- Text Size +

Another summer wasted and Drew was facing that reality hard. The 20 year old had plans to go with his best friend to Perspective Center, a mini mall with a bunch of activities themed around shrinking. It was a space for the rich to experience shrinking in a quirky, controlled way. Nothing like the nightmare that was the unregulated use of shrinkage that was sweeping the country. Drew drove up 2 hours to Silverado, only to receive a last minute text from their friend saying they weren’t gonna make it due to waking up late. Having wasted all that time and gas, Drew decided to make the best out of the day and try to distract himself with whatever overpriced bullshit this place had to offer…


he spent the first hour drinking at this bar called the Perch, where the guests were shrunken down into a mini club embedded into the wall. Drew began to choke up seeing as every, now giant, person passing by was having a good time with someone or in a group of people, yet Drew couldn’t even get to meet up with their best friend after months of not seeing each other. It was hard to get in touch with them after they moved away, so this was basically the only chance they had before summer ended and they went back to their respective colleges. Outside of the best friend situation, Drew’s psyche was at rock bottom, he felt more like a nuisance to everyone rather than a friend, a family member, or even a distant acquaintance. 


Frustration kept building up so Drew stood up, not even bothering to pay for his drink, and left the bar to see if the Innerspace Tour n’ Show, Perspective Center’s new attraction, would serve as a decent enough distraction from it all. He bought a last minute leftover seat for the ride and joined the tour group to get a video explaining the instructions. The instruction video was painful to watch due to their pitiful attempts at corporate comedy but the message was clear: the group would be shrunken down and a random passerby would be offered to eat a plate of their choosing, fully knowing they have to eat the tour group, if they accept they get free food and drinks from any of the establishments at Perspective Center until the tour group comes back out using a state of the art sub designed to be brought back out through the mouth using a very low level of magnetism. There would be gimmicks and items slipped into the guest’s food to spice up the experience such as pellets that upon contact with the stomach acid would heat up and blow up causing bubbling, or lights to add ambiance to the dark depths of the stomach. 


Drew couldn’t believe how detached from reality these people were having seen first hand the horrors of watching a stranger get eaten by his aunt, after they started arguing outside of the convenience store Drew worked at, knowing full well that unlike the times she’s eaten a family member as a “joke”, Drew included, this time she was just gonna end up flushing the terrified man down some toilet. These people seeing getting eaten as this theme park attraction just felt surreal to say the least. The staff made everyone wear suits to “protect them from the stomach acid”, but in reality it was so it looks good on social media whenever someone were to inevitably take a vacation pic of their kooky trip into someone’s gut.