- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Tags will expand as the story does but represent what is already written or planned.

They always say sometimes you never know when lifes about to change, until you can only look back and remember how it was. This definitely feels like one of those times.

If you were to ask me what I was doing that last evening, at this point I don’t think I could even tell you. Probably a very normal evening, some video games, cooking food then going to bed. Just a normal Tuesday night. Or, I think it was Tuesday, not really sure anymore.

Next thing I knew I woke up on the floor of an apartment with nothing but some clothes and my phone. That probably doesn’t sound too bad, but i didn’t mention the most important detail, I was tiny. Like, proper small. Comparing myself to things I could find I was less than half an inch tall, a speck!


My panic turned into determination. Sitting on the wooden floor freaking out wasn’t going to help me that much I knew. I needed to figure out where I was, find something to hopefully eat. It took a while, but I began my exploration.The living room was a simple couch, coffee table, facing the TV. An hour long climb up onto the coffee table ended in disappointment as I discovered it was clean with nothing on it besides an empty soda can.

I sat down for a minute, at the very least it offered a higher view around and I could see there was a kitchen off of the living room. That seemed more promising, so I slowly climbed back down to the floor and headed that direction. At my tiny size everything took forever, and it was another 2 hours of casual walking to get closer to the kitchen. I could run, but until I had found food I knew I needed to conserve energy.


Crossing the open floor really drove home how tiny I was. Every direction was just flat nothing with mountainous furniture and walls in the far far distance. It was cool, but also terrifying. I could tell I was going to get better at walking if I was going to live long. After a long, and very uneventful walk the floor gave way from hardwood to some tiles, and I gazed around trying to make my next move.


I could see a countertop, with cabinets above it, I could make out some things on top of it, but not what they were, the table also looked like it had something on it, but was going to be a lot harder to climb, so I opted for the cabinets. Fortunately at my tiny size even smooth surfaces could be scaled, I wound up feeling like spiderman as I climbed up the wooden side, able to find plenty of grooves and hand holds.


At my smaller size it felt easier somehow too, I had rock climbed before but never this far, and found myself feeling lighter. Getting over the lip i collapsed onto the countertop. The climb was long and I needed several minutes to collect myself before I stood up and nearly jumped in excitement as it became clear it was worth it.


The countertop has some fruit in a bowl I could scavenge off of as well as a pop-tart that looked like it may have been opened and nibbled on already. Jogging over I was ecstatic to finally put something in my mouth and quickly grabbed a chunk of an apple. Satisfied after a minute of just straight gorging myself I headed over to the pop-tart and enjoyed some of that too.

Settling down onto the counter I decided I may as well camp out near the food for now, and spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what had happened. My phone had no cell service, there was wifi but I needed the password, so until I figured that out i was alone. Thankfully i had bought the crazy battery life model so as long as I wasn't using it a ton i had days of charge.


I still remember that first day, ingrained onto my mind. I spent the rest of the day exploring the house a bit more, still puzzled as to where I was, and how or why I got there. I spent a lot of time exploring in and under the living room. There wasn't a ton of interesting thigns, some very stale crumbs, dust. It was on my 2nd day though that I found something perplexing.

Underneath the couch, I found scraps of clothing. Specifically, me sized clothing. A torn shirt, and a single shoe as if thrown here, or maybe blown here. I had to double check I wasnt missing a show. Was I not the first? What had happened to them? For now they would remain mysteries.

Two days later I was sitting on the counter when everything changed. The faintest thud and the click of a lock as the front door started to open.


Chapter End Notes:

Setting up the story. Let me know what people think of the first person. I have gone back and forth on it, but someone that inspired a lot of this story thought it was neat so here it is. I may swap to third person though if people would like it better!