- Text Size +
  Day 1


I heard a loud scratching on the outside of my dark prison, then some rustling overhead as the ceiling began to break away, and I had to shield my eyes from the light pouring in.

"Oh! You're finally awake!" A familiar voice boomed overhead.

I suddenly felt a strong chill down my spine as I stared upwards and my vision cleared. My mouth opened wide as I stared up at one burning red sun and one deep blue pool; two different eyes.

Liara.

"I was so worried!" She cooed and set the ceiling of my prison aside, bringing her face closer. "Are you alright Kenneth?"

Her face was huge and filled my entire view. I couldn't speak, I couldn't ask what happened, I couldn't move. I was frozen.

"Aw, you've gotta be terrified. I can only imagine what it's like to be looking up at someone at that size."

I gave a quick shake of my head, "Th-that size?!"

She brought a hand to her lips and giggled, "Aw listen to you! With that little squeaky voice of yours! Yes, that size. You poor thing, you don't even realize it do you?"

"Realize WHAT?"

"That you're TINY!"

My fear started to shift to confused anger and I threw my hands up, "What the hell are you talking about, tiny?!"

"Are you dense or what? Look around you? You're in a shoebox! Does that give an idea?"

I was about to yell in response, but I just froze. A shoebox?! It explained the familiarity...the smell, but how could his have happened? Before I could question, my prison started to rise and then tip over as Liara leaned it up onto it's side. I came tumbling out onto a wooden surface before a giant keyboard.

A giant keyboard. This was just a bit much to take in. I slowly stood up and glanced around my surroundings. The scale on everything was just wrong at this size; the nearby glass partially filled with Sierra Mist was big enough for me to take a bath in, Liara's widescreen monitor which was only 19 inches looked like a movie screen to me. The keyboard, the mouse, all of this was wrong!

Trying to look out into the bedroom was even worse. It was like staring out into a painting, but that I'm trapped within it, part of a scenery I could interact with. I didn't realize I was lost in thought until  a massive hand crashed down behind me, causing me to jump and instantly turn around.

"HEY! I'm pretty sure you can hear me down there!"

I looked to her fingers, so long and so impossibly huge. I thought of those large statue of giant hands, for the sake of art. Or maybe something like the statue of liberty. This is how she appeared to me and I just couldn't believe it. I looked ahead at her, looking at the low cut waist of her pants to give playful exposure of her midriff. I stared at her flat stomach, noticing the slightly toned ab muscles behind it, noticing the depth of her golden skin. It's amazing how much more depth there was at this size. I slowly glanced up along the wrinkles of her bright red shirt, past the small curves of her breasts to her face.

Liara held a bright smile, "You look so adorable, I swear. Don't look so scared, I won't hurt you, promise!"

"How did this happen?"

"Hmm?"

"How did I get small? How did I end up here? The last thing I remember was being in study hall."

"I was there to."

I perked up and stood to my feet, "You gotta tell me what happened! If you were there, you must have seen what happened."

She tilted her head, "I don't quite understand it myself. You came in and I called over to you. You were coming toward me but then you started to look sick and you fell over onto the floor. I went over to check on you, but then something weird happened. You began to really shrink! I thought I was dreaming and pinched myself, but I didn't wake up! You were really shrinking! I wasn't sure what to do. So I kept you in my bag until I got home, but you still weren't awake so I dug out an old shoebox and placed you in there for the time being. I had to remove most of your clothes because you were sweating pretty bad, so I took em off."

I blinked a few times and then narrowed my eyes, "Wait wait. Why did you take me here? Why didn't you take me to the nurse? Or the doctor? Or call my parents?!"

"Settle down. If I told the nurse you think she would believe me? She already thinks I'm weird and tell me I'm wasting her time with that nonsense. She'd just think you're some kind of special action figure, since you were out cold. I thought about a doctor, but then they might run all sorts of crazy tests on you and sell you to science."

"....right. And my parents?"

"I told them. They didn't seem to believe me at first until they saw with their own eyes. They suggested I looked after you in the meantime until they get someone who can help you."

"What? Why would they leave me with you?"

"So your siblings don't accidentally hurt you, and your pets don't eat you?"

It all made sense to me, and I trusted her. So at the time it didn't occur to me that she might be lying, after all, why would she? "Alright...that makes sense."

She slowly stooped down to get a better look at me, but quite frankly it was terrifying to see her move. For a small framed, five foot five girl, she may as well had been Godzilla.

"Now then," She whispered, her warm chocolate flavor breath washing over me. It made me squirm a little, getting used to this size would take some time. "I want you to trust me here. I know it's terrifying, but I'll look after you. You do trust me right?"

I gave a small smile and nodded, "You're like my best friend, why wouldn't I trust you?"

Liara giggled and gently patted me on the head with a fingertip, "Good. So let's get you measured."

"Measured?"

"Well yeah. I'm curious to know how tall you are." She grinned and pulled open a desk drawer, rummaging through it for a moment before pulling out a 12 inch ruler. "Here we are. Now lie down on your back, feet together, arms at your sides please."

I carried out her order, instantly laying down like she wanted. My first command, little did I know there would be plenty more where that came from. She placed the ruler beside me while grinning brightly the entire time; she was hesitating on purpose, keeping me in suspense. I think she was just pleased upon seeing my actual size.

"Ten centimeters. You're roughly about four inches. Aren't we a big boy?"

I only gave her a blank stare in response, "I'm sure this is easy for you. I'm the one who went from six feet to four inches."

She continued grinning, still showing her slightly stained whites. It was almost unnerving, seeing teeth big enough to crunch down on you. It caused me to shiver, trying to shake the thought of me being Liara's bite sized snack. I snapped to attention when she placed a fingertip on my chest and began stroking back and forth along my chest and stomach slowly. She saw me shivering, and wanted to calm me down.

"Hey it's alright. I know it's scary, but I'll take good care of you, promise. Hey, you hungry?"

Come to think of it, I was. I hadn't eaten since breakfast. I slowly nodded my head in response.

She giggled and stood straight up; another thing I had to get used to. "Alright, you sit tight and I'll get you something to eat. Stay put, alright?"

I let out an exaggerated sigh once she left and slowly sat up on the desk with my face in my hands. I ran the day over a million times in my head. How the hell could I have shrunk? It was just impossible to comprehend. People don't just shrink, the human body wouldn't be able to handle it. Yet here I am, perfectly fine. Realizing this, I understood even more why I couldn't be taken to a doctor, or a professional that could possibly help me. I'd be a scientific marvel and sold away. But what now? Do I stay this small for the rest of my life? What becomes of everything I worked hard for? My school accomplishments, my social life, even...Susie. I almost wanted to cry, but I fought back the tears. Someway, somehow, I'd get help. Liara would get me through this, I was sure of it.

I tried to entertain myself while waiting for her, and at that size, well it's pretty easy to do. You get fascinated by how different the same old world seems. Even a simple dime, which wasn't even near an inch at my regular size, was like a large dinner plate in both my hands. I was merely killing time, but I did take some interest in exploring things at this size, even if it was just checking things out on Liara's cluttered computer desk.

Sometime later I heard some footsteps bounding into the room. I was busy entertaining myself by using a pencil as a spear before smiling.

"Back already? I thought you'd have more troubling making smaller portions for...me...?" My eyes suddenly went wide as I was face to massive face with someone I wasn't expecting to see.

Massive brown eyes, wide with surprise and interest looked me over. A young playful face with a bright and curious smile loomed over me. It was Sadie, Liara's little sister. She was only ten years old, but even she was utterly terrifying. I think I almost found her frightening than Liara's as she stared at me with that hungry look, the look of a child finding a new toy that she was eager to play with.

"No. Way. Is this real?"

I started to shake with fear once more, clutching the pencil close to me, eager to use it as a weapon. I slowly backed up, keeping my eyes locked on her oversized face. Her long brown hair was matted with sweat and disheveled from playing outside along with her forehead and cheeks were filthy with dirt and sweat. She slowly reached her hand up, grubby little fingers slowly reaching for me. I held up my pencil in response but she quickly pulled it from my hands with two fingers and tossed it aside.

"It IS isn't it?" She leaned in closer, "That's really you Kenn?!"

I swallowed deeply and tried to calm myself down, she's only curious; I convinced myself. I gave a timid little wave and nodded, "H-hi Sadie. Yeah...something weird happened."

Her brown eyes twinkled with excitement, "I'll say, can I...um...hold you?"

"I don't think that's such a good idea, I'm still a bit nervous. I rather not be touched right now."

"Aww, c'mon. I won't hurt you, promise." She started to reach a hand toward me, "Pleeeease?"

I started to back away with my hands up in protest, "Sadie, no! I just want to be left alone. Give me some time!"

She continued to reach for me like before, fingers twitching in excitement. She began to realize that I couldn't do anything to stop her, that I was too small to do anything. When her fingers were ready to close around me, I heard another pair of steps; the sound of flipflops slapping against feet.

"Sadie!" Liara called out, "Leave Kenneth alone!"

Sadie yelped and quickly backed away, whirling around and looking up at her older sister, "Li-Li! I wasn't doin' nuthin', honest!"

Liara groaned and pointed toward the door, "Just get out, leave him alone!"

"Aww, I only wanted to play with him." She hung her head and slowly walked out, but gave me a quick glance while showing me a tightened fist. Looks like she wouldn't give up.

Liara shut the door after her and sighed, pulling up a chair and sitting in front of the desk, settling down a small plate (to her) with tiny cut up pieces of chicken and a little bottle cap filled with water, "Sorry, I thought she was napping. Are you alright?"

If I could, I would have jumped toward Liara and hugged her with all my might, but for now I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm okay I think. I still got chills."

Liara giggled and seized my waist gently with a thumb and forefinger, lifting me up and setting me down on the plate. I quickly ran over to the bits of chicken, starting to stuff my face as I bit away at them like some kind of mouse. She smiled over me, probably pleased with my actions as I ate.

Liara did a good job of making me feel comfortable, constantly saying she'll try her best to find a way to turn me back to normal. Until then she'd take care of me and keep me safe. After dinner we relaxed on her bed and watched a few movies in her room, still talking about my fate and what was to come. Her words relaxed me, soothed me, even sealed the deal as I laid there on her warm stomach and she caressed me with her finger. I knew it must have been akin to being treated like a pet, but I loved it so much. She still seemed to consider me a person, even though I didn't feel like it, and that was good enough for me.

Before I knew it, I drifted off to a deep sleep.