- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is an art trade with Scrungee over on Twitter! He asked for a Maya Fey story, and in return, I got a Maya Fey drawing. You can check out his part of the trade, as well as his other stuff, here: https://twitter.com/Scrungeesmall. With all that out of the way, I hope y'all enjoy!

“I cannot believe this is happening.” Phoenix complained. “Hey, it’s not THAT bad. It, uh… gives us a new perspective on things!” Athena said, trying to be reassuring. “That’s… really not funny.” Apollo responded. “This bites!” Athena’s digital assistant, Widget, whined. The three lawyers (and one digital assistant) had all been shrunken down to the size of ants, and were now grouped together on a desk next to a big bag of Snackoos. “I-I’m sorry! I really didn’t mean for this to happen!” The forensic detective, Ema Skye, pleaded for forgiveness. Ema had invited her friend Phoenix over to show him her latest forensic invention (he brought the others as guests, which earned them a couple of Snackoos to the head). 


Ema’s new device was rather simple: eyedrops. Specifically, eyedrops that, when used, would let the user “zoom in” on even the smallest details. When she tested it on the three, they all shrank about a minute after they used it. Ema, after freaking out for a couple seconds, quickly gathered them up on the desk. And with that, we’re all up to speed.


“How did this even happen?!” Athena shouted, giving up her paper-thin facade. “I-I don’t know! But I can fix it! I swear I’ll fix it! Just stay here! I’ll make an antidote as quick as I can!” She said, bolting out of the room into the lab. Phoenix just sighed, rubbing his hand on his face. Apollo took a deep breath, shouting “I’m fine!! I’m Apollo Justice, and I’m fine!!” to himself to keep himself calm. Athena put her hands on both their shoulders. “Calm down, calm down.” “Athena, we’re an inch tall. I’m surprised I’m as calm as I am as is.” “Don’t say that, Boss! At least things can’t get any worse!”


The door suddenly swung open; Phoenix’s best friend and assistant, Maya Fey, had barged in the room, completely oblivious to her friend’s plight. “Hey, guys, I’m ba- wait, where is everyone? Hellooooooo?” She said, looking around the room for any signs of life. “Jeez, where are they? You ask where the bathroom is for one second and suddenly everyone disappears!” She whined


Meanwhile, on the desk, everyone had gone into panic mode. Apollo grabbed onto Phoenix’s shoulders, shaking him furiously and yelling “WE FORGOT ABOUT HERRRRR!!!”. Athena put her hands on both sides of her head in shame and fear. “Ohh, me and my big mouth…” she whined. Maya walked over to the desk, and the attorneys all bolted as fast as they could in the opposite direction, next to a stray Snackoo that had escaped from the bag. “Well, fine! If Ema wants to just up and disappear, then let’s see how she feels when her snacks disappear!” She reached for the stray Snackoo. Apollo was dragging behind, tripping on himself with his lack of athletics.

“Apollo!” Phoenix cried. “Run! Get out of there!” Athena shouted. It was far too late, however; Maya’s thumb crashed down and smashed Apollo into the tiny chocolate snack. “Aaaaaahhhhn~” She held the Snackoo above her open mouth, hot air blasting out. Apollo was scared beyond words. After dangling over her mouth for a couple seconds, she dropped it down her awaiting maw, Apollo with it.


“APOLLO!!” Athena cried as Maya chewed. Maya’s face twisted into disgust before spitting it out into a nearby napkin- no Apollo to be seen in the debris. “Yuck! That was gross! How the hell does Ema manage to get these things down her throat?” She questioned, picking up a bottle and opening her mouth. The two attorneys on the desk could barely glimpse the small red dot that was Apollo staggering to his feet. He was given no reprieve, as Maya took the nearest canned beverage, chugging it and washing her throat, sending Apollo down, down into her deep, dark, humid stomach. Apollo bashed at her stomach walls, giving Maya some discomfort. “Jeez, didn’t even get that much and it’s not sitting well…” She pat her stomach, sending Apollo flying to the other side, bouncing around like a ricocheted bullet.


Athena had rushed to the edge of the desk, jumping up and down to try and get Maya’s attention. “Athena, wait! Get out of-” Phoenix yelled, trying to get her out of there, before Maya slammed the water bottle, shaking Athena off balance. She swayed back and forth, arms flailing wildly, before Maya turned around, the gust being enough to knock her totally off the desk. Maya stretched to her tippy-toes, her heels hovering above her sandal. Maya plummeted down, down the dizzying heights and bashing onto her heel. “Ow… damn it! That really hur-” before she could even finish her griping, Maya’s hefty sole slammed down on her, slathering her against her warm, soft foot and the hard sandal. “That feels weird…” Maya groaned, rubbing her heel back and forth, grinding Athena


“Athena!” Phoenix shouted as loud as he could. “Huh? What the heck was that noise?” Maya said, looking around in confusion. “Man, this lab’s got so many weird noises… I’m surprised Ema doesn’t go stir crazy or something.” As soon as Ema was mentioned, she barged into the room. “Don’t worry guys! I’ve got the cure right here!” She said, holding up an eyedropper full of a pinkish liquid. “Just hang on, I’ll have you all fixed in a sec! Oh, hey Maya.” “...Hey Ema. What’re you so freaked about?” “Oh, uh-” she glanced at the table, noticing how only Phoenix was on the desk. “Hey, Maya, you wouldn't have happened to have seen some tiny things that look like people on my desk did you?” “Not that I can remember, no.” “...Oh, no!” She said, squeezing a drop out on Phoenix and soaking his shrunken form before it slowly grew back to normal size.

Maya stumbled over, falling down on the floor. “W-What the?! Nick?!” “Maya! Your stomach!” “M-My wha-” “Your stomach! Apollo is still in your stomach!” “H-HE’S WHAT?!” “Hold on! I-I’ll go get some string!” Ema said, darting out of the room. “W-Wait, where’s Athena?!” Maya panicked, shifting her foot around, unknowingly grinding the poor girl under her heel.


“Just hang on! I saw her fall off the desk. Just stay still while I search the floor, OK?” Phoenix reassured. Although, he was completely unaware of the fact that Athena in fact heard that, and was now attempting to yell. However, covered by Maya’s heavy heel, she could barely get enough air to breathe, let alone talk. So, she did the next best thing, something she was sure she would regret soon; she bit down on Maya’s foot. “Ow! What the heck?!” Maya screamed sharply. “Are you alright?” “Yeah, just something bit my foot… probably a-” “Wait! Before you do anything, take your shoe off!” Phoenix said. Maya shot him a confused look, before her mouth widened in understanding.


She slipped her shoe off, and, sure enough, there was Athena, the size of an ant, plastered to it. Maya quickly peeled her off like a sticker, apologizing profusely. “Omigosh I’m so sorry! I-I didn’t know! I-” “Maya, I don’t think smothering her in your cheek is really helping…” “A-Ah! Right Sorry!” She kept apologizing, as Ema ran into the room with a thin thread.


“Alright, I’ve got the string! Oh! Hey, Athena!” Athena nodded absentmindedly before Maya handed her off to Phoenix, who placed her back on the desk as Ema lowered the string down Maya’s throat, much to her discomfort. “Apollo, if you can hear me in there, I’m sending a string straight down into the stomach! When you grab it, make sure to tug it twice.” Ema instructed, as Maya gagged in agreement. “Mr. Wright, please, take this, and use it on Athena.” Ema said, handing Phoenix the antidote. He dripped the liquid on her shrunken body as she sprung back to normal size.


“Oh! There it is! Two tugs! Hang on Apollo- and, Maya, don’t do anything stupid!” Ema said. Maya attempted to gag in response, but Ema quickly shushed her. “That’s it… slowly… just a little more… there!” Ema said, dangling the slimy string with the little lawyer hanging on for dear life at the end of it, while Maya hacked up a lung behind them.


When Apollo popped back to full size, he was covered in a slimy substance. “It’s over… it’s finally over…” Athena sighed. “So… all’s well that ends well?” Ema said, shrugging. “...Are you kidding?” Apollo said, slumped over. “I know how food feels now, Ema. I don’t know if I’m ever gonna recover…” “Yeah… I’ll never wear sandals again…” Athena moped. “Yeah… but, hey, at the very least I think I can understand how bugs feel…?” Phoenix said, shrugging. “Boss… that’s really unhelpful.” “Can’t you already hear bugs, Athena?” Apollo asked. “Hey, you’re right! …Wait, that just makes it even more unhelpful!” She yelled in frustration, stamping her feet. Phoenix and Ema just awkwardly laughed, as Maya curled herself into a ball, rocking herself forward and back. “I don’t think I’ll ever try Snackoos ever again…” She muttered to herself.


Overall, things definitely could’ve been worse. We could still be small, for instance. Or we could’ve all been crushed by Maya. Or worse! But, thankfully the rest is over. Unfortunately, though, I wasted the rest of the day in the shower. And, in all the excitement, I forgot I had a case tomorrow! What’s worse is Mr. Wright shoved all his findings onto me, and Athena is gonna be busy! It’s all so much, it just makes you wanna shout…

“OBJECTION!”