- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A bit more cruelty this time around. A bit more conflict within our female lead’s head.  Overall, I actually think I could of done this chapter a bit better, or rather for the quality that it is, finished it sooner. I apologise for that. 

For those interested, this chapter is less action focused.  Please do enjoy. 

“The coordinates are right there, officer Violena.” The senior attending officer pointed out towards her employee. She directed her fingers towards an empty page littered sparsely with nothing but a few lines of directions and numbers, denoting the journey to the planet targeted.

 

“Yes Ma’am, I'll be right there.” replied Lena, exhausted. Due to being out of practice from her usual routine she wasn’t quite ready. “What are the instructions for this planet?” she questioned.

 

“Total extermination is required. Not a shred of life should remain.” She answered, a sharp harshness was evident in her tone. She caught a slightly distraught fixture in Lena’s face from her words. “It’s the usual, why are you acting surprised?”

 

Surprised?

 

Violena herself hadn’t noticed the expression she made, which was one of a slight irritation. As if the words ‘total extermination’ irked her for some reason. However she couldn’t quite grasp onto a single reason as to why. 

 

“-Oh, uh yeah.” Half haphazardly recovering herself, “I’m just a bit out of practice is all. With the break and all…” Coming up with a blatantly obvious excuse, Lena lied. No one in her field would simply be ‘out of practice’ after a little break, if that even was the right terminology for it. It was a competitive field that paid extremely well. Highly sought after the amount of freedom it gave to an individual. No one would simply be out of practice after even years of silence. It was simply far too valuable to give up. 

 

“Well… get yourself together, no more daydreaming. Just one day you decided to take a break saying you found your soulmate. Like some prior notice would have been nice, Lena.” The senior officer scowled.

 

“It was urgent, also I really did find him. He’s a small humanoid figure and is just the most adorable thing-”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Heard enough. Lucky you, finding yourself a partner so quickly…” She sighed, disheartened. “Better make sure you take care of him. Remember as the bigger one of the relationship it’s your job to oversee his needs.”

 

“Of course!” Lena responded enthusiastically, only for it to quickly dwindle. The earlier feeling of why she felt so out of tune about the job today settled in.  “... Hey Chelsea, would you have any idea what to do if my partner wasn’t happy about my job?”

 

It was a sudden question, causing Officer Chelsea to raise her eyebrow. She was caught off guard. Typically such a question had no place in their little meeting before starting work, but they both were acquainted with each other enough to drop the formal act. Lena awaited for an answer in anticipation. While it was a given fact that all Goddesses were old, far older than any other living being,  some just happened to be wiser than others. Senior officer Chelsea happened to fall under such a group.

 

“Honestly, I can’t say. It would largely depend on his personality. However whatever it is, it must have matched somewhat perfectly for him to be your soulmate, so it ain’t like you need to be too afraid of an answer from the guy. That being said, it isn’t like you can just stop being you. Sure it’s a job, but it’s also a key part of our goddess’ culture. We rule and govern. It just is who we are.” There was a brief pause, she sighed once more in exhaustion. “ You two just need to compromise on this kind of stuff. Really it’s all you can do.”

 

“Compromise For this? How exactly?” Lena asked.

 

“Maybe move to a different branch, or get some clarification of what is allowed and agreed upon between the two of you. Of course after you finish this job, that is. You can’t back off of it now. Speaking of him, where is the little guy?” She curiously enquired.

 

“He’s in his soul form so he’s right where he belongs…  The little guy is so much smaller than I am so I've resorted to some size shifting tricks.”

 

While it was obvious a size difference would always be there in such a relationship between a human and a goddess, Lena was undoubtedly a special case. Her ‘usual’ size being quite larger than any of her kind. She was a paragon among Gods, a divine entity more powerful than most.

 

“I think that’s an issue more with you, and how big you are. Usually we are the ones who shrink down to at least a reasonable level for the tiny. Though with your natural size, guess it was impossible.” Chelsea snarked, not intending to be rude but was simply blunt with her words.

 

It was a fact of matter that being big had its benefits, but making a relationship with a tiny was not one of them. Majorly due to being restricted in how small you can be. Most Goddess could at least be small enough to settle into the planet of their lover, perhaps with minimal casualties. Barely any had to resort to making their lover themselves larger.

 

 Due to this, Lena was annoyed and always conscious of her extreme size. Her nerves were being pushed to their limits, and with a small bickering argument from the previous day, she only began to cave into her stress more. 

 

“I guess, I’ll handle it when he wakes up.” Finishing her discussion, “I’ll see you later officer Chelsea.”

 

“As always, good luck out there, Lena. It’ll all be fine.” Chelsea’s echoing goodbye printed a smile on Lena. Providing her a final sense of calmness  for her dilemma, as she was swept away into the cold dark embrace of the empty space around her when she left officer Chelsea.

 

– – – 

 

Planet Arios, A large planet home to aggressive species of creatures who were an alien mix of exhibiting flora characteristics and animal traits. They were humanoid in nature, possessing some intelligence. Seemingly less so from the humans on planet earth. 

From what I can see, there was little advanced tech anywhere. At most it's in the way of the early modern era, perhaps approaching it. 

 

Lena thought, as she hastily approached the planet in its lonesome solar system. It looked war torn, miserable even. A lack of water,  small oceans and minimal amounts of greenery were present along with many fiery regions across the equator. 

 

What a sad, pitiful display. Just what drove these people to do this?

 

Lena pondered, Officer Chelsea had kept a record of this planet. While the amount of water or fiery terrain were still present. Much more greenery existed, much more life had once been there. It was a former husk of itself, living now in a dystopian era where the people who industrialised profited so much they were untouchable. It was a brief history lesson on the planet, sadly nothing exclusive or that unique of a story. The land ended up being divided and split apart  which turned planet Arios into a war zone, fighting much within itself. Competing who can escape the planet and venture to new planets.

 

She knew there was nothing wrong with that in itself, a dominant species’ planet is theirs to do as they please. What made these people so worthy of being ‘erased’ from intergalactic records were their aggressive attitudes. With their space shuttles and ships, they scavenged and hunted for neighbouring planets. 

 

Unlike Earth, which benefited from being alone, these people’s neighbouring planets in the solar system provided a vast sum of other intelligent life. They hunted, they killed, they murdered such innocent people with intent to strive off their wealth. 

 

But I suppose that’s just how life is, really it sucks for them… The other planets of this solar system are under ownership of someone strong and powerful.  They essentially waged war against a powerful force of nature, and look where it’s gotten them.

 

The goddess came into vision of the people on planet Arios. Only recently becoming visible in their cloudy and smoke infested atmosphere. Her presence created a towering shadow that created a momentary ‘dark side’ of the planet.  People from across many continents watched in awe, in disbelief, in pure utter terror. They’ve had no giantess ever come to their land before. They’ve never felt the insignificance of being so tiny that each own individual couldn’t even be recognised. That their entire species could bundle up together in protest, and to the goddess in question it would be akin to looking at a marching sequence of ants. Each single entity being hardly distinguishable from the next.

 

I really feel for you all, but it’s too late to go back  now.

 

Lena truly felt bad, usually she wouldn’t care in the slightest. Being the type of person who always was obsessing over something, always overlooking the small things. She herself didn’t even know why. She could only look down at the people in bitterness. A painstakingly sharp pain at her upper chest was felt. Was that pity, regret perhaps?

 

Some of you didn’t do anything wrong, some of you probably have no idea what’s even going on. I’m sorry for that.

 

She directed her soft hands, each the size of continents of the planet towards the surface. Eclipsing inward at speeds that caused hurricanes to form across the surface, sending millions to their deaths. She cursed harshly inward at herself, and apologised more so to Blyke.

 

I’m sorry Blyke… 

 

 She felt remorse in her actions. Just the slightest tinge of grief, of pity, and finally disappointment in herself. She was acting off today, entirely due to the conversation with Blyke a day prior, how she was now forced to question the morality of her job. Violena always thought that her job was important, in all honesty she still did. Her pride as a goddess wouldn’t waver so quickly. 

 

I’ve been off game since yesterday, I even confidently took Blyke in today reassuring him that this was gonna be fine…  Now even I’m not too sure. Is it really okay for me to do this, whilst dating a human? He seemed not okay with it. I mean of course he wasn’t , after all he could relate to their position.

 

For goddess standards, Lena herself was far kinder than some of the heinous kinds of giantess you could hear about. Even still, that didn’t make her feel better. Perhaps it was Blyke’s influence? She felt oddly compelled to change.

 

Thus, it was made painfully obvious. She couldn’t sustain this job whilst being with Blyke. Not anymore. And in no universe would she ever discard her adorable little husband. 

 

Ah shit, I zoned out again.

 

When Lena looked back down at the planet, at their atmosphere. A dusty wasteland remained. Or more so like a wasteland compared to before. It was as if she added fuel to fire, levelling the many continents and cities. Reducing many to stains or corpses. No longer did she find meaning in such actions; however, this was purely a job and she had to see it through. 

 

Well, almost done , afterward I’ll wake Blyke up… Goodbye Planet Arios. It’s time I put you out of your misery.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Lena has a bit of a change of heart. Her core personality on the matter hasn’t changed. But she has recognised that to be with Blyke some compromise on her end was needed. 

I don’t think I’m particularly good or even decent at doing these character development kind things. So that’s my own personal criticism for that.


might be a bit before next chapter comes