- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Like with most of my works I'm not really pleased with it, but it seems pretty solid. This was also a commission, paid for by Kamaria.

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Journal of a Stolen One: Kenneth Starr



Sometimes it takes a life changing experience to put a brand new perspective on things; mainly when that experience forces your whole perspective to change. In an instant I had my entire life taken away from me, my status as a human being devalued. I became nothing more than simple entertainment. Those I could count on turned on me, everything just went wrong.

I best put my story out now, writing during what little free time I have. I may never get the chance to finish it, it's hard to say.

My name is Kenneth Starr. I'm...well I was, a high school senior on the verge of graduating. Dark hair, dark brown eyes, semi athletic figure. I used to have a lot going for me, good grades, pretty decent at track, friends and a possible budding relationship with one Susan Winters. Ahh, now Susan was a peach, medium length dark hair, green eyes and a cute nose; slim figured, but long legs, eye catching assets and just the loveliest smile. We got along so well, I really started to believe it was meant to be...I would have never thought she would turn on me too.

But I'll show you that bridge when we get there. The person who did this to me, my best friend, Liara. She was one of those others would consider her completely strange, but I would label her unique. She'd often do her hair in various styles, but this time it was completely red and medium length (she just got over long green hair). She had a number of different color contacts and would mix and match them, she was wearing blue and green ones as she liked the different eye color thing. She had a really cute face and an adorable nose. She was of some Asian, west Indian mix with lovely light skin. She had a peculiar smile that always had mischievousness behind it. She normally wore colorful shirts and skirts, with colorful striped socks and long gloves. Her nails would always be done of some random color and she was rather skinny, but pretty in her own way. She liked to go on and on about being a witch and liked to read a bunch of strange books, usually myth and a bunch of crap about spells.

Of course now I can believe in that stuff, but how could I have possibly known?

The events were sketchy at best. I'm not even sure how it happened. I was just going to study hall, then some bright light hit me. I'm not sure why, but for some reason it felt cliche, even though this is the first time this ever happened. Bright light, blacked out, waking up who knows how long later.

But I digress.

I awoke to the faint stench of leather and stale air. My surroundings were nearly pitch black, save for some scattered light coming from small holes in the walls. Upon standing to my feet, I realized I was barefoot...infact, I didn't seem to be wearing anything but my underwear. Whatever happened must have robbed me of my clothes, or so I thought. I began to wander around my location, feeling the odd surface under my feet; it felt like paperboard, like I was inside some sort of box. I wandered through the darkness and made it to the wall where the scattered lights were coming from; upon placing my hand upon it, I learned it was paperboard as well. I tried peeking through one of the holes, but I couldn't really make any sense of it, it was far too blurry.

I slumped down against the wall with a sigh. Where was I? What happened? How did I get here? Why am I here? How did I go from study hall to this strange place?

Maybe I was abducted by aliens?

Maybe there was a criminal in the study hall and I got kidnapped?

At that point I was being ridiculous. Little did I know I was nowhere close to being as crazy as I am right now, but again I'm getting ahead of myself.

I wasn't sure how much time passed until I heard those loud thumps in the distance. It was as simple as someone walking on carpet, yet it seemed different. Like on a much larger scale. It made me think of those movies with large creatures; hearing those omnius footfalls get closer and closer until it's too late.

But those were just movies...or so I thought.