- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Authors notes: Not to much action in this chapter but still enjoy. 

 She floated in the middle of space gazing at the planet that hovered in the middle of the void, the planet that shined with a blue elegance the great Devourer had never before seen and yet was so small that she could destroy it with nothing but a small breath.


 


To this goddess of destruction the marble sized planet was an oddity for multiple reasons, the first where the inhabitants that resembled her to such a degree. The Devour had seen and destroyed many planets over the course of her long life and she had witnessed many alien species but none of those different species had ever resembled her divine form to such a degree as the ones on this tiny planet. The second was the life energy the planet itself  produced. It was of a high quality and it was amazingly pure. 


 


Devour: ["How could such a small planet produce so much life energy"] 


 


The Devourer could feel the waves of energy this tiny planet produce and as the energy radiated throughout her entire being her hunger seemed to grow stronger. 


 


Using her cosmic awareness the cosmic titan could see every microscopic life being lived on the blue planet and to her surprise she saw a species not worth her time, they where a species that possessed such weak technology that they couldn't even leave their solar system. She could destroy this planet, she could crush it any way she saw fit, with any part of her body, and the little microbes wouldn't be able to stop her, they wouldn't even be able to run away. It almost sickened her that such pathetic beings shared her image.


 


Devourer: ["I should destroy such a pitiful race, I should devour them and this planet.] (Licks her lips in anticipation) 


 


The grand consumer grew closer to her prey, her mind completely filled with greed and hunger, this planets energy would fill her with energy for days, it would give her satisfaction that very few planets ever could, these little mites where not worthy of such a treasure and therefor the titanic goddess would relieve them of this prize.


 


The Devourer had every intention of eating the planet whole, as she flew through the cosmos she could feel that she would soon be within the solar system belonging to the little planet. 


 


The Devourers cosmic gaze continued to scan the surface of the blue world, this planet would soon be hers and its inhabitants would soon be an insignificant memory in the universe. These where the thoughts that flooded her mind as her cosmic awareness surged through the planet and as her unrestricted gaze inspected her prize her cosmic eyes spotted something that made her stop her advance through the universal depths.


 


What the Goddess saw was a large green field filled with lush green crops covered in morning dew, and standing in the middle of that green filled was a young boy, who to the eyes of the cosmic god looked barley old eneough to be called a man. The boy had short brown hair, and while managing the field wore no shirt, the only clothes that covered the tiny boys body where raggedy jean shorts that went down to his knees.


 


The Goddess looked at this speck of a boy and as she did she could fill an unknowable feeling appear in her chest. It was the same feeling she felt when she destroyed planet Uzuno, as she looked at the little prince of the now dead king. It was a feeling that she couldn't understand , and as she came ever closer to the planet, her plans began to change. 


 


Devourer: ["Maybe this boy can explain these strange feelings that I have been having.] 


 


The Titans thoughts gave her a sense of hope, that maybe their was still a chance that she could get the answers that she was looking for, and by receiving those answers return to her old immortal self. 


 


This planet would become one with her as so many others had, but for now with a smile on her gigantic face, the Devourer decided that she would spare the little world. She would let it continue its cosmic cycle through the solar system until she had gotten the answers that she was looking for.


 


The Devourer with her plan running through her head could feel the energy weakening throughout her body.


 


Devourer: ["If this planet will survive I will need to find another one to satisfy my appetite.] 


 


The Devourer once again reaches out to the cosmos, she would need to find a planet full of life nourishing energy, and as she searched through stellar void her cosmic gaze discovered a much bigger planet close by, a planet that shines with orange hue.


 


Devourer: (Smiles) "I hunger."

Chapter End Notes:

Author notes: Please support my work on Patreon for early access to new chapters. https://www.patreon.com/DarkMatter1234