- Text Size +

Thump. Slosh. Thump. Thump. Slosh.

 

Yae’s sonorous heartbeats mimed the gentle sway of her stomach contents. The quietude of Aether’s impending destruction, as he watched the dissolving masses of meat sink into the digestive vat, not to be seen again, was maddening. The vision he had of his friend Yae had become warped. When Aether was larger, she was an individual who saved his life multiple times. Who would occasionally tease him and others, always seeming to be a couple steps ahead. After being treated less than the dirt under her toes, viewed at with indifference before being thrust into the caress of her ferocious mouth, and then being thrown away into a chamber that served to emasculate and abuse him, Aether couldn’t help but think of her as a callous goddess in his delusional state. He must have offended her divinity in some way. The traveler tried to recollect how he had erred. Except his memories were melding with falsehoods that conformed with his current environment. How he was always a small vagrant beneath her feet, whose purpose was to worship the ground she stood upon. He would spend the mornings cleaning her body of morning sweat. How he was treated as a stress toy for the divine fox, if something irritated her, he would be the punching bag. The many times she would threaten to crush his limbs or devour him for any misdemeanor or transgression. He would end the night licking the dirt off her feet. Just as the fantasy in Aether’s maddened mind said he was devoured. For a failure of worshipper like him, there was only one fate. 

 

Schluk 

 

Aether punched through the sodden food that was below him, allowing the chyme to leak through his raft and drag him under. This way he could provide sustenance for his divine master. A fate above a miscreant like him. Oh, what a magnanimous goddess she was, allowing him this opportunity to provide for a greater being.

 

These were the thoughts that led to the delusional traveler to sink himself into the thick and meaty mixture of acid. A sense of calm spread over his body before his senses finally noticed that he was immersed in a sea of fire. His body struggled as he mindlessly opened his mouth. The chemical rushing in through his throat before his face could break the surface. Through the beginning of his death throes, the traveler had found the vocal capability to scream in pure agony. 

 

Schluk. Splash.

 

Not acknowledging new bolus of food falling into Yae’s stomach. The divine belly already replacing him with suitable sacrifices.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yae had begun to eat the limited edition dish as Nana had finished scolding Sayu for her truant behavior. Sayu looked down apologetically before turning her attention to the scrumptious meal that Yae was consuming now as she sat down. The three of them currently at the Grand Narukami Shrine. The dish was much smaller than the Rice Cake bowl that Yae had earlier. The kitsune at least appreciative of the taste, however her stomach had begun to groan as the bolus had begun to dissolve in her stomach.

 

As Sayu observed the food, considering if she could ask for a bite. She had heard something that Nana couldn’t. Something that Yae normally would have heard of her ears were back to full performance. Something that her ears were rapidly returning to. Sayu’s ninja trained senses picking up on the agonizing wails originating from Yae’s stomach.

 

“Uhm…did you eat someone?” Sayu asked with trepidation. Yae took a moment, thinking that the fireworks must have affected her and that must have missed her saying “eat with someone.” Yae had placed another portion of her meal within her yawning mouth. Chomping down on the delicacy before swallowing.

 

Gulp

 

“Why yes, I invited Aether for lunch. Unfortunately, when I was done, he was nowhere to be found.” Yae punctuated her sentence with another piece of meat puréed with the organism plopping into her mouth.

 

Gulp

 

“What a delicate balance of flavor. Aether really did miss out when he left.” Yae thought to herself as she lifted another piece up.

 

Gulp

 

Sayu shivered in abject fear. She may have been sent to assassinate Aether once, but she couldn’t go through it in the end. In front of her was a monstrous lady who was able to do the unthinkable with a casual smirk on her face. Sayu watched the last piece of the Gourmet Supremo special lifted to Yae’s saliva-laced lips. Wetting the food as it went through her passage into the dark, red, and velvety mouth of the predator. Watching her chew as her ears wagged before she gave a definitive swallow.

 

Gulp

 

“Now that was divine.”

 

“So, you’ve eaten other people before.” Sayu asked as fear continued to grow within her. Yae looked at her, puzzled as to how she would know about the thunderbird. Although, the way she was shivering, she was just asking for a little pretend or role play.

 

“Why yes, I’ve eaten creatures many times my size.” Yae crept closer to the frozen Sayu. “Do you want to meet the previous head shrine maiden?” Sayu nodded in refusal. “Oh, but she wants to meet you.” She tugged Sayu up to her abdomen, Sayu heard the yelling for mercy, recognizing that it sounded very much like the traveler.

“She has been so lonely since she became adipose lining my belly. Would you want to join her?”

 

Buuuuauuurp

 

The Gourmet Supremos dish had an unintended effect on Yae’s bowel system. Forcing some gas to escape her enteral system. The first place it had escaped from was Yae’s mouth. The spittle flying at Sayu’s face. Yae brought her hand up to her mouth in surprise. “Oh, I’m so sorry about that. I don’t know what came over me.” Before she could continue, Sayu had collapsed into Mama’s arms in shock, fainting on the spot.

 

“Sorry about that. I swear sometimes I wish that the girl took training as seriously as she does these games. I’ll make sure to let her know that you were joking when she wakes up. Have a nice night Guuji Yae.” Nana said as she carried Sayu over to a nearby guest lodging. The Sun was nearly below the ocean line. Dusk inevitable. Yae stretched, feeling tired after her long day and hearty meals. She placed the disposable container in a nearby trash receptacle before returning to her private abode.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

This was a hellscape. It was unmerciful experience after unmerciful experience. The blinding pain Aether was experiencing, it was like being split by a white-hot knife. Slowly from the top of his head and down along his midline. It was this pain that dispelled his episode of psychosis. That he wasn’t providing sustenance for a divine goddess beyond reproach. Rather he was accidentally consumed by his unaware friend. Who would occasionally tease him before leading him to the right path. A path that seemed to currently winding deeper towards Yae’s innards. Her pyloric sphincter hungrily gulping the mixture that the traveler was dissolving in. The chyme funneled through the next part of the digestive journey as Aether remembered who he was and all the good things he did in Teyvat. His tenure within the pool of acid tore open gashes of his skin. As acid pushed through the wounds it exposed the bones of his limbs. Subjected to the whims of the acrid mixture, the skeletal structure of his appendages bleached from the enzymatic damage. Aether’s blood diffused out of his open wounds, muddying the chyme red. His abused genitalia had long since fallen off. Through the poisonous lake, he could feel a liquid seeping through his eyelids. Blood and humor gushed from his eyes as Aether lost his sight. The acids cleaving through the layers of his face. It would only be a short time before they would reach his brain. His more immediate attention was drawn to the molten lava that was moving through his insides. The acids that he stomached earlier, making rapid work of his visceral organs from the stomach down. Throughout the digestive cycle, Aether’s body bobbed up and down the surface of the red blood pool from hell. His hair falling off as his body was pulled up by the undercurrent before being pushed back down by the meal that Yae had eaten. The acids that went through the gashes in his lower body met up with the acid that traveled from his throat. This collision of waves resulted in an increase of pressure. The corrosive elements within broke down his superhuman musculature, new wounds opening from the inside for the digestive liquid to escape through. In exchange, with a direct path available, fresh chyme entered the formerly empty space. The overflow of acid had thankfully desensitized Aether to the pain. His burnt nerves now numbing him to the pain of his lower body. Aether coughed up blood, as his midsection separated. The uneven distribution dissolving the skin and joints of the traveler’s lower body far swifter that his upper body, which floated up to the surface. Facing towards the walls of the stomach. What was left of his brain took solace in the reduced pain. His diaphragm broke apart as the acids waded in and out close to his vital organs. Aether thought of what he wanted to do, of the dreams he could have had and his sister who he still had to find.

 

Yae laid down on her bed. She had removed her attire and laid down. A slight frown on her face. She might have been too dismissive earlier as her concerns turned towards Aether. Maybe she should have gone with Ayaka and Paimon to search for him. It was uncharacteristic of him, and she is usually such a good judge of character.

 

Gurgle

 

Even if he did leave, I might have gone too far for what was his last day here in Inazuma. The next time I see him, I’m going to make sure that I’ll nurture our relationship. 

 

Glorp

 

A relationship that will likely end one day as she had lived for centuries, bidding farewell to many people before. Although, if there is one thing that her longevity taught her, it was that partings with friends should always be amicable. As those are the memories that remain with us.

 

Buaarrrp

 

 

The pressure on the stomach walls closed in on Aether’s body, crushing his vital organs into a bloody purée of flesh and bone. The lungs deflated and the heart split in half. Their remnants dripped out of his body cavity. Unrecognizable from the fleshy remains of the other organisms that were used to make the limited-edition dish, which bubbled as the soft grey matter oozed out of the traveler’s cracked cranium.

 

Pffffrrrrtt

 

Yae felt a release of pressure in her abdomen from the expulsion of gases. “Oh, maybe I shouldn’t have had that second meal.” Her ears now fully recovered; she heard the intestines eagerly slurping up the remnants of her meal. A soothing sound that caused Yae to close her eyes. She wished the best for Aether as he slipped into her duodenum, and she slipped into her dreams.

 

Schlurp

 

Aether had finally escaped from the stomach. The two halves of his body guided by the peristaltic of the intestines. Bile squirted out from the duodenum, wetting his remains in a greenish liquid. His pale skin had now turned a sickly yellow. The eyes that Aether used to gaze at the world were now just empty sockets, having been melted by Yae’s personal elements. The green liquid primed his body for further digestion, as he had more to give to the caressing walls. A different type of digestive fluid from the vomitus in the prior chamber submerged Aether. The fat and musculature that composed his body slowly lost their adhesion to his skeletal structure. The rib cage and skull poked out as his skin sloughed off. The pile of meat, fat and bones that composed Aether was carried along by the microscopic projections of Yae’s small intestine. The transit swift as more digestive chyme from the stomach joined him.

 

Pfffrrt

 

Unable to control her bowels. Yae let out a bit of odorless gas as she turned around in her bed. The exhaustion left upon her body was slowly swept away by the recuperative effects of a good night’s sleep and meal. The traveler helping her out once more before he finished with his journey.

 

Slosh

 

The liquid that ushered the traveler along with the intestinal projections of the small intestines had mostly vanished. Now replaced with a brown sludge. The product of the essentials being absorbed by Yae’s walls along with Aether’s protein and fats. Aether’s skeleton and his vision were all that was left. The traveler’s gastric journey finally reached a calm as the peristalsis that ushered him along had slowed down. He now reached a larger cavern known as the large intestines. The sludge that now carried him had also filled up his rib cage. The brown liquid still burbling, brought a gas bubble within calcium dearth cavity. The gaseous mixture bulging out against the traveler’s rib cage, before snapping it off his spinal cord. The aqueous components of the liquid were drawn away from the gaseous sludge, condensing it as the mass plowed over the next corridor of the large intestine. The bones that supported his lower body finally snapped into two halves. As a pile of fetid material compressed his pelvis. 

 

Still dark outside. The fecal matter had exerted a considerable amount of pressure on Yae’s colon, causing her to frown.

 

Pffffffrrrrrt

 

Her blissful smile returned, obviously the product of a blissful dream and a healthy body. The sun peeked over the horizon.

 

The fetid material that was composed of the traveler’s meal, and a small part the traveler himself, had encountered the condensed shit that was Yae’s meal. The traveler’s skeleton was pushed in betwixt these two.

 

“Hhhhmmmm.” Yae stretched, pushing her covers outwards before it flopped to the side. It was a new day that she greeted with an open-mouthed yawn. One in which she felt quite a bit refreshed and energetic. As she stood up against gravity, she noticed a strong pressure over her rectum. “I guess that I could change up my schedule today.” Relying on her recovered hearing, Yae had not heard anyone moving around or awake this early morning at Narukami Shrine. If they were, then someone may have been able to glance at Yae’s uncovered form. She confidently strutted towards the Sacred Sakura tree that offered blessings to the populace of Inazuma. An unspoken secret to the mystical effects of this tree was a daily maintenance ritual that Yae completed occasionally.  A much more casual affair as she had picked up a Yokai book for her reading pleasure. Heading over to the side of the tree facing the cliff. She let the fresh morning air wash over her body as she slightly squats over the base of the tree. Her ethereal tails were let loose, fanning over her ass. From within her anus had peeked out the first of many finely sculpted logs. Deemed useless for the organic foundation of her body, it slipped smoothly out of her bowels and atop of the roots. The souls that were consumed in the process of the completion of the meal would be repurposed as the foundation of the centerpiece of the shrine. The logs steamed outwards under the morning sun. The scent surprisingly attracted a couple birds as Yae engaged in her reading pleasure. One had flown a bit too closely, as Yae had taken advantage of the opportunity. Her gaping maw lunging forward to the foolish bird. She snapped her jaw over the humble helping of meat

 

Gulp

 

The squirming morsel slipping down her throat and into her stomach. “I can be such a glutton.” Yae thought to herself. She strained as a particularly bulky piece of shit had reached her anus. Yae’s bud expanding outward as what was probably the last of her lunch had slithered out. With a contraction of her muscles and the natural peristalsis of her colon she had ejected this following log over the first one. The bulk of her movement squishing the first log into the roots. Afterwards, her movements became smoother with only a slight bit of exertion and pricks that came from Aether’s remains.  His legs being the first to poke out of her entrance, being attached to a small log that was prematurely pinched of by her anus. The next log followed without pause, caked with the ribs and upper spine of the traveler. Yae paused from the effort she had exerted and turned the page. The next log that dropped held the arms and fractured lower jaw of the skeletal structure. Each passing log containing more of the bony fragments of the traveler. His hair peppered throughout her shit. One of the traveler’s hands reached out towards the sky as if I’m searching for help from the fetid pile. Once again Yae had reached an obstruction. This final log not being that large, but the traveler’s cracked skull was caught on a weird angle on her pucker. Yae ceased her exertion before offering a prayer.

 

“I’m sorry for your passing, and I’m gracious for the life you have provided for me. Not a single part of your essence is going to waste. Your souls tethered to the refuse that will fortify the Sacred Sakura tree for centuries to come.”

 

Her rectum now relaxed, the skull had slightly crept outward of the anus. Such that when Yae had exerted pressure to force the final piece of shit to begin its spiritual duty, the cracks of the skull increased. The bones trembled in the face of her might before shattering into many fine pieces. The white sprinkles floated down from the sky. Yae’s pucker high above as they settled back onto the fetid ground. The literal Titan standing up once more, noticing the bones jutting from her pile. “Hmmm. I guess that must have been from the bird that I ate yesterday.” She chuckled, recalling when the traveler had looked at her agape when she plucked one from the sky before shoving it down her gullet. Why should she, it was a natural part of life for smaller and weaker existences to be consumed by their stronger counterparts. Probably any of the other females at Inazuma would have done the same if the morsel appeared appetizing enough for their palate. Although Yae did find it a bit odd as the bones of such birds don’t usually withstand her digestive system. However, she could not be bothered to focus on such thoughts as she had other duties to attend to.

 

“I wonder what Ei is doing right now…”

 

The feces left behind would slowly sink be subsumed by the roots. From within the spiritual tendrils would guide the novice spirits into the cornucopia of ethereal existences, animals and humans inlaid within the tree by Yae after being consumed by her. 

 

Several weeks had passed after the traveler’s mysterious disappearance. It just so happened that Paimon had also vanished without a trace during the Ayaka company’s search for him. In the end, all parties involved assumed that Aether and Paimon had both found each other before heading off to their next destination. The citizens of Inazuma assuming they would see them eventually whenever they decided to return. It was currently the Sakura Festival, and a beautiful one at that. Individuals from Inazuma and Watatsumi had decided to ignore their differences and gathered to celebrate the peace and prosperity. The Sacred Sakura tree far above the island shining brighter than ever this year.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope that you enjoyed the story.