- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Collaborative story written and edited by both myself and The Count.

Tags indicate content that is either present at the moment or will be included as the story plays out.

The introductory chapter is mostly scene setting, but from Chapter 2 onwards, the torment is only going to get worse...


Author's Chapter Notes:

Yuri infiltrates the Forger household, and Yor shows him just what she thinks of tiny spies.


Yor was everything to Yuri Briar - his whole world. Yor had always been there for him, putting him through school, providing for the two of them by any means necessary, even cooking meals that were full of vital nutrients… And with a unique flavour. She was more than a sister - she was like a guardian angel! She could do no wrong. She was his inspiration for joining the State Security Service, so that for once he could protect her and the rest of the country - and ensure she could always have a smile on her face.


Truthfully, he was a bit shocked at how easy the training for the SSS was - the ‘mock’ interrogations barely made him flinch, as they were no match to what her sister had put him through on accident - it wasn’t her fault of course, she didn’t know her own strength! And the poisons and druggings they were exposed to were even more of a joke; the tear gas had no effect thanks to the tolerance built up from his sister’s lethal cooking. After passing training with flying colours, he proudly assumed his hidden role in the secret police - even if Yor didn’t know, it was enough to be protecting her like this… and besides, it kept her from worrying about him.


He felt like he was living his dream life - until that man showed up and stole his sister away. He even married her in secret! No normal person did that - regardless of how nice he acted on the surface Yuri knew there was something fishy about the man, ‘Loid.’ Luckily, a man in the secret police had… methods he could use to investigate. 


Yuri let out a small sigh of relief as he snuck into the Forger’s apartment building, appreciating the building’s air conditioning - it was a scorcher outside. He quickly snuck upstairs while ensuring no one had the opportunity to see him, ducking into the cleaning closet on their apartment’s floor. Yuri smiled, knowing the riskiest part was over, as he held up the two small vials and the tiny outfit he had borrowed from the SSS investigation lab. Shrinking and regrowth formula, as well as a tiny sneaking suit that would fit his temporary form.


Yor and Loid wouldn’t be back for hours, and even if they did get back before he finished his investigation, no normal person would even notice a man an inch tall hiding in their home without knowing he was there to begin with.


Stowing his clothes and the regrowth solution behind a full storage rack - easily accessible later, but undetectable to anyone who might enter the room - he took the full shrinking formula in a single swig, tossing the empty vial into a trash bag and waiting for it to take effect. It only took half a minute for colours to blur together, and he quickly lapsed into unconsciousness… awakening a few minutes later, exactly as planned. Slipping into the suit and pulling on its mask, he peered into the hallway from under the door, confirming the coast was clear before sprinting the whole way to the apartment’s entrance. Just as he had estimated during his last visit, the gap under the door was just small enough to crawl through…


And he finally entered the Eden that was his sister’s lovely apartment! He savoured the scent of the air with joy. Even that man living here couldn’t ruin the lovely smell his sister left, keeping the place spic and span - it was like he was in their childhood home once again!


Yuri shook himself out of his reverent daze, knowing the entranceway was the worst place to be if anyone came in. It was time for a quick look through the common area, then straight for the bedroom and office to find what that man might be hiding… He began what was now a surprisingly long trek, past the kitchen, dining room, to the common area… Where he spotted the glint of something under the table! Had Loid bugged the place? He really was a spy!


But no, as he got under the table, Yuri was disappointed to find it was just a shiny button, most likely off of one of Anya’s outfits. Dropping it with a sigh, he turned to make his way for the bedrooms - when a loud click rang through the apartment, and a tell-tale squeak alerted him that someone was home. Dammit, someone had come home early? He hid behind the table’s leg, peering from behind it as after some clattering in the kitchen, Yor appeared around the corner, wearing a casual outfit and carrying a pastry on a plate, along with a fork.


Beholding his sister like this from below her table was completely different for Yuri, however - he felt like a bug in the presence of a glorious goddess, each step she was taking towards him threatening to shake him off of his very feet… And her legs, wrapped in those form-fitting black tights, stretching up like skyscrapers toward her cute red sweater… He could barely make out her beautiful face from this vantage point before it was obscured by the table. As the quaking got worse, Yuri scrambled to circle the table leg as she passed, barely staying on his feet as giant, beige, heeled boots the size of a house crashed down in front of him, just a few inches away. Even if he wasn’t noticed, she could easily snuff him out on accident! As soon as she was distracted, he would have to make a run for somewhere safer…


Yor let out a contented sigh as she dropped onto the couch, setting her plate on the table and bringing her attention to her stuffy boots - today had been so hot it felt like a tropical storm had developed in those poor things. She quickly untied and pulled the rather damp boots off, first the left, then the right, wiggling her toes with joy as they were exposed to fresh air, a rather enjoyable feeling after an early day of work.


She considered giving her feet a quick massage, but thought better of it - it could wait for after she finished her Danish. Grabbing her plate off the table and resting her feet on the floor, she cut off and took a large bite of the pastry - until her trained assassin eyes detected movement - a bug.


It was her responsibility to keep the apartment clean, she had to dispose of it before Loid got home! On instinct she launched her fork through the air, deftly pinning the very edge of the pest so as not to make a mess. She blushed as she realized she might have been a bit rash - hopefully, the holes in the floor wouldn’t be too deep… She brought her napkin with her to grab the bug and survey the damage - only to drop it as she got close enough to look at the bug. That was no bug. It was a tiny SPY. In her home. Threatening her new family.


This had to be dealt with.


Yuri had thought he could slip away while Yor was eating, but it seemed he’d underestimated her watchfulness and accuracy as a fork hurtled toward him like a bolt of lightning, piercing right through the toughened spy suit and into the floor. He knew Yor was strong, but this was just insane! Yuri frantically tugged at the pants to rip free, but they felt like steel fibres - even frayed like this he couldn’t tear them. So he was stuck as his big sister came to take care of him - and as she stood looming over him, staring at this tiny darkly dressed man, he felt a wave of murderous intent emanate from her, her face becoming deadly serious in an instant. Yuri had never seen his like… this… before.


He was roughly grabbed into her fist as she easily tore him free of the fork, plucking it out and tossing it onto the table behind her carelessly as she stood up and slowly, silently made her way back to the couch… calmly analyzing this bizarre incident. As soon as she sat down, the interrogation began.


“Let’s cut to the chase, we both know why you’re here,” Yor said, as Yuri’s cold sweat grew worse - had she actually figured out it was him? Was that even better than the alternative? “You were sent here to spy on my family… and that’s why I need to know who sent you, and how much they know. Westalis? Traitors? If you lie to me…” Her eyes focused in on him and her grip grew even tighter to emphasize her point. “…You won’t live long enough to regret it, understand?”


Yuri frantically nodded his head, terrified by his big sister’s swift shift of personality. His mind was racing, weighing whether he should tell her the truth - and judging from this reaction ruining their relationship, which he valued above all else - or keep his mouth shut. In the end, his SSS training won out: stay strong and silent, and stall for a chance to escape.


“...So you’re choosing to not answer? You’ll tell me, or else…” Yor’s tone grew darker and more menacing by the second. But then, as she opened her mouth to continue, she froze - she heard Loid’s footsteps coming up the stairs outside. She had only about 15 seconds to find a place to hide this tiny spy before Loid came in, and somewhere he couldn’t escape if she couldn’t immediately retrieve him.


Her eyes shot around the room, evaluating the multiple hiding spots and quickly disqualifying them one by one. Then her eyes landed on her boots.


They were perfect.


She brought her fist over the opening to her right boot, which she could still feel moisture rising from - and unceremoniously dumped the little cretin inside.


Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed the introduction to the biggest mistake of Yuri's life!

Not sure exactly when the next part will be posted, but we might try and aim for the story to be posted weekly or fortnightly until completion. Suppose we'll have to wait and see, but I can guarantee thing will get far, far worse for the Yor's tiny brother from here on out.