- Text Size +

Deep in an underground lab 28 year old Dr. Ryan Nevy was researching the effects of different chemicals on animals trying to make a new way to solve overpopulation by making humans more capable of surviving in different environments. So far his tests have been disappointing, having little results, until a small ant showed signs of increased durability and intelligence. Dr. Nevy studied the ant closely to see if he could use this to help humans. After a few months of watching it he noticed that the ant had started a colony and gave birth to thousands of other ants that seemed to have the same abilities, Ryan found this discovery fantastic since if it passed on genetically then humans would be able to pass it on as well.

After a year the colony had become massive and Ryan was focusing most of his time and resources in it. One ant, however, had managed to escape through a small creak and soon other ants followed. By the time Ryan discovered the creak it was too late, the ants had already escaped and many had gotten through the crevices of the lab and out into the world above. The ants spread out across the city rather quickly and made many colonies of genetically modified ants. Back at the lab Ryan was distraught at the loss of such valuable research subjects, but still had a small colony to study so wasn't too worried, after all they were just tough ants. Not all of the ants were gone, however, as one slowly crept towards the giant human and bit him on the ankle. Ryan looked down and saw the ant and went to grab it but suddenly felt dizzy as he passed out.

Ryan later woke up to find himself in a tunnel seemingly made of dirt. He looked around confused when an ant that was the same size as him walked into the tunnel and came up to him, he saw it's antenna twitching before another one came in and they seemed to talk to each other before moving as if to tell him to follow them. As they led him through the twisting tunnels and into a large space Ryan wasn't sure what to do or feel, it was almost too much for him. He then noticed a large ant which he surmised was the queen and the ants led him closer until he was a few feet away from her and she looked down at him with her large eyes. The queen seemed to say something to the two ants and they left the room, leaving Ryan alone with the queen.

Ryan wasn't sure what to do when the queen motioned to the sealed creak and seemed to demand he open it. Ryan looked at the seal and figured that if it got him out of this predicament he might as well and started chipping away at the small piece of glue he used. He was curious why the ants didn't do this themselves until he realized that the glue he used was probably poisonous to the ants. After a short while he managed to get the cheap glue out of the creak and the ants all poured out of the hole, knocking him out with them. Ryan landed on the ground and clenched his sides, the fall hurt like hell but he had managed to survive the fall with no serious injury from what he could tell. The ants had all but scattered and left him on his own on the tiled ground of his now gigantic lab. He tried to think of an escape plan but felt a soft rumbling after a short while, the sound kept getting louder and closer until the large door opened and Ryan saw the titanic form of his 25 year old assistant Claire standing in the doorway wearing a lab coat and her usual attire of jeans, blouse and flats. He started running to her for help when she looked down and seemed to notice him, only for him to hear her say something dreadful.

“Ew a bug escaped” Claire said before slamming her foot down on the miniscule Doctor and walking over to a table to look at some samples and notes. “I wonder where Ryan is, I was hoping to show off my new tattoo” she said as she rubbed a small butterfly tattoo above her left breast.

Above ground some ants had made it to a local playground and a child walked over and picked one up. He looked at the ant before it bit his hand and he put it down and left to go play on the swings.