- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Been almost a month since the last chapter, hope you like it

The morning sun dawned bright and clear as Matthew Hillman walked towards the courtyard from his dorm 


As Matthew strolled up the tree-lined, he noticed was the sizable crowd gathered. Curious murmurs and uneasy glances were exchanged between students as Matthew made his way over.


"Hey man, check it out," Matthew's best friend Eric Greene said, materializing at his side. "Looks like they set up some giant platform on the field. People are saying that's where the portal is gonna open up." 


Eric was tall and broad-shouldered with tousled blond hair and an easygoing demeanor that made him instantly likable. The two had been as close as brothers since grade school. Matthew felt reassured to have his most trusted friend by his side as they took in the strange spectacle.


In the middle of the football field, an imposing metal structure now stood. It rose at least 200 feet tall, glinting coldly in the morning light. Technicians in hazmat suits swarmed all over it, making adjustments to the intricate framework surrounding a shimmering vertical pool at the center. The air seemed to ripple and bend around that focal point, hinting at the supernatural forces being contained.


"Do you think that's really it?" Matthew asked uneasily. Though only 16, he was tall for his age, already topping 6 feet, with shaggy brown hair that constantly fell into his bright blue eyes. But even someone of his impressive height felt tiny standing in the shadow of the alien machine.


"Has to be," Eric replied grimly. "Guess this is really happening, bro. That thing is gonna open up any minute and let some colossal giant through and our lives would pretty much change"


A hush fell over the gathered crowd as the technicians cleared the platform, their work apparently complete. Everyone's eyes remained fixed on the shimmering portal, waiting in dreadful anticipation for it to activate. 


Matthew shuddered at the thought of beings so immense that humans barely registered, no one really knew what to expect when giants became part of daily life.


Beside him, Eric shifted uneasily from foot to foot. "Man, I know we've been anxious for weeks about this day. But now that it's here..."


"I know," Matthew replied quietly. "It's pretty scary from what we've heard." He rubbed his sweaty palms on his pants as a teacher called for absolute silence.


After a few terse instructions about maintaining distance, the technicians pressed a sequence of buttons on the platform controls. The air seemed to thicken with energy as an electrical hum built in the air. Squinting against the brightness, Matthew watched in awe as the rippling gateway smoothed into a glossy, vertical pool. The surface shone like a mirror, reflecting the anxious faces of the crowd.


"Is it ready?" Principal Collins shouted up to the technicians. At their thumbs up, she nodded and turned to address the school.


"Alright, we are going to proceed with the exchange," her voice echoed across the hushed sports field. "I must remind all students to remain calm and keep your distance."


With that, she gestured to the technicians who entered a complex code into the control panel. The humming intensified as the portal began to swirl with hypnotic energy. Several students backed away nervously but Matthew found himself drawn forward like a moth to a flame. This was really happening.


After an agonizing minute of building power, the shimmering gateway suddenly flashed blindingly bright. Matthew shielded his eyes, heart lurching.


Then, a figure stepped out of ador to the side  hesitantly towards the portal, Matthew recognized him immediately he was so caught up on what was coming that he forgot that something was also going - Mathew Hogwarts, he's name pair from class. The lanky boy looked around with wide eyes, taking in the hushed crowd.


Principal Collins stepped forward, expression filled with sympathy. “Matthew, thank you for being brave,” she said solemnly. “We wish you the very best on your journey ahead and I know you'll come back safely.”


Hogwarts nodded jerkily, clearly trying to maintain composure. His eyes glistened with unshed tears. As Collins guided him toward the portal, a few students called out wishes of luck and encouragement.


“Stay strong, man!” Eric yelled, voicing the shared grief of their classmate being sent to an uncertain fate.


Hogwarts turned back once more at the portal’s shimmering threshold, memorizing the faces of his friends and teachers. “Goodbye everyone,” he said thickly. “I’ll never forget you all.”


With that, he stepped into the light and vanished. A heavy pall hung over the gathered crowd. But they had only a moment to mourn before the portal flared to life once more. All eyes turned back to the gateway, filled with dread at what would emerge next.


First one thick leg stepped through, planting itself heavily on the platform. Then another followed as a colossal torso emerged behind. Matthew's neck craned back, awestruck gaze trailing up the new arrival's body as she fully exited the portal. 


She had to be at least 150 feet tall, her head looming far over the top of the school buildings. Matthew's lungs forgot to work for a second as he took in the sheer immensity of the creature before him.


Despite her terrifying height, the giantess looked surprisingly human-like in proportions. She wore a grey pleated skirt that would be perfectly regulation length on a normal student - except it currently displayed a pair of legs as thick around as tree trunks. On top she had on a white blouse straining to contain her ample chest. A red vest and tie completed the ensemble.


The giantess' flowing black hair tumbled halfway down her back. Behind stylish glasses, her emerald eyes blinked against the glare. The uncertainty and nerves showed plain on her face as she took in the gathered crowd so far below.


"Hello young Celden, welcome to our school," Principal Collins' amplified voice rang out, breaking the awed silence. Matthew saw she had to tilt her head fully back to even glimpse the towering girl's face.


The giantess fidgeted with her pleated skirt, biting her plump lower lip. "Umm, hi," she spoke uncertainly. Even in a soft voice, her words echoed like rumbling thunder. "I'm, um, Mia. Mia"


A titter of disbelief escaped some students at her timid introduction. Clearly they had anticipated some fearsome brute. Instead, this Mia seemed shy and nervous at finding herself facing the miniature crowd. 


Principal Collins maintained her professional demeanor as she addressed the towering young lady. "Well Mia, on behalf of everyone, I want to welcome you to our school. I know you've traveled very far to be here."


Mia nodded, twin braids swishing against her waist.


Matthew noticed Eric looking as shocked as he felt beside him. Neither had expected the visiting giantess to be so polite and humble. Maybe she was putting on an act? Matthew strained to read her guileless expression between the braids that framed her delicate features. If this Mia was faking things, she was doing an incredible job.


Principal Collins was explaining the planned assimilation process to help Mia adjust to her new environment. Matthew tore his awed gaze away from the skyscraping girl and focused back on the principal. 


"...and that should help you learn your way around campus," she concluded. "Now we just need a volunteer to be your guide for the first few days." 


At this, the principal noticeably hesitated, no doubt imagining the sea of hands was about to go up. An awkward moment passed in silence before she cleared her throat. "Yes, well, which student would like to welcome Mia to Summer Pine High?"


The crowd of students shifted uneasily, hundreds of gazes darting sideways. Everyone seemed to be attempting telepathic communication, pleading for someone to raise their hand. The giantess bit her lip again, looking embarrassed. She scuffed one leather boot that was easily twice Matthew's height against the platform.


Matthew felt an strange feeling in his chest and  Before he could second guess himself, he thrust one hand up and called "I'll do it!"


A ripple of disbelief passed through the crowd. Beside him, Eric made a strangled sound. "Bro, are you nuts?" he hissed under his breath. Matthew shook his head stubbornly and strode towards the podium before he could lose his nerve.


Knees weak, he came to stand before the looming principal whose smile looked more like a pained grimace. "Ah Matthew, thank you for volunteering," she said briskly, though her widened eyes betrayed her thoughts. "Let me introduce you to our new student."


Matthew craned his neck back so far he nearly lost his balance. Past the principal's bobbing head, he could just make out the enormous girl peering down at him. Mia's emerald eyes were each easily bigger than his head, framed by thick dark lashes. He raised one hand in an awkward wave. 


"H-hi Mia, I'm Matthew Hillman. Welcome to our school!" His voice cracked embarrassingly on the last word. He cringed, but the giantess gave a timid smile, her lips parting to reveal straight white teeth each the size of tombstones.


Matthew craned his neck back, staring up at the giantess looming impossibly high above him. Mia gazed back down, biting her lip uncertainly. Despite her polite demeanor, he couldn't help a nervous shiver at the sight of her feet, each leather boot bigger than his bed. One step could easily crush his entire body to a paste 


Pushing down his fear, Matthew tried for a friendly smile. "So, um, welcome I guess! I know you're probably nervous being around all us teensy people." He gestured self-consciously at his comparatively miniature frame. "But don't worry, we don't bite! Well, not literally anyway."


He gave an awkward laugh which quickly died off as Mia simply stared down at him. Matthew rubbed the back of his neck, casting about wildly for anything coherent to say.


He forced an awkward chuckle, acutely aware of Mia's emerald eyes fixed on him. She could likely see his every bead of nervous sweat glistening. Matthew rubbed his damp palms discreetly on his pant legs, praying he didn't say anything to offend the towering giantess. 


The principal, sensing the escalating tension, swiftly dismissed the assembly, particularly to avoid irking the towering Celden, who cast an imposing shadow over the scene.


The students, including Mathew flowed back into the school like a retreating tide. leaving Mia all alone on the platform, she stood there taking in the peculiar atmosphere around her.


Eric catches up to Mathew and gives him a bump on the head, "that's for almost dying, and then hugs him right after and says " I'm happy you're still alive"


They continued with their normal school activities, as you would call it normal with a towering giantess outside


Navigating through the corridors, Matthew and Eric made their way to what could only be described as a normal school day, an ironic label considering the colossal figure standing just beyond the class wall. Matthew, perpetually aware of the curious gazes directed his way, felt like an unwitting protagonist in a surreal drama.


Lunchtime arrived, accompanied by the principal's call for mathew, an invitation for Matthew to fulfill his role as  her guide. Stepping outside, he found Mia engrossed in her phone which was easily taller than him, she surrounded by bags of colossal proportions. The contrast between her massive form and the mundane platform created an oddly amusing tableau.


He approached her, trying to sound as calm as he can


Then mia looked down at Mathew causing him to startle,  then she gived smile, "hii Matthew, right" she called out to him


Why She is in suddenly in a good mood Mathew thought within himself 


"I thought I wouldn't be able to talk to anyone back at home when I came here but, it seems I can and I don't know why, and I'm happy that I can at least talk to my family and friends why I'm here and later I'll see if I can do facetime" she said to Mathew


Mathew still hadn't gotten the fact that mia seemed nice, and the the fact that no one was dead yet


Mathew didn't want to interrupt what she was doing, she might get angry and crush him like the little big he was compared to her


Mathew summons the courage and calls up to her " hey , uhm, I'm supposed to show you around school, so would you like,  gently carry me so I can show you around since I wouldn't be able to catch up to you on foot" Mathew voice was filled with fear


"You want me to be gentle with you" mia said with a wide mischievous grin on her face


Mathew flinches. "why did he have to say that now he's in for it" he thought, "


"ya, if you don't mind" he said with voice still filled with fear


Mia just looked at him with a plane expression 


Mathew's soul almost left his body


Then she said "ok" with a smile leaving Mathew confused and that when he noticed he had been holding his breath


She proceeds to place her hand down beside Mathew " hop on" she said with soft smile


Mathew hesitated but stepped onto Mia's palm as she lifts him up to her eye level


Mathew hold on tightly for dear life to avoid falling 200 ft to his end


"Hey" mia called out


"Hey, uhm mi….mi…mia" he said seeing mia up close only terrified him even more


"Mind if we get on with this" mia softly said to him


"Uhm  ya yes" Mathew responded timidly


Mathew shows her around from the school buildings to the ball pitch.


Then lastly, showed her to a building which was taller than even mia, it seems like  that could fit mia


"That would be our classroom" Mathew said to mia


"Oh wow, here I was thinking I wasn't even going to learn shit over here"


And the Mathew led mia to their final destination, it looked like the class room but a little smaller


"This is where you are going to be staying, we cleaned it up for you, it took a month but it looks clean and fresh"


"Wow really" mia gasped I literally brought a sleeping bag as I thought I would be sleeping outside but somehow I have a house to stay


"Ya" Mathew managed an akward smile whilst scratching his head, it comes with  a bathroom and a small kitchen for you to cook stuffs in"


"Cooking humans, hmmmm, I bet it isn't all that bad" mia said with a grin


Mathew felt vulnerable standing on Mia's palm "she was faking all this nice stuff I knew it, now we are all doomed" Mathew thought


"Just kidding " mia busted into laughter


*It didn't sound like you were" Mathew protested


"Alright you got me, let's see how it taste" mia said grin as wide as ever


"I bet I don't taste that good, I don't even shower"  Mathew said shaking


"Oh really, hmmm, let's find out, shall see" mia said picking Mathew up by the foot and dangling him upside over her open maw


"No pls" Mathew begged knowing she wasn't going to change anything , he just closed his eyes and accepted his fate, 


The hand which was holding him stated vibrating and loud laugh was heard from underneath


Mathew slowly opened his eyes to see mia  laughing so hard


She brought him back to face level, smiling


"You're fun, I like you Mathew" mia said " let's be friends"


Mathew was left dumb founded was this a trick again you don't expect a monster who just tried to eat him offer him friendship


Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter in a week, stay tuned and pls leave a comment