- Text Size +
Story Notes:

‘Reach for the Sky, Dorothea!’ was written as part of my 1.000 Watchers Special on DeviantArt. It also had its own comic, which was my very first outing in the world of creating comics.


I considered this story, as some sort of ‘alternate universe’ for the main story, ‘The Tallest in the Family’. Many core pieces stay the same, but what happens in these side stories, does not ‘conflict’ with the main story, due to this.

‘Always reach for the sky, Dorothea!’ my parents always encouraged me in pursuing my life and dreams and I really appreciated their hands-off approach and giving me that freedom but sometimes it’s hard to do so if everything you desire to be is so clear in sight. I’m talking about my older sister Tiffany.

Tiffany and I were 14 years apart and so I always looked up to her. She was my role model and by that had everything. For me, she was the perfect woman, with her intelligence, her beauty, and physical assets that I envied and I always had this feeling that I could never match up to her.

Tiffany was a well-respected doctor. I was pretty good at school but her sheer intelligence outshone me time and time again. Then there was her appearance, now imagine a six feet tall bombshell with an astonishing G-Cup bra and be the smartest person in the room. It’s simply not fair to compare. Meanwhile I was ‘just’ 5’4, which was still taller than both my parents. Dad was just 5’2 and Mom barely reached 5ft.

Basically, she had everything I always wanted. Well, almost everything. It’s hard to believe but she was single (just how was that possible!?) while I had a boyfriend since I was 15. His name is Christian and the cutest guy even though he did not make the best first impression around my family when I first invited him to dinner with us. What happened? Well, while was and still is the nicest guy imaginable, he still was a 16-year-old back then and he was ‘used’ to be around little Dorothea and her B-cups … and then I he saw my sister and he … well, he fainted when he saw her in an instant.

But enough for the preamble, I have a story to tell. It all started when Christian and I decided to move together for university shortly after my 18th birthday and that’s why I ventures into the attic to look for stuff to take with me and it

was there, where I discovered a journal written by my mother entitled ‘Dorothea’s Diary’. Normally I wouldn’t have put my nose in her private stuff, but the title alone made me think, that I should. Dorothea’s Diary. Clearly it was about me and so I decided to read it and what I found there was … let’s just say it all made sense now.

What made sense, you might ask? Look, I had these memories of once being a tall girl around my peers but that changed over the years until I thought that these distant memories were just a result of my imagination in my dream of being more than I was. Maybe more like my sister.

While some of your might discuss my insecurities, they were real to me. I longed to feel equal to my sister and to achieve my full potential. Finding my mother’s journal gave this desire even more fuel so to speak.

According to the journal, I was one of the largest babies ever born in my home state of Maryland, which surprised me. What else surprised me was that my mother kept track not only about my growth back than but also Tiffany’s since both of my parents were small and my sister was already bigger than the norm. However, I was enormous, measuring 23 inches at birth, which was over the 99.9th percentile. I learned while reading that this meant that less than 0.01 percent of all babies were taller than me. I was even two inches taller than Tiffany.

‘Me? Bigger than Tiffy!?’, I thought to myself while I continued reading the journal and learned that I had follow this trend for years. I was always much taller than my sister at my age. By the age of seven, I was 4’6 while the average height for a girl was a little under 4 feet. My mother’s writing revealed that doctors examined me, and they thought that they found the reason for my growth. I remembered taking medicine, but never knew why and back then I never questioned that, but one

thing became clear to me: I should have been taller than Tiffany, but science had hindered that and changed my path down the road.

So, it wasn’t part of my own fantasy. I was that tall girl. I should still be this tall girl but I wasn’t any more and so I ended up at 5’4. I felt sad and angry because I always wanted it, but this medicine blocked that. I wanted to become the girl they blocked, even if I ended up seven feet tall or even seventy feet.

Maybe, they had a good reason to do this. Maybe there was something troubling inside me. Maybe. Maybe not. But even if I was angry at the doctors, I wasn’t at my parents. They did what every good parent would have done. They were not to blame, even if this cost me my dream.

This discovery, it became my secret and shared it with nobody. It was all mine and so were my thoughts over the next three days. It was all I could think about. About what could have been me. All my brainpower went into these thoughts and one thing became absolutely clear to me. Let me spill it out.

I wanted more!

I wanted to become this girl, they blocked. I didn’t care if I would have ended up seven feet tall or even seventy (yes, I have seen too many movies and read to many stories online). It was my dream and my desire, and I wanted to achieve it someone and maybe even overachieve in this endeavor.

What I didn’t know was that these dreams and desires would kickstart something extraordinary and it happened when Christian and I were in the small house we rented, working hard, and putting everything in place. We were so focused on this task that we didn’t notice anything until one morning when I looked him straight in the eyes.

Christian was not exceptionally tall, standing at just over 5’8, but he used to tower over me by four and a half inches. You see, what I just wrote, right? Used to. Things were about to change, and they would change fast. Really fast.

‘Am I shrinking?’, he wondered aloud.

‘Don’t be ridiculous’, I replied proudly and somewhat cheeky. ‘Maybe I’m the one who’s just growing.’

Christian gave me this strange look, he rarely used.

‘I have to check something’, he said skeptically and looked down to my shoes so look, if I were heels or stood on my tiptoes. I did not. ‘Dorothea? Can make a measurement?’

He looked concerned and so we started with him. Christian was still his usual height, 5’8 and a half.

‘You, see’, I said with a big smile. ‘You haven’t shrunk. You’ve just read too many science fiction stories.’

‘But still…’, he replied. ‘Please come over her.’

And so, it was my turn.

‘5’8. What in the world? Dorothea? Why are you suddenly that much taller?’

Those words. They sounded so good. I clearly enjoyed all of this. It was real and it was getting even better. There was this feeling inside of my now and before we knew it, I creeped up a bit more and Christian realized it, when he ever so slightly had to look up to me.

‘Wait. 5’9!? Oh my god. What is happening to you?’, he exclaimed, shocked over my sudden changes.

All I could to is to shrug as I continued to grow right in front of my boyfriend. Another two inches. I was almost as tall as

Tiffany and this feeling hadn’t stopped. No, it got stronger, and it felt so good, I had to close my eyes and had to take all of this is me. My dream had become my reality.

‘We have to call a doctor!’, Christian exclaimed, panicked by my continuous growth but I ignored it and live that moment.

You know the term ‘growing pains’, right? Well, I can tell you it wasn’t pain which I felt. It felt so awesome. I hoped it would never stop while I imagined that Christian probably thought the exact opposite. I imagine his thoughts being somewhere along the line of, ‘will this ever stop?’.

I forgot everything around me and with that, that I still had my eyes closed until Christian shouted, ‘Dorothea! Open your eyes!’.

And so, I did, surprised when I didn’t find him. He was down there, almost two heads smaller than me. How tall did this make me? Seven feet and a half? Eight feet?

‘How do you feel, Honey?’, he asked worried about me.

‘Honestly? Awesome, but how should I put it? The feeling is getting… stronger!’

‘Stronger!’, he shouted while getting paler by the second. He couldn’t say anything. He just watched in awe, what was happening to his girlfriend. Okay, maybe it wasn’t awe, probably more fear than anything but while he just stared up at me, I shot higher and higher. Now clearly taller than eight feet and still going strong by the second.

I looked down on him, thinking, how small he was getting. Jokes on me. He wasn’t getting small but rather I was becoming huge, like I always ‘should’ have been.

But such a sudden growth spurt came with sacrifices, namely three sacrifices to be exact. Number one was my sweater, which was getting smaller and smaller until it started to give up. Ripping faster and faster. It hurt for a moment as it was becoming super tight, but my body was stronger and when my sweater reached it’s breaking point all I could hear was on last, and loud, ripping sound and it was of me and when pieces of it hit Christian, I finally woke up from his stupor.

‘What in the world was that sound!?’

‘Just my sweater’, I replied calmly.

‘Just your sweater!?’

‘Yeah! Sorry to ruin your anniversary gift like this. It was my most favorite piece of clothing but he unfortunately didn’t survive my growth spurt, and this shirt is super tiny as well now!’, I giggled as part of my response until I continued, ‘but it wasn’t just the sweater that kind of exploded…’

Which brought me to my second sacrifice.

‘My shoes are ruined too!’

You see, my sweater gave it’s fight up with one final ripping sound, but those shoes weren’t so easy on me to be honest. Let’s be clear about it. This part actually hurt. Those shoes gave it a good fight, while my entire foot was expanding in all directions. Remember that famous scene in ‘Attack of the 50ft Woman’, when Nancy started to grow? I was living through this and just like her I looked down to my shoes and waited for them to tear apart. My toes getting more and more cramped up inside them until they finally found their way out, but it didn’t stop there as my feet still got bigger and bigger, trying to get release and those shoes had great quality so they held together much longer as they had any reason to do so until my feet one

and they literally exploded with a loud bang and tear apart in dozens of pieces. What a relieve when all was done and good on that front.

‘AND YOU HAVE TO BEND!’, Christian shouted in utter disbelief.

This was my sacrifice number three. Yup, I was too tall to stand in the room which made me do a quick calculation in my head. Those were eight feet tall rooms and I had to bend, so, according to everything, I had to be around ten feet tall! Imagine that. Ten feet! I almost doubled in size. I was such a lucky girl.

‘Oh yeah, that too’, I giggled, ‘It’s probably better for me to sit down on the floor.’

And so I did, stretching my legs out and lean on our bookshelf to be more comfortable. Meanwhile, Christian looked at me while he was standing, now much more collected than before. It was funny to me. I was sitting on the floor; he was standing and yet I was almost as tall as he was.

‘I try not to be rude, but…’, he now said, checking on me and then he was kneeing in front of my feet.

‘No wonder your shoes exploded. Look at their size. They go up to my knees now!’

They truly did. Now I was looking at them myself. From my point of view, they too looked much bigger than before. Proportionally spoken of course. Before, they were completely normal, but not anymore. My feet go long and slender and simply … huge. And Christian was right. My toes touched on his knees.

‘Just how tall have you become, my Darling?’

I shrugged. Like I said earlier, I guessed to be around the 10ft mark, about 3 meters tall. ‘Interested to see for yourself?’, I asked him playfully.

‘I’d have to get a measuring tape and you have to lay down. It’s the only option we got.’

Lay down, he said. Easier said than done with all this stuff around and so, while he was getting the tape, I casually pushed away some of the furniture with my feet and legs. It was so easy. Little Dorothea got strong too, I guess, even though I might have damaged the floor while moving away the couch as it scratched our wooden floor. Oh well.

‘Okay, let me check’, he said when he returned from the other room and he immediately started measuring me from head to toe and while he was doing that, I couldn’t help but feel proud of my new height.

’10 feet, hit on the nail’, he announced and I must say, as much as he was shocked and seemingly scared before, he now was calm and collected. What can I say? He was just the best, my ‘little hero’.

‘But we haven’ even talked about the biggest change yet’, I giggled while sitting back up again. ‘It seems, not only my feet grew substantially.’, I said to him while grabbing my breasts with both of my hands and gave Christian a cheeky look.

‘Look at their size! What do you think? Are they big enough now to give them names?’

That look on Christian’s face, priceless. He just had to bite his tongue while turning red.

‘Wanna touch?’, I offered him even though I could tell that he was uncomfortable with that. All of this was too much for him to comprehend, I think. Think about it: You are a boy and

your girlfriend expands from a B-Cup to something around, I don’t know what size they where now, H-Cup? Oh, and to make matters worse, this same girlfriend started to grow right in front of your eyes…

*Rumble*

‘What was that!?’, Christian asked while looking more confused as ever before but I knew, what was about to happen. That feeling has returned and I heard those familiar ripping sounds again.

‘I think it’s time for round 2!’

‘You…are…kidding…me…’, was all he could say while he, once again, had to look up to me.

‘Nope! And this feels even stronger now!’, I told him while growing even faster. Once again starting to look down on him, while sitting on the floor I remember you. Inside of me, I felt even better than before, but I thought it was better not to tell him that and so we both just watched what was happening. Me seeing everything around me getting tinier by the second and he watching me become giant.

‘I believe you that. I can see that. This is getting me scared!’

‘Don’t be silly!’, I replied. ‘It’s not scary, well for me at least but don’t worry. I’ll watch after you, I promise.’, I told him while still getting bigger, until I …

‘But look!’, I told him. ‘Look! I can touch the ceiling while sitting on the floor!’

I was mesmerized by that realization and it become easier by the second.

‘That’s fine and all but we should get you out of here, while we can!’

Christian had a point in there, but I think he didn’t realize that it was technically too late for that. At least for the common way to get in and out of a house. One small look to the door was enough for me to see that.

‘Oh, you’re right. Let me handle this! There is only one way left to get me out of here!’

My sight was on our roof. It would be easy, I thought as I was feeling, that I already started to push against it with my hands with ease. My plan was set in stone.

‘You should probably hide somewhere for the next few seconds!’, was my order and seconds later I decided to get on my knees and then stand up in one clean swoop but I underestimated my continuous growth as I was, while still kneeling, out of the house with my head and shoulders and as I gained inch after inch by the seconds, my boobs followed too.

‘Well, that was easy. Sorry, Mr. Roof!’, I jokingly apologized to our rooftop and then I rose to my full height which meant, that only my legs, and of course my boyfriend, were left in the house. Time to change that.

‘Okay. It’s done now. I’ll get you out of there. Don’t be afraid and trust me. I’ll be careful with you.’, I assured him. I looked down to him and he simply nodded and before he new it, I gently grabbed him and brought him to the outside and placed him on the still intact parts of the roof and kneeled down again to talk to him. Now imagine the situation. My boyfriend was standing on a one-storey-high-building and I was kneeling in front of it and yet he only came up to my breasts, which have grown again by the way. Those babies got huge, bigger than I ever thought it to be possible.

‘Ah. This is much better. I think you are safe up there, or rather down there. It depends on the point of view!’, I started

laughing at my own joke, but Christian was just stand there, looking at me in what was left of my clothes. ‘Is anything wrong.’

I can only imagine, what was going through his minds but then he put it together and finally talked to me again.

‘Dorothea, you…’, he started slowly. ‘You look extremely beautiful.’

Beautiful, he said. He found it beautiful. All of this.

‘Awww, look, you make me blush!’

‘But it’s true!’

‘So you like the new me?’

‘Well, all of this scared the crap out of me, but yes, it suits you, even if I feel weird looking up like this, but I’ll get the hang of it!’

‘Awww, you always know how to make me happy! And if you like the new Dorothea so much…’

I teased him a bit with that and then I slowly, and probably a little bit seductive, rose to my feet and showed him, just how big I’ve become and boy, did he look tiny. I easily had to be 25ft at the very least, probably even more than that!

‘Like, what you see?’, I asked him and giggled with joy, but he was silent again. ‘Oh, I think I broke him, again!’

‘No!’, he assured me, ‘but somehow I try to stay wholesome and try to not sound rude and all at … but you are making this one hell of a task!’

‘OH MY GOD! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, DOROTHEA!?’

‘Tiffy!’, I shouted and turned around. Oh yes, my sister wanted to bring us something for the new house. Well, guess that’s a bit late now. ‘Everything is alright!’

Now, let me tell you something. Tiffy was no small person, comparatively spoken. A six feet tall woman was definitely not small, but she looked so tiny down there.

‘Alright, you say. Apart form standing taller than the buildings around you!’

‘You make it sound like it is a bad thing!’, I replied while putting my hands on my hips in a rather playful manner.

‘No, I …hey, could you at least sit down. I can already feel my neck!’

She had a point. This would make it easier, at least a bit. ‘Sure thing. Better now?’

‘A little bit, but tell me, how did you become so, so… big?’

I think, she took it much better than Christian, probably because she was not around, when I grew, and she didn’t witness the process. She just saw the end result.

‘No idea. It just happened, isn’t it awesome?’

‘At least you are happy with becoming a 30ft tall bombshell, sis!’

Bombshell. My hot sister called me a bombshell. That never happened before. Pretty? Yes? Gorgeous? Also, yes. But a bombshell? No.

Tiffany was standing before my feet, which were about the same size as her. She looked so small next to them and that gave me an idea, which let her stand there frozen in place.

‘What in the world are you doing?’

‘Hehe, isn’t it obvious? I pet your head with my big toe. Look how big it is!’, and big it was. My big toe alone was around the size of her whole head.

‘This new side of yours is weirding me out, Dorothea!’

‘I am sorry, but you just look so cute down there!’

Tiffany made a step backwards to be free from my little play, now looking me in the eyes.

‘One thing is for sure now. You are now officially the ‘tallest in the family’, my dear sister!’

Nothing to add there from my part, but then she lectured me.

‘But from now on you really have to be careful. You might have become a 30ft Giantess now, but you have to be responsible with your new size, Dorothea. Keep that in mind. No careless walking around. No crushed cars and especially no crushed people!’

‘Roger that, Mylady!’ I replied with a smile and we both started laughing. I was glad that my sister was so supportive of me, and all was fine and all, until…

*RUMBLE*

‘What was that?’, she asked but all I initially could say, was a simple, ‘hehe’. I knew exactly what was about to happen and soon she would too.

‘I think this means we are up for round 3!’

She looked dazzled, not knowing what I was referring, but that changed within second as next she realized, that my feet, still in front of her, were now taller than she was. I think, she knew now what I meant.

‘And this one feels even stronger! Prepare for a big growth spurt, you probably should step aside quite a bit!’

‘E-e-e-even stronger!?‘

It felt stronger and even better, really good in fact but I had to remind myself, that not only my sister was looking at me, but probably also all the people within the other houses that were too afraid to come out. They all witnessed, as I no longer gained inches by the seconds, but rather entire feet in height. If I was 30ft tall before, I was now 40 and seconds later 50.

‘This ends soon, right?’

‘Sorry to burst your bubble, sis, but I don’t think so!’

And thank god, I thought. I wanted more as we were far beyond the point of no return. 30ft? 50ft? 75ft? Did it even matter at this point in time? Not really!

Fact was, I was getting huge and not for the first time, I had remembered that famous movie and I commented the following, ‘Attack of the 50ft Woman, sorry Nancy, but I think Dorothea Lockhart has already outgrown you!’

Tiffany meanwhile scolded me, with no effect.

‘You are enjoying this too much, my dear sister! Could you please stop now? This is getting out of hand!’

‘Nope, it’s still going. Still growing.’

It was so fast now, how the entire world got smaller around me, especially my once taller sister. This was even better than all of my hopes and dreams combined!

‘Enjoying the show, Tiffy?’

‘Is it over? If you continue like this, you’ll become 100ft tall!’

100ft, she said? Oh, I liked that sound. It sounded powerful.

‘Challenge accepted!’

Oh, was she cursing herself for that!

‘I’m an idiot for giving her ideas!’

Sorry, sis, but my body at its own mind on that matter until I reached that magical number. 100ft, it was a reality now. My reality!

‘The feeling is gone. I think it’s over now.’, I told her. Meanwhile, while looking down to her, standing next to my left knee, I had to stop for a moment and look at myself. I always had long legs for my size, but it’s easy to overlook on a girl that is 5’4, but now we were talking about a 100ft giantess and those babies were now looking really long. I was so proud of them!

‘Ehm, have you forgotten about me?’

It was Christian, still standing on the leftover rooftop of our new house. A house, I easily could crush with my butt now, so small has it become. But I was not that type of person that would enjoy smash building, just because I was a giantess. No, I was still old wholesome Dorothea, just 18 and a half times taller. No big deal, right? But back to Christian.

‘Of course not. I would never forget about my little hero, right? Wait. I’ll put you on the ground.’

He fitted in my hands with ease. Normal sized people were the size of dolls for me but, once again, they were people and no toys, so no playing around with them! Respect your peers, folks, even if they are just at the height of your ankle! And so I put him right next to my sister, who started talking to him and while they did, I was looking around at first and then compared

them with my body, as they were standing in front of my feet, which were by now three times larger than them. I never have been a feet person even though I know that this ‘fascination’ exists but now I was thinking. Not in a aroused way or anything like that, but rather in a curious and fun way and on part of these thoughts, my two onlookers had to be given the blame.

‘How do you handle all of this, Christian? Aren’t you scared at all? Her feet alone are three times our size, let alone her entire body!’

‘All of this scared me, yes. But look at her, Tiffany. Do you see the joy in your sister’s face?’

‘I can see that.’

‘Dorothea is happy with all of this and I’m not the one to take her that joy. If she is happy, I’m too. But you are right. These things are huge and can someone scared easily if they loom above you, but if one person would fit the ‘Gentle Giantess’ role, than it’s her. Your sister is the nicest person I’ve ever known! My biggest fear is, that she’ll enjoy all of this too much and starts to ask for crazy things, like me massaging those big feet of hers, or something like that.’

They realize, I was able to hear everything they said, I asked myself, but they made me think. How would it feel if someone this small would massage my feet? I giggled at the thought but no, I had a better idea. A much better one. After all of this and listening to my boyfriends kind words about me, I thought it was time to give my little hero a big gift.

‘Hey Christian, I have an idea. Do you trust me?’

‘Of course! I always trust you, Dorothea.’

I had to smile and then I grabbed him ever so gentle and then I slowly stood up with him and brought him up to my face.

‘How is the view from up here´’

‘Excellent I just hope, I’m not too small for you now, my dear.’

‘Never! You are perfect the way you are, even if I start to grow again!’

That look he gave me. I still laugh today when I think about it. ‘Don’t tell me…’

‘Just kidding, dummy. I think it’s over, for real now. 100 feet. It sounds great, right? Look down at all these buildings. They seemed so high, right? Well, not anymore. The biggest skyscraper in this town is me now!’

‘Speaking about buildings. Honest question. How will we live from now on?’

‘Maybe the mayor will be nice and will give us the old hangar hall. They are out of use for a long time now and we could rebuild them and make them all shiny again. And if not, I could use my angry face! Who could say no to a simple request be a 100ft tall giantess that is as cute as me? But enough about all this serious stuff, my love. There is only one thing, I want to do right now.’

‘As long as you don’t want to eat me, I’m cool with it’, Christian joked and I remembered him to his own words back on the ground.

‘So much for the gentle Giantess role, Mister. No, I have something better in mind! How about a big kiss for my little hero?’

And with that I gave him the biggest smooch in the history of our city. He was so small and yet it felt so nice, in the end size

doesn’t matter when love is in place! Oh, and he clearly liked it too, as I replied with the following.

‘I think, I can get used to this whole Giantess stuff!’

‘It doesn’t get better than having a 100ft tall girlfriend, right?’, I giggled after replying.

And this is how it all happened. Oh, and some of you are probably curios what caused all of this. Well, my sister, being the responsible doctor that she always was, checked me up several times but she never found anything. Let’s just say that some hopes and dreams even beat the possibilities in the realm of science!

But still, this amazing feeling ... what if I was able to feel it one more time? Oh, I can hear Tiffany shout at me for having this thought. Even though I was this 100ft Giantess, in the end she always was and will ever be my beloved big sister. Some things will never change. Let this be the wise words of a 100ft Giantess!

*RUMBLE*