- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Twenty consecutive chapters!

David looked at Hazel, as he also got lost in thought.  Zoey noticed the subtlety of David’s face, and knew something was up.  Zoey remembered her past talks with Hazel.  On Thursday, Hazel said, she almost kissed him, was there any development there? Zoey thought.

“Did something happen between you two?” Zoey asked.  “Huh?  Well, kinda this morning, she kissed me on the cheek,” David said.  “Really, and what did you think?” Zoey asked, very interested.  “It was nice, I guess a full kiss would’ve been moving too fast, because me and her haven’t spent a lot of time together recently, and it might’ve set the wrong tone,” David said.  “I understand, what else happened today?” Zoey asked.  Zoey thought for a second.  I know she likes him, and I saw how sad she was every time she missed out on seeing David.  So, why didn’t she kiss him?  Zoey thought.  Zoey looked down at David on her desk.  If she kissed him, it probably would’ve felt like she was forcing him to do it, or like a price for being taken to class.  Hazel might not always seem bright, but when it comes to peoples’ feelings she’s incredibly observant, Zoey thought.

David told Zoey about the rest of his day, going over classes with Hazel and Emma.  Zoey was very impressed to hear that David got away from Aubrey, but she still questioned the intensions of his choice to be in Penelope’s butt.  Before she forgot, Zoey asked David about Monday, since they didn’t have a talk yesterday.  David told Zoey everything that happened Monday, and Zoey was pretty concerned about what happened at the MMA club.  David told Zoey about the mall, and the policy surrounding him leaving campus, which Zoey seemed interested in.  Then David told Zoey about his little kiss from Leah that he got.

“A kiss on the back of the head?  That’s odd,” Zoey said.  “Why?  What does it mean?” David asked.  “I don’t know, let’s check,” Zoey said, looking it up.  On the internet, it said, precisely what Leah said.  A top of the head kiss shows affection, a close bond, and a sort of protectiveness.

Zoey turned back to her document, and David marveled at the amount she had written.  “Wow, you’ve written like a hundred pages,” David said, looking at the computer, as Zoey scrolled down on the document.  Zoey looked at David.  David’s gotten a ton of attention from girls today, if he becomes friends with them, he might stop hanging out with me, I mean, me and Hazel, Zoey thought.  Zoey saw that David was distracted by the document.

Zoey leaned forward, and puckered her lips.  If this new, Leah girl can get away with kissing David after spending like 4 hours total with him, then I could kiss him too.  And, since we’ve been friends since day Wednesday, I should have a closer bond, Zoey thought.  Zoey was mere millimeters from David’s head, when he turned around to look up at her.

“That’s amaz-“ David was cut off, as Zoey’s lips pressed against his face.  As soon as Zoey saw that David turned, around and stopped talking, she immediately pulled her self away.  Zoey and David were both speechless.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, why, why did that happen, that was not how it was supposed to go!  I would’ve given him a little kiss on the head, and said, something cool, like I’m here for you, whenever you need me.  But he turned around, that was  full on kiss.  My first kiss, why?!  Zoey thought, dying on the inside.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA again, first falling in Hazel’s mouth and now this, why does this keep happening?! David thought.  That was a real kiss too, but she didn’t mean it did she?! David thought, also dying a bit on the inside.

“Hazel.  Hazel!” Zoey said.  Hazel took off her headphones, and turned around.  “Yeah?” Hazel asked.  “We’re done here, can you take David back to his room?” Zoey said.  “Or course,” Hazel said, excitedly getting to her feet.  Hazel walked over to David and offered her hand.  David was too lost in thought for her gesture to register.  After a second, Hazel just lightly plucked David off the desk, and held him in her hands.  “Leeeet’s go!” Hazel said, walking out of the room, leaving Zoey alone.

Zoey was able to calm down and take a few deep breaths.  “Okay, okay, okay, this is fine, I kissed my best friend’s crush, but it was on accident.  I mean it’s not like I like him, that way,” Zoey said.  Zoey looked down to between her legs, and was repeatedly reminded of how he felt, knocking into her privates.  “Nope, that is absolutely the wrong thing to be thinking about, I should just get to bed,” Zoey said.

***

Hazel made it to David’s room, and was let inside.  Jenna was walking into the bathroom, and just waved at the two of them.  Hazel sat down on David’s bed.  “You were talking with Zoey for a long time, you must’ve had a big day,” Hazel said.  “Yeah it sure felt like it,” David said, still a bit in shock from Zoey’s kiss.

Hazel set David down on his bed, and she sat on the floor in front of him.  “It was so nice to see you again today,” Hazel said.  “Yeah, those days without you were, off,” David said.  “Yeah, I feel the same,” Hazel said.  David looked into Hazel’s eyes, as his heart rate got faster.  This is just like on Thursday, we’re alone and there’s all this tension, David thought.  Hazel felt it too.  It’s like Thursday, he looks like he feels something too, we talked about it this morning, but things like this don’t always make sense.  Hazel closed her eyes and puckered her lips.  David looked at her.  She, she wants me to kiss her, but Zoey just kissed me, even though it was an accident, I still need to process that, David thought.  David stood up on his bed.

Just then, Jenna walked out of the bathroom, “Ahh, do not go in there for a while,” Jenna said.  David expected Hazel to leave the room after Jenna interrupted again, but she didn’t budge at all.  David walked closer to Hazel’s face, and Jenna couldn’t help but watch from a distance.  David walked to his left, and to Hazel’s right cheek.  David planted a kiss on Hazel’s right cheek, pushing his face into the soft skin.

Hazel felt David’s actions and opened her eyes.  “Thanks, for today, Hazel, good night,” David said.  Hazel had a disappointed look in her eyes, but she smiled through it.  “Good night Davy, I’ll see you later,” Hazel said, leaving the room.

“What was that?” Jenna asked, after Hazel left.  Jenna sat down by David’s bed with a big smirk on her face.  “That was nothing just a kiss on the cheek,” David said, walking away.  “Not so fast, where’s mine?”  Jenna asked, plucking David off his bed with her thumb and fore finger.  Jenna set David down in front of her face.  “What do you mean yours?” David asked.  I’ve been with you since day one, you kissed that Ashley girl, you just kissed Hazel, so I think I deserve at least a kiss on the cheek,” Jenna said, putting her head on the bed in front of David.  “No way,” David said.  “Either you kiss this cheek, or these cheeks,” Jenna said, patting her butt.  “Ugh, fine,” David said.  David walked up to Jenna’s face and kissed her cheek.  “There, happy now?” David said.  “Yes, I am, do you want one too?” Zoey asked.  “No, thanks, just get to bed, I’m tired, David said.

David got into bed, and lied down facing the wall, and Jenna turned out the light.  “Hey, you’re okay, right?” Jenna asked.  “Yeah, I just have a lot on my mind,” David said.  “Well, if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me,” Jenna said.  “Thanks, but I’ll be fine,” David said.  “K, goodnight fart cushion,” Jenna said, taking off her clothes and getting into bed.  “Good night, fart monster,” David said, before falling asleep.

***

Hazel walked back into her room, looking disappointed.  “What’s up?”  Zoey asked.  “Nothing, I kinda tried to get a real kiss again?” Hazel said.  “You did?” Zoey asked, very interested in knowing what happened.  “Yeah, but he just gave me a kiss on the cheek,” Hazel said.  Zoey relaxed a bit.  “Well, that’s good, a lot better than nothing,” Zoey said.  “Yeah, but he was acting strange, like he had someone else on his mind,” Hazel said.  Zoey stopped, choosing her words carefully.  “Well, he did have a big day, he’s probably tired, but I’m sure you two will get together,” Zoey said.  “Yeah, I hope so,” Hazel said, getting into bed.  The two said good night, to each other, and went to sleep.

***

That night, David had a hard time getting to sleep, his heart was still pounding from everything.   Okay okay I gotta think about this, Zoey just kissed me, but it was on accident, so I should talk to her about that, she probably wants to stay friends.  Hazel just basically asked for a kiss, but I kissed her on the cheek, because…why?  I could’ve kissed her then, but we talked about this earlier.  I have a lot going on now, because of my bet with Ava, so I should be focusing on getting into the MMA club.  Jenna asked for a kiss, but that felt like her brand of messing with me.  Leah kissed me on the back of the head earlier, but she said not to read too much into it.  Then we talked and now I know that Skylar probably has a crush on me, that’s great, wonderful even, I should ask her out.  That’s why I first got interested in the MMA club, right?  But, again, I should wait till after the bet is over.  Incase I lose, having a girl friend will get messy if I have to live with Ava.  I haven’t seen Ava in a while, I wonder what she’s up to.  No, I should forget about that, I won’t lose, I refuse to lose.  Then Sarah told me that Skylar’s not the only one with a crush on me, was she talking about Leah, or herself or Ashley?  Ashley, David thought.  David remembered what it was like to kiss her, something unlike any kiss that he’d gotten.  Ashley, she’s an amazing girl, so pretty, and kind.  I really like her, but do I like her for her, or because she’s the only girl that I’ve been with at my size? David thought.  David remembered what Scarlet had asked him yesterday.  If Ashley and Scarlet switched places, would I have kissed her? David asked himself.  I need to feel someone again.  I need to shrink someone again, to test this feeling I have, David thought.  Is that bad?  It’s bad if I do it without permission, so I could just ask someone, but who?  Jenna?  Maybe, that could help our relationship.  Skylar?  Yeah, after I get into the MMA club and win the bet… the bet that means I won’t be Ava’s roommate…shoot.  If I lose this bet, Ava could very quickly find out about the shrinking.  She’d keep it a secret, right?  I don’t want to take that chance, but if she does shrink, being her roommate wouldn’t be all bad, David thought.  What am I thinking?  This is crazy, I just, I just don’t want to feel alone, David thought.  David turned in his bed and looked over at Jenna.  David remembered what Jenna had told him Wednesday night, “I’m here so it’ll be okay, I’ll make it okay,” David whispered to himself remembering what Jenna said.  David was soon able to go to sleep.

 

Source for the kiss info:(The Real Meaning Behind Different Types Of Kisses (thelist.com))

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!