- Text Size +

Frances withdrew her own head a little.

“I’m sorry,” he said, taken aback, “Was that a little more than you wanted?”

“No, it’s actually less than I wanted. Are you open to talking about it in absolute confidence?”

“I wouldn’t tell anyone anything you said. I’m so glad that you went on this date with me.”

“There are rumours, probably unfounded, that leprechauns live in this meadow, which is why I chose this spot. If you could become a leprechaun, or at least become the size of a leprechaun, and live with me forever at that size, I could lick your face and shoulders like a lollipop whenever I wanted, and nobody would know. Before I let you kiss me, I would like to know whether you would be happy to consent to such a development. Before you answer, I need your answer to be based not on an unlikely scenario but on the expectation that it could be a very real possibility.”

“It’s quite a matter to think about,” he said.

“Would you like to enjoy the scenery with me, while you’re thinking?”

“I would.”

“I’ll be silent until you’re ready to talk about it,” said Frances.

“Would you put your tongue out, so that I can have an idea what it would look like?”

“I’d be happy to,” she said in a friendly way, and did so.

“Can I touch it?”

“Of course you can.”

He slid two of his fingers over her tongue, as soon as she’d stretched it out again for him, and ran his fingers deep into her mouth. It was a wonderful sensation.

“Thank you. I guess I’ll start thinking about it then.”

They looked at the hills rising up behind them, and stretching down below them, the meadow in the immediate vicinity, the forest in the distance, and the fact that the village was not in view from up there. Nathaniel considered what it would be like, unable to explore such places at full size anymore, and yet having a whole adventurous life with Frances to explore, if he were to be reduced forever.

“I have thought it all through a lot,” said Nathaniel at last, “It all amounts to the fact that I would like to be with you under whatever circumstances would make you happy, under any circumstances, and I’ll never tell anyone you asked me this. I’ve been an orphan in the boarding house attached to the school, and I’ve had a crush on you since the first day I saw you. I don’t know how such a thing could ever be made possible, but I’m sure that I would go along with it, should that day ever come. I do think it would be nice to go on several kissing and cuddling dates with you at normal size first, maybe for a few weeks, from the moment that we knew it was possible.”

“It’s already possible,” said Frances, “I won’t tell you how until the time comes, but if you’re committed to this as a way forward for us both, with a scheduled reduction in your size to take place in three weeks, then I should enjoy it very much if you were to kiss me now.”