- Text Size +

Casey had done it, she slayed the demon king and saved the kingdom. She turned to her party and went to address her cleric when he pointed and she saw the fear in his eyes. She whipped around just in time to see the massive beast rising back up before letting off a horrid screech.

*BEEP**BEEP**BEEP*

Casey opened her eyes and dismissed her alarm as she slowly dragged herself out of bed.

“Damn, that was getting good to” she said to herself as she went into her bathroom and sat down for her morning business. She browsed her phone, liking some pictures of her friends on vacation and checking her emails. After she was done she went into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee and put some bread in the toaster while she went back to her room to get dressed for work. She was a secretary and lived with her best friend, Liz, in a good neighborhood. She finished getting dressed and went back downstairs and was greeted by Liz pouring them both a cup of coffee and saw the toast on the table with a breakfast danish for each of them. “Didn't think we had any of those left” she said as she sat down and took a sip of her coffee.

“I hid them for us, we both know you would have regretted eating it last night” Liz said as she sat down and took a bite of her danish. The two women chatted for a bit before Casey had to go to work and Liz reminded her to stop by the dispensary on the way home. Casey got into her car and drove off to work, not even noticing the small crunch of something under her heels as she stepped out the door.

Liz meanwhile was enjoying the start of her day off, sitting on the couch and watching some tv. She called some friends to see if any of them were free as well but everyone else was busy with other things, leaving Liz with not much to do. With not much else to do she kept watching tv until she remembered that new guy that moved in next door, he seemed like he was cool and she even caught a glimpse of his collection of games and bongs. So after getting dressed in a skirt and light top she slipped on some sandals and walked over to see if he wanted to hang out. She knocked on his door and he opened it and greeted her with a smile.

“Hey, wanna hang out? It's my day off and there isn't really anything to do at my place.”

“Ya sure, what were you thinking of doing? I'm still new to the area and don't really know where anything is” He said as he invited her in.

“I was actually thinking of checking out your collection, I saw that you have quit a bit when you were moving in” Liz said as she motioned to the game consoles.

“Oh ya i got lots of different stuff” He said as he grabbed a couple of remotes and sat down next to Liz as the console turned on and they picked a game.

Casey was finishing up some work before she went to her lunch break. She grabbed a sandwich she picked up on the way to work and sat down at a table and begane eating. After her lunch she got herself a cup of coffee and headed back to her desk and got back to work. A short while later a coworker came up and they had a small chat as she sent out some emails and responded to others.

“Hey have you heard what's been going on lately?” Steven asked as he pulled up his phone.

“No, what is it?” Casey said as she looked at his phone.

“Apparently a new species of ant was discovered and they're pretty strange, way more aggressive than most and they seem to take over other colonies for themselves.”

“Weird, wonder what kind of stuff happened for us to rub off on them haha” Casey said jokingly.

“Right? Haha, well I'll let you get back to it, and if you see any colonies pop up around your place call an exterminator, I've heard this new specieses bite is pretty bad” Steven said as he headed back to finish up his work. Casey barely thought about the new ants at all for the rest of the day, after all she's never had an ant problem in her house since she got Liz to stop leaving a mess everywhere. After she clocked off she got back in her car and picked up some stuff for her and Liz and headed home. She got home right as Liz was heading back from the neighbors house and they walked in together.

“So you checking out the new guy?” Casey asked with a slight nudge.

“It's not like that, me and Ray just played some games cause i was bored over here alone all day.”

“Already on a first name basis, i'm so proud of you” Casey said in a playful tone to mess with her friend.

“Shut up, it's not like you've had any action lately anymore then I have.” Liz said as she looked through the bag of stuff Casey got them.

“I'm not the one that spent all day at a guys house”

“That's only cause you had to work, besides don't tell me he's not a good looker”

“I never said that” Casey said as she slipped her heels off and went up to her room to change.

Chapter End Notes:

If you guys enjoy my stories consider subscribing to my Patreon