- Text Size +

I'm shrunk at the feet of Sarah. Sarah loves to wear boots around the house and I should have remembered that when she asked me to come over to her house to see a new device she made. We were childhood friends and she was always a bit taller and stronger than I was growing up until 2 years ago and then our dynamic still hadn’t changed with her always trying to be domineering. I should have realised sooner that she was going to get the shrink device she always said she would keep me as an insole. I always told her she’d never get anything to make a person smaller.


Once I entered her room she held up a ruby necklace and said “isn’t it beautiful, i bought it online.” I hadn't thought much of it, she always bought jewelry and outfits and would ask me about them. At that moment the necklace called me into it and I looked around the room and I experienced vertigo for the first time. She knelt down to my height and grinned triumphantly, “it worked.” She carried me around her room showing her dominance over me. After she got bored and put me on the desk and rummaged in her massive jewelry box. Pulling out necklaces and pendants, until she pulled out a small orb cage locket. Picking me up without remorse placed me within and wore me around the house until her mother came home.


The front door opens while Sarah is headed down stairs uncaring of my pleads to make me full size. I'm unsure if she can hear me from here but I can hear the outside world perfectly. Her mother, Jenny, walks in and talks to Sarah about how her day was and neither of them acknowledged me. Her mother was also an Etsy jewelry billboard for bohemian fashion. Anytime I would have seen Sarah and her mom together they would be talking about what they found at the thrift store. Today felt different, I can't tell if it's since I'm so small or that her mom seems off. They both walked to the kitchen in silence before making dinner until Jenny said, “My boots are killing me and I just got them, Sarah, you buy these pleather knee highs often, what do you recommend?” That's when Sarah grabbed the locket I was trapped in and told her mom that she had a certain fix for those. She asks her mom to take them off and that in her room she has an item to fix it. Her mother seems to look straight at me, “Perfect,” taking the shoes off and Sarah almost skips upstairs. Opening the locket and pulling me out she, holding back laughter, says that I should enjoy this since I always look at her legs when she's wearing boots. When she's holding me above the right shoe entrance to my new cage she says, “Mom almost never changes boots for a week after getting new ones, not even when she sleeps. Good luck.” 


Falling to the ground I find the floor comfortable and no major indents. These really are new boots, they even have that new shoe smell. My cave begins moving when Sarah says,” Mom I put in some insoles. Enjoy.” Her mother was saying thanks and how she's probably going to use these 4 inch platform heel boots for her run and then probably sleep after a light dinner. She spared no space in her shoes, they barely fit her foot and I was crushed flat against the arch of her foot somehow still alive for the entirety of the run. I assume she collapsed on her bed as she stopped moving for 10 minutes in an uncomfortable position. The sweat, pressure and humidity of being here was starting to get to me. This would be uncomfortable if Sarah was right about her mom breaking new boots over the week. Thinking back to when I was normal sized, her mom would always wear the same pair of shoes for seemingly long times, but I never thought it would continue while she slept.


The week went by uncomfortable with Jenny's routine being waking up, getting ready for work, putting on and taking off her clothes with the boots still on, leaving early in the morning to her office job where she would tap her feet constantly keeping me awake. Going to some stores then getting home at a late hour with Sarah always being home asking her mom about how comfortable the boots are. She would say the right is more comfortable than the left, especially around my arch stepping on me harder. On the 7th day of being under Jenny's unsocked feet Sarah asked if she could switch boots as she got some new ones. Jenny seemed ecstatic about the idea since Sarah would never bring up the idea. After dinner Jenny took off the boots near the entry door after dinner and asked Sarah to put the boots in Jenny's room since she's feeling sleepy. Sarah came over to the platform heel boots. I was slowly unsticking from the footbed as she reached in and peeled me off the rest and told me “Hope you liked that, now you're going to become the boot now,” walking to her room holding me far away from her face, I could smell her mom's feet stench all over myself. Sarah washed me off and brought me to her room and held up the ruby necklace and twisted the pendant around switching it to an emerald gem, pointing it at me and began chanting what sounded like a lot of shoe types at me as I felt my form change again.


After losing my vision and mobility Sarah held me up to her mirror where she was holding the right pair of a large platform, calf high, Buffalo T-24400. She then put me on the ground and opened a box labeled Buffalo. Pulling out a pair of shoes that looked a lot like me. She threw the right pair under the pile of clothes in her closet and came to pick me up and wished me a happy night and if her mom liked me she would happily give me to her. With the new left pair and I in hand she walked us to her mothers room and left us next to her bed overnight. I had the whole night to contemplate why Sarah would do this, what had I done to deserve this. Thinking back to last month I can faintly remember telling Sarah that anytime I went to her house her mom's shoes were stinking up the place. There's no way she would hold such a grudge over that.


It didn't take long until Jenny woke up and looked around the room to find me and my partner sitting at the foot of the bed. She picked us up and squealed with delight. Luckily she wore wool socks with us this time. I could smell better now and her feet were a putrid smell of sweat since I can't recall her showering for the last week. Getting back into her routine of work, shopping and coming home to Sarah waiting impatiently in the kitchen for Jenny asking her how the boots were and Jenny hugged Sarah energetically and said the boots were wonderful and if Sarah wanted them back. Sarah said “I got them for you since I forgot your birthday last month.” Jenny was delighted to hear that and continued to wear me for the next two weeks every night telling Sarah how happy she was to have them. Sarah didn't acknowledge my existence after that night, giving me to Jenny. To this day I don't think anyone besides Sarah knows that I'm the Right shoe her mom has been wearing almost everyday for the last year and I don't think she ever plans on changing me back or telling anyone.