- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:


Cindy put her hands on her hips, looking at herself in the full body mirror in her room. She looked up and down three times. She wore nothing but a black bra and underwear.
“Still looking good,” she said out loud. She picked up her pink phone from her bed, and she scrolled through her music library until she picked a song. Walking to her bathroom, she sang along as she did her makeup.
“So you wanna play with magic,” she hummed, “Boy you should know watchu falling for.” Her golden hair was long and smooth, and gently fell on her shoulders.
“Baby do you dare to do this, cause I’m coming at you—” After applying lipstick, her thick lips were redder than a cherry.
“Are you ready for, ready for!” Her green eyes shone like emeralds. She finished applying her makeup.
“There’s no going back.”
Cindy put her hands on her hips, looking at herself in the full body mirror in her room. She looked up and down four times. She was now wearing her police uniform. She chose to wear a miniskirt that showed off her long and smooth legs. Her police shirt was unbuttoned on top, revealing a fair portion of her cleavage. She also wore sunglasses and a police hat, as well as leather boots.
“Still the cutest cop on the force,” she winked at herself. Her self-observation session was interrupted by a phone call. It was from Commissioner Hope. She sighed, and answered the call.
“Good morning boss,” she said in an annoyed tone.
“Mitchells,” the Commissioner said, “I need you to come in.”
“Yeah I’m getting fucking ready right now.”
“I meant, on this case. I need you to take over this case.”
“Oh?” Cindy’s eyes perked up, “What’s up?”
“There’s been a murder at 45 Bill Street. A body has been found.”
“What’s the rush Commissioner? This is not like you at all.”
“Just…go look at the body. You’ll see.”


NEWS AT NINE:
Good morning, it is nine o’clock, and welcome to News at Nine, bringing all the important news of Distropolis to you today. I am your host Simon Richer, thank you for watching. This morning a body was found on 45 Bill Street, and has been identified as accountant James Grundy. 35 year old Grundy had gone missing three days ago, and left behind a mother.
“I-I knew that my son had an i-important job. I j-just didn’t know h-how dangerous it w-was. What k-kind of monster would d-do such a thing.”
This murder currently has no suspects, but the police are starting an investigation this morning. We will get back to you if there is more information. Now, on with the weather.


Cindy stopped her police car. She had arrived. From what she could see, 45 Bill Street was a busy place with a lot of houses. A body was sprawled across the middle of the road, and was now surrounded by police cars, officers, and tape. Two male officers guarded the scene in front of the tape. They were both gingers, but one was tall and lanky while the other was shorter and a little chubby. As soon as they saw Cindy approach them, they tensed up.
“Don’t say anything stupid Richards,” the chubby one muttered.
“Why would I do such a thing?” the lanky one named Richards responded, “But seriously, look at her.”
“Cobbler and Richards,” Cindy said with a subtle smile, stopping in front of the two cops and putting her hands on her hips, “The twin idiots.”
“Good morning, Ms. Mitchells,” Cobbler greeted, “What is your business here?”
“Call her Officer Mitchells,” Richards suggested, to which Cobbler responded by pinching his friend’s arm.
“The Commissioner sent me,” Cindy laughed, “You can check with him if you want.”
“That’s quite alright,” Cobbler nodded, “You may pass.”
“How kind of you,” Cindy replied. She put her slender index finger on Richards’s lanky shoulder.
“You boys behave, okay?” she said as she puckered her lips. Richards tensed up, fixing his bad posture.
“You…l-look great today, officer,” he nervously stated. Cindy laughed.
“I know,” she said, winking and walking away. Richards stared as she approached the crime scene.
“Did you ever notice how her ass shakes when she walks?” he said. Cobbler punched him in the stomach.
“Ow!” Richards complained, “What was that for?”
“I told you to not say anything stupid,” Cobbler scolded, “That was like four stupid things.”
“Three stupid things,” Richards defended.
“Break it down for me Rachel,” Cindy said to another female officer.
“First of all,” Rachel said, pointing at the body, “Tell me what you see.”
“Hmm,” Cindy crossed her arms, “He IS cute.” Rachel laughed.
“I’m serious,” Cindy said, “If the murder victim is cute, it becomes ten times more tragic.”
“You really are a shallow person,” Rachel shook her head, “From what I can see, all of the victim’s bones are shattered with seemingly no pattern, which means he must have been crushed somehow. Come on, give it a feel.” Cindy bent down over the victim’s naked body and placed her gloved hand on his chest. Like Rachel said, his bones were crushed and crumpled.
“There’s no other wounds?” Cindy asked, checking the victim’s throat.
“No. This crushing, whatever it was, is the cause of death. Kind of excessively cruel?”
“Unless, that was on purpose. You see how he was just dumped in the middle of a busy ass street?”
“What are you getting at?”
“The killer wanted the body to be found. Maybe we should start thinking about this murder like a message. So the question is not why did he get killed, but who was the killer trying to send a message to.”
“That’s awesome Cindy,” Rachel nodded, “I feel like you’ll crack the case.”
“This is interesting,” Cindy said, using her hand to brush the side of the victim.
“Will you please stop flirting with the corpse?” Rachel asked.
“I’m not. Look, you said he died by crushing but…his skin is perfect. Undamaged."
“And?”
“If he got crushed by, say, concrete, wouldn’t he have bruises or bits of concrete on him?”
“That…yeah, you’re right, that’s weird.” Rachel put her hand on her chin. Cindy’s eyes suddenly widened. She stood up and started walking away.
“Cindy, where are you going?” Rachel asked.
“Do whatever you guys need to do,” she said, “I need to talk to the Commissioner.”


“She put me in between them, and she squeezed. I felt my entire body just get surrounded by her warm flesh, and it pressed into me. I couldn’t move—“

The Commissioner paused the voice recording when the door to his office opened. He looked up to see a stern Cindy standing over him.
“Mitchells,” he said, “Have you seen the body?”
“Have you?” Cindy asked in a serious tone.
“I have,” Hope sighed, “Sit down.” Cindy pulled up a chair and sat across from the Commissioner.
“Why did you want me on this case, Commissioner?” she asked.
“You tell me.”
“The victim was crushed to death, but whatever crushed him didn’t even leave a bruise. It had to be something that was soft enough to not even scrape him, but big enough to crush him to death. And the only explanation is…” Cindy sighed and unbuttoned one of her shirt buttons, revealing more of her cleavage. Commissioner Hope gulped.
“It’s just the most realistic explanation,” he said, looking away.
“You think I did it,” Cindy said, buttoning her shirt back. There was a subtle hint of a laugh in her voice.
“That,” Hope responded, “Or someone is framing you. Now go confess, or find the true killer.” Cindy stood up, ready to storm out of the office.
“Also,” the Commissioner said, “You’re gonna have a partner in this case.”
“A partner?” Cindy tilted her head, “Who?”