- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Here we go, chapter two! Katie wakes up in the body of Primavella, in their home. 

In an location not covered in the game, surrounded by people that weren't characters, can she pull off living as Prima? Or will her cold family break the little one's spirit? 

Katie groaned as she stirred from her slumber. She slowly opened her eyes, staring up at an unfamiliar ceiling. It was formed of gray stone with wooden supports across it. It definitely wasn’t her dorm’s ceiling. 


She slowly sat up and looked about the room. 


This seemed to be some kind of medieval medical bay. Locked cabinets with medicines behind them, curtains that could block out view of others, and a shoot marked “Morgue.” Though as she stared at it longer, Katie realized she read it despite it being written in a foreign language. 


She looked down at herself to check her well being. Katie was laying on an enormous pillow on an absolutely massive bed. The silk dress was still on her, and she felt some cloth wrapped around her head. Likely bandages. 


Katie stood up shakily, feeling a bit light headed. But she stayed up, and tried taking a few steps. Her body felt incredibly weak, as if she was anemic. Whatever happened to her, she would need some time to recover. 


She walked down to the edge of the bed, staring down at the floor. She felt a pit in her stomach as she stared at the drop. It was like standing on the edge of a building… 


Katie backed away and sat down on the mattress. 


“I really…got reincarnated into Primavella?” she asked aloud, staring down into her dainty hands. There’s no way this is still just a dream. How on earth did something like this happen? That weird message when she completely cleared the game…was that not just a program? Maybe there was a god at work or something. 


She sighed and clutched her head lightly. There was still a dull pain in her skull…something must have happened. Perhaps she hit her head before? That could have served as a catalyst for her to take over Primavella’s body… 


“Fuck…I wish I had an aspirin or something…” she grumbled, annoyed from the pain. In the game, Prima never worried about injuries. As a Sacred One, she was strong enough to cast powerful healing magic. She could regrow a severed arm in an instant. 


Wait…if Katie was Primavella…then…


“H-heal” she said aloud, placing a hand on top of her head. Though, nothing happened. It seemed just saying the name of the magic doesn’t work. Especially since Prima never made any sort of chant or announcement when she cast her spells. 


Remembering the lore of the world, the Sacred One could commune directly with the spirits in the world. All she needed to do was express her will and the effects would occur. It’s all based on willpower…so Katie should be able to do it. 


She closed her eyes and thought about wanting the pain to end. Trying her best to express her will to the world without saying it, she felt something foreign. Like…a tension to the air. A wind that rubbed against her, but also wasn’t really there. 


It was hard to put into words…but she tried to focus on that. 


Heal me. 


She tried to convey her command to that mysterious force…and felt her head begin to warm up. Opening her eyes, her head was covered in a green light shining out of her hand. Katie yelped and recoiled, the light instantly snuffing out. 


The sensation faded…but there was no more pain. 


Katie tapped her head a few times, feeling completely healthy now. 

“I…I just used magic! Oh my god I’m magic!” she screamed happily. She laughed aloud and jumped up and down, ecstatic at casting her first spell! 


Nothing could ruin this moment!




Creeeeeeeeeak



The door made a loud groan as it opened across the room. Katie froze up as she looked over, forgetting that she was still in an unfamiliar environment. 


A giantess the size of a mountain walked through the door, looking over to the bed right away. As Katie was spotted, she felt her blood run cold. 

“Oh good! You’re awake, milady!” she called out happily. The woman walked over, pulling up a stool to sit next to the bed. 


She seemed to be an older woman, possibly around her mother’s age. It was hard to say for sure from her long, snow white hair. Whether it was from age or natural, she couldn’t tell. The woman continued to smile, looking affectionately down at her with light pink eyes. 


“U-u-um…” Katie stammered, trying to speak up. “Wh-who may you be, ma’am?” she asked, trying to sound polite. Though as soon as the question left her lips, the woman’s smile vanished.
“WHAT?!” she shouted, slamming her hands down on the bed on either side of Katie. She squealed and curled up into a ball instinctively. “Milady…you…lost your memory!?” 


Katie peeked up at her once more. Thankfully, she wasn’t furious. Instead, there was a deeply rooted look of concern. 

“I…believe so…” she responded feebly. While she still had all her memories…she didn’t think it was a good idea to reveal her soul was from another dimension. 


“Oh milady…how could this happen?” she asked, wiping her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath and made a resolved expression. “Ok! This is fine! Everyone here will support you until your memory returns!” she announced firmly. Her large hands slowly moved downwards, scooping Katie off the mattress. 


It was an odd sensation as the warm skin surrounded her. It was smooth and soft, and smelled faintly of mint. Perhaps from hand soap? 


“Milady, you are Primavella Jansgard. The youngest child of Duke Jansgard, and the only Sacred One in the world. A precious existence that guarantees the survival of our country. You won’t find a single person in the nation of Norn that would ever wish you harm” she explained as she began to carefully carry her out of the room. 


“I am Dr. Yonda Valen, your family’s personal physician. I handle all illnesses or injuries any member of the Jansgard family suffers. Yesterday, you were injured out in the courtyard. A maid was careless and dropped a basket of bread on the balcony. You were below there and one of the rolls struck your head” she explained. 


“W-wait…I was injured…by bread?” she asked, dumbfounded. Primavella Jansgard, the Sacred One, capable of leveling cities with her magic…was nearly killed by a roll? 


“I’m afraid so, Milady. You must have noticed, but your body is special. The spirits blessed you before you were born, thus making you half spirit. A fairy. Your stature is drastically smaller than humans, but in return your magic is much more powerful” she answered. 


Katie groaned slightly in her head. She knew all the basics of the world already. Magic worked by inputting requests to the spirits across the world to change the world around them. She had even just cast magic for the first time a moment ago. 


Not only that, Katie memorized all the magical spells in Fairy’s Heart. Even the magic formulae, spell circles that appeared when casting magic. There were unique markings to each spell, making it recognizable from a distance. Knowing these made combat extremely easy, since you knew what your opponent would cast next. 


Hell, Katie had even experimented with her own magic formulae in the dorm room. If there was a way to test them, she made pages upon pages of new spells to improve the world! 



“D-doctor!” Katie exclaimed loudly.
“Yes, milady? Do you have a question?” the older woman responded. 

“Is there a place to test out my magic? And…possibly, someone to help me test it?” she asked, feeling herself buzzing with excitement. That’s right! She’s magical! She could put her theories to the test! 

“Of course, milady. Your personal study has a separate room for magic practice. You enchanted it yourself when you were younger to ensure it would break the castle walls. As for a practice partner, you have a few options. Your eldest sister, Janice, graduated from the academy a few years ago. Or the magic knight, Jasper, has recently returned from duty. Of course, several of your personal maids also-”
“Any of them are fine, please take me to my study right away! There’s something I need to try out!”

“I apologize, milady. But I cannot comply with that order. The Duke and Duchess requested you be brought before them as soon as you awoke. They have been worried sick about your wellbeing when they heard you were injured” Yonda explained, bowing her head. 


“O-oh…right…of course they would be. Parents…would be concerned for their child’s safety…” she murmured. The game had no details around Prima’s family, besides a few references. Katie had no idea what they looked like, or even what their personalities were. The same went to all the servants in this castle. 


At least she could pretend to have lost all her memories. That would surely clear her of any suspicions they may have of her. But still…she wasn’t sure how she should act around Primavella’s parents. 


After all, as Katie, she hasn’t had any good experiences with family… 


Yonda stopped in front of a large wooden door with the symbol of Jansgard above it, the head of a dragon. She knocked twice before opening the door. 


“Your Grace, Lady Primavella has awoken” she announced as she walked inside. 


The room appeared to be a personal office. Bookshelves lined the walls, with a few couches around a meeting table in the middle. At the end near the window was a large desk, with a large man seated there with a woman standing beside him. 


The man had gray hair and brown eyes, a firm expression on his face. Judging from the air of authority around him, this was likely the Duke. She knew that he gained wealth and power from his many exploits on the battlefield…but wasn’t the true power behind the house of Jansgard. 


After all, in this world women are the heads of the household. 


Standing behind him was a tall woman with sleek black hair and piercing red eyes. She wore a shimmering red gown with a plunging neckline that revealed a large amount of cleavage. Her red painted fingers clutched a fan in one hand, the other resting on her husband’s shoulder. 


“Thank you, doctor,” she said, her voice smooth and sultry. “You may take your leave. Primavella, come here” she ordered, tapping the desk before her. 


Katie stiffened at the firmness in her voice. Was this a cold family, where she was used as a tool? It would make sense that Primavella wasn’t raised kindly, given how much value she placed on responsibility and duty. 


But even if that wasn’t enough to make her nervous…she had no idea how to move over to the desk on her own. She was still held in the kind doctor’s hands, and had no idea how to make her wings move!


“What’s wrong, daughter? I said to come here” the duchess repeated, pointing at the desk.
“Y-your grace, if I may?” Yonda interjected. The duchess glared, but didn’t scold her. “The young Lady…seems to have lost her memories after injuring her head. She has no recollection of the people in this manner, and may be nervous if you speak to her in such a commanding tone” she offered. She looked down at Katie affectionately for a moment before looking back to her parents. “She may also…not remember how to fly. I advise having someone carry her for the time being” she concluded. 


The duke and duchess looked at each other for a moment, exchanging a look.
“Bring her here, and take your leave. We will confirm things ourselves” the duke said in a firm tone. 


“By your command” Yonda said, walking forward. Katie looked up to her with a pleading expression, but the giantess wasn’t looking at her. There’s no way she could have disobeyed an order from the heads of the household… 


With a clearly practiced motion, Katie was gently placed onto the surface of the desk. Back on solid ground, she stood up and watched as the doctor left the office. Alone with Prima’s parents, she clenched her fists to try and keep herself from trembling. 


“Primavella” the duke said. Katie turned around, looking up at his bearded face nervously.
“Y-yes?” she responded. 

“Have you truly lost your memory? Do you know who I am?” he asked. 

“I…I have…” Katie responded. “Th-the doctor said you are my parents…but I have no recollection of either of you. I-I apologize…” 


The duke and duchess looked to each other once more, holding their gaze for several seconds. Looking back down at her, he reached a gloved hand towards her. Katie flinched and held her eyes shut as she saw the large appendage approaching. 


She prepared mentally for a strike…but instead felt something else. A gentle stroking from the top of her head down her back. Opening her eyes, the duke was gently petting her with one of his fingers, looking down at her sadly.  


“Oh Prima…I’m so sorry this happened to you” the duchess said, sniffling slightly. “I should have had someone there to protect you. You’ve always been so strong and independent, I know you don’t like being monitored. But I should have insisted…” 

“You may not remember us right now, but we are your parents. Until you remember everything, just know that we love you dearly. You can talk to us about anything” he said sweetly, giving a sad smile. 


Katie stood there, unsure of how to act. These…were Prima’s parents? The hero of war and the most powerful noblewoman in the kingdom? But…they weren’t cold hearted. They didn’t call her here to scold her, or check on the condition of their tool. 


They were loving parents that were scared something happened to their daughter. 


It was a sensation that Katie had never known. 


Before she even realized it, tears were streaming down her eyes. She lunged forward and hugged the duke’s finger as she began to openly cry. He relaxed his hand to let her safely hold on as the duchess stepped forward to stroke her head. 


Even as she bawled, Katie didn’t feel sad at all. The feeling of genuine, unconditional love was simply too much for her to take out of nowhere. It was meant for the owner of this body instead of her…but she couldn’t help but accept it. When the time came, she’d gladly give this body back and return to being Katie. But for now, she’d relish this time as a beloved child…



















“I-I apologize for my outburst from earlier…” Katie mumbled out, hanging her head in embarrassment. She was sitting on the edge of a platter, holding a crumb of a cookie the size of her head. 


“My darling, you have nothing to apologize for” the duchess replied, a satisfied smile on her face. She took a sip from her tea cup, looking oddly refreshed. 

“Indeed, there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Losing your memories must be terrifying. I’m happy to comfort you anytime you need” the duke chimed in. 

“Honestly, you’re normally so stern. I haven’t seen you cry since you were a little girl” the duchess said, placing a hand against her cheek. “You were so cute back then, always calling me mommy~” 


Katie was blushing a bit as she took a bite of the cookie. This was starting to get embarrassing. Even though it wasn’t her that did these things, hearing that kind of stuff was… 


“Y-your grace, I-”
“No.” The duchess leaned in close, her eyes practically glowing with intensity as she looked at Katie. “It’s not ‘your grace.’ It’s ‘mommy.’ Ok?”
“Your grace, there’s-!”
“Mommy.”
“Your-”
“Mommy.”
“...Mother.”
“Mommy.”
“...m…mo…mommy…” Katie forced out, her face beet red at this point. The duchess leaned back and gave an innocent smile.
“Yes, my darling daughter? What can your mommy do for you?” she asked in a chipper voice. Katie noticed the duke simply smiling blissfully as he observed the scene.


“I’d like to experiment with my magical power. Is there anyone that can carry me there and help me? I think I know how to cast magic, but I’d like to test it somewhere safe first. So I don’t think I need a mage specifically” she requested. 


“Oh, is that all? I suppose your father and I should resume our work. If you don’t need a tutor to start you off again, then a maid should suffice” she stated, reaching down and ringing a bell four times. “If you need anything else, you are more than welcome to come to either of our offices. Even if you don’t need anything, come by and visit sometimes. No, come by my office at least twice a day!” she insisted, seeming to get greedier as she spoke. 


“Your gr-” Katie started before the duchess shot a sharp glare her way. “...mommy, you have your own office?” she asked. 

“Of course I do! It’s the main office in the east wing, it’s much larger than your father’s. I simply waited here because it’s closer to the infirmary” she explained. 


Soon after, there were two knocks at the door before a maid stepped inside.
“Your Grace, I have arrived” she stated politely, giving a short curtsy. Katie quickly recognized her as the maid that carried her to the infirmary earlier. 


She didn’t get a good look at her before due to the pain, but now she saw her clearly. A slightly chubby girl in her early twenties with short dirty blonde hair. The maid uniform hid most of her body, but she got the feeling that she was rather curvy. 


“Frue, Prima has lost her memories, including how to fly. She wishes to practice her magic, so take her to the study. Stay close by her side in case she needs anything. Report back right away if she loses consciousness again” she ordered. 


“By your command” she responded, the same way Yonda did earlier. Perhaps that was the standard for servants around here? 


Frue stepped closer, lowering her hand and setting it next to Katie. After several seconds, she realized that she was waiting for her to climb on instead of just scooping her. 


Katie hopped onto the soft surface of the hand, sitting down directly in the center of her palm. Frue gently cupped her with her other hand before lifting her back up. 


“Your Grace” she said before leaving the room. This maid may be young, but her manners seem impeccable. 



Frue carried her down a series of long hallways and up several flights of stairs. The large corridors all looked the same, and Katie likely would be lost if she tried to move about by herself. 


Eventually, they reached a door made of blue wood. Frue stopped directly in front of it and held her hands close to it.

“Milady, the door is sealed with your magic. Only you can open it” she explained.
“Oh…um…” she stammered, standing up in the hand. She had cast magic earlier…hopefully this would be similar. Stepping forward, she placed a hand on the strange wood. 


Instantly she could feel that strange sensation from earlier buzzing on the other side of the door. She remembered a common spell from the game, and focused on expressing her will in that formation. 


Open. 


A click sounded from the other side of the door and it swung open on its own. 


It was a common spell in the game, used to enter restricted areas or unlock chests. It was the first one Katie ever memorized. 


“Excellent work, milady. I’m pleased your skills with magic are still intact” Frue said with a smile as she stepped inside the room. 


It was a rather simple room, with no decorations and the bare minimum of furniture. No…upon closer inspection, there were many things here. But they were all in one corner of the room, looking like a child’s play area. 


All Prima’s furniture and belongings were doll sized to fit her better. Her bed, her wardrobe, her desk, everything. It looked well made, and likely came from a specialist carver. As a Sacred One, it makes sense that there would be people dedicated to solving her needs. 


She didn’t have time to investigate as the maid carried her to a second door inside the room. Frue pushed open the red door and stepped through. The instant they crossed the threshold, the view of the castle vanished. 


They were suddenly standing in space, somehow walking on an invisible floor. As the door closed behind them, it vanished.

“The Small World spell?” Katie thought aloud. It was a spell in the game that was only talked about in lore books. A spell that could be used to create a portal to a pocket dimension linked to the owner’s personal mana. Very few were strong enough to use it, Felicia herself couldn’t use it at all in the game. 


The kingdom’s archmage could use it, but just as a small storage area the size of a backpack. But this space looked infinite! Primavella’s true strength must truly be monstrous to form a space this large from her mana!


Frue slowly lowered her to the ground, setting her down gently. As soon as she was standing on her own, the maid scooted back a couple steps and pressed her forehead to the floor. 


“I AM TERRIBLY SORRY, MILADY!” she shouted, desperation straining her voice. Katie yelped and jumped back a little at the sudden outburst. She was so calm a second ago! “IT’S ALL MY FAULT MY LADY WAS INJURED! I SHOULD HAVE PROTECTED YOU INSTEAD OF HELPING THE OTHERS! IT’S ALL MY FAULT YOU’VE LOST YOUR PRECIOUS MEMORIES AND SPILLED YOUR BLOOD!” she confessed. 


Katie covered her ears, but still listened to what she was saying. So…Frue was blaming herself for Primavella’s injuries? Looking closer, she was even trembling. She might be the size of a bug, but she was a Sacred One and the daughter of a duchess. If she was blamed for that incident, it wouldn’t be odd for her head to be rolling. 


“Um…Frue?” Katie spoke up. The maid lifted her head, tears streaming down the sides of her face. “I…I’m not upset about what happened, you know? The doctor said I got hurt when another maid dropped bread from the balcony. It’s my fault for not noticing and defending myself. Besides…I hear…that I didn’t like people being by my side before. But…you were the one to help me when I was hurt. I remember you holding me gently in your hands. You carried me to the doctor quickly before things got worse. Rather than mad, I want to thank you” Katie said, stepping forward and placing a hand against Frue’s cheek. 


The surface was so soft that her hand sank in a bit. Her hand may be small, but the gesture alone seemed to comfort the maid. 


“T-truly? Th-thank you, my lady. I don’t deserve your thanks” she said, sitting up straight. “But, if you’ll allow me, I’ll serve you for all my life!” 


“You don’t need to serve me your entire life. If you ever want to leave, I’ll support your decision. But if you want to stay, I’m happy to have you with me” she replied. The maid smiled brightly as she tried to wipe away her tears. 


“Thank you, milady! I’ll continue to serve you faithfully!” 









Once Frue had calmed down, Katie finally began her practice. She had Frue stand a safe distance back before she began to go through her mental spellbook. 


She started with lower level spells, like creating a ball of light or small flares. The formulae are basic and easy to use in her head. So far the hardest part is expressing her will into the spirits. 


But as she practiced, the easier it became. Moving up the list, she could cast the intermediate spells easily after a couple hours of practice. 


She could cast levitate on herself, though struggled to control her flight path exactly. Many quick, jerking motions. Katie tried to get some practice flying without magic, but her wings refused to budge. The fact she was casting magic meant that the wings were undamaged, she just needed to learn how to move them first. 


But that’s a lesson for later. She quickly moved on to attack magic. 


Blasting fireballs, calling lightning, summoning storms. By the time she reached the advanced spells, casting magic was becoming second nature. Her wants and desires could be let out openly into the universe and the universe responded promptly. 


She chose not to practice anything too powerful while Frue was here. Even if the space seemed infinite, she wouldn’t want to cause an explosion that could hurt her. But once she had finished the confirmed spells…came her experimental ones. 


Spells that didn’t exist in the game, including the lore books. Something she had imagined from a mix of inspiration and knowledge from her college courses. 


Summoning stone was a basic spell that converted mana into physical matter. The same happened when summoning water. In her mind, she remembered the process of molecules bonding together to create substances. When she thought about hydrogen bonding with oxygen, the water formed easier. 


Now…she imagined a different chemical formula being formed. Translating it into magical formulae took a deep understanding of the fairy language, but Katie had pulled it off thanks to the internet. 


Focusing on the properties…she formed gold in front of her. 


It took more magical power than any of the other elements, but gold dust began to pile up in front of her. Frue gasped as she witnessed the birth of a new spell. 


Katie was smiling from ear to ear as she ended the spell, touching the gold dust in front of her. It stayed in its form, meaning that it was stable. Her spellcraft worked! Her experiment was a success! 


There were many different spells she wanted to try, but it had been hours since she came in here. The space was seeming to shrink a bit due to all the mana she’s used so far. It was still massive, but she could sense the walls were present now instead of being in infinite space. 


She needed to test one more spell to consider today a success. Honestly this was the spell she had thought about the most since she cleared the game. 


The enchantment school of magic could bestow effects to items. It could make weapons stronger, or armor tougher. A pair of clothes could be harder to pierce than a steel plate without feeling any different than before.


Even bikini armor existed in this world, enchanted by masters that created force fields around the wearer to make them impervious to harm. Though, even then very few people wore them. Going into battle half naked was ridiculous in any world. 


But Katie had a thought before. What about using enchantment magic on a living being? There were buffing spells, but those mostly granted effects to a person’s mana. Then using that mana lets their body feel the effect of the buff. But that effect would fade rather quickly. 


Enchantment magic was permanent as long as mana was supplied to it regularly. Since people could cast buffs, no one has tried to enchant their own bodies. But Katie came up with a theory. Overlaying enchantment magic with healing magic should allow her to cast it onto her body directly. 


By overlaying the formulae together, with a few alterations, Katie focused it on herself. The green light of healing mixed with the white light of enchantment. Her skin burned as Katie cast the spells on herself, clearly rejecting the changes being made. 


Katie bit her lip and tried to power through the pain as she continued on her experiment. It hurt…but not nearly as bad as a tattoo. It was bearable, but she wished it would end quickly. After a few minutes, the magic began to fade away. 


She looked over her body, but didn’t feel any different. Did it work? According to her calculations, her body should now be impervious to physical damage. But there was only one way of knowing for sure if it worked…


“Hey…Frue?” she called out. The maid quickly walked over and kneeled in front of her. 

“Yes, Milady? Are you tired? Hungry? Ready to end the day?” she asked, trying to guess her needs. Honestly, all of them were true. But dinner and bed could wait. 

“I actually need your help to test something. I cast a defensive buffing spell on myself, and I want to see how effective it is. Can you try to hurt me?” 


Frue gasped in horror at the request. 

“M-milady, I could never harm you! You were just harmed! There’s no way I could ever do such a thing!”
“A-ah, I know, I know. I don’t mean seriously! Just…something small. Like…poking or pinning me or something. The buff should be strong enough that it won’t even hurt. I just want to make sure it’s working” she corrected. 

“Even so, Milady! I am your servant! Raising a hand against you is treasonous! If you wish to test your spells, please cast it on one of us instead. I’ll gladly receive a hit if it saves my lady from another incident!” she pleaded. 


Katie sighed mentally for not thinking about this. Of course Frue wouldn’t want to hurt her…even if she ordered it she might adamantly refuse. She’d need someone else to experiment this spell with. 


“I understand…then, can we get something to eat? I haven’t eaten anything since I met my parents” she said, slightly defeated. 

“Of course, milady. Dinner should be served soon, I’ll bring you to the dining hall.” 


Frue smiled and placed her hand on the ground next to her. Katie climbed up on it, fully laying down against her smooth skin. Honestly, this was a rather comfortable way to travel. She might not mind it if she didn’t learn to fly anytime soon. 


Katie nearly dozed off as the maid carried her through the long corridors once more. She was mentally tired after firing off so much magic. While she still possessed more mana than the average mage, she felt like she could sleep for days. 


Honestly, the hardest thing so far was using her own magic. She likely used more magic in that last spell than all the others combined. Perhaps that was the payoff for layering multiple schools of magic on top of each other? 


Come to think of it…she remembered another piece of lore. It was impossible to cast two spells at once, even for the Sacred Ones. The formulae require complete concentration, so attempting to dual cast will simply result in both spells failing to manifest. 


Does that mean…she just pulled off a milestone achievement?

No way…after all, it was technically one spell using two schools. That wasn’t the same, right? Katie looked down into her hands…and tried one last test. 


A small flame appeared in her left hand and a block of ice formed in her right. 


She instantly closed her fists, dispelling both before Frue could notice. She did it! That's easy! Dual casting wasn’t impossible! As long as you maintain the focus on both spells at once, it could work! 


Was this because of how much Katie studied the spellcraft of this world? Or perhaps Primavella’s affinity for magic was this great all along? That means she may have been capable of this much during the story, and simply hid this talent. 


But why…?


“Yo, Frue!” a friendly voice called out from behind. Katie snapped out of her thoughts as Frue turned around to face the newcomer. As she looked up, the last thing she saw was black cloth racing towards her. 


A shocked yelp escaped her lips as Katie found herself crushed under an unbearable weight. The surface pressing onto her was soft and seemed to completely envelop her body. She instantly tried to push it off of her, but it was no use. 


It might be soft, but it was dozens of times heavier than her feeble body. Honestly, getting crushed like this could be fatal. It was comparable to a being buried under a mountain of falling pillows. 


But there was no pain. 


It was certainly uncomfortable…but it didn’t hurt. No broken bones, no cuts or scrapes. Her wings didn’t even feel bent. Looks like the experimental spell was a success!


“Kyaaaa~ Where are you touching, Frue~” the voice from earlier chirped, though muffled to Katie. 

“G-get off of me, Kaya! I’m in the middle of carrying milady!” Frue shouted. The pressure vanished from behind Katie rather suddenly. The small girl instantly began plummeting to the floor. 

“The lady? What do you mean?” 


Katie screamed instinctively as she felt herself falling. Seeing the floor rug fast approaching, she tried once more to fly. Her wings twitched awkwardly, but couldn’t make a complete flap. She closed her eyes and braced herself for impact as she mentally prepared for the pain. 


Wham!


Katie felt her body hit the ground with the full force of gravity. It was enough to knock the breath out of her…but it still didn’t hurt. She gasped for a few seconds, trying to calm her heartbeat back down. It might not have hurt…but she was still fearful of her life in moments like that. It was basic survival instincts to not want to die. 


Looking up, she saw another maid talking with Frue. Though…she couldn’t see her face from this angle. Her chest was large enough that it blocked her view. 


“Why are you bringing up the lady? She can just fly around, can’t she?” the maid pointed out. 

“Have you not been informed? Milady suffered an injury today because of your carelessness! The bread you dropped struck her head. She has lost her memories, including how to fly!” Frue shouted. 


This was the maid that caused Primavella to get injured? Why was she here? Injuring a noble should be a punishable offense… 


“Oh, is that so? I was too busy baking more bread for Lady Priscilla to do anything else today. She’s already forgiven me for spilling the bread too, so I’m in the clear!” she said with a triumphant giggle. Priscilla…Primavella’s aunt? She was staying in this castle too? “Besides…that little monster could use a smack or two sometimes, right? Looking down on all us servants despite not even being human…” 


Frue gasped in shock while Katie felt her blood chill. A human supremacist? People like this existed in this world, mostly discriminating against the demi human population. But to openly talk bad about a Sacred One? Just speaking of it could be considered a crime! 


“How dare you! Kaya, apologize to the lady this instant!” Frue shouted, holding up her cupped hands. The two maids stood in silence for a few seconds. Kaya and Frue were both staring into Frue’s empty hands. 


“M-MY LADY?!” Frue screamed in a panic. She looked down towards the floor, instantly spotting Katie against the floor. A shockwave shook her small body as Frue hit the floor, bowing her head against the carpet. 


“MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES, MY LADY! I FAILED TO PROTECT YOU ONCE AGAIN!” she shouted, visibly trembling. 

“F-frue, it’s ok. It’s not like I’m hurt…” she started saying. 

“Wow…she looks kinda nice like this. So small and pathetic on the floor…” Kaya spoke from above. 


Katie turned upwards and shivered. The maid had short pink hair and golden eyes. Her expression wasn’t that of a servant that injured her master. It was that of a cat that spotted her prey. 


“Kaya!” Frue shouted, looking up at her as well. “Apologize this instant! You might be Lady Priscilla’s personal maid, but your rudeness has gone too far!” 

“Right, right…” Kaya said, crouching lower. “My bad, ladybug. Sorry” she said without an ounce of sincerity. There was a clear smile of superiority on her face as she stood up and began walking away. 


“Kaya!” Frue shouted after her. When it was clear she had no intention of turning back, she looked back to Katie. “Lady Primavella, I apologize for my negligence as well as my colleague’s actions. Are you harmed, my lady? Shall I take you back to the infirmary?” 


Katie stood up and brushed off her dress. 

“It…it’s fine, Frue. I am completely unharmed. And despite her rudeness, I’m willing to forgive Kaya. Through her actions, I got to test the effectiveness of my buffing spell from earlier. Therefore, I’ll consider this matter settled” she said, walking closer to the enormous maid. “Now, please continue escorting me to the dining hall.” 


Frue looked at the small lady in front of her, eyes wide and sparkling. Such a benevolent person…her lady was truly a kind master. 

“At your command, my lady,” she said, gently cupping her hands around Katie and lifting her up. Slowly rising back to her feet, Frue carried Katie down the hall with a brilliant smile plastered on her face. 










“Fuuuuuuuuuuck me~ I never thought she’d be that cute~” Kaya moaned to herself as she entered an empty room. Seeing that little lady on the floor…it was simply exquisite~ Fantasies flooded her mind of crushing that little bug under her feet played over and over. 


Watching her beautiful face twist and contort in pain sent shivers down her spine. Hearing that arrogant insect begging her, a mere servant, for mercy. Drool escaped her lips as she thought about all the other ways she can torment that little lady. 


Maybe if she was good to Lady Priscilla, she’d give her that bug? They were already planning to rip her wings off and make her powerless…it wouldn’t hurt to let Kaya have her fun as well, right? 

Chapter End Notes:

There it is! 

Sorry for so much lore dumping and magical info. I promise to include more genuine interactions after this chapter! Thanks to her spells, she won't get injured very easily.


But that doesn't mean she's out of danger...