek.

"Wh-What happened?" I asked.

"Well it was one night, at Avery Point..."

"So you really DID go to Avery Point..." I said, trying to determine if any of her story was ever true.

"Yeah... it was my first year there, and Andy was one of the only people who ever showed me any kind of affection... but.. I just didn't want to be his girlfriend anymore..." Jen said, "so we were friends for a little while after that when we were hanging out one night at the Branford House..."

"And then what?" I asked.

"Andy told me... to stand on a certain spot... he told me to stand in a certain corner..." Jen explained, "I thought it was weird, but he said he just wanted to show me something... so I stood there and then he started reciting something..."

"What?"

"Some... some kind of spell..." Jen explained, "He kept chanting something and I remember at that point thinking he was insane... but I couldn't stop him... he just kept chanting and I couldn't move... and... and..."

"And?"

"And I started shrinking..." Jen continued, "I got smaller and smaller, and I cried out to him, 'stop! please stop' but he wouldn't listen... and finally... I stopped shrinking, but I was only... 3 inches high..."

"Oh..." I sighed, feeling bad for her, assuming that story was true.

"But before he left, I begged him to change me back, I told him I'd do whatever he wanted, but he still wouldn't listen" Jen continued, "then he said something that stayed with me for a while, he told me the only way the spell could be broken was if I found someone else... willing to take the hex for me..."

"And... that's why you shrunk me...?" I asked.

"Please don't say it like that..." Jen sighed, "I didn't SHRINK you, it just... it just..."

"From where I'm standing, I'm looking pretty small..." I remarked.

"Please stop!" Jen cried, "don't compare me to that monster!"

"But if that was the truth... why didn't you just tell me in the beginning?" I asked.

"Because... I didn't want you to get involved at all..." Jen said, "do you think you were the first person to find me? Others have seen me, walking in the grass, hiding in the Branford House, I always make something up, say I'm a fairy, a spritekin, sometimes I even tell people theyre hallucinating and I'm not really there... but for some reason, you actually cared... you actually wanted to get to know me... and well, I hadn't felt like that for a long time..."

"But if you had told me the truth, Jen, I would've helped you..." I said, "I would've helped you get to normal size again... if you hadn't lied to me..."

"But Bobby, there IS no other way" Jen cried, "This was the only way to break the curse... and I didn't even want you to, but you insisted and I..."

"I wouldn't have INSISTED if I knew the whole story..." I shouted, and then got nervous before I asked, "am I... gonna be this size forever?"

"Um... well..." Jen said, looking down at me nervously, "technically... no... the spell can be broken for you too... but..."

"But?"

"But you'd have to do what I did..." Jen said.

"So you mean, we'd have to switch back?" I asked.

"Right..." Jen sighed.

"And you... won't..." I said, feeling any spirit I might have had leave me. I sighed and sat down on the desk now, looking up into Jen's eyes... the eyes I once dreamt of in my mind, but at that moment they didn't look like the eyes I had fallen in love with.

"Bobby... I..." Jen said, her voice once again breaking. "...this isn't easy for me..."

"So you were gonna let me stay this size... forever..." I sighed.

"No, I swear... I was going to tell you about this in a couple days... I just... I haven't seen my family since the whole thing happened" Jen said.

"Why didn't you ask your family for help? When this first happened, why didn't you call them and ask them for help?" I asked.

"I was too ashamed!!" she cried, "I didn't tell anyone, I just wanted to hide away forever and for a while I did... living off just scraps of food and running from bigger people... I never thought I'd even have an opportunity to be this size again... surely Bobby, you must know what it feels like to get something you really wanted for so long..."

"No..." I sighed, "I WOULDN'T know that feeling..."

"Bobby..." Jen said, her voice shifting towards a warmer tone as she looked me over and set her hand down near me. I back away and look up at her with skepticism in my eye. "... I promise I'll take care of you, no matter..."

"NO!! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" I found myself shouting. I didn't even mean to, but it just slipped out, so I kept going, "I DON'T WANT TO BE TAKEN CARE OF, I WANT MY OLD LIFE BACK! I'M SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, I REALLY AM, BUT HOW IS THIS FAIR TO ME? I HAVE TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE LIKE THIS... BECAUSE OF YOU...?"

"Bobby, I'm sorry" Jen sighed.

"Whatever" I said and turned my back to her and then fell to my knees, crying as well, my tears falling like raindrops onto her desk.

"Bobby?" Jen asked.

"Leave me alone" I sighed and flopped onto the desk.

I realized that using her logic, I COULD return to normal size by asking Kim to give up her height for me, but I could never do that... I wouldn't... not after all we'd been through.

Just then, Jen and I heard a loud scream and a thud. I got up suddenly and looked over at Jen who looked aghast.

"Wh-whats going on?" I asked, looking Jen in the eye as she looked back at me.

"We gotta get out of here" Jen said, suddenly panicked.

"wh-why?" I asked.

"No time to explain" Jen said, and scooped me into her hands. "Let's go"

Jen started to walk and then the doorknob to her room began jostling. The door flew open and Jen, in a panic move set me up on top of the TV rack, from which I could see everything.

A black haired male stormed into the room wearing a red sweatshirt and black shorts. He glared at Jen who also glared back.

"Andy... what'd you do to my parents?!" she shouted.

"They'll be fine... but you... not so much" Andy said with an evil smile. I glared down at him as well, not that it would do Jen much good. I wished there was something I could do.

Jen tried to dart around Andy, who was blocking the way out, but he forcibly threw her onto the bed. Now that was just wrong. I narrowed my eyes at him, desperately trying to think of something.

"Well, I'll be damned, Jenny" he said, "You actually found a way around my 'little' spell"

"Andy, this isn't funny!" Jen said and took a slap at him. He clenched her wrist and threw it back.

"Don't test me, Jenny" he said, his tone of voice more sinister than before, "I thought for sure you'd stay that size forever, but somehow you found a dork stupid enough to switch sizes with you... I must say I'm impressed"

"He's not a dork!" Jen yelled, "he's a better person than you'll ever be!"

"I doubt that" Andy smirked, "for one thing, I'm the best you've ever had... and the best there'll ever be...you had a chance to be my girlfriend, but you blew it"

"Noone wants to be with an asshole like you, Andy!" Jen screamed, still trying to slink away from him, but he kept in front of her to block her escape at all times.

I could do nothing but watch helplessly, rooting for Jen to somehow defend herself but it wasn't looking good.

"Well no matter" Andy smiled, "you won't be so lucky this time"

Jen glared at him and suddenly bursted off into a sprint, scampering around him and heading for the door.

"I don't think so!" Andy smiled and then began the ominous chanting, "melanki... sohorti... menangi..."

"No..." Jen screamed, and her voice trailed off into a faint whisper. She suddenly froze in mid stride and Andy walked closer to assure his spell took effect.

"That's it" I thought to myself, watching Andy move closer to my location and closer to Jen who stood in frozen helplessness as Andy chanted his spell. I then noticed her starting to shrink. I couldn't let my sacrifice be in vain. I wouldn't let her get shrunk this time.

I throw myself against the back of the TV on the rack and push against it as hard as I can but it's barely budging. Jen, in the meantime was still sobbing hopelessly as she dwindled in size. I continue to push my strength into the massive block that was the TV set, knowing all I had to do was get it over the edge of the rack, just a little bit to get it to fall.

"C'mon..." I muttered to myself, keeping one eye on Jen who was rapidly shrinking now, down to 2 feet tall. I finally feel the TV begin to gain momentum and with one mighty shove, I feel gravity take effect.

"...molati..." Andy continued, but suddenly he was halted in his tracks. The TV falls just inches from his head, but instead lands on his foot causing him to scream out in pain.

Luckily, because the incantation was interuppted, Jen is no longer paralyzed and even though she stands at only 2 feet tall, she's able to shove him against the door. He tumbles onto the floor and Jen begins to slowly grow back to normal. Luckily the spell hadn't become permanent.

Now with the advantage, Jen repeatedly kicks the fallen Andy in the side of the head as he screams out in pain. To be sure he was unconscious, she also slams the door against his skull many times. I cringed with each loud sound, but also savored the moment. It was nice to see the asshole get what was coming to him. Jen hastily reached for the phone and dialed 911.

I sighed with relief, and out of breath and distraught, found myself collapsing against the wall.

Hours later, I awoke to hear the sound of retreating sirens and commotion coming from another room. Finally the door opened again and Jen looked at me with a sweet look in her eyes.

"Wh-What happened?" I said, standing up as my memories quickly rushed back to me.

"Bobby..." Jen said, with a slight smile as she picked me up gently from the shelf and set me back down on her desk. "...you might be the sweetest guy...ever..."

"What?" I asked, certainly not expecting that.

"You risked yourself to save me..." Jen said, her smile slowly growing wider as she spoke, "you could've just stood there and let him shrink me... but you didn't"

"well..." I said, "I wanted you to be happy... that's all I've ever wanted ... that's why I did this for you..."

"I know" Jen said, still smiling. "And..."

"And...?"

"I want you to be happy too..." Jen sighed and put her hand on the table. "Please... let me make this right"

"Huh?" I asked.

"Step onto my hand" Jen said, "I promise I won't hurt you"

I stepped onto her hand.

She raised me up slowly, until I was face to face with her, and then she slowly pressed her warm lips against my body, until she released me with a slight 'smack' noise. I fell backwards and smiled.

"Thank you... so much" Jen said, "I... I love you, Bobby"

"I... I.. love you, Jen" I said, chuckling nervously. No matter what size, these kind of things made me nervous.

"And because I love you..." Jen said and set me down on the ground, "Im gonna do what I should've done all along..."

"huh?"

"Just close your eyes, Bobby..." Jen said, "close your eyes and think deeply..."

"Wh-Why? What's going on?" I asked.

"Don't you get it, silly?" Jen asked, "I'm returning you to normal size... you don't deserve to be tiny... but I do... after everything I did to you..."

"But Jen, what about you?" I asked.

"I'll be small again..." Jen said, "but I can deal with that, I'd rather have you as a friend"

"Just a friend?" I asked nervously.

"Well, that part's up to you, Bobby" Jen replied, and winked at me.


"O-Okay... I'll do it" I sighed and closed my eyes. The weird thing was, I did want to return to normal, but I couldn't help but feel awful about shrinking Jen again.

"Okay, here goes nothing" Jen said and gulped before closing her eyes. I waited and waited but felt nothing for some time.
"Bobby... let go of your doubt... I'm okay with this... really... just wish for it... like you did before..."

I sighed heavily and decided to do as she said. I open my eyes to realize I'm growing again, but I didn't feel as ecstatic as I thought.

Within moments I'm standing face to face with Jen, but I knew it wouldn't be more than several seconds before she shrunk back down to 'fairy' size.

"Bobby, I..."

I grabbed her in my arms and pulled her close before I opened my mouth and locked lips with her for several seconds. She backed away from me with a smile, but then that smile faded as she found herself shrinking again... getting smaller and smaller still until she returned to fairy size.

"Jen, I'm so sorry" I sighed.

"No, it's fine..." Jen sighed and hung her arms and face in shame. "I deserved it..., I guess I'll go tell my parents that their daughter is..."

"Wait..." I said, suddenly being struck with an idea.

"What?"

"You love me, right?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah..."

"And I love you..." I said, "so... I'm willing to do whatever I have to, for you..."

"SO...what are you trying to say?" Jen asked.

"I'm just saying..." I said, "you shouldn't have to go through this alone..."

"You have an idea, don't you?" Jen smiled.

"You better believe it" I said and nodded my head.


-------Several days later

It was just another day for me at Avery Point, in the student center... well okay maybe not... some things HAD changed in the time gone by. Jen was now a registered student at Avery Point and was friends with John and Sarah and as for me, well... I was up to my usual...

"Yeah, okay, I guess I could do that..." I said, talking on my newwest cell phone. "Well, hold on, can I call you back? Yep, see you later Kim"

I sighed and hung up my cell phone, then looked up in disgust.

"Jen?" I asked and she finally stopped walking long enough to pull me out of her pocket.

"What's wrong, Bobby?" she asked.

"Well I just thought TODAY was MY day to be normal sized..." I answered.

"Well normally it would be," Jen replied, "but I have a job interview, and certainly we can't have me going in a barbie suit"

"Fine" I said and crossed my arms.

"Oh relax, honey" Jen said, "Look at it this way, I'll just give you my Sunday in return and then you have have me small and to yourself all weekend"

"Okay okay" I sighed. She always had a way to get to me, it seemed. She then hid me in her pocket again as John walked by.

"Hey, Jen, have you seen Bobby?" John asked, as the bustling student center around them grew louder.

"Nope" Jen smiled.

"That's weird, where could he be?" John asked, and kept walking.

"Who knows?" Jen smirked, "something tells me he's closer than you think..."

After John has departed, I look up at Jen and asked, "so Jen?"

"Yeah?"

"You wanna go out and pick out some tea bags?" I asked.

"It's a date"

THE END