- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The promised epilogue, sorry, nothing sexy here, just wrapping up.

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you'll enjoy my next stand alone story.

<><><>

<><><>

Keighlee secured the seat belt, and did a quick check. Jerimiah, Nina, Asha, and Cynthia had piled into the other car with most of their bags, leaving Sarah next to her, Becca in the back, and Molly still inside, saying goodbye and locking up.


"You think she'll be upset?" Sarah asked from the passenger seat.


"That we basically tortured her big brother and he spent two minutes and fourteen seconds in my stomach before I threw him up into the kitchen sink?" Keighlee asked. "Or that Becca drank all her dad's tequila?"


“Nobody told me it was twelve hundred dollars a bottle!” Becca said, her eyes still clenched shut against the sun in the agony of an unchecked hangover. “How was I supposed to know?”


"The thing with Robbie, of course." Sarah said. "I wish I could've been the one to try swallowing him."


"Yeah," Keighlee mused. "We'll get another chance. Even if it's not with Robbie, there's plenty of tiny people out there."


Keighlee shifted around in her seat, a bit uncomfortable nonetheless. She knew that shrunken people disappeared or got squished with a regularity that made the occasion boring, but most of those didn't have rich doctor parents that cared enough to keep them sequestered away from the world in a vacation home.


Molly was struggling with the lock, so Keighlee couldn't tell if the scowling on her face was the result of Robbie ratting them out, or if it was because of Molly's ineptitude with locking doors. But by the time the door had been secured, and Molly crossed the vulgar three story home’s massive gravel drive, Molly’s expression had softened. As Molly opened the door and slid in, Keighlee knew her well enough to brace for a delayed eruption.


“Well?” Sarah asked, preempting Keighlee as Molly shut the SUV’s door.


“It gets stuck sometimes.” Molly said. “It’s fine.”


“No, I meant…” Sarah started before Keighee’s elbow dug into her ribs to silence her.

“How was your brother?” Keighlee asked.


“Oh, he was fine.” Molly said, clicking her seatbelt into place. “It’s weird, he’s normally pretty reserved, but he had a lot of questions, apparently you guys were super loud last night.”


“What’d he ask about?” Keighee asked, keeping Sarah silent with a glare that couldn’t be seen from the back seat.


“Just about the sorority, if or when you guys would be around again.” Molly said idly. “Nothing big.”

There was a brief silence, Keighlee could tell Sarah was more than a little eager to burst with questions or inadvertent confessions, but even as Keighlee threw the vehicle into drive, she maintained a death-stare into the eyes of her much taller friend. It was only after the SUV turned onto the secluded road that lead to the house that Keighlee finally peeled her eyes away to the marginally more important task of driving.


“I had a great time, Molly.” Keighlee said. “What are the chances we come out here next weekend, just to celebrate the new school year?”

“I can’t come. I’ve got to facilitate that intro to sociology class.” Molly said, sounding a little dejected. “But my parents said they don’t mind my housemates using the house, provided you don’t go all punk rock on the place.


“You have my word, it’ll still be standing when we’re done.” Keighlee said.

“Oh, and same thing as before,” Molly noted. “Leave Robbie to his room.”


“Sure thing, Molly.” Keighlee said, noting Becca’s smile in the rearview mirror, and Sarah’s next to her. “Robbie won’t have anything to worry about.”

Chapter End Notes:

<><><>

<><><>

Thank you so very much for reading! Thank you so much for the feedback! I love hearing from all of you!