- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is the first time I have written in awhile so I apologize if its not super good. First chapter is more establishing the world and the next a more deeper look. As for sizes, Humans are about the size of a pinky or 3-4 cm compared to the giants. Giant's also refer to tinies as tinies despite they are technically the bigger species.

It started with a virus. That's how most things go. 1/3 of humanity suddenly grows to enormous heights while the rest just kinda...remain. Families torn apart, communities in tatters, the world at its ends as its ripped apart.


But humanity survives, it adapts. Giant cities are built, accommodating both tiny and giant individuals (tiny referring to those at 'human' sized). Some cities remain giant and others remain small, it was random which were which.


Towns were the same but there were never any split towns, if you were giant in a small town, you moved to a bigger town. The exception was a tiny family could live in a bigger town if a family member grew, but support was limited and it could be dangerous. Usually, going to the city provided the better alternative.


We start the story with a girl named Samantha (Sam), living in the mixed city of Melbourne.


---------------------------------------------------------


Sam sits in the cafe near her apartment, awaiting her two friends to arrive. Fresh out of school and starting college in a month, the red haired girl takes a sip of her coffee as she looks around the cafe. The small place had mixed staff, the normal humans took orders, made the food items and drinks while scattered everywhere were tiny humans, or tiny to Sam.


These tinies cleaned benches, marked cups to be collected by a weird machine that zipped in the air like a drone and took orders to those who sat down for a longer meal. Sam herself had her order taken this way, the tiny female now sitting in a small seat in the middle of the table, below her was an assortment of cleaning tools to clean the table. Each seat also had a button that sucked the tiny up if they wanted to conversation to be private, usually sending them to the kitchen via tubes.


Sam breathed out in frustration, her phone was flat and as she looked around, not a clock in sight. "Hey, you got the time?" Sam asked the tiny girl, who was currently browsing on her tiny mobile phone. The girl looked up in surprise until Sam waved her flat phone to the tiny girl who giggled. "oh..haha, its 4:15, did you need a refill?" squeaked the girl, seemingly not used to be talked to after ordering. "no, no your all good" replied Sam "Thanks and thanks for the time...friends are late" she added. 


As the tiny blonde girl nodded before escaping back into her device, Sam noticed two girls enter the cafe "finally" she whispered. Two girls, seemingly taller then Samantha, entered the cafe. One was a blonde haired girl, wearing very expensive looking clothing and the other a brunette that wore a hoodie and jeans, both contrasted to the simple dress Samantha was wearing. They both noticed Sam sitting and both walked over.


Sitting down, Amy the blonde haired pressed a button on the table almost instantly as then giggled. The tiny girl who once sat suddenly was sucked into her chair and vanished "love doing that" she mocked as she sat down, her brunette friend Kim smiling as she sat next to her. Sam, unseen by her friends, rolled her eyes as it was a side of both of them she never shared but had many experiences with.


"So...finally coming to Sunny Collage with us girly!" spoke Amy, removing her handbag from her arm and placing it on the table before waving at a nearby device embedded in the wall. "Yes..Mum said since your paying the fee's, she will let me go, expensive place" replied Samantha as a nearby drone hovered over and dropped a small young male, around 18 yrs old. The device Amy had waved too was a sensor to notify they needed a new server and thus the poor, very scared boy looked up to the three young girls sitting down.


"Oh for you it is, but let me worry about that..daddy will buy me anything and he already said yes, so its all sorted" spoke Amy, her red lipstick mouth smiling before looking down at the table and staring at the boy "I want one of those fancy, surgery drinks I see at Star Bucks...and if you don't sell them, make one" she commanded, the poor boy frantically typing into his tiny tablet in his hands. "and for my friend...what did you want Kim" added Amy as she moved her focus to her friend. "umm..coffee...black..." mumbled the quiet girl, seemingly fidgeting in her seat, her hoodie now pulled up over her head, covering her hair. The boy quickly typed into his device before collapsing in his seat. "all ordered, anything else?" he spoke, voice weak from both size and the environment.


"Yes..you can have this one Kim" spoke Amy, the boy looking back very confused. However this did not last long as suddenly a large hand emerged from under the table and grabbed the tiny boy. Black painted nails held the boy in place as Kim's hand returned to under the table. "I wish you didn't do that" replied Sam, rubbing her arm as Kim returned to her very previous state, her expression seemingly void as her black painted lipstick and eyelash hid her demeanor. 


Not long after an average sized person delivered the drinks, including a refill for Sam. As Sam grabbed her new drink and sipped, she watched as the waiter put numbers into the NFC card reader, the amount a staggering $300,000. This was rare but not unseen in the city, under the table selling of tinies. Illegal, immoral...but one of hundreds of schemes that people and businesses set up. That boy, now an item to Kim. And as Amy tapped her very shiny gold card and a confirmation 'ding' was heard, both waitress and Amy smiled before the former walked away.


"love me a good service" spoke Amy.


Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading. I appreciate any comments or feedback and I hope to update this when I can.