- Text Size +

You can now read the full Smallara journey up to the current release at Smallara.com
~~~~~~~~~


“Hi Sara!” Kayla said nervously as Sara approached her. Jordan saw the blonde and brown hair spilling out of the teen’s beanie on either side while Kayla looked over at him. He was surprised over how shy and timid Kayla was. As most of the people Sara was around were larger than life personalities. Jordan wondered if such a girl could survive Sara and her friends. As it seemed like Sara’s personality would engulf her.

“Hey Kayla! Thanks for inviting us out.” Sara said as she bounded over while clearing her throat rather loudly before she finally turned her head and her eyes bore down on Jordan before he understood that was a message for him to introduce himself.

“Hi…umm…I’m Jordan.” Jordan said, stammering a bit as addressing people was never his strong suit. Especially now with people who were what felt like a hundred times his size.

“Sorry Kayla, I’m still training him. This is my underbred Jordy. He’s very happy to meet you. He’s been talking practically nonstop since I told him about this.” Sara said plucking Jordan from her shoulder as she whispered “Remember your manners. Best behavior” quiet enough so that Jordan could hear it but still with a stern enough tone Jordan could tell she was serious.

“Hi Jordan. It’s nice to meet you, I’m Kayla. Let me introduce you to my sister.” Kayla said as she unzipped her purse. Jordan eyed the smallish purse thinking that this girl’s sister couldn’t possibly be in there.

“Kay, what the hell. You can’t you just stuff me inside your purse like that. Do you have any idea how cramped it is in there? Not to mention it reeks of your bubble gum like everywhere” The young woman shouted as Kayla pulled her from the small purse and held her out in front of Jordan. “Oh my god, Kay! Who are these people? I can’t be seen like this. You haven’t even gotten me makeup yet and I’m wearing sweatpants. I look like I’m you. Oh my god.” The small woman said frantically embarrassed as she pointlessly tried to hide herself as she dangled in the air in front of Jordan and Sara. “This is so embarrassing. I look homeless. I thought we were getting Coffee or something not meeting people.”

The small woman was unsure if she had ever been so embarrassed in her life. She had her hair pulled back with nothing really done to it. She couldn’t remember feeling so unkept before as she was dangled before these strangers in her sister’s oily grip. She wanted to be anywhere but here at this moment but with her giant little sister. However, after taking a few deep breaths she started to compose herself as well as she could.

“Sorry for my little sister. Shes socially inept. I’m Kelli with an I never a Y.” The small woman said in a perky tone as she waved to Jordan.

“Thats so cute how she still calls you her little sister.” Sara said as she smiled at Kayla. “I didn’t even know you had a sister, Kayla.”

“Yeah, she never lets me forget it.” Kayla said with an exasperated voice and a bit of an eyeroll as Sara motioned towards a central plaza area with tables and benches.

Sara lowered her hand down for Jordan to climb off of it onto the table before she pulled the chair out and sat down. Jordan watched as Kayla lowered her sister Kelli down causing the small woman to stumble a bit before falling to the ground. Jordan hadn’t seen many other guardians but started to understand what Sara meant by saying she was skilled compared to most. As even with his brief time with Ellie riding her shoulder was more like riding on a mechanical bull and now seeing how Kayla set her sister down it was much clumsier.

“Watch it, Kay. Could you be any rougher with me?” Kelli said as Jordan extended his hand to help her up.

“Thanks, my little sister is just out of training. So, it’s a bit new for us.” Kelli said as she looked around trying to get her bearings. While still a bit self-conscious.