- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


She adjusted the setting and pointed it at Edith, until Edith grew to the size of a giantess.

“This is… Thank you, Miss Balfour. What prompted you to design such an amazing thing?”

Colleen told her everything about the shrunken meals she’d had, and the leprechaun hunts.

“Can I keep my giant size if I tell you something about me that you might not like?” asked Edith.

“We’re friends and allies forever now. You can keep your size and keep my secret, and I’ll keep yours.”

Edith told him about the Connor and the day she’d snuck into the science classroom.

“I guess we both liked eating reduced boys,” Edith concluded, “That’s why I asked for your help. I was going to just come to you at school and ask for a science teacher’s ideas about how I could be in this house, but I was always hoping that you’d use the reverse setting on me.”

“I was an adventurous teenager once too,” said Colleen, “It’s fine, and I hope you enjoyed Connor. Could you take me on a walk around this area?”

Edith did so, and showed her the neighbouring block of land, which was not that far from the portal, even to a normal sized person. It was unowned and empty, like many examples of the abundance of unused land in the giant realm.

Later, Edith dictated her boyfriend’s name and address to Colleen, who took a notepad and pen from her handbag. She wrote it down, and assured Edith that she would explain the situation to her boyfriend and to show him the forest entrance to the portal.

Colleen returned home and made a point of keeping watch on Edith’s boyfriend Eddie’s house. When he was sure to be there alone, she went and introduced herself, told Eddie the whole story, and arranged a date to show him the way to the portal.

Eddie stepped through by himself, as Colleen wanted to return home, and went to Edith’s giant front door. He saw that she had tied a long piece of string to the handle which would ring the old fashioned outdoor bell. The string reached down to the doorstep.

She had written on the step in chalk: “Pull the string whenever you like, Eddie.”

Eddie gave it a good tug now, and heard the bell sound loudly above him. Edith came out to greet him and took him inside.

“So what do you think?” she asked.

“It’s sure going to be different having a giant girlfriend,” said Eddie, “Unless your teacher wants to give me the same treatment you’ve had.”

“I’ve asked her not to,” said Edith, “After all, there doesn’t seem to be any point in being a giant, unless you’re giant sized compared to somebody else. But you are certainly welcome to be the someone else.”

“Eddie and Edie, It always sounded good, and now it makes us boyfriend and girlfriend of two worlds or realms or lands or whatever this place really is,” said Eddie, “I guess it’s a new angle on our relationship.”

“Well if you’re willing to just go with it, then we can stay together,” said Edith.

“Of course. It’s done now, anyway. You’re a giantess.”

“Miss Balfour could reduce me, but she knows I want to stay this way.”

“I think I’’m already beginning to like you being that way,” said Eddie.