- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Also sorry for the weird formatting. The spacing got a little weird copying it over from the site. 

 

You can read the complete story so far at Smallara.com. Where updates are posted on weekdays Monday through Friday. We are on the normal summer break where I pause updates for a few weeks to take a break. However normal update schedule will resume in September and continue on until Christmas. 

# # # # #  # # #  # # #  # # # # #  # # # # # # #  # # # #  # # # # # #  # # # # # #  # # # # # # # # # # #  # # # # # # #  # # # # # # # # #  # # # # # # # 


You can read the complete story so far at Smallara.com. Where updates are posted on weekdays Monday through Friday. We are on the normal summer break where I pause updates for a few weeks to take a break. However normal update schedule will resume in September and continue on until Christmas. 


Jordan pushed the grass aside wishing he had some kind of knife to cut through it. He could feel the burning in his legs as he pushed forward tired from a night of running and fumbling away from his home. He knew he needed to get help as much to his surprise Smallara was real. He had long had his doubts about if it was real. However, now that he had been reduced to this state and spent the night fighting through his own backyard. He knew without a doubt it was truly real. Once the Smallara virus once it had reduced its victim the only known cure had to be applied within 24 hours or the effects would be permanent. 


Now as the sun continued to rise in the sky and the air grew hotter and hotter. The distant chirping of birds gave Jordan pause but he tried to not think about it even though his first instinct was to drop to the ground and slink along the floor. But taking such a drastic action would slow him down too much and while Jordan was unsure how much time had elapsed exactly since he shrunk. He knew he was running out of it.  


Jordan could see through the tall green stalks of grass that he was nearing a home but he wasn't sure whose home it was. It had been hours since he had dipped underneath the fence in his backyard. But, the vastness of this yard made it impossible for him to gauge which yard he made into. He was starting to believe he was going to run out of time as it would still take hours to get to the door at this pace and he wasn't even sure what he was going to do when he got there. It was as if that very thought concluded that the door opened and closed loudly. He watched a giant young girl walk out of the house towards the garage. Jordan tried to shout and gain her attention but the grass was much too tall and his voice was quite meek which was almost immediately enveloped and lost by the vast void outside world. It was the first of many realities that Jordan would come to face. 


A couple of minutes later a loud rumbling reverberated across the land as the giant returned only this time she had a giant lawnmower she was pushing in front of her. Jordan gulped as he desperately tried to press on knowing now that he needed to find help and safety. As he looked on at the giant lawnmower true fear enveloped his body. It was somewhat unbelievable how that could be a simple lawnmower.