- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 7 - Work Life Balance

Vanessa wasn't tall, but today she felt tall and she loved it. She watched Paul fiddle with his microphone on the armchair next to her. His petite keister resting on the lip of the cushion, his legs dangling off the front.

Even with a healthy amount of "man-spreading" he didn't reach from one armrest to the other.

He was positively childlike. An eager kid dressed up for church and acting like a true little gentleman.


It was adorable. 


"This feels really heavy," Paul said. 


"The Mic?" Amber replied.


"Yeah. I've noticed that as I've gotten smaller I've lost a lot of strength."


Amber nodded and waved to Roger for him to help. "I think one of the researchers told me about that... I don't remember their explanation but they said as you get shorter you would lose a lot of weight."


Roger stepped from out behind his camera to move Paul Microphone. He used a plastic clip to fasten the mic to the armchair. It hung just over Paul's head like a black sponge.


Roger returned to his post tilting his Camera to reset the framing.


"Have you lost weight," Amber asked.


"Yes," Paul said with forced cordiality.


"How much?"


"I weigh 63 pounds now," Paul said. "I checked this morning."


"But how much did you lose," Vanessa asked.


Paul screwed up his face. "I'm not sure... I didn't keep much track of that sort of thing before." He silently complimented himself for this tiny act of rebellion. He agreed to answer questions, and so he had.


"Do you track your weight?" Paul asked. He addressed this to Roger, who he could clearly see even if he wasn't really in the conversation.


Roger shrugged. His T-shirt rising and tugging up from his belt.


Vanessa looked back at him and gave him a terse reminder to stay out of things. 


"Its certainly makes a big difference though," Paul said maintaining his cooperation, looking again at Vanessa. "For a while I was only a little bit taller than you. We probably could have traded coats."


"That reminds me of another thing the researchers had told me," Vanessa said looking down at Paul. 

"They had told me that as you lose mass you'd probably feel colder... something about surface area and homeostasis."

Vanessa waved a hand in the air to summon knowledge that nobody in the room had.


"I have been feeling cold yes," Paul said. He returned to politely looking up at Vanessa. "I wouldn't normally wear all these layers inside."


Paul opened up his suit jacket to show his vest and button down shirt. 


"Maybe if you were meeting a client," Vanessa offered. She needed to reorient this conversation.


"Of course. Dress to impress!" Paul pulled his necktie taught for emphasis. 

"By the way, your dress is very sensible." Paul said. 


"Thank you," Vanessa said uncertainly.


"Its put together and simple," Paul continued. "Something I see in courthouses all the time."


Vanessa accepted this compliment. 


The chat between the two of them continued for a while longer. Paul answering lots of questions with nothing in particular. He gave his anecdote about Amber offering to get him a cup, and how he would have done the same thing if this were a few weeks prior.


"So what was the challenge Amber set out for you this week?" Vanessa asked.


Paul paused, "Wait, is Netflix going to let us talk about this on the air?"


"There is plenty of content that features Sex, even nudity."


"You already know?" Paul said. It had been 3 days, Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.


"Amber told us that she wants you to not hold it in," Vanessa said leaning in as she gave her euphemism. "But we want to hear what you..."


The Doorbell Rang.


Vanessa stood up and looked out the window of the living room. Then she looked down at Paul.


"I wasn't expecting anyone," Paul said. "Amber went shopping - even if she came back she would just drive into the garage."


Possessing longer legs, Vanessa reached the door much faster than Paul. She hesitantly opened the door to show a young woman on the landing. 

Vanessa had seen this woman before but wasn't sure from where.


"Is this the 5440 address?" Sarah asked.


"Yes," Vanessa said. 


"The Collins’ Home," Sarah asked.


"Yes," Vanessa said. She quickly looked behind herself to see Paul dart out of the room. She heard a door slam closed in embarrassment.


"Can I help you?" Vanessa asked.


"I'm Mr. Collins’ Paralegal," Sarah said. She gave the woman in front of her equal suspicion as to what she was receiving.

"The office asked me to drop off a company laptop," Sarah held for a box of computer wires and post-it-notes.

"I understand he'll be away from work for a while."


"Yes," Vanessa said. "Paul can't attend to anything at the moment."


Sarah nodded and stepped backwards off the landing. "Is your name Amber, I think I've only met you once at a Christmas party."


Vanessa shook her head, "No I'm not Paul's Wife."


This was unhelpful to everyone.


"Ok," Sarah said.


Vanessa closed the front door as Sarah walked down the path to her car. With one final look back she swore she saw Paul peeking out at her from some curtains.


If this was true he must have been on his knees, his nose barely able to make it over the windowsill.


Sarah knew there was another explanation.


_ _ _ 


A few more days past and Paul was not pleased. He hoped against hope that Sarah had not seen him in his state. It was one thing to be forehead to boob with a celebrity, but for a junior associate?


He felt like a child. Reinforced by Amber cradling him in between her arms. The head of her little spoon nestled right between her chin and her breasts. 


The thoughts of all these women were making Paul uncomfortable. He didn't like that he couldn't get this out of his head.

He didn't like that he couldn't sleep with Amber's Warm body pressed against his back.

He didn't like that the head of his penis was stretching the elastic on his waistband.


It had been 6 days.


Paul left the bed and went into the bathroom. He plugged the sink and filled it with cold water. 

He dunked his head into it. His nose filled up with bubbles.


When he came back up for air he saw his wife standing in the doorway.

"You're holding yourself," she said.


Paul looked down and saw his member within his own grasp. He hadn't even realized he was doing this. 


Merely touching it felt like a relief even if static. 


"You're very close," Amber said, stepping closer. "Just tonight and then one more and you were going to win for a change."


"That's true," Paul said.  He didn't let go. "I was going to win."


"I think you need to stop doing that," Amber said, coming closer and taking his hand away. "I'm not going to let you please yourself until I get a turn."


Paul took Amber's hand and rejoined her in the bedroom.


"Is this what you want?" she asked.


"Yes," he whispered. As soon as he consented she picked him up and threw him on the bed. Climbing atop him Amber pressed herself down atop him.

Paul could feel her weight pressing him into the mattress. The force of her thrusts overpowering him and pressing him deep into the blankets. 

 

A force that only magnified after he felt himself release.

_ _ _ 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.