- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Haha, the story is not dead,.......yet

Eric shuffled on the smooth wooden surface, struggling to find his footing. The familiar fibers of Nina’s shirt brushed against his arm as she steadied herself beside him. They were perched precariously on the edge of the colossal cabinet situated along the far wall of Mia's dorm room. 


“We shouldn’t be up here,” Eric muttered. “What if she thinks we're trespassing and she ...”


“Shhh!” Nina nudged him, nodding towards the looming figure sprawled on an enormous bed on the opposite side of the room. 


Mia lay with her back against a pile of pillows, thoroughly engrossed in her phone. Her fingers glided across the screen, as she aimlessly scrolled, the blue glow casting an eerie shimmer across her face. everything about Mia was dauntingly supersized - the bed nearly 5 times the size of an average human house. she seemed oblivious to Nina and Eric’s presence, caught up in her digital world.


“Now’s our chance, let’s go!” Nina whispered. She began edging sideways along the cabinet towards the dresser. Eric hesitated, eying the gap between the furniture silently calculating if he could make the jump.  


Nina paid him no attention. Reaching the corner, she gathered her skirts and leapt gracefully across, landing neatly on the adjacent surface. Eric took a deep breath, steeled himself, and pushed off after her. For a heart-stopping moment he was airborne, arms wheeling through empty space. Then his feet hit the wood and he stumbled, dropping to his knees.


Behind him came a mirthless chuckle that reverberated through the room. “Who are you guys and what are you doing here,  no longer afraid?”


Eric’s heart sank. Glancing back, he saw Mia regarding them with amusement, phone forgotten. Her piercing eyes tracked their every movement. 


“I told you this was a terrible idea,” Eric grumbled under his breath.


“Oh come on,just stick to the plan!” Nina retorted, though her face had paled considerably. 


Mia’s lips curved into a knowing smirk. With feline grace, she rolled to the side of the bed and leaned an elbow casually on the cabinet, towering over the two tiny, trembling figures. 


“So...” she purred, “to what do I owe this little visit?”


Her voice was rich and smooth like velvet. This close, Her iridescent eyes danced with curiosity and something that set him on edge...hunger?


Beside him Nina quailed, strands of auburn hair sticking to her sweat-dampened neck. But Eric stood tall, jutting out his chin. “We just wanted to talk to you, that’s all,” he announced, hoping the tremors in his voice weren’t obvious. 


Mia’s pencil-thin brows shot upwards. “Oh really?” she purred. “And what could two little morsels like you possibly have to say that would interest me?”


Morsels. The word sent a spike of unease through Eric’s gut. Rumors of celdens taste for humans like him were well known around campus, Mia’s presence instinctively put him on the defensive. 


Still, he refused to show weakness. 


“We just thought, since we're class mates we should come introduce ourselves,” he improvised. “Make you feel welcome.”


“Really, How very thoughtful,” Mia chuckled. “And just who might you be?”  


“I’m Eric. This is my friend Nina. We live at the other side of the school grounds”  


“Charmed,” Mia purred, though her expression remained amused, as if enjoying some private joke. She extended her index fingernail, using the tip to tilt Eric’s chin up. “Don’t believe I’ve seen either of you around before.


Eric nodded, not daring to move his head while caught in her grip. Her touch was gentle, yet those nails could easily cleave him in two. Unease churned within him.


Oblivious, Nina piped up. “Yeah, we just arrived last week! I’m so excited for classes, and make new friends” 


Mia silenced her with a look. “Fascinating, I’m sure.” 


Releasing Eric, she sat back against her bed, regarding them through veiled eyes. 


Eric shot Nina a warning glance. His friend blushed but held her tongue. An awkward beat passed. 


“Soooo...” Eric scuffed his shoe, racking his brains. “Got any big plans for today?”


Mia inspected her nails. “Not really, just gonna sit her all dey until my friend comes back from school and comes to see me”


Eric and Nina exchanged looks. 


“is he really your friend,” Nina said. “


“What” mia responded


“I mean aren't you going to class” Nina said


Mia waved a hand flippantly. “Semantics. I prefer to do things on my own schedule.”


Eric crossed his arms. “Well, our schedules say we’ve got Intro to Physics in an hour. Can’t really afford to skip it, you know.”  


Mia yawned loudly as if the mundane concept of attending class was beneath her. Eric felt irritation simmer within him. Who did this giantess think she was?


“C’mon,” Nina pleaded, “just help us down before we’re late.”


Mia eyed them pensively. Behind her nonchalance Eric sensed she was turning over an idea. 


“Or...” A slow grin spread across her face. “You could both just skip with me.”


Eric stiffened. Skipping? Hanging out with a giantess ? Before he could respond Nina chimed in.


“Skip class? We can’t! We have to attendclass so we get good grades.”


“Oh I assure you, truant activities are a quintessential part of the college experience,” Mia smirked. “Haven’t you ever watched one of those films? Ditching leads to all sorts of adventures.”


“Yeah, in movies. But we’ve got good grades to maintain.”  


Mia waved her hand flippantly. “Oh I can whip up some excuse for you both, don’t worry. Simply leave an anonymous tip that your giant neighbor refused to let you out. They’ll understand.”   


Eric chewed his lip. On one hand, ditching school would reflect poorly. But there is a freaking 180 ft giantess in front of him, it's not like she was going to let them go, plus this might be what they needed for their plan to be successful, to expose Mia for the monster she is before it's too late for his best friend Eric as he would be in the front line of any of her attacks, he would be the closest to her.


“You know what, maybe we will use that excuse,” he decided recklessly.  


Mia’s grin broadened, pleased at his daring. “Atta boy, uhmmmm Eric right, right! That’s the spirit.”  


Emboldened, Eric smirked up at her. “A big strong giant girl like you trapping us against our will all day, how can we possibly attend class?”  


Mia barked out a laugh at his gall. Even Nina giggled nervously behind her hands.  


“Trapping you against your will? Making demands of me?” Mia shook her head, feigning indignation. “Careful Eric. You’re playing a dangerous game.”  


Despite her stern tone, mirth danced in her eyes. Sensing he was on the right track, Eric played along.  


“What? I’m just telling it like it is. Right, Nina?”


His friend nodded hesitantly. “R-right. Can’t get down with her looming over us all creepy like that!”  


Mia crossed her arms. “Creepy? Why I never!” Then she paused, glancing down at her imposing figure and long talon-like nails. “Well alright, perhaps I am a bit creepy. But keeping you here against your will? That  doesn't sounds like something I would do!”  


She placed a dramatic hand against her forehead, pretending to look affronted. Watching her playact made Eric chuckle. 


“Uh huh, surrrrre you wouldn’t,” he teased. “Admit it, you just want someone tiny to boss around all day!”  


Mia gasped theatrically. “Mr. Eric! Is that any way to speak to a lady?”  


“A lady? Nah, I just see a big bully looking to take advantage of two poor, innocent students!”  


Mia threw back her head, laughing in earnest now. The sound reminded Eric of tinkling windchimes. Contagious laughter bubbled up from his own lungs. Soon, even demure Nina had collapsed into helpless giggles.  


As their laughter died down, Mia fixed Eric with an appraising look. “You know Eric, I think I’m going to like you.” 


Warmth rushed through him at her approval. Still riding the giddy high, Eric spread his arms wide, emboldened to issue a challenge.   


“Soooo, if we’re skipping, what should we do instead?”


Mia tapped a finger against her cheek, pondering for a moment.   


“Well...we could lounge around watching movies all day. But that seems rather boring, doesn’t it?”


“Yeah, lounging isn’t really my style,” Eric admitted. 


“Nor mine.” A fresh grin spread across Mia’s face. “I know - why don't I give you both makeovers?”


Eric blanched. That was decidedly not what he had in mind. One glance at Nina though told him she was fully on board.  


“A makeover?” his friend gushed. “That sounds like so much fun!”


“Makeovers it is then!” Mia declared. Scooping up both tinies in one smooth motion, she deposited them on her desk and pulled up a chair. 


Eric gulped, suddenly feeling like a doll in the clutches of an over-eager child. This was not at all how he had envisioned the mission going. 


As if reading his thoughts, Mia chuckled. “Come now Eric, live a little! Here–” 


She held out an intimidating palette loaded with various powders and creams. The oversized makeup brushes beside it resembled industrial paint rollers. Eric groaned internally. What had he gotten them into?


Surprisingly, as Mia began working, Eric found himself growing comfortable. Her touches were feather-light, lacking any menace he anticipated. She filed and buffed his nails, chatting amiably about classes and campus life. Despite Eric's initial protests, he couldn't deny there was something soothing, almost meditative, about the process. Soon he felt himself relaxing into her ministrations. 


Beside him Nina was clearly enjoying the experience, ooh-ing and aah-ing over colors. Watching his friend’s unguarded delight warmed Eric’s heart. For all her imposing bluster, Mia seemed to genuinely enjoy their company.  


“So Eric, tell me about yourself,” Mia probed lightly as she dusted a brush across his cheeks. “Any riveting secrets I should know?”  


Eric laughed. “What, like some dark, traumatic backstory? Hate to disappoint, but my life’s been pretty ordinary.”


“Oh I doubt that. Everyone has hidden depths.”  


Unsure how to respond, Eric gave a noncommittal shrug. In truth his past was painfully mundane, almost sterile in its normalcy.  


Mia tried another track. “Well, what are your plans tomorrow after classes?”  


Eric sat a little taller. “nothing really,  just scorer practice and then I go home.


Mia hummed. “mind if I come watch”


Her words kindled Eric’s imagination, conjuring up vivid scenes in his mind. He pictured Mia against backdrops of mist-veiled mountains and crumbling temples, looking very much in her element. A touch of longing entered his voice.


“That sounds incredible.” 


“It will be,” Mia said simply, with casual certainty. 


Eric snickered.” It be easy to score since everyone else would be focused on you”   


They passed the next hour amiably chatting as Mia finished their makeovers. By the end, Eric sported slick navy polish on his nails along with artfully tousled hair, thanks to Mia’s deft work. Beside him Nina looked ready to attend a ball, practically glowing beneath her layers of shimmery shadow and gloss.  


“Well, how do I look?” Nina preened, admiring herself in a palm-sized mirror. 


“Positively stunning, darling!” Mia declared. Rising from her seat, she stretched leisurely. “Well, I’d say it’s been a rather successful first outing together.”


Eric had to agree. Discomfort still lurked in the pit of his stomach whenever she drew too near, but he was beginning to see glimpses of the playful, creative soul dwelling beneath Mia's imposing exterior.


"So, what should we do next on our adventure?” he asked gamely.


Mia tapped her chin. “Hmmm, well I am feeling a bit peckish. Shall we get something to eat?”  


The words triggered Eric’s anxiety again. He shared an apprehensive look with Nina. Mia seemed to sense their unease for she quickly backpedaled.  


“Oh, to pick up normal food of course,” she clarified. “but I wouldn't mind finishing with two delicious snacks–“ Eric gulped as her eyes roved hungrily over them,


“Just kidding, I'll spare both of yoy… at least for today.” She grinned impishly.  


Eric forced a weak chuckle, praying she only jested. 


"Eric, did you know you're so small, I could probably fit your whole house in my pocket," she teased. "You're so tiny compared to me; I could easily crush you without the slightest effort."


Eric, never one to back down, shot back defiantly, "I'm not tiny; you're just fat!"


Mia, affronted, examined herself. "I am NOT fat!"


Undeterred, Eric insisted, "Uh, yeah, you are. Maybe lay off the humans; they're high in calories, you know."


Mia, mischief dancing in her eyes, leaned in close to Eric. "Well, in that case, how aboout I make you part of my fat then?"


Eric gulped but held his ground. "I've got a better idea. How about you hit the gym instead? Might finally shed some of those pounds."


Mia, taken aback, blushed a shade of violet. She turned away, momentarily abashed.


Nina, caught in the crossfire of this absurd exchange, couldn't help but burst into laughter. Mia whipped around, fixing her with an intimidating glare. Nina clamped her mouth shut, the smile vanishing, expecting the worst.


But then, to everyone's surprise, Mia cracked a grin herself. It was a grin that said, "Gotcha!" – a playful acknowledgment that the giantess wasn't as fearsome as she seemed.


Chapter End Notes:

Leave a review,  goodbye