- Text Size +
Clearing the expanse of Lyla's room was like crossing several football fields. Feeling a bit silly for doing so, Jeff ran across the carpet and ducked behind a sidetable. When he reckoned the coast was clear, he kept to the wall and crossed over to the tile kitchen. It was cold to his bare feet, but it served only to heighten his wariness. He walked along the edges beneath the counters. In one corner he spotted the remains of a dead fly that had evaded the reach of a broom. It was a chilling sight to see an animal after all this time. To him, it was the size of a dog. He definitely didn't want to think about meeting any other insects... or rodents for that matter. He counted himself lucky that apartments like this usually had a strict no pet policy.

When he finally reached the door, he ducked down and rolled on through. In doing so, he immediately realized his folly. He found himself exposed in a brightly lit hallway with a line of doorways. He peaked around the corner of the doorway and spotted a collosal old man fumbling with his keys to open his door. A few doors down, a woman and her small child (not small to Jeff though!) exited their room and walked down the hallway, pausing only slightly to greet the old man. Jeff cursed his luck. On one hand, getting caught by one of these giants might lead him to contacting the agency... but there was an even better chance they would mistake him for an insect and squash him.

When the woman and child had left the hallway and the old man had finally made it into his apartment, Jeff made his move. He ran across the hallway to the door immediately across from him. He sighed in relief that he made it across unseen and ducked under, ready to go find his friends. He knew exactly what to expect and walked in confidantly. However he instantly realized he went into the wrong place. The way he realized this was when he walked into a shoe. He looked up and realized this shoe belonged to not adult, but a baby tike who was chewing on a toy block.

Jeff turned to get the heck out of there, but a stubby hand suddenly grabbed him and lifted him up. He was being lifted up and even in this tiny child's hands, he wasn't able to get out of the grip. Then to his horror, he realized the baby was taking him directly to her mouth. He couldn't die like this! He struggled as much as he could and in a last fit of desperation, positioned his toothpick to stab the baby's hand. It was a rotten thing to do to a baby, but this was life or death. The baby immediately released him and he fell on the baby's gag. And then the baby let out the loudest, most loudest sound he ever heard.

Jeff covered his ears due to his promixity to the source of the noise. Before he could make a move to escape the baby, they were both suddenly swooped up in the air. Jeff grabbed on for dear life as they were swung around and suddenly placed against the bosom of the baby's mother. The woman had failed to notice Jeff, as she was busy chattering on the phone, but she shushed her baby as she rocked him up and down with her hand. Jeff stumbled from his position and landed on the surface of her cleavage, exposed thanks to the meager atire she was dressed in.

Having barely gained his wits from the encounter, Jeff realized the baby was eyeing him and reaching out to grab him. With no other alternatives, Jeff dove into this strange woman's cleavage as the baby grasped desperately at the breast. The woman hopped and went "Oh!" in surprise, causing Jeff to tumble in further until he was between and beneath her breasts. Jeff decided he didn't want to get better acquainted with this woman and used the inside of her shirt to start climbing down. Stopping only slightly to admire the basketball-sized jewel in her belly ring, he started climbing down her pants (this time on the outside!). He was lucky in that sense that she wore long pants, otherwise he would have had to jump for it had it been shorts.

He never knew he could climb so fast and once he reached the bottom, he hopped off her big toe and made a beeline to the door. Jeff didn't stop to catch his breath until he was on the other side. When he finally gathered his wits, he realized he'd been foolish to assume that Lyla lived across from the three sisters. He counted himself lucky that he wasn't baby food and that he had grabbed that toothpick (which he sadly lost in the madness). Then he tried to recall where they had went when he was in Jessie's hand.

It hadn't been a long distance. She opened no other doors and went down no stairs. He counted six doors in this hallway. He could confirm that the one he was just in wasn't the right one, nor was the one across - as that belonged to Lyla. The next door down on his side was the old man, so he counted that one out. On the far end, of the same side, that belonged to the woman and the child that had left earlier. That left two doors. Deciding not to have any unnecessary adventures, he vowed to look under the door first.

Exposed for anyone to see, he ran across the wall between the door he was at and the old man's door. It seemed an impossibly long distance for his tiny little legs to run, but he made it without being seen. When he reached the old man's door, he started his run across the hall to the door across from him. He was about halfway there when the door suddenly opened. Jeff froze in shock as he looked up. A teenage girl, her head bobbing along to her mp3 player, was standing in front of him. He didn't dare move, lest she catch him in her peripheral movement. She took a step forward and he saw her titanic heeled booth coming down on him. He ran forward desperately and the heel came down with a hair of him. He couldn't help but notice that even the heel of this boot was taller than he was. He could have passed underneath the arch without ducking at this size. It was certainly a depressing thought...

The teenage girl walked on as she left the hallway. Jeff took solace in his near escape and mentally checked off that door as not needing to be explored. That left only one door... the one at the far end of the hallway. Given Jeff's misfortune of late, he figured it was only appropriate that it would be the one furthest away. Not quite ready to give up just yet, he made for the final stretch. He cleared the distance to the door in good time (for someone so small) and crouched down and looked under the doorway. He could already hear voices and could see the back of a pair of shoes. He crept under it slightly to overhear what was going on.

"It wasn't my fault!" said a voice. It was Amanda.

"Just like that little Asian guy wasn't your fault?" Jessie accused.

"That was an accident!" Amanda pleaded. "You took the new guy from me and left, remember?"

"Jessie is more responsible than that," Brecca said.

"Ugh! Ever since I was made this small, you treat me like a little kid!" Amanda whined.

"Only because you act like one," Jessie retorted.

"Whatever!" Brecca snapped. "Once I get back from selling these tinies, you better have the shrimp found. I want a nipple massage tonight and I don't want it to be from you two."

"Hmph, fine. Whatever," Jessie replied.

[i]Selling the tinies![/i] Jeff thought. He crept a little further through the door and looked up. He could see that Brecca was carrying a rather large purse on her side. The tiny people must have been in there. Jeff crept up to the back of Brecca's shoe. The other two giantesses didn't notice him, so he quickly climbed up the back of her shoe and laid down along the edge of her shoe to stay out of sight. Just as he did, Brecca turned on her heel and walked out the door. With the scrutinizing eyes of the other two sisters gone, he reached up for the hem of her jeans and pulled himself up. Out of sight, out of mind.

It was always a problem riding around unseen like this. He had not idea where they going. Just the vague notion that they went down some steps, went outside, and entered a car. As he waited inside her pant leg, he tried to think of just what he planned to do once they got there. He couldn't think of any realistic way he could free them. He found that all he could think about was saving Lena. Somehow he couldn't stand the thought of losing track of her. In a world of being a tiny slave, he knew that if she was sold off, it would be nearly impossible to track her down, even if by some miracle he ever returned to his normal size. He decided to himself that when the time came, he'd just hitch a ride with whoever ended up buying Lena. If he was going to spend the rest of his life at two inches tall, it was at least going to be with her, even if he only did come up to her knee. At least she could still see him as being almost a person...

With these thoughts in mind, he continued the rest of the journey with a grim acceptance of his fate. The car finally stopped and it was back to the swaying motion of her footsteps. He steadied himself, readying himself for anything. He was expecting some old warehouse... or a back alley, or some kind of shady setting.

He didn't expect to be watching cobblestone stepping stones go past beneath, a football sized welcome mat, and finally a sea of carpet. Then everything stopped moving, he cautiously crawled out of his hiding place. In a circle in front of him was a collection of female legs wearing high heels, sandals, and other footwear. They all belonged to various women who were sitting down around a table that loomed over him a hundred feet overhead. He couldn't figure out what was going on. This wasn't what he expected at all. He listened in on them.

"Oh, Brecca! They are just ADORABLE!" said one woman.

"Aww, look at the little lady," said another, "isn't she just the cutest little thing?

"A little trampy if you ask me," said another, "look at that ratty skirt!"

"Now now," Brecca interjected, "no need to be fussy."

"Look at this one," said one. "He looks like my Harold. Before he grew that awful beard, anyways."

"You mean like this tubby little one?"

There was laughter.

"Okay girls, you know the usual prices," Brecca said. "And a special price on the girly here and even an exclusive Micro-Shrinker!"

The ladies all gasped at that.

"An actual Micro-Shrinker? An authentic tiny? Which one?" they asked.

Jeff had heard enough. He spotted one of the women had nylons on. He made his way over to her so he could start climbing up.

"Oh! I definitely need him!" said one. "That Jimmy you sold me... he keeps insisting I have to let him go. He's so disrespectful."

"Oh! Those Micro-Shrinkers are wonderful," said another. "I bought the last one Brecca had. He's such a perfect gentlemen! Never tried to escape once."

The women all voiced their approval of that. All of them had to deal with the inconvenience of the shrunken men breaking out of their cages. They were difficult to condition to be perfectly obedient, no matter what punishments and rewards you used. Micro-Shrinkers were conditioned to obey - and indeed worship - the women that owned them. And it was real, genuine worship... not the sniveling, pitiful worship of men who did so only because of fear. They never truly appreciated the protection of their 'goddess' captors.

"Well how about it girls. Two thousand dollars for the Micro-Shrinker," Brecca said.

Jeff was halfway to the knee now.

"Oh. Too steep for me," one of the women said. "Daniel was already lecturing me about buying these new heels."

"That's because you let him do the bills," one of the others said. "My husband is too stupid to notice that kind of stuff. Put me down for him. He got a name?"

"His name is Grobrin," Brecca replied. "You'll like him a lot. He's never been used."

The other women groaned at their misfortune at missing out.

"Fifteen hundred for the lady," Brecca replied. "She's a Micro-Shrinker too. I know none of you girls are into that kind of thing..."

There were a few laughs.

"But they're great at disciplining your men," Brecca continued. "I'll even throw in a free shrinky of your choice."

Jeff was on the woman's lap now. He went by unnoticed. He started climbing up her waist, working his way to her back. Once he reached the top of the table, he didn't want any of the women accidentally spotting him.

"I'll take her," said a woman. It was the one Jeff was climbing. Jeff silently mouthed 'Thank You' as there would be no desperate running around now.

"All yours, Linda. Well then that's the special ones," Brecca said. "Who you going to take with her?"

Linda chuckled (causing Jeff to nearly lose his grip). "I think I'll take that little mexican boy hiding behind her."

"Paul? He's all yours," Brecca said.

"Well little lady," said Lena's new owner, "You better get little Paul disciplined, got it?"

They all laughed at that. Jeff was now using her hair to assist his ascent.

"Well that just leaves the Shrinkies," Brecca said. "Three hundred a pop like usual. Any takers?"

Jeff had finally reached the woman's shoulder. He hid within her hair to not be seen, but he could make out what was going on. In the center of the table there was a large tub with the tiny people in it. Each woman had a tiny tub in front of them as well. The women were picking out the men they wanted and were sticking the men they wanted inside the individual tubs. The woman upon whose shoulder he was on had only collected Lena and Paul. The tub in the center still had about ten men, none of whom the women seemed too interested in. Jeff wondered what happened to the men that didn't sell.

"Well Jim will be home soon," said one of the women. "You all should be going then. Thanks for the new man, Brecca."

Brecca was busy taking cash from the women, organizing them into neat stacks. "My pleasure."

Jeff was taken for a ride as Linda said her goodbyes, had some idle chitchat that was meaningless to Jeff, and left the house. She got into her own car, set the tub containing her new prizes below her seat out of sight, and started driving to her home. Jeff considered what his new life would be like with this new woman. Should he reveal himself to her? Should he remain secret to help Lena and Paul escape one day? It was hard to say. But he was off to a new life. Maybe it would be a good one.