- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 8 - Corporate Ladder

Paul tried to spy into the mirror Amber was using. He found it difficult to look at her reflection - peering out from behind her butt like he did.


Paul was now only half as tall as his wife. The producer of Shrink My Spouse hadkeot their word. After the last challenge Paul had shrunk another 12 inches and his beloved Amber had grown the same.


She was a whole foot taller than before. Standing high at 6 Foot 6

He was only 3 feet 3 Inches, having suffered thru 3 reductions.


Paul's hugged his little arms around Amber's thigh. it seemed thick as a tree trunk - his hands only barely able to meet across her flesh.


She was so very warm.


Above him Amber adjusted a simple necklace on her turtleneck. Today she was wearing black on black. She had said that this would give people only one thing to notice about her.


For Paul it was obvious just how massive she was.


He tried to imagine meeting his wife if he was still 6'3" 

It seemed utterly alien. His wife was no longer a smidge taller. She was a true giant. She was so much more powerful than he.


She was so sexy.


As Amber fiddled with the pills on her sweater and pulled taught the wrinkles left by the wash, Paul drove his face deep into her Pussy.


Amber gave a yelp and pulled his head away from her crotch. She wasn’t naked, but even if she was wearing pants the instinct was born of years together. 


"You're insatiable," she scolded.


Paul enjoyed the squeal he evoked from his wife. Her enormous hand on his head was way stronger than any power he could muster. 

Still, he knew her weaknesses. He could smell her arousal.

It was after all right in front of him.


"I'm going to work," Amber said. "Shouldn't you put something on?"


"I'm working from home," Paul defended. "The office brought by a laptop and they're installing a special VPN so I can operate remotely."


Paul smiled at his wife.

She did not reciprocate - she half expected him to pull down her leggings and blow bubbles into her love handles.


"Aren't you special," She said.

"What have you told them about all this." Amber made a gesture with her fingers compressing them until her thumb and forefinger were a millimeter apart.


"I said, I was in a medical trial," Paul said. "That I needed to be home for observation in case my side effects get worse."


"Side Effects?" Amber asked.


"Well now..." Paul said indignantly. "What are you going to say when people ask."


"I was going to tell them to mind their own business."


Paul turned away from his wife's butt and clambered up onto the bed to better see her. 

It wasn't easy to climb onto the queen mattress. He gripped tightly onto the duvet and pulled himself up like it was a rope. 


Even atop the bed he still wasn't eye level with Amber. He could see her reflection though. The back of her neat brown hair reflected in the dresser mirror. 


The front of Amber's head sported a quirky smile. Just below her nose and framed by the same brown hair.


With her looking down at him, it gave Paul the impression she was looking at a monkey at the zoo. 

Paul considered giving a little hoot or screech, maybe just asking for a banana. He settled for scratching his armpits like a chimp might do.


Amber stepped forward and gave him a kiss on the forehead. Her lips seemingly covering all the space from eyebrows to hairline.


"You sure are precocious," she said. "Don't throw a toddler's tantrum on me now." 

With that Amber reached into her dresser and pulled out a shirt. She threw it over Paul. Amber’s blouse covered him from shoulder to knees.

“Get dressed,” she said.


Paul didn't have a comeback to that one.


Amber turned away from her tiny king on the queen's bedspread. She headed to the closet to grab some shoes.


"Heels" Paul criticized.


"Why not?" Amber replied, "I always wear them. Today is another ordinary day."


Now that Amber was fully dressed she made sure her purse had money and her cell phone.


"Call me if you need anything," she said. "I'll be with clients so please leave a voicemail."


Paul nodded and waved bye bye to his wife. 

After he did so he felt a little embarrassed to be so child-like before her.


It was all so uncomfortably Freudian.


Regathering his thoughts Paul pressed his hands into his eyes and dragged his fingers along his face. Pulling away the anxiety.


He should be happy.

This "Experiment" wasn't all that bad. It was sort of a game. Being small seemed to make it easier for him to misbehave.


Nobody was expecting him to be an adult anymore.


After Paul removed his wife's oversized top he decided today would be a casual Monday. He threw on some jeans and a Polo and grabbed his own cell phone.


More of an iPad in his hands.


After unlocking the screen he saw a text message from an unknown number. With curiosity he tapped on it.


"Hiya, Paulie. Its Sarah." the message said.

"I didn't mean to bud in, but I was starting to worry. Why was there an Actress in your house last week?"


Paul couldn't formulate a response to this one either.


_ _ _


"Of my god, Amber you look amazing!" The whole office was fawning over the newly elevated Ms. Collins.


As soon as she had walked in the door of the marketing firm people were hanging on her. Women once a pink width taller were now shoulder height. 

Men she once looked up to now dwarfed by the enormous change.


Amber knew this was going to happen and made sure to be ready for what she was going to inspire. She was fully done up for the first day back. 

Makeup, Hair, and posture.


Standing tall, taller in her usual pair of heels she was like a queen on a throne. A diva on a marble pedestal.


She loved it.


While they were certainly tall and handsome men in the office - marketing attracts charisma. No one was near her eyeline.


The (now) 2nd tallest person was a thin young man in IT, he was looking over at her from a safe distance.

A lot of men were keeping a distance from her.


Whether they were scared of jealous, didn't matter. She was pleased all the same.


"Please, please," Amber said. "I just want to sit down and get started. We have a presentation for the Centennial Lakes partners remember."


More questions came to Amber, compliments and inquires into how this had happened. But slowly the office drifted away from Amber, her refusal to justify the change dispelling the crowd; magnifying the magic.


As Amber sat at her Desk chair she felt it sag and groan beneath her. She had to lower it closer to the ground so that her thighs didn't knock the table of her cubicle upwards.


Amber was aware that as Paul got short he had lost several pounds. 

She must have gained almost as many. 


Perhaps there were some downsides to being big.


Amber got started sorting through her business emails. She reviewed her PowerPoint for this afternoon.


About an hour into the day Amber spied her boss arriving at the office. He took off his coat and headed towards her. Holding a box tightly under his arm. 

She saved her excel file and turned her chair just in time to meet him. 


Her boss, Greg, handed her a box. "The client wanted us to have a sample of their latest product, I was going to ask you to try and work this into today's demo."


As Amber took the package from him she saw his eyes react in surprise as her hands came towards him.

Amber hypothesized that they were larger and stronger than his now. She took the box and gently set it on her lap.


Amber opened up the box and sifted thru bubble wrap to find something... some kind of medical device. It looked almost like a thermometer.

"That doesn't seem fair," Amber said. "To suddenly ask us to include something. Why didn't they mention this before?"


Opened, pulled out the widget, and held it for inspection. It had boring shades of blue and white. Very clinical, but with a purple button on the top. Amber gave it a few clicks.


Nothing happened, aside from the raising and lowering of the toggle.


"What even is this?"


"Its a pipette" Gregory said. "For measuring liquids. They wanted us to come up with a catching description."

"Apparently," he continues this is supposed to have multiple chambers, and a larger volume capacity."


Amber raised an eyebrow, "It doesn't seem very large."


"Well it's new," Greg said. "And we're in the business of telling people what they want to hear."


Amber shook her head and gave the box and pipette back to Greg. "I don't know if I can think of anything right, now. Give it to Dave. He's creative, but it's just not that impressive - ."


"Whatever," Greg said. He then wandered off and set the box on the cubicle next door. 


Dave gave a few more clicks to the pipette's purple button. He looked back and Amber and shrugged.


_ _ _


At the head of the room Amber was in command of all the attendees. She had often thought of her remote from the smart board as like a wand, or a scepter. 

Today she felt like a magician. Enchanting all the clients gathered.


She highlighted all of the current advantages the marketing team, and her company had. She proposed solutions for the clients' known disadvantages. She concluded with offering partnership as a catch-all option for continued excellence. 

"We all do better with someone to lean on," she said. With her closing remark she opened her arms wide in a great bear hug. Several faces showed her that it was a comfort to all watching.


In that moment she was their hero.


Applause broke out as Dave switched off the projector and got the lights.


"Sounds great"


"I'm sold"


"We were right to trust this team"


After some brief mummering, Greg stood up beside Amber. His grey and black hairline clashing with the smooth curves of Amber's sweater. with her new vantage point Amber could see clearly the thinning strands of Greg's aging hair. 

He's had work done.


"Lets give you guys the room and let you all discuss your feelings. Just let us know what you want us to do for you next."


Greg gave a tiny bow and shook his hands together. 

Dave opened the door for Greg and waited for him to exit the room.

Amber followed behind ducking every so slighting to pass through the frame.


"A true gentleman," she said.


Dave froze as he blushed. Amber had only seen onions as red.


- - -


About a half hour later and Amber saw the Centennial Lakes reps start to mill out of the conference room. heading to the break room for bagels and coffee.


Amber saw Greg glad-hand one of them on the way to the Men's room. Something she would never do.


"Uh-humh," came a cough behind her.


Amber turned to see a client.

"Hello," she said courteously, "Did you need something?"


"Actually," the stranger said. "I was struggling to remember your name."


"Amber, Collins." She stood up and extended her hand. She found herself standing closer than expected to him. 

But that might just be because her strides were longer.


"That was a very impressive proposal you gave today." He said accepting her hand. "I've never met a firm that offered so many promises." 


"We aim to please."


He nodded in agreement, "It certainly pays to stand out doesn't it."


Amber smiled, "I'm afraid there is only one thing wrong, one thing I can't do."


"Oh, that would surprise me," he said. "I think a woman like you could do anything." He was still holding her hand.


"I never learned your name," Amber said.


"Oh jeez," he said letting go of her handshake and tossing his arms in embarrassment. "I'm Scott"


"Well thank you Scott," Amber said. "We always appreciate a compliment from our clients."

"Let me know if there is anything more we can do for you," Amber said.


Scott took a turn to smile. 

"I think I do know one thing I would like you to do for me."


"What is that?"


"I'd love to hear more of your ideas," he said. "I think we should meet after hours. A Client talk."


Faraway Amber saw Gregory pat another man on the back as the two spread cream cheese and sprinkled zero-calorie sweetener.

 

"Absolutely," Amber said. "When and where."

 

 _ _ _

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.