- Text Size +

The residents of Avegaard took in their new surroundings as well as they could through the crushing darkness. Where moments ago they sat under a sun-lit, cloudy sky that promised rain, the metropolis of 1 million now lay in a pitch-black world, hot and humid. Those that were not immediately panicking from their sudden teleportation looked up and out, spying a shape in the darkness. The news media and military used advanced cameras and optics to try and discern the nature of the object, which seemed to surround them on three sides, North, East, and West. Finally, a man posted an enhanced image from a news helicopter online, showing what lurked beyond in the dark. Pale legs, knees facing upward, meeting together in the North behind a pair of black athletic shorts. The legs looked freshly shaved, what hair was present would be difficult to notice were it not for their current stature, and were well toned. The man guessed that these must be the legs of a woman, perhaps a rather athletic person. The city's North side ended just before her crotch. From either East or West her thighs towered over them, the tops barely visible if one cranes their neck. Their sky touched the tops of her thighs, leading the residents to realize a bed sheet covered them. The image spread like wildfire as the people of Avegaard fell into full on riots, no one knowing why they were on the ocean-sized bed of some woman. Soon, their wondering would end as the ground quaked. People felt their bones shake as the legs stretched out, her distant toes flexing outward. Suddenly, the sky opened as the sheet flew eastward. Gales of cold wind blasted through the city knocking people and trees over, causing major injuries. Through the mighty wind the people heard a noise which drowned out all others, commanding everyone's attention and freezing them in terror. MMMRH. A... groan rang out from the far North. This was the last sound the 1,000,000 souls of Avegaard heard, because immediately afterward the thighs of the woman slid over to the West. The wall of muscular flesh flattened all like a steamroller. Buildings constructed to withstand hurricanes and earthquakes found themselves instantly turned to dust. The thousands screaming on the street were popped, their bloodied remains mixing with the concrete and metal. The residents of the Eastern neighborhoods received a beautiful view of the destruction before her titanic thigh rolled over them, too, as though the rest of the city was nothing more than a fold of her mattress covering. There were no survivors.


<Can you see anything else?> Julia typed frantically to her sister.

<there's shit under the bed. this lady doesn't clean i guess lol>

<I can't see if the girl is awake or not. Fuck, Hannah I'm scared>

<me too. it's gonna be ok>

<i'll get the next train to bevil once dad gets released>

Julia's heart lurched, <They haven't let him out??>

<still waiting. the nurses said he's stable now i guess they just want to do paperwork still>

<That's stupid.>

<yeah. it's good though. we'll get to you soon. ily d84;a039;>

<I love you, too. Please be safe.>

Julia locked her phone and stared up at the bedframe to the East. The same bed had occupied her condo’s field of view and her mind for the last hour. That was how long the city of Bevil had been sitting on the dusty floor. Once the capital of their nation, now they were a large stain next to some smaller stains on top of old hardwood. Bevil was connected by rail to three other cities, and the government decided to let people use the rails that were somehow still intact to travel around, and get to family and loved ones. No one knew what happened or how to get back home, so most are just trying to find some semblance of familiarity. Julia knew that Hannah and her father would have to muscle past surges of people likely also trying to leave Atwald City, being the closest to the giant’s bedframe. There were eight million people there, so the trains must be overloaded. Hannah’s a smart young woman, she thought to herself. And Dad is, well, Dad. They’ll find a way home. The rest of their family was here: her grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, even friends of their family. All that was missing was Julia’s sickly father, and her younger sister. Please, God, get them here quickly.

As she delivered an update to the rest of her family, crowded together in the condo, they all froze as the loudest thing any of them heard rang across from the bed. Creaking of gigantic springs, followed by the scraping of skin over silk. “No. No, please!” Julia begged to the heavens for it not to be true. But her prayer was unanswered as two massive legs crashed to the floor. One foot the span of Atwald City crashed to its North. From her vantage point Julia saw an orange sheen adorned the woman’s toenails. It looked cracked, like she hadn’t painted them in a while. The second foot swung down from above. Julia looked away, but heard the impact. Crunch. A series of explosions followed as the woman’s left foot stepped right on the city. Finding the courage to look, she saw more than half the city was dust. Fires surrounding the toes were quickly snuffed out as she flexed and stretched them, pounding the rubble underneath. Buildings spared the direct impact soon collapsed as the floor groaned and shook. The woman lurched out of bed, the force of pressing on the frame knocked yet more buildings over, even shaking Bevil. Julia craned her head up to see the face of the killer. She had black hair, thin and straight that ran down to her chin. Julia reckoned even if she was normal-sized she’d be tall, maybe 5’10’’. Her shoulders were built and strong, complimenting her well-toned biceps and legs. All she wore was black shorts, her small chest and tight stomach exposed to the cool, dry air of her bedroom. Her pale face was adorned with freckles, each one the size of a city block. But there was no expression on her face, her sharp chin and high cheekbones sat neutrally. Her eyes were half-open, light green irises peeked out staring straight ahead at the wall. “Oh fuck. She’s still asleep!” Julia fell into grief-driven panic as the woman’s foot rose from the ruins of Atwald City and stomped outside the capital. The rail lines that sat between crunched like little twigs. Her condo building shook violently, and nearby buildings creaked at the impact. Soon, her other foot moved, slamming right into Ciel, the city situated to the North. The entire city disappeared under the sole, any explosions quickly snuffed out. Population of 3.5 million. All crushed by some woman who doesn’t even notice them. The other foot moved again, and Julia’s family cowered together, praying as they expected their end. But Julia saw the wrinkled sole of the woman move right over them, and felt a slam to the West soon after. “S-she’s leaving us. She’s sparing us!” Her aunt said in a panicked stupor. Julia just looked at her, grief overtaking her adrenaline, “H-Hannah… She’s gone. W-why-“ Julia fell to tears as her grandmother embraced her. They may live still, but cherished family was lost, and the survivors spent the next hours mourning and remembering the victims of the woman’s steps.


Sitting atop the towering structure one could only assume to be a dresser, the mighty and warlike city of West Ionia observed the giant woman’s assault on the weakling cities at her feet. Seeing her annihilate millions as though her steps were nuclear bombs inspired the more sadistic jingoists among them, but most were just plain afraid. The entire military, trained for decades to counter a potential invasion from the imperialist dogs in East Ionia, was now on standby to combat her if she got close. The Ionian Science Academy, the greatest scientific institution in their world, was hard at work to find some way of getting their 3 million people back to their home. Wherever that is in relation to this bedroom.

Meanwhile, the brave and valiant warriors of East Ionia sat just behind their mortal enemies. Only for them, they seemed to be in some kind of enclosure. Advanced East Ionian sensing technology led their leaders to conclude that they were, in fact, trapped in a jewelry box, with ankle bracelets, necklaces, and rings strewn haphazardly about. No one understood how a metropolis of 1.5 million could fit inside of a decorative box, but no one cared. All they wanted to know was who was to blame. Concluding that this was obviously a conniving scheme of the treacherous West Ionians, the East Ionian military was on high alert, ready to strike anything which came out of the darkness or beyond it. The Academy of Ionian Science, the best scientific institution in existence, worked their staff to the bone to develop a way out of the box to find the West Ionians and teach them a lesson in fair combat. They were confident in their abilities, having regularly outwitted the charlatans at the Ionian Science Academy. But before they got the chance to flex their scientific prowess, a series of large rumbles shook the city. Faintly, sounds of collapsing buildings and exploding munitions could be heard from outside the box.

The giant stopped her walking and suddenly shifted directions right for the dresser. West Ionian jets scrambled and missiles flew to begin a barrage that would overwhelm any nation in their home world. The woman paid no mind to it, eyes glossy and half closed. The missiles hit her naked breasts and left no marks, no damage. Jets dropped bombs and spun out as her body generated drafts the strength of a tornado. After three steps, she was upon them, their air force decimated by her mere movements. The army fought with the intensity of a cornered bear as the woman stared ahead. The artillery and gunfire doing precisely nothing to her. Suddenly, her throat moved and her mouth opened. “MY-GRMHH-NECKLACE-MRHMMM” Her incoherent murmur shattered windows and broke soldiers’ eardrums. No one had the inclination to ponder what that may have meant until her right hand hovered over the city, clenched into a fist. The mighty hand slammed right into the center of West Ionia as she yelled in anger, “MY NECKLACE!!” Those under the fist were vaporized instantly. The sheer power from her muscular arms flowing into her hand radiated outward, toppling buildings and crushing millions. Still the woman looked ahead, asleep. The West Ionians broke, most still shooting wildly out of fear, knowing their bullets will do nothing to the titaness. As if to respond to their insolent defiance, her fist unclenched, and her hand swept across, smearing half the broken city. She let out a little gurgle and brought her other arm up. Her elbow planted on the dresser and she leaned over. The elbow struck the other half, pinning a block of fortified buildings to the top of the dresser, killing thousands instantly. The survivors now had the view of their sky blocked by her chest and neck. Heat radiating from her body adding fuel to the raging fires she caused. The giant woman, who easily defeated the mighty city of West Ionia, opened the box behind them as they lingered in their death throes.

As the box lid opened the East Ionians unleashed hell upon the figure that opened it. Sure, they weren’t expecting a sleepy-looking woman, but she is a threat and must be dealt with. Artillery shells tipped with nuclear warheads fired out, as did the standard flak and missiles. All struck their targets with beautiful precision, as expected from the great army of East Ionia. But when the dust cleared above, her freckled form remained undamaged. Without reacting to the barrage, she slowly lifted the box to her face, the view from the box now taken entirely by her mouth. The massive pink lips opened as she spoke at them, “YOU’RE PRETTY, SASHA” Her voice tore apart buildings. The wind knocked people away, smashing into concrete and tanks. The entire eastern half of the city was blown apart by her mere words, the sound drowning out the deafening thunder of war. Her lips jutted out and lowered to kiss the bottom of the box. At the center of the city was the Freedom Complex, the seat of government and the most secure, impenetrable fortress in their world. Her lips crushed each block surrounding it. Soldiers and civilians alike still outside were squished into paste by her soft flesh, the remainder buried in rubble. A little spit dripped out, drowning thousands not already crushed. As she receded her mouth, she breathed in heavily. The suction pulled the entire Freedom Complex, all its labyrinthine buildings full of powerful, important officials, straight into her mouth. All whose necks weren’t snapped by the pull languished on her tongue, drowning in the thin sheaf of saliva that coated it. She set the box down. Attached to her lips were bits of buildings, streets, and people squirming in agony. She licked them off and reflexively swallowed them like they were crumbs. Only a few remained of either Ionian city. Brought to madness from their humiliating defeat, they languished, all hope of returning home lost.


BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

Julia felt the tremors get stronger. She knew what was happening. The shock of losing her beloved sister and father broke her, and she had almost no reaction. She’s back. Just get it over with. The city was in chaos. Even without her directly attacking the city, the quakes and panic have burnt much of the capital. Police and the army were trying to maintain control, but they found themselves beginning to lose their sanity. The family left their condo after someone began shooting at the units of the building. Now, they traveled with a crowd of people heading for the large sports stadium being used as a shelter. The stadium sat on the outskirts of town, and Julia’s crowd was a mere three blocks away from the military checkpoint that sat outside.

But the half-naked titaness approached, eyes still half-closed. The crowd registered her steps and fell to panic. Where once they all traveled in one direction, they now turned to a mob, people shoving and trampling as survivors went every which way, the street playing host to a churning sea of humans. Julia was holding her grandmother’s arm to guide her, but a man mad with fear barreled past her nearly shoving her to the ground. Her grandmother was cast asunder by the tumult of bodies, and Julia lost sight of her. She screamed in equal parts anger and terror, cursing the goddess who condemned them to death, who didn’t even have the courtesy to address them as she did it. Pushing out of the riot, she climbed onto a trash can and yelled up to the sky, “JUST CRUSH US, ALREADY. GET IT OVER WITH, BITCH!”

Julia did not expect an answer. As the woman was one step from the city, her massive toes resting atop the outer suburbs of the capita, she let out a dreadful utterance. “TIRED-GRMM-HOT” She planted a foot over the city, slamming it just on the other side. The other foot followed, the heel striking a wealthy business district that used to over look a large river. The opulent skyscrapers disappeared into oblivion as her powerful foot annihilated them. Julia stared at her backside, every muscle in her strong back discernible from this far distance. Her hips swayed back and forth, and her legs began to buckle slightly as she seemed to pantomime sleepiness in her dream state. The crowd near Julia began to scream more as they noticed her butt begin to bend out. She was going to sit down, right on top of the city! She moved with agonizing slowness, as though she were gently falling onto a comfy mattress. The muscles in her legs bulged and strained as they supported her torso and backside lowering. The power she demonstrated from her simple movements were as humbling as they were horrifying. Her ass towered over the inhabitants of downtown, the black shorts being the last thing they’d ever see. As she bent down, she suddenly relaxed her legs. Her ass slammed into the city. For her, she may have dropped only a few inches, but that was enough energy to topple the entire capital. Quakes so powerful the pavement liquefied, buildings near her impact spot crumbled instantly. Julia fell off the trashcan, smacking her head on the pavement. Stunned, she crawled away to lie on a nearby building, watching the crowd disperse to cower anywhere they could feel safe. Julia began to cry as the woman’s back lowered. She laid down, flattening millions in mere moments. Julia directly faced the woman’s breasts, raising and lowering as she breathed slowly and deeply. Her exhalations sent waves of humid warmth out to the survivors, only a few blocks from the giant. Julia felt a sting of pain on her forehead. She felt a wetness drip off her chin and realized she had a massive gash on her head. She looked down, letting the blood soak her face. She heard whooshing to her left, followed by the slam of a bicep crashing a block away. The goddess’s arm had demolished the stadium. Julia felt the tremors of her chest beginning to rise.

The woman’s body twisted to the right. The sound of her moving to her side was screeching and deafening, like a train speeding past. Her torso moved past the tipping point, and she descended toward the ground. Julia looked up, blood covered her eyes but did not prevent seeing the woman’s killing blow. Her breasts flew toward the tiny woman, wind from the movement already arrived, knocking people over who still could stand among the tremors. Uttering a prayer to the heavens, Julia thought of her little sister and her father and all her family. She spent her final seconds awaiting the end, hoping she’d see them all soon. As the sky above her was absorbed by the titaness’s breast, Julia closed her eyes and relaxed.


“Kelsey. Kels. Wake up!”

Kelsey felt a hand shake her shoulder. Light poured in through the curtains of her room, penetrating her shut eyelids. She groaned, realizing she was not on her comfortable bed but was instead lying on the floor. Her green eyes slowly forced themselves open and she saw her roommate crouched over her. The angle from which the svelte woman towered over Kelsey gave her a jolt. “Sasha! What happened?”

“You tell me. You weren’t up for our run this morning. I came in here worried and found you on the floor. Maybe you’ve been sleepwalking?” Sasha’s left eyebrow raised behind her bangs. She had her shaggy brown hair in a messy bun.

Kelsey sat up, feeling a loose bit of cloth fall from her chest. Quickly, she brought the t-shirt draped over her back up to not expose herself to her roommate. She hoped Sasha wouldn’t notice her cheeks turning bright red. “I need that shirt back eventually, Kelsey,” Sasha said. “And you should sweep in here.” Kelsey looked around at the floor and yelped, seeing what looked like grey dirt strewn about her. Some of it was on her body, implying she rolled around in it last night! “Fucking gross. What is it?”

“I dunno. But there are bugs in there. Some kept crawling away from you out of these weird hive things. I accidentally stepped on some hives when I found you. I blame you for ruining my sock,” Sasha’s attempt at an acerbic quip failed, as it usually did. “Though I guess they started leaving last night. I found a bunch trying to get out past your door.”

“Ugh. Did any get too far?”

Sasha shook her head, “No, I squished all of the stragglers. But the broom’s by your dresser. Can you clean up? We don’t want them nesting here.”

Kelsey glanced down to see Sasha’s feet, covered by blue ankle socks, next to a patch of dirt. The patch had a large foot-shaped impression in the middle, and her sock was speckled with grey. Kelsey looked back up and groaned, her protest only partially a joke. Sasha’s icy blue eyes narrowed, “Your room, your mess, Nurse Kelsey” Kelsey stood, swiping the dirt and bugs off her legs, back, and ass with one hand, “Fine. But make some coffee while I do it, yeah?”

Sasha shot her a look of playful defiance, “I’m not your maid. If I make coffee, it’s because I want coffee. Get cleaning,” Sasha smirked at Kelsey and stood, walking out the door. Kelsey stared at her as she left and let her gaze linger a moment. She shook herself out of her trance. Alright, focus, she thought to herself. Get these bugs out of here. Slipping Sasha’s shirt on, she walked over to the broom. Before she took it, she saw more bugs sitting on her dresser. “There, too? Ew,” She towered over the dirt, spotting little green bugs sprinting around through mazes of little rectangular hives. Most of the hives were broken. As she looked, the bugs seemed to peer up at her, making little flashes of light in her direction, kind of like tiny fireflies. Since the jewelry box was open, she figured she must have messed with it last night. And sure enough, the bugs seemed to get there, too. I swear they weren’t here when I went to sleep. How’d they build this stuff so fast? She picked up the box, removing the jewelry and setting it aside to clean later, and dumped the bugs on top of the others. The two nests seemed to release some orange light as they collided, which Kelsey found quite pretty. Sasha minored in biology. Maybe she’d know what that light is? She held out her hand past the edge of the dresser and used the other to gently push the bugs off. She squirmed a little as she felt the hives and bodies of the insects cracking and bursting under her hand. Walking over to her bathroom, she fanned off the dirt into the sink and washed her hands, the torrent of water washing away all the little bugs on her palm.

She walked back to the broom and put the dustpan before the smallest of the patches on the floor. It was totally flat, nothing seemed to move in it, at least nothing big enough for her to see from all the way at her full height. She plopped the broom on top of the hive Sasha crushed. Dust flung up from the impact, some of it catching in the broom. Grimacing, she swept toward the dustpan, pulling up the hives still intact, not even noticing them being torn apart in between the massive bristles. The dustpan was half-full after the first sweep. So much dirt. Should my landlord get someone to investigate this shit? She made a note to look up pest control providers later when she has breakfast. She performed three more sweeps, pulling all the major bits of debris from the flattened patches. She walked over to the trashcan by her door and dumped everything in, all the bugs and their structures amalgamated into a pile of dusty grain. She took out the garbage bag that lined the can and tied it up. Glancing back at her bed, she spotted yet another patch. She let out one long sigh as she walked over, seeing a thin smear of grey in the middle. It seemed she flattened another cluster of hives when she got out of bed. Kelsey took off her cover and threw it in the hamper. May as well wash all the sheets, too. It was time for that anyway, I guess. She surveyed her room for any missed hives, and finding no more, she grabbed the broom and trash bag and left for the kitchen. As she walked in, she was struck by the warm, rich smell of freshly brewed coffee. She dropped the bag in the large kitchen trash can, washed her hands, and looked out her front door. Sasha sat on their porch, holding a large steaming mug. A second mug sat on the table next to her. Kelsey walked out, her morning ordeal melting away from her memory. This day might turn out alright, after all.