- Text Size +

You can experience the full journey from day one at smallara.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The fall air made Jordan shudder as he sat in Sara’s hand helpless to alter course. The outside reminded Jordan of just yesterday when he was in Dayton’s yard and almost killed by an insect. The entire experience was sobering for Jordan who found himself having to face the reality that while this all may not be the ideal situation. It's measurably better than life with Dayton or getting killed by an insect.  

 

Sara walked down the driveway towards her car as transferred Jordan to her other hand without much thought. This left Jordan looking down and into her purse as she dug around for several seconds before pulling out a large set of keys.  She pressed the button to unlock the doors then dropped the keys back into her purse.  

 

Jordan was fixated on what to him was the massive purse. The idea of being confined to her purse and bounced around with all her other stuff was humiliating to Jordan. The feeling of being trapped quickly overcame him as he briefly remembered his time in her purse the first day.  

 

“I don’t understand why you are so scared of my purse. It’s going to be a part of your new life. Like I will try to limit your time inside of it but it's pretty unavoidable.” Sara said, looking down at Jordan and seeing the look on his face.  

 

“How would you like giant wallets and tubes of lipstick coming at you from all directions?  Plus, it constantly beats against your leg, so you get jarred constantly. It’s not exactly the best way to travel.” Jordan said with a huff. 

 

“I can maybe clean out a compartment for you or something to make it a bit more Jordy-friendly. But it could be worse. Imagine if you were found another guy. You would be shoved into jean pockets when you couldn’t ride on their shoulders. Oh, not to change the subject. But I should tell you. You are getting much better at being my little makeup buddy. After some testing and basic foundational knowledge of colors and brands, I really think you will be an essential part of the morning routine.”  

 

“So, about that.” 

 

“You don’t need to say anything else. I got you. We’re friends, Jordy. I know how frustrating this is for you.  That’s why I’m going to help you and work on quizzing you—every step of the way. Being a guardian is about empowering your underbred, and how better to empower you than integrating you into my daily preparation? How will I be able to get ready without my little makeup buddy? Ellie doesn’t have a makeup buddy.” 

 

“I’m just going to say it. I don’t want to be a makeup buddy. I don’t know anything about makeup. I’m the least qualified person for this.”  Jordan said, hoping to get his point across. 

 

“New things are always hard. I’m not going to let you give up at the first sign of adversity. We will just have to work harder. I’m getting low on supplies anyway. I was going to let you relax in the habitat when I went. But I will take you to Ulta with me to get new makeup. This will be perfect. You can be part of the process to help you get more comfortable. That extra familiarization with the step of grabbing the makeup for me and dropping it into the basket while teaching you what colors WE like.” Sara said as she reached down and gave Jordan a pat. “I really appreciate you voicing these concerns so we can work through this adversity together.”