- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I accidentally deleted my story, so I'm putting it back up.
Jeff Watson was not average. He had been born to an average family of course. He grew up in an average neighborhood, grew up with normal people. And he himself was average too. But as a child, he had a dream. He considered himself fortunate when his dream came true. However, these days, he did not consider himself so lucky anymore. The occupation he chose for himself was not boring by any means. Regularly avoiding death rarely was. But he was good at what he did. Changing careers was not much of an option. He was not expendable. They always found a reason to keep him longer.

He was an FBI agent. Well, he originally was one at least. He had dealt with the boring tasks of finding people and so forth. But after a special incident where he found himself involved in a gunfight with foreign drug dealers with only a few policemen on his side, he'd been promoted. He had worked his way into a niche position as one of the few agents in the squad known only as 'Investigative Branch of Unusual Technology'. In this day and age, security was a precious but rare commodity.  
Technology was difficult to keep secret for long, which is why the program he was in opened up. A person with enough money could build just about anything. Finding these people, dismantling the technology, and erasing the existence of the mechanic and machine was his job. But with the ever-increasing variety of technology, it was difficult to keep on top of anything.

A month ago he had barely avoided being reduced to a puddle of liquid after a mafia boss fired an Evaporator Beam at him. A few weeks before that he had to deal with two giantized rats that had belonged to a 14 year old boy who decided to mix the growth formula he found on the internet. It was getting increasingly harder every single time. He was worried that next time might be his last. It was for this reason that he had sent in his resignation. It was for that reason that he stood in the office of his program head, the ever imposing Mr. Smith.

"Listen, Watson. We can't just let you go," Smith implored. "You're the backbone of this squad. Half of us would be dead if not for you and the other half would wish they had been dead."

"But you're not and neither am I," Jeff replied. "And I'd like to keep it that way."

Smith sighed. "Well, you've done your fair share. But for old time's sake, one more mission?"

Jeff stopped at the door. One more mission... "Let's make a deal."

Smith nodded. "Name your terms."

"Once I get done with this mission, you erase my existence from this agency. I don't want to ever hear the name of anybody here again."

Smith hesitated, but finally nodded. "You have a deal.”

“What's the mission?"

Smith plucked a folder from inside his desk and tossed it on his desk in front of Jeff. These days, keeping confidential information on paper had become the only way to keep it safe. Oh, and about a hundred or so armed guards helped too. Jeff sat down and opened the folder. It was a profile for a woman named Monica Quinby. Her picture was featured in the top right corner, it depicted a blonde woman with the sort of look that said 'look, but don't touch'. In fact, it suggested that you might only look if you could do it without her knowing about it.

"So, what? Is the one I'm after or the one I'm rescuing?"

"In fact? Neither," Smith answered. "You will be doing undercover work to discover the source."

"Source?"

"Have you heard of 'Microslavers'?"

"Enlighten me."

"Using anti-growth technologies combined with time anomalizers, they have created a 'slave race' of diminutive people. A very profitable business... but also illegal. They can rapidly produce tiny slaves, but at a rather high price. Given time, however, they could put out a 12-pack of tiny slaves for twenty dollars. We've had people busting them for some time now, heard horrible stories from the rescued slaves... We want it stopped."

"So what, I track down the base and shut them down?"

"The Army could do that, Watson." Smith took the folder back. "We need you to find out where these slaves are coming from."

"And how do I do that?"

"Our intelligence has discovered that 'Monica' here will be purchasing a set of twenty male slaves. We will intercept the slaves... and replace you with one of them."

"Whoa whoa, wait!" Jeff exclaimed. "You intend to shrink me down and send me with some psycho lady to find out where a bunch of tiny people are being produced, does that sound about right?"

Smith shook his head. This was nothing new; every single mission Jeff had taken had been met with sarcasm. Of course, none had yet been quite like this... "You're the only one for this job, Jeff."

"Giant women," Jeff mused. "What the hell, I suppose last week's exploding ant plague over at LA wasn't a proper way to end a career, now was it?"

"Glad to have you aboard, Jeff."

-----------

Jeff regarded the Shrinking Ray skeptically. They had recovered it from an operation and mainly used it to shrink the occasional giant rat that appeared. Granted, every subject had survived, but there was still something about becoming half of half of half of... hell, a small percentage of the man you once were.

"What about five inches?" Jeff asked. "In case those other slave-dudes get rowdy, I can show off my ONE FREAKIN' INCH in a fight."

Smith shook his head. "And make you 'stand out' in crowd? I think not. Four inches is the standard."

"But why four inches?"

"Mm, I think it is because it makes the average woman appear a hundred feet. It is a popular thing apparently."

'How very comforting," Jeff muttered.

The ray operator sighed. "Can we get on with it now?"

Jeff waved his hands. "Sure, sure. Not like I want to stay normal size or anything..."

The operator did not grant him a reply. Instead he simply pressed the activation switch. A good thirty seconds later (things are never as fast as they are in sci-fi), the blinding light was gone.

Jeff took off his goggles and shook his head. He did not quite want to open his eyes yet. Well, he did, out of instinct, want to. But his mind told him he would not like what he saw. He was right.

The room spread around him like a vast desert and the ceiling was as distant as the heavens. Oh. And the giant imposing figures of Smith and the Operator standing over him did little to alleviate the tension. He had stood under some giant stuff before. Buildings, giant ants, trees, mountains...He even stood at the feet of the Statue of Liberty a few times. But nothing prepared you for seeing a humongous member of your own species looking down their nose at you.

'Somebody should tell Smith about all those nose hairs', Jeff thought to himself. 'Maybe later though...'

Something buzzed on his right index finger. He held up his finger and twisted something, revealing a gold colored ring. He squeezed it and talked into it, "Can you hear me?"

He heard his own voice above him, only amplified to the extreme. Watson spoke back in it, but it was too deafening for him to tell if the ball had made the sound.

"Go into the other room or something," Jeff replied in aggravation. "You're too loud. I'm too loud, yeesh."

Smith walked in the room again, "Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear."

The ring itself was multifunctional; one of the few technologies the FBI had managed to keep a lid on. This was because they were virtually undetectable. Not only was a ring inconspicuous, but it could be setup to become transparent - which was great for spy work. Not only did it work as a communication device, but it also allowed up to ten hours of recorded sound, voice amplification, and was the most portable mp3 player on the planet. It was, really, a pity that it never got released mainstream, like its inventor intended. But the five billion dollar payoff had made him more than happy to keep it a secret.

"Now remember, Watson..." Smith explained. "Given the decreased size, the range of the ring is limited. You will need to be standing out in open air for it to transmit a strong enough signal for us to reach. Given how limited of communication we can maintain, we will be unable to provide you any backup if things become dangerous."

"Nothing new to me," Jeff mumbled. "And now let me beat you to it - the mission description right? You put me in a little travel box, take me to where the drop-off is, place me in with these other tiny slave dudes, I switch clothes with one of them, and wait 'til Monica opens the box... then I spend an unspecified amount of time trying to track down where this whole thing takes place?"

"Very good. Remember, your fellow 'inmates' will probably be able to provide some information."

"Of course. All right then, I'm not getting any taller here, so let's get on it."

One of the things you learn when you are small is how clumsy humans are. Inside the travel box he was afforded a padded restraint. He was then thrust into the coat jacket of an agent and the mission was launched. The jostling was just about unbearable, he felt as if he was going to vomit from his motion sickness when finally the movement stopped. He then felt himself move, but flipped back right side up. This was a good thing, since in the pocket he had flipped over and could feel the blood rushing to his head. The door was opened and his restraints released. Standing up dizzily, he stepped out and looked around. He appeared to be standing on the surface of a car seat, with another house-sized box in front of him. He saw the hand of the agent open the door. He walked in.

The odor was unbearable; the air was thick with the smell of sweat and lacking severely in oxygen. All around the room he saw restraining seats like his, with men inside them. The men were mostly unkempt and appeared to be unconscious. If he recalled right, they were apparently knocked out by some drugs before being placed in the restraining boxes and would not wake up until the 'new owner' sprayed a revival toxin into the box. He walked over to one of the restraints that held a man roughly his size. He released the restraint and stripped the clothes off the man and put them on. Out of decency for the sleeping, he granted the man his own clothes. He then drug him back out and placed him in the travel box, where the agent was waiting impatiently.

Finally he walked back in the retraining box and strapped himself in. He then took the pill he had in his hand and put it in his mouth. This would put him to sleep, much like his fellow 'slaves'. As he drifted off into a deep slumber, he noticed something interesting... all of them were men. After that, he thought no more.

        ---

He woke up coughing, which he would have found rather unusual if not for the whole being too busy coughing bit involved. He opened his eyes. Nothing happened so he tried again, but realized his eyes could not open twice without closing again. He heard other people coughing and felt his restraints loosening... he collapsed on the ground, gasping for breath. A small crack of light appeared, just enough for him to be able to see a little bit shortly after he got over being blinded by it.  
The coughing was coming from other men in crudely made clothes... Clothes that were... actually, kind of like his.

This would have been a convenient time to remember everything, but the crack chose that time to widen before them. In front of them was a clear path. They stepped outside of where they had been and stepped out on unfamiliar landscape. It was soft and it was, well, gray. Jeff had never quite ever seen gray grass before. It was a rather odd situation. His eyes were pretty much fixed on that until he heard someone gasp. He looked aver at his fellow 'inmates' and noticed them all looking forward.

He looked. This is what he saw. It was black, it was glossy, and it was well... big. It had the distinct shape of being a shoe, a lady's shoe in fact. What was even more concerning was the fact that inside this shoe was a foot. And that there were two shoes. Both shoes had feet, which connected to legs and went up... He had to crane his neck to continue looking up. They seemed to vanish beneath a canopy of red. But beyond the canopy was...

Clever descriptions failed him. They were, to be blunt, the largest breasts he had ever seen. He could not see past them, though he was pretty sure that there was a head somewhere up there. The rest of the body was there in ample supply, not having a head seemed rather unlikely to him. He watched her lurch forward, but was too astonished to consider the possibility of her falling on top of him. She bent over and her face came into view. It was horribly large, like seeing a giant billboard right in front of you, only moving. And real.

A name hit his head. Monica Quinby.

Everything came back to him. He realized that he had willingly put himself in this position too. He quietly told himself, 'next time I get a time machine, I'm going back in time to punch myself'. Further thoughts were interrupted as the giant woman spoke.  Her voice was low and soothing and not as deafening as the 'giants' that Jeff had met before.

"Welcome my tiny creatures. I am your new mistress, your absolute goddess. You will obey me. Do so and you will be rewarded. Fail to and nothing will save you."

She allowed a moment to pass of horrified silence to pass between the men.

"As your first command, I demand you to all touch my shoe."

There was a moment of hesitation. Her expression hardened and they quickly rushed over and touched it. Jeff did not waste a moment. He was not first or last, he did not want to raise suspicion. They could not see her face now, only the long expanse of legs going into the canopy. Skirt. Jeff mentally corrected himself. Applying normal things to giant things was trying too rationalizing it. There was no way to rationalize this.

"Well done, very obedient," they heard her say. The leg across from them suddenly lowered and her knee rested on the grass - that is - carpet. A hand was set out before them. They took the first notice of it then. It was soft, but the long red fingernails gave it a claw-like look. She spoke again, "The first two to climb on my hand will be rewarded."

They all hesitated. Jeff could tell these men were naturally timid, but being around a one hundred foot woman might do that. But being favored could be useful, so he quickly (but not too quickly) hopped on. Another man got on. The other man was younger than him and looked to be in his late teens or early twenties. He looked panicked.

When she stood up, all three of them fell down and covered their heads. She then raised her hand to face level and they all peeked out fearfully to see the two giant eyes peering down at them. She spoke once more. "You both are bold and brave. You stand among cowards and in the presence of absolute power. Speak your names."

The young man answered, trembling. "My name is Mugluk."

Jeff decided he should go next... but Jeff would not do. "I am Hung...rell."

He paused, that was an incredibly stupid name. He felt rather stupid. He pretty much told her he was hungry. He looked at her mouth... he would probably be a tasty morsel for her...

"Mugluk," she began. "You will be my new priest. You are ordained to make it known my will. Hungrell..."

Jeff felt himself being watched intently. He felt rather uneasy about it, but dared not look away. She licked her lips and smiled.

"You, Hungrell, will be mine. My confidant and keeper of words. Everything I saw you shall remember and write, so you will be with me at all times."

Jeff felt a certain satisfaction at that, as he happened to glance down at the other men. He then realized how much he was and positioned himself more to the center of her hand. He realized such a position was the best he could get, even if it did leave little time for privacy...

She leaned down and set the three of them down again. She then stood and took a few steps back so she could look down at them without leaning. "Lena, Mina. Introduce the men to their home."

They all looked around. Jeff looked up and saw nothing. He then realized the men were staring straight ahead. They seemed a bit relaxed. He did not, however. Two women were approaching them, going under and between Monica's legs. Something was vaguely wrong. They grew as they came closer, but did not seem intent on stopping it. When they finally stopped, just in front of the group of men, Jeff realized something vaguely horrifying. The man closest to the two women only came up to a little below her hip, staring mostly forward into her well... crotch. They both held a spear firmly in their hands and glared down at the men in contempt.

Jeff realized something at that moment. Things were going to be a great deal more complicated.

The one on the right, which he would find out to be Mina, had raven black hair. She was dressed raggedly like the men, only in a loincloth and what he would suppose was the caveman equivalent of a bra. She was slightly taller and a little older than her counterpart. Lena was a brunette, whose hair was longer and better taken care of than Mina's. She looked, strangely, a lot more forgiving than the other. Her smile seemed more friendly than contemptible. Though she was shorter, she seemed a lot more youthful. Jeff figured she was probably younger than he was.

They said nothing, but made motions with their spears for the men to follow. They did so and were led underneath Monica's vast legs into what was very much a house. It was a doll house, but the part to open the roof and sides were padlocked. In addition to that, the windows were also barred. The only way to get out of there was through the front door...

He felt dwarfed, even inside the house. It had been made to accommodate the eight inch stature of the two women rather than their small four inch forms. In the entrance room were two large beds, apparently for the two women. The men were led upstairs. While the women had no problem climbing up, the men felt rather like toddlers having to climb up using their hands and knees. This room seemed fairly more accommodated towards them, since the beds were their size.

He found out that were three bathrooms. Two upstairs and one downstairs. All three were not made for their size. A stepladder was built into the base of the upstairs’ toilets, so they would have to climb up to use them. There were also showers in each bathroom. Once more, these were not made with the men as the only people to use them. Jeff suspected that the women never used the upstairs bathrooms, but were designed this way to let the men know who was in charge.

What was most surprising is that they were not the only men here. There were five other men who had come here before them. These men, despite their lowly states, automatically assumed a role of superiority to their new fellow inmates. Mina spoke. "Chief Yakar."

One of the men already there approached her. She picked him up and held him like a small child, with her arm holding up his bottom. She kissed him and turned him to look at the men.

"Teach these new men their place and role now. Mugluk and Hungrell are the new priest and confidant, teach them especially well. Understood?'

He nodded obediently. She slipped him down casually and looked down at the men again. "When not in the presence of Monica or Lena and I, you will obey the words of Chief Yakar and Elder Jim. Those who disobey will be punished."

Mina turned and headed down the stairs. Lena smiled briefly at them and followed her down as well, leaving the bewildered men alone.

"Oh ho, looks like Monica... I'm sorry, our great goddess finally came into some more money," laughed a man in the far corner. "This is the biggest batch yet. My, my, my. And to think, once upon a time women only needed one man to be happy."

Jeff pushed his way through the others. This man could not be a simple mini-slave that was bought... he knew too much.

"Who are you?" Jeff asked.

"Elder Jim," the man laughed. He did not appear that old, he looked hardly older than Jeff was. The chief looked to be even older. "And you are...?"

"Hungrell."

"Oh ho! SO you're the next Confidant. I was her first you know; it was a matter of cruelty really. I wasn't always like this."

One of the five original men laughed. It was the chief. "Ah Elder, are you going to tell us more of these fantasy tales of your 'real world'?"

Jim gave a sly smile. "They don't believe me. They don't believe in things like New York or cars or men..." he laughed sadly "Being the same size... no taller than women."

Jeff said nothing.

"But I don't suspect you believe me either?" Jim asked, gazing at him curiously. "Or perhaps... you seem different from the others."

Jeff lowered his voice to a whisper, "I am from the outside world as well."

"Yet you have not screamed in rage, damned her, and started attacking the Double-Women?" Jim asked in surprise. "She did not capture you, did she?"

"No..."

"I suppose not," Jim said. "When she captured me, she had to deal with investigations for months. I don't suspect she'll ever try it again."

"You were... normal sized then?" Jeff asked.

"Yes... yes, I might even tell you about it," Jim said dismissingly. "But you... Undercover cop. Am I close?"

Jeff smiled thinly. "Close enough."

"I wondered if it would ever come to that..." Jim hummed to himself as he thought. "You made a grave mistake in choosing to do this. If you knew she had tiny men, why not just arrest her?"

"To find out where these men come from," Jeff replied. "The practice is illegal; I plan to find out from the men... and Monica herself where all of these men are 'manufactured' at. Once we find the source..."

"Good luck then," Jim replied. "I'll try to help you stay alive, but you will not find the answers. You are one of them now. One of us... But at least I will have someone to talk to who is not a blind fool like that lot."

"What is their world like?"

"Where they come from, all men are this size and all women the size of Lena and Mina. They are used for menial work and as sex objects of little worth. They raise the children, unless there is a daughter... She takes his place as 'second in command' of the family upon reaching ten years of age. They are used to getting no respect... but they are not used to one hundred feet women. That is something a bit new."

"Daughters..." Jeff mumbled.

"Indeed. Mina and the Chief have one, she is downstairs. Lovely ten year old girl. Every now and then she will come up here and make things miserable for us."

"Doesn't sound like too great a kid."

Jim shrugged. "Amazingly I pity her. She lives in such a warped world with no playmates her own age. She's taller than us though, a good foot taller. I remember a time when she was smaller than us... I try to be nice to her when she's in less controlling moods."

"And what about Monica?"

"As her confidant, you will soon know more about her than you wish," Jim explained. "But we will not speak anymore tonight. You are to go to sleep. The ladies will be back and if you are not in your bed, you will be punished."

Jeff reluctantly nodded and headed towards his bed. A few minutes later Mina and Lena surveyed the room. They both chose two of the new men and took them downstairs with them. Jeff went to sleep and ignored the sounds downstairs. He dreamed mostly of giant pizzas attacking him.