- Text Size +

Sofia was on her way home to her parents and fear began to spread in her mind. She wondered how they would react when they saw that she had now become a giant. When she got home, she stood outside the door and carefully put Aksel down on the ground. He looked up at her with a reassuring smile and said, "Don't worry, I'll try to explain to them what happened." Aksel went up to the door and entered. Sofia could see the lights being turned on in the house and she could hear her parents' voices. Her mother cried and her father debated whether he should lie. After a few minutes Aksel came back. Sofia could see her parents coming out. They looked up at their daughter who was over 50 feet tall. Sofia couldn't handle all these emotions anymore and started crying. "Mom, dad, I'm so scared," she said as tears streamed down her cheeks. Her parents ran towards her and embraced her hand. After a while they all went into the backyard so Sofia could get some rest because the military was going to pick her up and take her to a new place to live. Sofia laid down, and Aksel came over with a blanket for himself. He went over to sleep by her side after a long day. Part 1 ends here.


The sun hit Sofia's face as she started to stand up and looked around at herself. She could feel the familiar feeling of sadness. It wasn't a dream. She had truly become a giant. She continued to think about why this unknown disease should strike her. She looked down and could see that Aksel was also getting up. He sent her a smile.

After a while, Aksel ate some food, but Sofia didn't get any. Her parents could tell she was hungry, but because of her huge size, it wouldn't help to feed her food that would normally feed 100 people. Suddenly they heard a sound outside by the road. It was the military that had arrived. One of the men came up to Sofia's father and said, "Hey, we're here to pick up your daughter. It might be a week before you see her again."

Sofia's father looked at him puzzled and asked, "Why do we have to wait a week?" The soldier replied, "It's just some rules. We just have to get a few things sorted out before she can come back." Sofia's parents were not happy about it, but they had to give up and trust him.

Sofia went to a huge truck where she could sit, and Aksel was about to follow. But he was stopped by the soldier. "No, sir, you must not come," he said. Aksel became angry and objected: "But it's my girlfriend. I'm here to support her." The soldier looked at him and said, "Okay, jump in. But if we ask you to go home, you will." Aksel looked at Sofia, nodded and jumped into the truck. Then they drove towards the unknown place where the military was supposed to look after Sofia.


Of course! Here is the revised version with more detail and clearer wording:


Sofia and Aksel drove in the truck for over an hour. As time passed, Sofia could feel her hunger getting worse and worse. Aksel, who was down on the floor, could hear her stomach rumbling, and he looked up at her and asked, "Hey, Sofia, are you okay?" Sofia looked down at him and replied, "No, I haven't eaten since yesterday and I'm so hungry." Her stomach rumbled again, even louder, when they felt the truck stop and the big tailgate open.


Sofia and Aksel carefully got out of the truck and were surprised by the sight that greeted them. There were so many other girls who had also become giants. There was a girl about 10 years old wearing a bathing suit and another girl who was maybe 18 years old. Aksel could see about 20 giants in the room. One of them shouted, "Hey, Sofia, down here!" Sofia looked down and saw a man coming towards her. He introduced himself as Simon and told that he was one of the leaders here. He said, "We have a place where you can stay for now."


Sofia looked at him happily and replied, "Thank you, Simon. You seem so friendly here." But then her stomach rumbled again. Simon heard that and laughed a little. "Yes, that's true. I'll show you around a bit, but maybe we should wait and get you some food first." He looked at Aksel and asked: "And you're Aksel, right? You're her boyfriend?" Aksel looked at him and replied: "Yes, I am. I'm here to support her." Simon nodded and said, "Okay, just follow me and I'll show you where you can get some food."


Sofia got out of the truck and stood up. The other giant children looked over at Sofia, but looked away again. Sofia felt sad again. She had not expected that there were so many who had been affected by this disease. But she continued to follow Simon, hoping that the new place would offer her relief and food.






Of course! Here is the revised version with more detail and clearer wording:


Sofia couldn't help but look around. It was a strange feeling to be so big. She had to bee careful when she walked around so she wouldn't step on the little people walking around. Suddenly she saw a girl eating some food. Sofia had never seen so much food at once in her entire life. Simon said, "Hey, you can just go over and eat. If you need a toilet, he points to a big door on the wall. There's one in there. We're working on a solution so you guys can too to bathe, but it's a bit difficult right now." Sofia looked down at Simon and thanked him. Then she moved on to the other girl.


The other girl had short red hair and was eating eagerly. Sofia took a spoon made of wood and began to eat the unknown food. When she put it in her mouth it tasted weird, kind of like chicken? She continued eating when she heard the girl speak to her. "Hey, I'm Gwen." Sofia looked over at her and held out her hand. "Hi, I'm Sofia." Gwen looked at her and said, "Cool, I see you're new here." Sofia looked at her and replied, "Yes, it happened yesterday at my prom." Gwen looked a little sad and replied, "I'm sorry to hear that, but I promise you everything will be fine. I've been here for 5 months. I help the town lift heavy things and help the other girls to get better." Sofia looked surprised and asked, "But you look so young. How old are you?" Gwen smiled and replied, "Oh, I'm 11 years old, but I've always acted more grown up than my age. Gwen and Sofia started talking and had a good time. Aksel unfortunately had to go home, but Sofia was fine and a new friend